• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

but that's kind of why yordles are kind of all over the place, some are blue, some purple, some look more human, some look like rats, etc.
They're not though. All male yordles look like hamsters and all female yordles look like little trolls with furry ears. Riot basically took Ziggs and Lulu as templates and started normalizing old champions starting with Heimer.

Seeing as how I just saw Taliyah's ult in use, even though it's like Sol's E, it has additional use in that you can actually cut off your enemies path with an actual physical wall. I like that idea but that's just me. Dude ulted and cut off their jungle path and thus couldn't run to base while the side path to their tower was cut off by his allies. Fun stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
Holy shit

They somehow managed to make her ultimate the worst ability in the game. It creates a wall sure, but anivia can create walls on a 10 second cooldown. Not only that, it does no damage.

...They managed to make Aurelion Sols flight ability into a worse ult. Holy crap. That is bad and sad. Not only that, there is no player fantasy to be had here. Nothing about that ability would make me say 'Wow that was great, that skill was fun to use.'
I didn't get this reading the descriptions and watching the videos. I agree that the weakening rock blast seems iffy, but the ultimate has some good utility.

1. The wall is much different from Anivia's because it's longrange and shoots straight from Taliyah.
  2. The flight is different from Sol because it's fast and doesn't go through walls (I think?).
  3. The ultimate allows you to very quickly travel from one lane to another. In particular, you could go from mid to top, blocking the top laner's retreat path with your wall, jumping off early to engage. It's a neat combination of mobility, area control, and enemy separation -- if you wall a tank away from their team, you could split a teamfight.

I do like the knockup / directional knock ability. I think the synergy is there too because you can knock enemies into the rocks, or use the rocks as area control. If you ult behind an enemy, you could area control the wall area if they try to jump back.

Seeing as how I just saw Taliyah's ult in use, even though it's like Sol's E, it has additional use in that you can actually cut off your enemies path with an actual physical wall. I like that idea but that's just me. Dude ulted and cut off their jungle path and thus couldn't run to base while the side path to their tower was cut off by his allies. Fun stuff.
Just play anivia then and get to do it on a shorter cooldown

zkylon

zkylewd
They're not though. All male yordles look like hamsters and all female yordles look like little trolls with furry ears. Riot basically took Ziggs and Lulu as templates and started normalizing old champions starting with Heimer.
all i'm saying is

lulu is the best, poppy is also the best

whatever had to be done was worth it

jerd

I wonder if Taliyah will become the mid laner in the troll your teammates comp. Wall them off of kills from 6000 range

I didn't get this reading the descriptions and watching the videos. I agree that the weakening rock blast seems iffy, but the ultimate has some good utility.

1. The wall is much different from Anivia's because it's longrange and shoots straight from Taliyah.
  2. The flight is different from Sol because it's fast and doesn't go through walls (I think?).
  3. The ultimate allows you to very quickly travel from one lane to another. In particular, you could go from mid to top, blocking the top laner's retreat path with your wall, jumping off early to engage. It's a neat combination of mobility, area control, and enemy separation -- if you wall a tank away from their team, you could split a teamfight.

I do like the knockup / directional knock ability. I think the synergy is there too because you can knock enemies into the rocks, or use the rocks as area control. If you ult behind an enemy, you could area control the wall area if they try to jump back.

The wall does go through...other walls.

And on a 3 minute cooldown at level 6(2 minutes at 16), and seeing as how the stronger mid champions are those with dashes, not to mention flash, her ultimate being a long wall isn't all that great. In a teamfight, who cares how long that wall is.

Yes, there is a possibility that there will be clutch walls that separate the enemy team, but it's just not a great ultimate. It's a glorified Anivia wall. Which is also instantaneous compared to the travel time of her wall.

It's not a great ult. Not a great skill in a kit with already weak synergy.

Blizzard

Banned
Just play anivia then and get to do it on a shorter cooldown
Anivia can't wall that much space until later levels, Anivia can't do the same wall angle as far as I know, and Anivia sure can't get to the lane as quickly.

If cooldowns are questionable in PBE, that's what PBE is for, and Riot has time to boost them.

It's probably better that she start weak than release very strong at max price.

Love new champ design and art. Q is cool. W is cool. E looks cheap--and I mean cheap in that it looks poorly animated or something. It just looks off. Like the way all the rocks look in the ground before they explode is like something from RPG Maker 95. The ult I'm not one way or other on.

How can you not like this though? Really dig her look.

zkylon

zkylewd
this is a huge anivia wall on top of a really fast global dash

i like it cos both uses are really different and you'll be generally doing just one but they can also mix together and you can block them off from following you or block them into your team

i'm guessing she'll be building roa or something, a bit tankier than standard mages

yeah, that looks pretty different from the aram stuff i tried on pbe

personally i think it's a bit much and i'd prefer something more subtle but can't deny it looks dope as fuck

The splash covering the whole client is such a meaningless thing yet I love it so much

yeah, it's great

Ferga

Yeah...

The last 2 champion ults seem really lame...

Don't get me wrong though. I can see how her ult can be used in team fights well and all but man.... it just doesn't feel or look like an ult.

I feel like the crater making+rock throwing skill is an ult worthy skill. It has so much OOMPH in it. Don't know why they didn't make that skill an ult. Just slap on some more damage on it and have the crater thing feel like a trundle W while it's still up. Maybe activate her passive while inside the crater. Would have been awesome.

Surfing around and making a wall is just underwhelming to me.

Yeah...

The last 2 champion ults seem really lame...

Don't get me wrong though. I can see how her ult can be used in team fights well and all but man.... it just doesn't feel or look like an ult.

I feel like the crater making+rock throwing skill is an ult worthy skill. It has so much OOMPH in it. Don't know why they didn't make that skill an ult. Just slap on some more damage on it and have the crater thing feel like a trundle W while it's still up. Maybe activate her passive while inside the crater. Would have been awesome.

Surfing around and making a wall is just underwhelming to me.

And there is no synergy in her kit.

I'll concede that despite Aurelions underwhelming kit, atleast there's synergy. Atleast it makes sense. 'Ok Sol pukes out galaxies and shit and that stuns people.' It makes sense and works together.

I used to really dislike Sol's ult--mostly in terms of its graphics. Boring as shit, especially for a STAR DRAGON. But I have grown to love Sol, even more than my prized Vel'Koz. He is an absolute monster, and of my last 14 ranked games played as Sol, I've won 11 of them.

jerd

I used to really dislike Sol's ult--mostly in terms of its graphics. Boring as shit, especially for a STAR DRAGON. But I have grown to love Sol, even more than my prized Vel'Koz. He is an absolute monster, and of my last 14 ranked games played as Sol, I've won 11 of them.

Yeah probably one of the more underplayed champs in the game rn

I would say he's the most but nobody plays some of the strongest junglers bc they boring af

clemenx

Banned
There's nothing underwhelming about Aurelion Sol.

That people don't like his gameplay is a different thing. People are always going to prefer champions where you can pull off flashy plays and feel like Faker.

It is pretty weird and kind of a middle finger to a lot of people that they gave a kit that wasn't going to be popular to the super hyped Dragon champion. But I personally love him.

Hard

Banned
I should start trying out different champs and stuff on PBE before I take it to live tbh. IP feels more and more at a dearth nowadays

Why they don't just have her immediately ride the wall on cast? Double R seems weird especially since you can decide when you want to get off the wall.

Why they don't just have her immediately ride the wall on cast? Double R seems weird especially since you can decide when you want to get off the wall.

You know what would be hilarious

If at any point a Taliyah does this clutch play of cutting the enemy team in half

But she lands on the wrong side with all the stronger enemies, cut off from her team.

That would be hilarious.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's so weird that they made it like "the big 6" mages and the minor changes when someone like velkoz didn't change at all and swain q is really different and viktor got a ton of changes and whatnot

i feel like velkoz should be demoted lol

because you might just want to block off somewhere without following up

Ferga

That people don't like his gameplay is a different thing. People are always going to prefer champions where you can pull off flashy plays and feel like Faker.

Noone said that though.

A large portion of the community have the same opinion about the ult. It doesn't feel like an ult skill. Feels like something you would spam on Q or use as utility on E. It's a line skill shot burst that knock backs. Nothing about that is remotely ult worthy when you compare it to other league champ.

I have the same feeling towards the new champ.

clemenx

Banned
The ult is self peel and a huge enabler for his W which is the his most important skill by far.

There's other champs where the ultimate is not the most important part of the kit. He's hardly the first to do that particular thing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So Annie's Tibber changes sound alright in theory but I do wonder if the overall damage reduction is going to change the situation where its still a cheaper AoE stun. Definitely something I'll need to test.

The ult is self peel and a huge enabler for his W which is the his most important skill by far.

There's other champs where the ultimate is not the most important part of the kit. He's hardly the first to do that particular thing.

But the thing is it doesn't feel like an ultimate.

Like, Singed. Used on himself, increases regen and speed. That's it. But it feels great to use. It synergizes with his other skills. It's fun to use, even.

Heimerdinger. Again, used on himself, increases the power of another skill. A boring ultimate for sure, but because of that synergy, because of how it operates, it's a great skill and thematically fitting.

It's not about making the ultimate the most important part of the kit. Alot of times some of the best ultimates aren't the ones that are the most important, but the ones that feel good to use. Singed's ult feels good to use. Heimers ult feels good to use.

Likewise, someone like Amumu, one of their most important skills is their ult. But the difference between him and Sol's ult is that Amumus feels good and fits with the character.

That's the issue that I personally have with Sol's ult, and to an extent Taliyahs ult from the videos I've seen. They just don't look great. Sol's doesn't feel great, and I'm sure that when Tali comes out, it won't feel great either.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Another ranked loss. That makes 9 in a row. If it isn't being matched up with people outside of my league or shitty silvers that don't group and think they're splitpush bosses, I lose all game. Even when I win lane I can't fucking win. I'm so sick of this shit.

Quonny

Another ranked loss. That makes 9 in a row. If it isn't being matched up with people outside of my league or shitty silvers that don't group and think they're splitpush bosses, I lose all game. Even when I win lane I can't fucking win. I'm so sick of this shit.

I didn't want to post this the last time you posted this complaint, but I looked through your match history and really, your matchups aren't that insane. You mentioned plats, there are no plats. There was one game with an unranked, but he went even and did the most damage on the team. The lowest anyone is is Silver 3, and lets be real, the difference in Gold 5 and Silver 2 is minimal.

I dunno. Complain about dynamic queue and the premades if you want (which might be in your games, I dunno, not digging that far), but your matches really aren't unfair from an ELO/MMR viewpoint.

sleepykyo

As great as AS's ult is, visually the blast looks on par with Taric's stun or Xerath's q. I guess that is pretty impressive his sneeze hits as hard as it does, but it still looks like a sneeze.

kayos90

I didn't want to post this the last time you posted this complaint, but I looked through your match history and really, your matchups aren't that insane. You mentioned plats, there are no plats. There was one game with an unranked, but he went even and did the most damage on the team. The lowest anyone is is Silver 3, and lets be real, the difference in Gold 5 and Silver 2 is minimal.

I dunno. Complain about dynamic queue and the premades if you want (which might be in your games, I dunno, not digging that far), but your matches really aren't unfair from an ELO/MMR viewpoint.

I might've seen previous season plats then.

Blizzard

Banned
it's so weird that they made it like "the big 6" mages and the minor changes when someone like velkoz didn't change at all and swain q is really different and viktor got a ton of changes and whatnot

i feel like velkoz should be demoted lol
What do you mean, Vel'Koz didn't change at all?

• His passive now has an AP ratio
  • His Q now refunds some mana for unit kills
  • His W had ratio nerfs
  • His E had a ratio nerf
  • His R does true damage on combo'd enemies and has a bigger AP ratio.

jerd

The best part about AS is he is hard to play but not because his abilities all have 30 mechanics. It makes his kit feel old in a good way. His absolute number 1 problem tho imo is that you can't instapop his Q. He'd be so smooth if you could but as is it just feels clunky

kayos90

10 losses. Amazing.

EDIT: I literally don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm grouping. It's not like I"m losing lane every single game. I'm winning lane and I'm still losing because of grouping or teamfight sitautions. I literally don't know what the fuck to do. These 10 losses in a row are extremely demoralizing. It's not like I suddnely got shitty. I've had like 8 game win streaks before but before this loss streak I had 8 ranked losses in a row basically. Like... am I just getting unlucky that many times in a row getting paired with silver fucktards?

Top Bottom