• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm not gonna lie, you sound like an absolute nightmare teammate and I'm glad I've never come across you in my gold ranked games

I bet you're that guy that types "GG" in all chat if the enemy gets first blood then spams laugh while AFKing in fountain when it's 11-5 20 minutes in

Cool your jets and think, dude. You obviously didn't come here for advice, you wanted a pat on the back and a "damn sorry you couldn't carry silver shitters."

My other posts say otherwise. Also, no I do not type "GG" in all chat after enemy gets first blood. Don't make assumptions. Your two posts, the previous and this one, have been unhelpful. Glad we have a great contribute to the thread that's helping to create a community of better players!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I mean didn't you just tell like 3 people to fuck off

But oh well, go watch MSI y'all, someone's playing Aurelion Sol and isn't feeding. It's a Christmas miracle

If this makes the current, very volatile situation any better, you can try giving Nasus a play. He's both a tank and someone whom will enable you to obsess about your CS and wave control. He also is someone who plays very passive until you can destroy. He's ALSO someone who will allow you to learn very easily the lengths of your abilities. I don't know, just my one cent, lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I mean didn't you just tell like 3 people to fuck off

But oh well, go watch MSI y'all, someone's playing Aurelion Sol and isn't feeding. It's a Christmas miracle

I gave my reasons why. Go read. Unless you're blind like Ferga.

Maybe we should all calm down and move away from that discussion. Maybe take it to PMs?

I think that's a great idea. However, judging from some of the posts I've seen from a few posters, I think it's clear that some people just make assumptions and don't contribute positively to actually bettering the skill of the player. And if they are then they are just bad at relaying that information in a way that's good.

"Go Learn to carry" Lol. yeah, this is advice and method but it's extremely surface level. How the hell is anyone going to take this advice and actually APPLY it to their play. Practical advice requires milestones and actual objectives to meet so you can meet the result "carrying." If people can't actually convey that information and if people on the board won't contribute in a meaningful way then they have every right be called out.

If this makes the current, very volatile situation any better, you can try giving Nasus a play. He's both a tank and someone whom will enable you to obsess about your CS and wave control. He also is someone who plays very passive until you can destroy. He's ALSO someone who will allow you to learn very easily the lengths of your abilities. I don't know, just my one cent, lol.

I'll try Nasus. I can play him alright and I think I can get good with him. I just don't play him since he's unfun but at this point I have to make a compromise, right? If I want to play fun champions then I need to accept that I'll lose way more games than playing champions that are going to be more reliable in securing wins... Welp... T_T

She looks really good. That ultimate is definitely ultimate-worthy, despite no damage. Unless her numbers suck I'm expecting her to see a lot of play.

I watched a couple videos and her Q has really good damage numbers already, it's just that it's a common thing I'm hearing from streamers/youtubers that her W/E combo is sort of hard to pull off in the laning phase. I guess I have to update my pbe to see for myself. All the possible uses of her ult is exciting to me.

In general if you play LoL or by extension any moba, you must be a masochist on the inside.

Hard

Banned
She looks really good. That ultimate is definitely ultimate-worthy, despite no damage. Unless her numbers suck I'm expecting her to see a lot of play.

Ikr. Maybe she can even get some competitive play. Her lack of escapes and the worked ground effect on her Q make her strictly a mid-laner, but I think she would be a good counter-pick against heavy mobility comps. Does anyone play Yasuo in competitive anymore? She's like one of the hardest Yasuo counters. I think she could also beat Fizz pretty easily if played well. Dunno how the interaction with Fizz's Playful/Trickster works.

Blind picking her is risky, she gets trashed by speedy AP burst like LB, or AD's with blinks like Zed / Talon. Situational in competitive at best, though she'll prob see a lot of SoloQ play since she's so damn fun.

Calvero

Banned
I watched a couple videos and her Q has really good damage numbers already, it's just that it's a common thing I'm hearing from streamers/youtubers that her W/E combo is sort of hard to pull off in the laning phase. I guess I have to update my pbe to see for myself. All the possible uses of her ult is exciting to me.

In general if you play LoL or by extension any moba, you must be a masochist on the inside.

Her combo isn't hard to pull off if you build Rylai's. Q for the slow, W them towards you and E point blank.

Leezard

I think generally the more you hate this game the better of an ADC player you are.
That's Sith line of thought. Reach enlightenment and rise above hate for true elo.

Ikr. Maybe she can even get some competitive play. Her lack of escapes and the worked ground effect on her Q make her strictly a mid-laner, but I think she would be a good counter-pick against heavy mobility comps. Does anyone play Yasuo in competitive anymore? She's like one of the hardest Yasuo counters. I think she could also beat Fizz pretty easily if played well. Dunno how the interaction with Fizz's Playful/Trickster works.

Blind picking her is risky, she gets trashed by speedy AP burst like LB, or AD's with blinks like Zed / Talon. Situational in competitive at best, though she'll prob see a lot of SoloQ play since she's so damn fun.

I don't know about lane matchups, that might do a lot. Her ultimate is amazing for rotations and taking objectives. Unless she has a ton of bad matchups and too hard laning I'm expecting her to get picked due to the ultimate and its possibilities. She's a nice zone control mage.

Ferga

I tell the guy to read the minimap and get told to fuck off.

Feels like solo queue.

How's the MSI so far out of 10? Might get into it this weekend if they're good games.

It's...it's something. That's for sure. Her kit has no cohesion with itself, no synergy, it's just a mish mash of random abilities.

Like, I've criticized Aurelion Sols kit, but atleast it has cohesion and there is synergy with it. This is just a Frankenstein of abilities that sound cool in concept but really doesn't work as a whole.

Edit-Edit-

Before you take this as a 'Wow Breezy was just waiting to hate something', I was excited for Taliyaj. I love Shurima champion, I love the thematic concept of sand/ground(Whether it's Nasus strengthening himself up with the sands of the desert or malphite launching shards of rocks), Taliyah is just disappointing.

Her kit has plenty synergy. Your knock back from W will instantly detonate your traps if you cause an enemy to fly over them, and the CC makes it easier to land multiple shots of Q. Her passive lets her move quickly along her ult wall if you decide not to ride it. Her W can fling enemies over walls, an obvious synergy with her ult (chuck a tank over your wall, keeping them out of the fight).

You just lack imagination. You said the same thing about Bard when he was revealed, ignoring the way his E (if used by enemies) and R and can set up Q stuns.

Leezard

I tell the guy to read the minimap and get told to fuck off.

Feels like solo queue.

How's the MSI so far out of 10? Might get into it this weekend if they're good games.

So far we've only seen a CLG vs RNG match, so we can't decide if there are good games yet. It's an even game, but not high quality.

Her kit has plenty synergy. Your knock back from W will instantly detonate your traps if you cause an enemy to fly over them, and the CC makes it easier to land multiple shots of Q. Her passive lets her move quickly along her ult wall if you decide not to ride it. Her W can fling enemies over walls, an obvious synergy with her ult (chuck a tank over your wall, keeping them out of the fight).

You just lack imagination. You said the same thing about Bard when he was revealed, ignoring the way his E (if used by enemies) and R and can set up Q stuns.

The only thing I disliked about Bard was his whole roaming aspect.

And in practice, her skills do have synergy, if you're good enough to land them. Kinda like Azir but with a worse ult.. Still think her ult is one of the worst things about her kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm deep into "i wish league had this overwatch feature" land

i really like how there's no kda in overwatch, there's zero information given about who to blame in your team and that's kind of awesome

it's still pretty obvious when someone's a huge idiot cos they picked reaper and we already have two freaking reapers you edgelord motherfuckers but u know, i appreciate making the game about the team and not the players

there's also this "play of the game" feature that records the best multikill or whatever and plays it out at the end. sometimes the play is really bad but more often than not it's a great play and it's a really cool feeling to be the one that got it. and the game actually tracks all kinds of stats and tells you after the game how well you've done compared to your average which is something league could really easily implement if riot willed it (and the probably want to, just not right now).

anyways here's lux in a wedding dress

vs8G4qz.png

toots!

That was a beast game.

Anyway, in other news ... I got Death Blossom K-6 in and final boss in some boxes with left over RP from buying junkyard Trundle.

You know what that means?
I'mma start learning me some K-6 top and Veigar mid. (And AP Sona mid if I like her changes. I love that DJ skin so I refuse to dust that shard but I refuse to play bot lane again. Plus I feel like the new item changes might work really well on her)

Also, I think it's important to look at what you need to improve. For example, I know I need to learn how to roam and manage waves better (when against ranged champs at least). Right now I just push to tower as hard as I can and ping mia when they're gone. I don't leave lane until that towers gone and that appears to keep my team behind until I knock it down and group.

Leezard

That was a beast game.

Anyway, in other news ... I got Death Blossom K-6 in and final boss in some boxes with left over RP from buying junkyard Trundle.

You know what that means?
I'mma start learning me some K-6 top and Veigar mid. (And AP Sona mid if I like her changes. I love that DJ skin so I refuse to dust that shard but I refuse to play bot lane again. Plus I feel like the new item changes might work really well on her)

Veigar might get strong with his changes.

Ferga

The only thing I disliked about Bard was his whole roaming aspect.

And in practice, her skills do have synergy, if you're good enough to land them. Kinda like Azir but with a worse ult.. Still think her ult is one of the worst things about her kit.

I love how a good bard will be recognised a lot more by mid laners and junglers more than an adc.

ADCs get fucked so hard by bard picks.

jerd

Yeah, I hear that ... but I just hate him. From playing against him mid so often as Diana I just fucking HATE him. >:/

I played him for the first time a couple of days ago and had a blast. There's something almost cathartic about safely farming and then just one shooting someone with a single ability.

Are XP boosts worth it?

All I care about tomorrow is

Raven is Coming

I have been saving up IP for CDR runes so that I can play Riven and Wukong and I got like over 5K now ... but I WANT this new champ ASAP and I know that's 8K on release :/

Maybe I can get enough IP by then after blowing it CDR runes but IDK.

Hearing that it's gonna be harder to play my tanky champs is sad but I think it opens up room for my non-tanky tops that I wanna try like Yi and k-6 and Riven. Plus I think Trundle will still be cool so there's that.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh man noot you're gonna have to give me the summary of this drama

i can't read this thread and berserk and the same time!

I was hoping for some additional sparkly sounds with Kindred autos.

Kind of sad.

it's 975 so it's not getting anything excessively fancy

i think it looks great for 975, it looks great in general

Newt

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the removal of enchantments would be really nice for competitive, because of distortion

this patch looks to be pretty great if new guinsoo isn't totally broken

Leezard

i think the removal of enchantments would be really nice for competitive, because of distortion

this patch looks to be pretty great if new guinsoo isn't totally broken

New guinsoo is probably gonna be broken on Kayle.

She really needs a new kit and/or nerfs. She's just so good at exploiting broken items, and at the same time she's one of the easiest champions in the game to play. Only stuff like warwick is easier.

Top Bottom