• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
So sorry to hear about your loss streak man, sometimes all it takes is a change in mentality. It happens, just gotta play through it.

In other news...

xGz6eQe.png

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

FINALLY escaped elo hell and this is all it took:

I can die in peace now, though the call of Gold beckons

10 losses. Amazing.

EDIT: I literally don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm grouping. It's not like I"m losing lane every single game. I'm winning lane and I'm still losing because of grouping or teamfight sitautions. I literally don't know what the fuck to do. These 10 losses in a row are extremely demoralizing. It's not like I suddnely got shitty. I've had like 8 game win streaks before but before this loss streak I had 8 ranked losses in a row basically. Like... am I just getting unlucky that many times in a row getting paired with silver fucktards?

That's how I felt yesterday. That's why I try not to bother with ranked really, my buds all ranked up to Gold 5 but I didn't bother cause unless I'm playing with them, I'd win lane but when the time comes for mid/late game, there's only so much I could do. Not to say I haven't fed before or whatever but even then I try to farm up and make myself useful to the team. Focusing on CS really helped a lot lately. Yesterday, I won the first, felt good, but proceeded to lose the next 3 then I just stopped and went to sleep cause what's the point if you're tilted.

I would love to get to Gold like my two team mates but that's a lot of willpower I have to muster to deal with randoms when they're not on. I even tried to go the sykuno path and be as co-operative as possible, it's nice. I suppose I'll chill in S5 for a while.

Side Note: Is Quinn mid that rare to people tried to ridicule me for it? Which I subsequently shut them up with my performance after. Poppy also feels strong.

@Hard : Good job dude, that's a lot of renekton but I respectfully rebuke you in the name of Jesus for using Renekton >.< as someone who plays a lot of Nasus and Top lane in general.

Calvero

Banned
I am in love with the Taliyah's visual design. Like, holy shit. This might be my favorite champion ever. And she's a lot of fun to play, the combo potential is there for when you chase. If you have Rylai's and they're running away, you can Q at them and when they're getting slowed you W and direct them back toward you and then E them point blank. It's enough for squishies. Her Ult is interesting, but I don't know how I feel about it. I didn't find many inventive uses for it. Gotta get more games in her and see what the ult could do in different situations. I did use it once, when the enemy squished overextended. i just ulted and cut them off from their team, they either burn their flash (and you just r again to take down the wall) or they die. I LOVE THIS CHAMP.

11 losses. Wow.

stahp playing lol you're tilting yourself. just cool off with an ARAM or AI game for a bit and go back. Or surf the web.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
11 losses. Wow.

Okay. Fuck this. I'm not playing ranked anymore. I'm already in gold. There's no elo decay. I'm just going to collect my reward and wait until next season. I'm dumb playing with people that literally weigh my average play down. I'm not a pro that I can carry bad players. I simply can't. I'm average and I can only do enough to contribute for my role. If people are going to be fucking morons then fuck that shit. I'm done.

kayos90

This is the 11th loss. Like... I literally don't know what the fuck to do in these types of games. I have so many of these like. What the fuck. I can split push but I can only ward so much so i can push and my teammates are complete morons so I can't rely on them for a proper splitpush like... what the fuck.

JDuCAgv.png

Sometimes you need to take a break

In other news, I beat Annie as Malphite. Still got that matchup in me.

yeah once i usually lose 3 in a row i take a break from ranked and play some other games or just normals and play different roles.

It's not all from a single session. It's over the course of a week. It's obnoxious.

zkylon

zkylewd
What do you mean, Vel'Koz didn't change at all?

• His passive now has an AP ratio
  • His Q now refunds some mana for unit kills
  • His W had ratio nerfs
  • His E had a ratio nerf
  • His R does true damage on combo'd enemies and has a bigger AP ratio.
he's the same champion, veigar had just as many changes if ur gonna bulletpoint them

Hard

Banned
This is the 11th loss. Like... I literally don't know what the fuck to do in these types of games. I have so many of these like. What the fuck. I can split push but I can only ward so much so i can push and my teammates are complete morons so I can't rely on them for a proper splitpush like... what the fuck.

It's not all from a single session. It's over the course of a week. It's obnoxious.

The only thing I don't like about Kayle top is that it leaves your team without a front-line. I wouldn't take it top unless you had a tank Support or Jungler, especially going against all the burst & CC on the enemy comp.

You'll probably rage a lot more in Silver tbh. Godspeed.

True, it's gonna be harder to put my carry pants on and steamroll games.

I might actually have to

Trust my teammates *shivers*

and

Take Teleport *gags*

Blizzard

Banned
11 losses. Wow.

Okay. Fuck this. I'm not playing ranked anymore. I'm already in gold. There's no elo decay. I'm just going to collect my reward and wait until next season. I'm dumb playing with people that literally weigh my average play down. I'm not a pro that I can carry bad players. I simply can't. I'm average and I can only do enough to contribute for my role. If people are going to be fucking morons then fuck that shit. I'm done.
It's very unlikely that your teammates are the whole problem for 11 straight games. It's much more likely that you're getting frustrated and focusing on the problems teammates make instead of what you could yourself improve.

In general, any time one has the urge to blame teammates for a general trend, it's a good idea to step back and think, "What concrete improvements could I make personally?".

kayos90

It's very unlikely that your teammates are the whole problem for 11 straight games. It's much more likely that you're getting frustrated and focusing on the problems teammates make instead of what you could yourself improve.

In general, any time one has the urge to blame teammates for a general trend, it's a good idea to step back and think, "What concrete improvements could I make personally?".

Yo. I'm not sure if you don't read but look at last page's post. I'm already aware that it's not simply the other person. I'm complaining because I'm not aware of what I'm doing in these games that's causing the losses. Don't point out the fucking obvious. It doesn't help. Unless you have concrete advice then don't make these obvious recommendations.

10 losses. Amazing.

EDIT: I literally don't get what I'm doing wrong. I'm grouping. It's not like I"m losing lane every single game. I'm winning lane and I'm still losing because of grouping or teamfight sitautions. I literally don't know what the fuck to do. These 10 losses in a row are extremely demoralizing. It's not like I suddnely got shitty. I've had like 8 game win streaks before but before this loss streak I had 8 ranked losses in a row basically. Like... am I just getting unlucky that many times in a row getting paired with silver fucktards?

Ferga

If you can't make risks to solo carry, don't expect to climb or get better at the game. You're looking to get carried and you're not improving shit all since you're not learning from mistakes.

That's my mentality. Always look to carry and realise when I'm being carried so I can slow my own game down to play catch up.

My tilt phases are just me trying to farm as best I can under turret without making trades. I let the enemy walk all over me instead of trying to win the lane by myself. This ends up with me getting poked out or dived because I'm not trading at the right moments. I'm just relying on randoms to get out of laning phase evenly or ahead so we can win fights. That isn't how the ranked works.

I think my mentality is 70% of why I have the ability to get into diamond.

The other 30% is just pure Korean skills and mechanics.

tl;dr You either carry or you suck

Your cs is pretty low btw. Might want to look into that. Doesn't look like you're winning lane at all with those numbers.

pigeon

Banned
Yo. I'm not sure if you don't read but look at last page's post. I'm already aware that it's not simply the other person. I'm complaining because I'm not aware of what I'm doing in these games that's causing the losses. Don't point out the fucking obvious. It doesn't help. Unless you have concrete advice then don't make these obvious recommendations.

Do you have any replays or anything?

If you are winning lane and losing game then the theoretical answer should be that you're getting outplayed on the map, so the questions to start with are, what do you look at when you're deciding where to go next on the map? What's your ward control like? How much roaming do you do? Where do you look to make an impact at 15 min? At 25 min? Etc.

Luigi87

Finally made it into Silver 3... Way more of a struggle for me this year than last year was.

Hopefully keep climbing from here.

Of course who knows what tomorrow's changes shall bring...

Hard

Banned

Some stuff I learned during my climb:

1. Watch some replays. If you can't figure out what you're doing wrong, watch some replays in the games you lose, and identify where you made mistakes, and what you could have done better.

2. Watch high elo players or streamers: I learned nearly everything I know about Renekton from SoloRenektonOnly. I watched his videos and read his guides about how to play various matchups, which matchups were easy and hard to win, and what to do no matter the outcome of the lane. Watching someone better than me really helped me improve my own play, and the little tips he gives went a long way. I even watch other high elo Renekton players like Romanium and Godrekton, who have their own styles. Whatever helps me climb.

3. I love this one. Talk to yourself. In your next game, narrate each notable action you take, and explain your reasoning behind why you did it. Talk about what you could do next and whether it's the best thing to do right then. Here's a good example from SRO. If I die and don't have a clear explanation of why I was in that situation, I know I messed up somewhere.

EDIT: Ferga is right in that you should be looking to carry every game. Relying on teammates to do well during lane phase is just setting yourself up for failure. At least if you try and make an aggressive play and fail, you learn a bit more about the limits of your champ and your own skill.

@Hard : Good job dude, that's a lot of renekton but I respectfully rebuke you in the name of Jesus for using Renekton >.< as someone who plays a lot of Nasus and Top lane in general.

Thanks, tbh I ban Nasus since he tilts me so hard. It frustrates me that no matter how hard I dump on him in lane, the moment he completes Frozen Heart, I won't be able to fight him. He just out-scales so damn hard, and I only have one chance to kill him, before his completes his first item.

I don't know how to feel about new Viktor. Can't tell if it's a buff or a nerf. All I know is that Rylais is a must, and you DO NOT want to get caught in his W now. His ulti does 350 damage per tick at max rank. Woo lawd.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You can blame teammates all you want (and sometimes, it really isn't your fault)

But when you're losing 11 games in a row....yeah

kayos90

If you can't make risks to solo carry, don't expect to climb or get better at the game. You're looking to get carried and you're not improving shit all since you're not learning from mistakes.

That's my mentality. Always look to carry and realise when I'm being carried so I can slow my own game down to play catch up.

My tilt phases are just me trying to farm as best I can under turret without making trades. I let the enemy walk all over me instead of trying to win the lane by myself. This ends up with me getting poked out or dived because I'm not trading at the right moments. I'm just relying on randoms to get out of laning phase evenly or ahead so we can win fights. That isn't how the ranked works.

I think my mentality is 70% of why I have the ability to get into diamond.

The other 30% is just pure Korean skills and mechanics.

I'm winning relatively to the opposing person. And don't make accusations about me saying I"m looking to be carried. I'm not. I do my part to contribute to the roll. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I don't. Somtimes it's because I carry. Somtimes it's because another person. Somtimes because the team is just good. Don't make that kind of asinine accusation cuz it just comes off as douchey. That being said, I already made the point that I'm not pro enough to carry every game. However, when I climbed from Silver IV to Gold V without losing like I have in the past week or so, it makes me wonder. I always look to carry. Whether that's a success or not varies on game to game. I play top and ADC. Of course my role is primary to carry since that's where the meta currently is.

tl;dr You either carry or you suck

Lol? You can go right fuck off.

Do you have any replays or anything?

If you are winning lane and losing game then the theoretical answer should be that you're getting outplayed on the map, so the questions to start with are, what do you look at when you're deciding where to go next on the map? What's your ward control like? How much roaming do you do? Where do you look to make an impact at 15 min? At 25 min? Etc.

I haven't watched replays but I'll take a look at that. Problem is, I'm out of my scope at the moment. I think I've reached my cap on what I understand about the game so I'm not able to pinpoint what I'm doing wrong even if it was there. It's a situation of, I can't know what I don't know. Maybe I just need to sit down and have Newt point out what I"m doing wrong or something. Idk. Appreciate the feedback though. I'll keep in mind on what i'm deciding to do on the map. I think if I'm more conscious of that things might shape up. Thanks mate.

EDIT: Ferga is right in that you should be looking to carry every game. Relying on teammates to do well during lane phase is just setting yourself up for failure. At least if you try and make an aggressive play and fail, you learn a bit more about the limits of your champ and your own skill.

Perhaps my posts gave off the impression that I'm relying on others. That's not what i'm saying. I'm hardly relying on others. However, I'm saying that even if I do well, I don't do so well to the point that I am amble to carry people that are detriments. In those situations, I'm asking what I'm supposed to do. Where can I improve so I'm not running into those situations.

You can blame teammates all you want (and sometimes, it really isn't your fault)

But when you're losing 11 games in a row....yeah

Hey. I'm going to say to you the same thing I said to Summons. NO FUCKING SHIT.

Hrm.

Looking at your team comps, they tend to be squishy. You should also probably stop playing cait. You want to get higher in rank? Learn a tank. From the looks of it, you prefer squishy characters but a tank is pretty clutch for rising in ranks. Tanks are strong. Tanks initiate. People will gather around a tank. The teams you've been on for the past 10 games as far as I can see, have been squishy as fuck.

Learn Malphite, or Nasus, or Sion, even Singed would be a good start? I suppose? Either way get tanky. Tanks can win games if you initiate, even if you're behind they can turn the tide if they have a powerful toolset. Nasus shuts down any ADC, Malphite can just charge in and shut down their whole team, Sion has alot of CC as well as a strong ult.

There's even Mundo who at your ranked level can do extremely well and carry if built properly. Look up Mundo builds, I don't fucking know. I do know Mundo is strong and annoying with his Q, and once he gets tanky, one of the better initiators and peelers.

But seriously, if I were to authoritatively say 'You lost because of X' reason, that reason would be that your games have had a lack of tanks. You do have one game where you have Darius but he sucks as a tank. So that's the one reason you've lost alot because of a lack of tanks. Tanks initiate, they peel, they can deal heavy damage to squishies, and they're important to a game.

Especially in Silver, people are going to be afraid to initiate. They're going to be afraid to fight, and when they get initiated upon, they tend to scatter and run away. If you can be the one initiating, people will swarm for a kill. It's silver, not diamond.

Pick up a pure tank. Learn to love them. Malphite is a fun APish beast, Nasus is an end game terror, Mundo is Mundo.

~~~
on a side note, salty as fuck xin, who lost his series. He "Beat" me in lane(He did), but then goes on and dies 10 times and then says I was bad...which I laned bad, but I performed much better in the real mid-late game.(someone banned malphite, i wanted nasus, I panic picked zed cause I saw him highlighted on our team, the guy didnt' have Nasus, I was like fuuuuuck)-

kayos90

Hrm.

Looking at your team comps, they tend to be squishy. You should also probably stop playing cait. You want to get higher in rank? Learn a tank. From the looks of it, you prefer squishy characters but a tank is pretty clutch for rising in ranks. Tanks are strong. Tanks initiate. People will gather around a tank. The teams you've been on for the past 10 games as far as I can see, have been squishy as fuck.

Learn Malphite, or Nasus, or Sion, even Singed would be a good start? I suppose? Either way get tanky. Tanks can win games if you initiate, even if you're behind they can turn the tide if they have a powerful toolset. Nasus shuts down any ADC, Malphite can just charge in and shut down their whole team, Sion has alot of CC as well as a strong ult.

There's even Mundo who at your ranked level can do extremely well and carry if built properly. Look up Mundo builds, I don't fucking know. I do know Mundo is strong and annoying with his Q, and once he gets tanky, one of the better initiators and peelers.

But seriously, if I were to authoritatively say 'You lost because of X' reason, that reason would be that your games have had a lack of tanks. You do have one game where you have Darius but he sucks as a tank. So that's the one reason you've lost alot because of a lack of tanks. Tanks initiate, they peel, they can deal heavy damage to squishies, and they're important to a game.

Especially in Silver, people are going to be afraid to initiate. They're going to be afraid to fight, and when they get initiated upon, they tend to scatter and run away. If you can be the one initiating, people will swarm for a kill. It's silver, not diamond.

Pick up a pure tank. Learn to love them. Malphite is a fun APish beast, Nasus is an end game terror, Mundo is Mundo.

~~~
on a side note, salty as fuck xin, who lost his series. He "Beat" me in lane(He did), but then goes on and dies 10 times and then says I was bad...which I laned bad, but I performed much better in the real mid-late game.-

I'll try and learn more tanks then. Right now all the top characters I know are squishy so perhaps it really is a situation of me putting the team in a bad spot by compromising the teamcomp.

In regards to the people afraid of initaiting or being initiated on, I can confidently say that in my games that is not the case. We're losing actually because my teammates tend to be more trigger happy. Of course this is anecdotal speaking. Statistically it can be different.

EDIT:

Okay I'm going to make this clear cut so people aren't spouting off non-sense horseshit. I'm looking for ways to tip the scales in my favor. If I play well or average but the rest of my team is losing then I want some way where I can balance it out so the team has a fighting chance once we leave laning phase. Losing lanes are going to happen. And I can't control what other people do. However, I want to know what I can do to enable my team to not suck. Pigeon's advice on being cognizant of my objectives on the map at certain points in time is great advice because while I have a general idea, I don't set milestones for myself. If your advice is "go carry" you can fuck off. No shit I need to carry to get higher on ranked. That's like saying of course you need a car to drive. Fucking hell people.

jerd

Yeah looking at patch notes and skimming that scarra video I think I'm not gonna play ranked for a while. Maybe everything turns out fine but there are just too many potential balance issues I think and priorities are different and I'd hate to lose a bunch of games just because they're all clusterfucks where nobody knows what's happening.

My best advice to Kayos at this point is to take a break, dude. I can't stress how much having a rested body and mind will do wonders for your mindset in game.

Quonny

I mean, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes people just go on streaks. I think I'm like 3-15 in my last 18 games or something. Before that I was spamming Shen and went like 11-2.

I'm probably gonna just take a little break. Dark Souls is on the way. Not mad or anything, but a break can do wonders.

Probably unwind with some TT as well.

Just won a Top game against a fucking Donger.

Guess Sion is a good pick against him ... cause I was gonna go Trundle blind until I saw Heimerdinger picked and was reminded of a AP Sion vid I saw so I picked him to be safe.

Also tried out my AP runes on Sion ... mistake. Sure, his E and W feel better but I can't last hit for shit with AAs :/

kayos90

I mean, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason. Sometimes people just go on streaks. I think I'm like 3-15 in my last 18 games or something. Before that I was spamming Shen and went like 11-2.

I haven't had this problem prior to hitting Gold. The moment I hit Gold I just got blown up like I was fucking North Korea. I then consistently lost to the poitn where now I'm getting matched up with mid to low Silvers. It's annoying. I've been in this situation before but I'm still losing. Since i'm not aware of what i'm doing wrong, i'm looking for external advice. Internal advice pool has been dried and emptied.

My best advice to Kayos at this point is to take a break, dude. I can't stress how much having a rested body and mind will do wonders for your mindset in game.

I am. I took a two week break last time I lost consistently like this. It helped for the first 3 games...

I'll try and learn more tanks then. Right now all the top characters I know are squishy so perhaps it really is a situation of me putting the team in a bad spot by compromising the teamcomp.

In regards to the people afraid of initaiting or being initiated on, I can confidently say that in my games that is not the case. We're losing actually because my teammates tend to be more trigger happy. Of course this is anecdotal speaking. Statistically it can be different.

I'll tell you right now-You're not the one compromising your team comp. It's that, like you said, people are either scared or trigger happy. A tank helps out in letting people be trigger happy. Malphite complements idiot teammates greatly because he can charge in and wreck everyone if one of your guys gets caught out/tries to initiate.

Being a tank is fulfilling a role that tends to not be filled in lower ranked levels-People want to pick the champions that can kill and that can build all the damage in the world. Basically, you're Silver, you have to become 'sentient' compared to other silver players and understand that having a strong, beefy champion is crucial to being able to win consistently.

I kinda did the same thing recently, always picking Kayle top thinking I could always carry. But then I realized that was wrong, and that I should really just stick as tank since that is my best role overall. It's why I dig Nasus and Malphite as much as I do- They're strong, they're beefy, i can carry with them if necessary, and I can control the flow of teamfights. Aside from my kayle game, the previous 4 games before that have been all victories with Malphite/Nasus.

And it sucks. Sometimes you just want to AP or play a fun character, but if you want to win consistently, biting the bullet and always picking a tank will always be more beneficial than not. The other players will be happy that they don't have to be a tank and can go damage, and thus the tilt level will be minimal. You can take solace in knowing that you'll be initiating the teamfights that your team will do better more often than not. You learn to recognize situations where you initiate or run away, you'll learn to play safely against aggressive tops, you'll only be helping yourself by playing a tank. You will learn things you would not if you picked Kayle or Graves or Caitlyn.

Tanks are great, but in lower rank levels tanks tend to be ignored for the 'trigger happy' champions.

Holy shit that anger

I would kill a man to read those in-game chat logs
Oh he was angry, I excised some other things he said and only posted my interaction, but basically it was a case of 'I did good everyone else sucked'. He tried to stay positive in game(Calling us cowards when we ganked him, being cocky), but it was just masking his frustration, I assume.

patchday

I think I'm in hell in this game. getting regularly matched with junglers not picking smite even though I'm constantly typing "Grab Smite!". went 5.20 kda... 26/5, still not good enough. We had dudes constantly getting d/c'ed too

time for another break. Back to Hearthstone for some good ole 1v1. maybe I'll be refreshed tomorrow (for LoL) I dunno

Quonny

I haven't had this problem prior to hitting Gold. The moment I hit Gold I just got blown up like I was fucking North Korea. I then consistently lost to the poitn where now I'm getting matched up with mid to low Silvers. It's annoying. I've been in this situation before but I'm still losing. Since i'm not aware of what i'm doing wrong, i'm looking for external advice. Internal advice pool has been dried and emptied.
Literally same thing happened to me, except one tier up. Sailed to plat, like dominated. Then hit plat, and I'm sucking the major one. Maybe I just got burnt out. I've noticed my play deteriorating. Tilting a little easier.

Just saying what happened to me and what I'm going to do about it. We'll see if it works.

Btw Shen is amazing because he saves idiot teammates from across the map. No other champion can do that. I fully recommend Shen to climb out of Gold.

kayos90

Literally same thing happened to me, except one tier up. Sailed to plat, like dominated. Then hit plat, and I'm sucking the major one. Maybe I just got burnt out. I've noticed my play deteriorating. Tilting a little easier.

Just saying what happened to me and what I'm going to do about it. We'll see if it works.

I'll definitely take your advice to heart.

jerd

I think I'm in hell in this game. getting regularly matched with junglers not picking smite even though I'm constantly typing "Grab Smite!". went 5.20 kda... 26/5, still not good enough. We had dudes constantly getting d/c'ed too

time for another break. Back to Hearthstone for some good ole 1v1. maybe I'll be refreshed tomorrow (for LoL) I dunno

Hard to say but if you're getting massively fed and not winning its probably a sign you don't know what to do with your lead. Not all the time obviously some games are just unwinnable, but it's something to think about

kayos90

Btw Shen is amazing because he saves idiot teammates from across the map. No other champion can do that. I fully recommend Shen to climb out of Gold.

I tried playing Shen. I'm just bad.... lol. I don't think Shen's kit just fits within my mentality at all.

patchday

Hard to say but if you're getting massively fed and not winning its probably a sign you don't know what to do with your lead. Not all the time obviously some games are just unwinnable, but it's something to think about

Thanks will give it some thought.

Quonny

My biggest issue is the dance. I dance around mid or a lane and don't know what to do after the hard landing phase is over. I waste 10-15 seconds four or five times a game just walking around a lane planing my next move. It's a bad habit I really need to kick. Setting little goals like that is something that can help.

If your teammates are being dumb I recommend using the ping system rather than chat. I ping a lot in my games. Not in quick succession, just over the whole game. People seem a little less likely to tilt if you ping a couple times rather than chat and tell them what to do. Need to do Bsron? Ping omw. Want some CS? Ping back on someone trying to take it. Just once.

My biggest issue is the dance. I dance around mid or a lane and don't know what to do. I waste 10-15 seconds four or five times a game just walking around a lane planing my next move. It's a bad habit I really need to kick. Setting little goals like that is something that can help.

Keep these things in consideration at all times, laning, mid game, and beyond-
Are there any objectives?
Are any of them dead?
Do I have knowledge of the enemy team to do an objective?
Does any other lane need help or a gank?
Where is my team?
Is my team capable of doing X if I ping it?
Am I able to assist in a way that will get us ahead?
Where is the enemy team?
Is there anything I can do that isn't just farming?

Try to keep these things in mind as a checklist, after a while it'll become 2nd nature playing this game. This is crucial to knowing when, how, and where to move. Knowing your teams level of communication(Do they listen to pings? Do they talk about a gank?) is also a good indicator of knowing what you should do in regards to your team.

Quonny

Oh I think of all those things. I just don't think about them until I'm doing the dance. I should be thinking of them while shopping, or mindlessly CSing before backing.

Ferga

Then why don't you actually look to carry instead of blaming other people?

However, I want to know what I can do to enable my team to not suck

Like.. what? Kind of hard to believe you when you say you are looking to carry and not being carried when you're spilling stupid shit like that out.

Improve your own game. No-one is telling you to "lol carry". Learn to fuckin carry mate. Watch streamers. Watch videos. Holy shit man.

And Newt talked to me about your games during our queues and he's already told you to learn wave control. Doesn't seem like you're putting any effort into that. It's not hard to learn if you just watch a video about it.

I said it before and you didn't read it so I'll say it again. Your cs numbers are low. It doesn't look like you're winning lane at all. Don't compare your cs to players at Silver. How do you improve by doing that.

That can be your first step. Learn wave control so you don't have terrible cs numbers when you're winning the lane.

And I feel like you completely lost the point of my previous post since you were so offended from my attempt at humour. Do you make risks and feed? Do you learn from feeding? There's something wrong if you don't have a bad game (or don't recognise when you have a bad game and just blame team mates, which seems to be what you're doing). You ain't learning shit if you don't take risks and experiment with champion power spikes.

You've been like this since I played with you and taught you the basics of adc back in S2/3 buddy. Stop blaming and actually implement advice and knowledge into your gameplay instead of being blinded with your rage.

I feel like you have very little game knowledge. You need to learn what champions are capable of and learn what to do based on the creep wave and enemy's positioning on the map. That's how you carry. It's not fucking winning lane. Winning lane doesn't mean shit unless you make the enemy afk. They can always farm back into the game while you sit around doing nothing cause you didn't control the wave properly.

Oh I think of all those things. I just don't think about them until I'm doing the dance. I should be thinking of them while shopping, or mindlessly CSing before backing.

Thinking about it constantly is the first step. I always keep an eye on the minimap even when I'm not paying attention to it. I learn the timing of a jungler to know when they'll gank, or whether they'll focus on ganking other lanes first(Which is a combination of what their jungler is in conjunction with mid and bot, knowing their capabilities at level 2/3, and being able to say 'Hey he's prolly gonna gank X first', I tend to be usually correct on these sorts of callouts.)

Like in the Malphite game I just played tonight, i kept looking at bottom constantly and kinda ignored top-it was maokai vs. yasuo so it would be a waste of effort to gank as Malphite. Our Vi did a good job, but aside from that it was constant 'Where is my jungler/is bot ready to gank(They weren't)/where is Annie/where is graves'.

It stops becoming a dance, as you put it, and more of a flow.

It's hard to explain my train of thought when playing the game and how I play as mid(Top is a whole other type), I just imagine you dancing in mid. Same things apply, but the execution is different at top. Same with bottom and mid~

kayos90

Then why don't you actually look to carry instead of blaming other people?

I already pointed out that I'm trying to do that. You blind?

Like.. what? Kind of hard to believe you when you say you are looking to carry and not being carried when you're spilling stupid shit like that out.

Hard to believe you're not actually reading still.

Improve your own game. No-one is telling you to "lol carry". Learn to fuckin carry mate. Watch streamers. Watch videos. Holy shit man.

Oh, hey, actual advice instead of spouting of results! lol

And Newt talked to me about your games during our queues and he's already told you to learn wave control. Doesn't seem like you're putting any effort into that. It's not hard to learn if you just watch a video about it.

I already watched the video. If I'm doing it wrong then I'm still learning. Just cuz it's not there right doesn't mean I'm not trying. Don't be an assuming asshat. Also, how the fuck would you know if I'm not putting any effort into it. You watching every single one of my ADC games?

I said it before and you didn't read it so I'll say it again. Your cs numbers are low. It doesn't look like you're winning lane at all. Don't compare your cs to players at Silver. How do you improve by doing that.

I did read it. I just cut it since it was irrelevant but I'm not surprised you said this since you've been making assumptions all night long.

Also I'm comparing my cs to people I'm playing against because that's who I'm playing against. If I'm doing better than my opponent then that's great. As I get better I'll play better opponents and I'll aim to be better. I'm literally surprised you're making an asinine comment like this. If I'm not winning every single time in lane and my cs is low against silver players, of course that's my fucking objective. By your logic, might as well fucking extrapolate and say my cs goal should be fucking challenger tier. The goal is to improve cs numbers regardless of the opponent. I already fucking know that. However, there's a baseline and ignoring it just makes you look moronic. There's a reason why divisions and tiers exist.

And I feel like you completely lost the point of my previous post since you were so offended from my attempt at humour. Do you make risks and feed? Do you learn from feeding? There's something wrong if you don't have a bad game (or don't recognise when you have a bad game and just blame team mates, which seems to be what you're doing). You ain't learning shit if you don't take risks and experiment with champion power spikes.

You're humor sucks. I don't make risks. I'm a very bland and uncreative player. I learn from feeding.

You've been like this since I played with you and taught you the basics of adc back in S2/3 buddy. Stop blaming and actually implement advice and knowledge into your gameplay instead of being blinded with your rage.

LOL? Get off your fucking high horse. You didn't teach me the basics of adc. Closer, bind, scy, gamma and others have contributed to helping me better. Recently as of Newt. You went on your little rage posting spree a while back if I recall correctly too. I haven't been like this all the time. I've been prone to getting upset but I'm always willing to learn. Your attitude for teaching is absolute shit though. Do you seem me not trying to take advice? I wouldn't be taking the advice of the other posters on here if I was so hardheaded. Oh but I forgot you're on your fucking ivory tower making assumptions all day long. Oh yeah, also I'm not blaming for the Xteenth time like I've said. And a person can be angry and still be fucking right and actually thinking. Thanks for your shitty advice "teacher."

I feel like you have very little game knowledge. You need to learn what champions are capable of and learn what to do based on the creep wave and enemy's positioning on the map. That's how you carry. It's not fucking winning lane. Winning lane doesn't mean shit unless you make the enemy afk. They can always farm back into the game while you sit around doing nothing cause you didn't control the wave properly.

LOL. Fuck right off.

Hard

Banned
Oh my god you say your internal advice pool is dry

maybe it's dried up from all that salt

teammates are gonna be dumb

nothing you can do

focus on improving yourself and the wins will follow

just git gud

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not gonna lie, you sound like an absolute nightmare teammate and I'm glad I've never come across you in my gold ranked games

I bet you're that guy that types "GG" in all chat if the enemy gets first blood then spams laugh while AFKing in fountain when it's 11-5 20 minutes in

Cool your jets and think, dude. You obviously didn't come here for advice, you wanted a pat on the back and a "damn sorry you couldn't carry silver shitters."

Leezard

Y'all need Teemo.

Looking at Taliyah again, I can't say I'm underwhelmed with her ultimate. Sure, it's a utility spell, but it has great strategic uses. You can cut off the enemy jungle/base to hinder them from following a rotation. You can wall such that the enemy team won't be able to contest Baron/Dragon. I'm not even thinking of riding the wall, just using it to cut off objectives from the enemy.

I think it's a really good spell, and it will be more apparent in competitive and higher ranks.

kayos90

Oh my god you say your internal advice pool is dry

maybe it's dried up from all that salt

teammates are gonna be dumb

nothing you can do

focus on improving yourself and the wins will follow

just git gud

Are you guys just fucking with me? Like... lol?

Okay I'm going to make this clear cut so people aren't spouting off non-sense horseshit. I'm looking for ways to tip the scales in my favor. If I play well or average but the rest of my team is losing then I want some way where I can balance it out so the team has a fighting chance once we leave laning phase. Losing lanes are going to happen. And I can't control what other people do. However, I want to know what I can do to enable my team to not suck. Pigeon's advice on being cognizant of my objectives on the map at certain points in time is great advice because while I have a general idea, I don't set milestones for myself. If your advice is "go carry" you can fuck off. No shit I need to carry to get higher on ranked. That's like saying of course you need a car to drive. Fucking hell people.

Thanks to all the people that have given concrete applicable advice that I can incorporate into my play after I return from my two week break. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Calvero

Banned
Y'all need Teemo.

Looking at Taliyah again, I can't say I'm underwhelmed with her ultimate. Sure, it's a utility spell, but it has great strategic uses. You can cut off the enemy jungle/base to hinder them from following a rotation. You can wall such that the enemy team won't be able to contest Baron/Dragon. I'm not even thinking of riding the wall, just using it to cut off objectives from the enemy.

I think it's a really good spell, and it will be more apparent in competitive and higher ranks.

Yep. I love Taliyah. Absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite champ.

Top Bottom