• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

I'm right there with you. He was straight *chunking* people. I didn't know he had so much AP in his kit but...yo. 100k damage clearly says he does.

I guess it's the blight stacks that really do it. AP bonus per hit and popping the stacks has an AP bonus and scales on enemy max health. That and the ult. The hybrid really offers a lot if you aren't just poking.

I want to try it now lol.

If Cho gets rolling he is so fucking frustrating to play against. Especially if his team has better vision and can set up so that you walk into Cho instead of him needing to close the gap.

If Cho gets rolling he is so fucking frustrating to play against. Especially if his team has better vision and can set up so that you walk into Cho instead of him needing to close the gap.

Yea, I'm used to hating him trying to beat a Cho team. The shoe being on the other foot is interesting.

I guess it's the blight stacks that really do it. AP bonus per hit and popping the stacks has an AP bonus and scales on enemy max health. That and the ult. The hybrid really offers a lot if you aren't just poking.

I want to try it now lol.

Please report results. Seems clearly quite strong.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering: Annie built like that at the end because she was trying to throw herself at a 40% hp Nexus, hoping her autos + tibbers autos would be enough to kill the Nexus before we could respond. She sold off her AP stuff. She had a few seconds alone attacking our nexus while we were extended fighting and probably would have had a better shot going with like a sheen and a few AD items, but hindsight is always 20/20.

My mouse broke yesterday and I've been playing Garen top with a touchpad.

Man he is just the most obnoxious dumb champion in the world. In my last game I was up against a Jayce. I had no intention of killing him, because Jayce is not a champ I imagine I can kill in the best of situations, let alone with a touchpad. So I ignore all but the most overextended harassment and just focus on farming. We were close, but when we reached 50, I got my Sunfire cape, and just pushed him for days. Pretty soon I was at a 30 cs and then a 100 cs lead. No one in the enemy team could stop me. It took a 5 man gank squad just to stop me pushing and all I was doing was farming. To be even more annoying I got the Zportal and just pushed top and mid for days.

Part of that game that sticks in my head is lvl 14 Rengar with 11/4/2 vs me lvl16 with 1/2/3 in mid lane. Just sad. I felt dirty. One Q, E and it was all over.

I feel dirty.

Tizoc

My mouse broke yesterday and I've been playing Garen top with a touchpad.

Man he is just the most obnoxious dumb champion in the world. In my last game I was up against a Jayce. I had no intention of killing him, because Jayce is not a champ I imagine I can kill in the best of situations, let alone with a touchpad. So I ignore all but the most overextended harassment and just focus on farming. We were close, but when we reached 50, I got my Sunfire cape, and just pushed him for days. Pretty soon I was at a 30 cs and then a 100 cs lead. No one in the enemy team could stop me. It took a 5 man gank squad just to stop me pushing and all I was doing was farming. To be even more annoying I got the Zportal and just pushed top and mid for days.

Part of that game that sticks in my head is lvl 14 Rengar with 11/4/2 vs me lvl16 with 1/2/3 in mid lane. Just sad. I felt dirty. One Q, E and it was all over.

I feel dirty.
Lol what was ur build?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
what happened to vlad's e supposed to be costing a lot of health? he can just spam it like crazy and get more health back than he ever loses

Hard

Banned
what happened to vlad's e supposed to be costing a lot of health? he can just spam it like crazy and get more health back than he ever loses

Riot's walking down a dangerous line with his passive, since he gains bonus health with his AP and vice-versa. Passives that let you double dip like that can't be healthy.

His E costs a lot of health if you charge it.
Riot's walking down a dangerous line with his passive, since he gains bonus health with his AP and vice-versa. Passives that let you double dip like that can't be healthy.
That has always been his passive.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Zeds in every game, not seen one win yet though today, surprisingly

faridmon

Zeds in every game, not seen one win yet though today, surprisingly

I have noticed that about Zed in my ELO:

The ones who play him are either seriously good with him, or seriously bad with him. Nothing in the middle.

Always a risk when I play with/against one.

garath

Ok. So I have some experimenting to do.

Adc: hybrid varus
Jungle: bruiser Eve and nidalee, zyra, Elise with the AP item changes

Guess I should stick to normals for a few days. Lol

Probably Reddit warriors who saw the QSS changes and just had to see if he was OP as they said.

Also MYMU = many people gonna play Mages = many people gonna think it's fun to play "OP assassins" cause they fuck em up.

That's why I blind picked Cho when I was first pick ... just in case.

Hard

Banned
I wonder if Hexdrinker would be a good rush item to fit into my Renek build, now that AP top laners are going to be a lot more common. I like Maw, but I don't love it since it doesn't provide CDR. 25 MR from Merc Treads certainly won't be enough.

Executioner's Calling? With the Greivous Wounds revert, it might be viable, but the stat efficiency sucks, and it only builds into Mortal Reminder.

Also going to have to learn to play against Swain. I've played against Vlad twice, and Rumble once. Never Swain.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wonder if Hexdrinker would be a good rush item to fit into my Renek build, now that AP top laners are going to be a lot more common. I like Maw, but I don't love it since it doesn't provide CDR. 25 MR from Merc Treads certainly won't be enough.

Executioner's Calling? With the Greivous Wounds revert, it might be viable, but the stat efficiency sucks, and it only builds into Mortal Reminder.

Also going to have to learn to play against Swain. I've played against Vlad twice, and Rumble once. Never Swain.

Is Spirit Visage still a thing on Renekton or am I old?

Hard

Banned

If you're going Bruiser or Tank Renekton, SV is very strong on him. The 20% increase on all sources of healing synergizes very well with the healing from his Q. I build it often when the enemy mid laner is fed.

I'm talking about Renek's laning phase vs. AP laners. If I was a tank I'd rush spectre's cowl, but I need to maintain kill pressure in lane to zone sustain tanks off farm.

pigeon

Banned
Wait a second, no delay on Malzahar's Q? WTF RITO

Also man maybe I'll just switch to being a Vel'koz one trick pony. That guy seems bullshit now.

Hey. Evelynn is invisible on the launcher.

uJxwNan.png

Type2

I tell the guy to read the minimap and get told to fuck off.

Feels like solo queue.

How's the MSI so far out of 10? Might get into it this weekend if they're good games.
No matter what role I am playing I'm always watching the minimap and predicting people's pathing based on our ward coverage. It is so annoying to ping someone off once or twice and having them curse you out while they die or waste an ultimate/summoner. I know the pings can be somewhat annoying but I'm like yo dawg I'm just looking out for my teammates so we can succeed.

People need to light some incense or something to stop that 1v9 attitude.

faridmon

I am trying to learn Jhin , any tips for him?

Beginners tips:

- Abuse Q and W early game, Don't invest in E unill later.
- Jhin is really strong Lv 1 - 3, be aggressive and learn how to trade well
-Use E to stay safe in lane, most junglers are either careless when they gank or they avoid ganking at all.
- Be aware, if an enemy triggers E use Q for increase in dmg
- LEARN WHEN TO USE THE ULT. Its infuriating when people just use their ult whenever, because its one of the easiest ults you can dodge or be blocked by. Also its most effective when the champ has a low HP. Ping your support to use CC if possible
- You are relatively slow champ, position your self better.
- For a slow champ, Jhin can be really good 1v1. WEQ and couple of AA will just kill a champ instantly, don't be afraid to actually attack even 1v2
- If you are playing a champ with hard CC, anticipate their engage and don't engage before/without them, if your support do not have a CC, engage with your CC and let them help attacking from behind.

I am a still a newb but hope that helps. I just started playing him and he suprisingly easy to pick up and play due to his slow and deliberate movement, if you are comfortable with Ashe, then Jhin is no brainer.

drawkcaB

Not particularly relevant to the above but rather to your recent winning problems:

Have you been looking at replays of your matches? When I start losing for long stretches I find it acts as a check to confirm whether or not a bad situation could have been played better by myself even when the catalyst is poor play from my teammates.

I often end up with observations like "yes I played better than my direct opponent, but I could have done better" or "I jumped into a losing fight, should have backed off" that in the long run are beneficial.

pigeon

Banned
lol

On that topic I hate playing against Swain when I am jungler, don't know how to evade his kit and once you are in you are done.

Most of Swain's kit actually can't be evaded, because Swain hates you. Swain's E is point and click DoT, Swain's Q is autotarget whoever has E on them or whoever's closest otherwise (and apparently clears minions really well now which is a nice buff to early Swain), Swain's R is basically PBAoE on him. Don't assume you can outplay the Swain because Swain is very low mechanics to effectiveness, that's what makes him the MASTER TACTICIAN. Apparently.

Swain's weaknesses are mainly that he's slow, he doesn't have much range, he has poor burst, and his ult costs a ton of mana and has a long cooldown when he turns it off. If you're a jungler trying to gank Swain post-6 you might want to wait until he turns off his ult and then go for him, because he has 10 seconds before he can get it back on. The nerf to Swain's ult targeting is kind of huge as well and really weakens him in 1v1 or 1v2 situations.

I actually think that Swain on balance got nerfed because his ult is much weaker in almost every situation where you're not in close range with five enemy champions. But I haven't tried his new Q on live so maybe it's super dumb.

Fracas

#fuckonami
He's garbage. His abilities at rank 1 do so little he feels so worthless until late game.

Well duh, his abilities at rank one always did so little. Once you max out E and Q is when you start chunking people.

Hes always been like that.

Yo what

Maybe something changed since the update, but E+Q+ignite is almost a sure all-in kill at like level 2. Wait for the W at lvl 3 and it's even easier

This was when I played solely swain in bronze so this is prob wrong

Beginners tips:

- Abuse Q and W early game, Don't invest in E unill later.
- Jhin is really strong Lv 1 - 3, be aggressive and learn how to trade well
-Use E to stay safe in lane, most junglers are either careless when they gank or they avoid ganking at all.
- Be aware, if an enemy triggers E use Q for increase in dmg
- LEARN WHEN TO USE THE ULT. Its infuriating when people just use their ult whenever, because its one of the easiest ults you can dodge or be blocked by. Also its most effective when the champ has a low HP. Ping your support to use CC if possible
- You are relatively slow champ, position your self better.
- For a slow champ, Jhin can be really good 1v1. WEQ and couple of AA will just kill a champ instantly, don't be afraid to actually attack even 1v2
- If you are playing a champ with hard CC, anticipate their engage and don't engage before/without them, if your support do not have a CC, engage with your CC and let them help attacking from behind.

I am a still a newb but hope that helps. I just started playing him and he suprisingly easy to pick up and play due to his slow and deliberate movement, if you are comfortable with Ashe, then Jhin is no brainer.

Thanks that sure will help me alot, My problem is I am always running out of bullets for enemy champs I have to get use to hit and repositioning

Holy moly....

Top Bottom