• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
image.php

Throwing more RNG into champ skill, sigh.

EDIT: At least it's not all bad.

They should just use lolskill or whatever and give mastery 7 to people who are top 1000 or something with that champ.

jerd

I'm glad I finally have something to do with all of this blue essence. That being said it sounds kinda similar to the system on the PBE that they said they would not be going through with. Fine for me but sucks for people who want that blue essence for actual champions. Not a huge deal since it's all free

Edit: wait "or the champ permanent of the same champ", does that mean if you own the champ you only need the tokens?

Quonny

Just make it so you can burn blue essence to unlock higher champion mastery.

Everyone will eventually get it and you don't have to pray to the RNG gods (as much).

That kit sounds weird but has potential. Gotta see how it works first hand before making judgement, but at first glance she kinda sounds like Velkoz 2.0 besides the ult.

Ult roams completely cutting off people sounds hilarious though.

Ok that mastery stuff is dumb as fuck lmao
It sounds pretty simple to me. Get rank 5, get two S- on that champion and combine the tokens with one of three choices

It's kinda sucky that we need to spend Blue Essence and the rewards sound like the same old shit - a BM emote and shitty loading art - but eh, I've come to terms that we're never fucking getting stuff like summoner icons of the champion.

I don't understand all the extra stuff needed for levels 6 and 7. Why not just increase the amount of XP while also requiring a certain amount of wins?

jerd

I don't understand all the extra stuff needed for levels 6 and 7. Why not just increase the amount of XP while also requiring a certain amount of wins?

Idk I kinda like it I got rank 5 on kindred with like a 25% win rate this actually forces you to be successful with the champ every once in a while

It sounds pretty simple to me. Get rank 5, get two S- on that champion and combine the tokens with one of three choices

It's kinda sucky that we need to spend Blue Essence and the rewards sound like the same old shit - a BM emote and shitty loading art - but eh, I've come to terms that we're never fucking getting stuff like summoner icons of the champion.

I want to know the point.

Are we getting champion unique borders and unique emotes? Or just a shiny freaking icon that everyone else will have?

Man. What the hell.

As you rank up, you’ll unlock new mastery badge emotes, new loading screen border flags, and the announcement banner upgrade to indicate your higher skill.
The point is use your leftover garbage from the crafting system to get new versions of shit you already have. Whoopee

The point is use your leftover garbage from the crafting system to get new versions of shit you already have. Whoopee

Not even character icons.

Costy send me a survey. I want character summoner icons dammit.

Edit~

Thinking about it, tying it to the Hextech system is bad. If only because people who can spend money to get the essence/shards will have an easier time of 'maxing out' the champion mastery as soon as they get the champion tokens or w/e.

So now thinking through that facet of the system, it's sitting badly with me.

Not even character icons.

Costy send me a survey. I want character summoner icons dammit.
Nah that would be giving players exactly what they've been asking for ever since this system was announced, too easy. I'm sure Riot can make up space for another stupid thing only your team can see somewhere.

Leezard

I want champion icons too. At least there's a use for blue essence now for people with all champions.
Relic Shield
CHARGE COOLDOWN 60 seconds ⇒ 40 seconds
HEALING PER CHARGE 40 health ⇒ 20 health
Targon's Brace
HEALING PER CHARGE 50 health ⇒ 40 health

Finally. This series of items have been way too good in pushing poke champions out of bot lane.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riot has no idea what they want to do with Sona jesus. Just fully rework her Riot auras will either be OP or underwhelming.

Hm..

Hurls 5 rocks in a direction, dealing 60/80/100/120/140 (+.4 AP) magic damage in a small area around the first enemy hit. Subsequent hits on the same unit deal 50% reduced damage. Creates Worked Ground for X seconds.
Taliyah gains X% movement speed on Worked Ground. Casting Threaded Volley on Worked Ground only hurls 1 rock but refunds half it's mana cost.

1 Rock? Horrible. How big is the area anyways? It does decent damage but the fact that it's a skillshot with a caveat that using it weakens it makes it..eh. Good for moving skirmishes, horrible for holding objectives. And the damage reduction is no joke.

Unraveled Earth (E):
90/95/100/105/110 Mana
16/14/12/10/8 sec Cooldown
Places a field of dash-sensitive traps that deal 80/105/130/155/180 (+.4 AP) magic damage and slow enemies in the area by X%. After 4 seconds, the traps explode, dealing damage again.
Enemies dashing, being pushed, or being pulled though Unravelled Earth will trigger traps, taking X (+X AP) magic damage from each trap (maximum 4).

That's pretty decent. Counters dash champions. Does this include someone like Leblanc, I wonder since it's not technically a dash but a targeted jump? Probably not(Since it has the properties of flash and flash doesn't count as a dash).

Weaver's Wall (R):
100 Mana
160/140/120 sec Cooldown
Cast once to create a wall. Recast immediately to ride ahead of the wall. Moving or recieving damage will cause Taliyah to stop.
Weaver's Wall lasts for 6 seconds. Deactivate this spell to break the wall early.

Holy shit

They somehow managed to make her ultimate the worst ability in the game. It creates a wall sure, but anivia can create walls on a 10 second cooldown. Not only that, it does no damage.

...They managed to make Aurelion Sols flight ability into a worse ult. Holy crap. That is bad and sad. Not only that, there is no player fantasy to be had here. Nothing about that ability would make me say 'Wow that was great, that skill was fun to use.'

It's...it's something. That's for sure. Her kit has no cohesion with itself, no synergy, it's just a mish mash of random abilities.

Like, I've criticized Aurelion Sols kit, but atleast it has cohesion and there is synergy with it. This is just a Frankenstein of abilities that sound cool in concept but really doesn't work as a whole.

Edit-Edit-

Before you take this as a 'Wow Breezy was just waiting to hate something', I was excited for Taliyaj. I love Shurima champion, I love the thematic concept of sand/ground(Whether it's Nasus strengthening himself up with the sands of the desert or malphite launching shards of rocks), Taliyah is just disappointing.

Riot has no idea what they want to do with Sona jesus. Just fully rework her Riot auras will either be OP or underwhelming.

Or just revert her back as she was prior her rework, Riot mistake was trying to make her offensive to be noticeable.....Sona will be like the Ryze of supports

Throwing more RNG into champ skill, sigh.

EDIT: At least it's not all bad.

I just dont get why Riot wants to make masteries so complicated when they just simply add a Call of duty prestige progression system and call it a day, even Heroes of the storm is super simple and grants you Icon milestones, a special skin and free colors

I just dont get why Riot wants to make masteries so complicated when they just simply add a Call of duty prestige progression system and call it a day, even Heroes of the storm is super simple and grants you Icon milestones, a special skin and free colors

I feel theres a few facets of why Riot won't do a HotS style progression-

1.They don't want to be seen as copying Blizzard, which I'm sure is seen as copying League in some ways.

2.The HotS system is actually very gratuitous. Levelling up to 10 gets you profile icons, Chroma-style dyes(Which roll over every skin in the game, not just the base skin or whichever skin Blizzard chooses), In game currency(In LoL terms it would be about a free 1000 IP when you hit mastery level 5.), and a unique skin for that character once you max out the system that can ONLY be purchased with in-game currency.

3.By tying the new mastery levels to the Hextech boxes, this is intention that Riot wants to monetize it to an extent. Therefore having a gratuitous system runs counter to this intention.

4.Riot would probbably see it as alot of work to make it like the HotS system. I'm sure ALOT of players would be grateful to Riot and happy if they introduced a system like HotS. Blizzard has the advantage of implementing this system since the beginning-That is, every future Hero will have this progression system. Riot would have to go back and, and not only retroactively reward people, but they would have to do this for every champion(If they went as far as having different skin palettes and master skins).

I would love a system like this in League. It would encourage me to play every champion because I could get cool stuff. But it's too late for Riot to implement something like this feasibly. So instead they continue adding to the Mastery systems, only bloating it in reality instead of mending the issues they perceive that the system has.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't think the new champion's art style meshes with where riot has been trying to go recently

actually, i have 0 idea where they're trying to go now

kenbo

I'll destroy you with taliyah

Do you even play this game
There's no such thing as targeted jumps it's either a dash or a blink

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How are free seeds useless lol
because they're random and don't make up for the power Zyra lost to get them. '4 plants at level 1' and maybe you'll get to use 1 of them on average. in exchange your plants are weaker and you get nothing extra for any points in w other than crawling back to what she already had by level 18.

because they're random and don't make up for the power Zyra lost to get them. '4 plants at level 1' and maybe you'll get to use 1 of them on average. in exchange your plants are weaker and you get nothing extra for any points in w other than crawling back to what she already had by level 18.
Eh, from what I played on the PBE the plant spawning isn't really random random, the seeds were falling pretty close to each other, sometimes - this at mid - they'd spawn a little behind me or at the river brush - that one made me go "why" - but mostly they stay close enough for your Q to grab a bunch of them - the area Q spawns plants is super big.

IMO the real big nerf is the early plant duration. That one definitely stings a bit if you just get one plant off. Otherwise I don't think this is a nerf until I get to play against other players extensively.

zkylon

zkylewd
talia looks really interesting, really want to get my hands on her and see how the q and the w feel

also the shyv and kindred skins are awesome

faridmon

Yep, those Sona changes are... just confusing. She is all about aura and messing up the radius of hers, will just introduce bunch of headache in terms of balancing. She is already Squashy as it is, so by trying to poke, she will be even more in danger.

Her E is very useful in many TF and chasing/escaping.. Messing with that, is risky because she would be even more ineffective... or just be too effective, which again, will mess up her balancing.

She is very difficult champ to re-work, I say leave her as it is and she will be continue being picked in Low ELO only. You have another 150 champ to worry about.

Jinx rockets are back to their old AS at level 1, and now only scale poorly with AS she gets from items and levels (This is how Caitlyn works). With these changes rockets should be feeling faster ALL THE TIME unless you're buying like 6 phantom dancers. E nerfs are to compensate for the increased lane power this is likely to give her.
What lane power, It's fucking Jinx

This is so stupid, just fucking revert the lame-ass nerf you gave her without taking the AS nerfs into consideration and be done with it, for fuck's sake. This is why I can't deal with playing ADC anymore, Riot's balancing reasoning when it comes to the role is fucking asinine.

Newt

If there's one thing about happy about with these changes is Anivia. She's already one of the easiest champs in the game, no matter what people will try to convince you, and she deserves nerfs.

If there's one thing about happy about with these changes is Anivia. She's already one of the easiest champs in the game, no matter what people will try to convince you, and she deserves nerfs.

"Easiest"

Worst movement speed
Worst pre-6 laning phase
worst movement speed

No, easy is Annie or Ahri.

Top Bottom