• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt, if that's your voice, you just ruined the image of when I read any of your GAF posts in Draven's voice :'). (I read Zkylon's in lux's) but that only happens for you two, I'm bored I guess.

Leezard

Maybe I should start uploading some clips. I've been starting to record my games now that I have a cpu that can handle it at the same time as I play.

My voice will remain a secret unless I tick in the activate microphone check box though.

f4tYVTc.jpg

alright, the ease of CS and contribution here in 20 minutes. you know what, he's in my ranked rotation already. 5 matches in, i'm sold. he is a terrorist.

Leezard

I'm so hyped to play on the new patch today.

Soraka nerfed, relic shield sustain nerfed.

New Athenes looks sweet.

Mages being stronger should really weaken sunfire + iceborn gauntlet.

Ferga

I read ghosts posts in his voice from the vid where he raging about that fiddlesticks

I need to find my own tilt voice/scream.

It's deep inside me. I can feel it.

Just gotta unleash some emotions when I lose my sanity in solo queue.

zkylon

zkylewd
New guinsoo is probably gonna be broken on Kayle.

She really needs a new kit and/or nerfs. She's just so good at exploiting broken items, and at the same time she's one of the easiest champions in the game to play. Only stuff like warwick is easier.
my rough ideas for kayle:
- she's ranged and she has the splash dmg from her e as her passive. armor/mr shred removed. her range is probably 550 instead of 525, not sure
- her q is now a line skillshot with a longer range (maybe 800). second option would be to make it so it enhances her next auto, increasing its range, dmg and applying a slow on hit.
- her w is reworked into a spell or passive that better conveys that she's supposed to be flying. i want it to still have utility so i'm thinking something like a short range dash that leaves a buffing trail that lasts a couple seconds. buffing trail would apply something similar to current w, speed up and heal or something like that, while she gets the healing on cast, the speed on finishing the dash.
- e i'm not sure. i think she shouldn't really have any more cc or utility, so definitely some sort of damaging ability. maybe the w can be split up into two spells, maybe it's a three-hit passive, no idea. i like the idea of kayle being a judge-like character, so maybe she could explore that fantasy with her e a little bit more. idk
- r i'd keep the same, but increase the cooldown a bit

i'd like to see her visually redesigned too, right now she's not very interesting and i think the character has a lot of potential

I'm so hyped to play on the new patch today.

Soraka nerfed, relic shield sustain nerfed.

New Athenes looks sweet.

Mages being stronger should really weaken sunfire + iceborn gauntlet.
i wanna try athenes mid, still

it's so cheap that u can do athenes+amp tome and have like 60 ap like on live (with 200g to spare) and i feel that on lulu it'll be a really good item

i think it won't do the job for ori and she'll probably be a tear champion, and honestly i don't think i'll trend towards the murdering items more but i like the idea

faridmon

When you lose 11 games in a row:

1- Take a break. A LONG break
2- Think what you might be doing wrong, maybe you are too aggressive or to catious
3- Play a NEW Champ, your favorites aren't helping you, might be a good idea to pick a new one
4- Google counters (Example Sona Counter Morgana) for your preferred lane
5- stick with 1 Lane (Supp, ADC, Top, etc)
6- Maybe learn 1 Champ REALLY WELL
7- Play with a friend
8- play against a friend (1 v1)
9 - Learn how to trade better, get more CS on shorter times, when to Push and not to push, etc...
10- NEVER RELY ON YOUR TEAMMATES FOR ANYTHING. Let them die, let them feed, play your own game at your own pace. Once in while you will play with better players who will not feed
11- Enjoy the rank you are (I personally gave up on going up to Silver, I am trying to sustain myself in being Bronze III and II)
12 - MUTE everyone and don't chat
13 - make a goal for each game (example, get x amount of CS in that amount if time, get at least 4 kills while roaming, Get at least 3 kills early game, Never die between mins 15 and 21, etc.) this will give you better idea on what are you doing.
14 - Always repeat; FUCK VAYNE, YASOU and LUCIAN players. this will make you feel better :p

Did I kick your dog? wow.

it's your whole attitude over the last few pages. Being a dick to people trying to give you advice without looking at your own flaws, then calling your opponents "silver shitters" and "silver fucktards" which is really hilarious to me considering last season.

Your attitude stinks to high heaven.

Leezard

my rough ideas for kayle:
- she's ranged and she has the splash dmg from her e as her passive. armor/mr shred removed. her range is probably 550 instead of 525, not sure
- her q is now a line skillshot with a longer range (maybe 800). second option would be to make it so it enhances her next auto, increasing its range, dmg and applying a slow on hit.
- her w is reworked into a spell or passive that better conveys that she's supposed to be flying. i want it to still have utility so i'm thinking something like a short range dash that leaves a buffing trail that lasts a couple seconds. buffing trail would apply something similar to current w, speed up and heal or something like that, while she gets the healing on cast, the speed on finishing the dash.
- e i'm not sure. i think she shouldn't really have any more cc or utility, so definitely some sort of damaging ability. maybe the w can be split up into two spells, maybe it's a three-hit passive, no idea. i like the idea of kayle being a judge-like character, so maybe she could explore that fantasy with her e a little bit more. idk
- r i'd keep the same, but increase the cooldown a bit

i'd like to see her visually redesigned too, right now she's not very interesting and i think the character has a lot of potential

i wanna try athenes mid, still

it's so cheap that u can do athenes+amp tome and have like 60 ap like on live (with 200g to spare) and i feel that on lulu it'll be a really good item

i think it won't do the job for ori and she'll probably be a tear champion, and honestly i don't think i'll trend towards the murdering items more but i like the idea
It might depend on how much you want to scale if you want athenes now in mid lane. Anyone without heal/shield pretty much can't buy athenes now.

I'm thinking it will mainly be a support item, but as you say it might still be good on the likes of Lulu in lane. It's kinda cheap for the cdr and effect, it's just not very slot efficient.

jerd

2- Think what you might be doing wrong, maybe you are too aggressive or to catious
3- Play a NEW Champ, your favorites aren't helping you, might be a good idea to pick a new one
7- Play with a friend
9 - Learn how to trade better, get more CS on shorter times, when to Push and not to push, etc...
10- NEVER RELY ON YOUR TEAMMATES FOR ANYTHING. Let them die, let them feed, play your own game at your own pace. Once in while you will play with better players who will not feed
11- Enjoy the rank you are (I personally gave up on going up to Silver, I am trying to sustain myself in being Bronze III and II)
13 - make a goal for each game (example, get x amount of CS in that amount if time, get at least 4 kills while roaming, Get at least 3 kills early game, Never die between mins 15 and 21, etc.) this will give you better idea on what are you doing.
14 - Always repeat; FUCK VAYNE, ASOU and LUCIAN players. this will make you feel better :p

14 tips for breaking a ranked losing streak

You won't believe #9

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
it's your whole attitude over the last few pages. Being a dick to people trying to give you advice without looking at your own flaws, then calling your opponents "silver shitters" and "silver fucktards" which is really hilarious to me considering last season.

Your attitude stinks to high heaven.

I'm not being a dick to people who give actually good advice. An i'm not talking about the quality of the advice. I'm talking about people who actually GAVE advice. What kind of advice is "go carry"? It's not. If your a parent and your child sucks at math is your advice to simply say, "go get better at math"? No. You ask them where they're having trouble, give them some practical advice like go sit down and read a text book or something else. What rex did was extremely unhelpful compared to the 4 other posters who actually had something much better to say both in content and tone. Was I sounding like an ass? Yes. But I pointed every single time why his method and viewpoint was flawed. Everything he said was pretty much fallacious on an argumentative level. If he doesn't want to engage in a conversation that's actually intellectually beneficial then that's fine. *EDIT* Also his original post was extremely insulting to me *EDIT*

In addition, if people fuck up and do stupid shit, they're morons. If I'm gold or master and I fuck up or play bad then that makes me a gold or master moron. Whether it's silver or not is irrelevant. It's only a descriptive field.

Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. I'm not going to further this along. I figured I clarify for you since I actually respect you but clearly that's misplaced if you can't see that what rex did was not helpful but more harmful.

To be fair Rex gave you perfectly good advice and you belligerently ignored it.

He gave me only one real practical one and that was to get better at cs. Which he preceded it before he even edited in that advice by a long post that was insulting. Rex's post read like a git gud post from a dark souls thread. It's annoying, insulting , and not even remotely helpful.

7- Play with a friend
14 - Always repeat; FUCK VAYNE, YASOU and LUCIAN players. this will make you feel better :p

Thanks mate. Some of this stuff is sort of "duh" and a mindset thing rather than a quality thing so is should I already know it but I'm not fully aware on game. I'll try to be more mindful and I think some of the stuff will definitely help me.

garath

Try ashe for adc. She's like adc gold in gold.

She provides:

- decent damage. She can be a lane bully if you get the first level 2, W them for the slow, pop your Q and chunk them down to almost nothing.
- slows. I can't even count the number of times I've saved a teammate with just walking up and landing a W to slow the enemies chasing them
- vision. Hawkeye is a godsend. Use it wisely and you will be rewarded.
- initiation/self peel. Land the arrows and you will win.

Everything a team needs in gold elo. It's like playing a jungler and adc in one. Just need good positioning, probably swifties most games and wise use of the arrow (not to mention landing it).

Leezard

Try ashe for adc. She's like adc gold in gold.

She provides:

- decent damage. She can be a lane bully if you get the first level 2, W them for the slow, pop your Q and chunk them down to almost nothing.
- slows. I can't even count the number of times I've saved a teammate with just walking up and landing a W to slow the enemies chasing them
- vision. Hawkeye is a godsend. Use it wisely and you will be rewarded.
- initiation/self peel. Land the arrows and you will win.

Everything a team needs in gold elo. It's like playing a jungler and adc in one. Just need good positioning, probably swifties most games and wise use of the arrow (not to mention landing it).
Ashe is decent overall. Easy to play mechanically and provides a lot of utility.

This conversation reminds me of that CLG analyst who posted his difficulty rankings of all champions, and suggested playing easier ones to focus on being able to learn other stuff in the game (rotations, csing, strategy, etc).

I'm gonna find them and post them later, I think it's a good resource for new-ish players. We could link to it in the OT.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have been in every elo, from bronze to diamond 2

Diamond 5 is absurd, genuinely absurd, there are no words to describe the people you meet there.

It is a sandtrap

There is no light in diamond 5, it is a vacuum

Ashe is decent overall. Easy to play mechanically and provides a lot of utility.

This conversation reminds me of that CLG analyst who posted his difficulty rankings of all champions, and suggested playing easier ones to focus on being able to learn other stuff in the game (rotations, csing, strategy, etc).

I'm gonna find them and post them later, I think it's a good resource for new-ish players. We could link to it in the OT.
Yeah thats what alot of people think about it, i know dryus has said the samething about meta picks. And i totally agree with them. I have played people like azir and have had tons of fun with them but yet for mages when i go into ranked i usually just pick someone like brand who is nice and simple. Same thing with adc, i just pick utility based adcs like sivir and ashe.

Leezard

I have been in every elo, from bronze to diamond 2

Diamond 5 is absurd, genuinely absurd, there are no words to describe the people you meet there.

It is a sandtrap

There is no light in diamond 5, it is a vacuum

It's easy to explain too.

Plat is the most toxic elo.

Diamond 5 is filled with a lot of plat 1 people who think they are better than plat.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's easy to explain too.

Plat is the most toxic elo.

Diamond 5 is filled with a lot of plat 1 people who think they are better than plat.

I have never had more afks in my life than diamond 5, not only that but sulking players who say "Im not grouping, you all suck" or some variant, the toxicity is off the charts, almost every game is over before 25 minutes because no-body has the stomach to fight and there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

many people who are obviously boosted.

You check their match histories

The red

the bright red

sXZZ5sB.png

NEW PATCH ALREADY BAD FOR MY HEART

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2177760321/42941535

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

New rageblade is just busted on yi. Fortunately we had enough CC to survive it. Had to really calculate things with Cho and not use his skills for wave clear before a fight because who knows when fuckin Twitch or Yi are going to jump out of a bush. Twitch was exceptional in his timing. New Frozen Heart felt pretty good. We defended the Nexus 5 different times (couldn't leave base for the last 25 minutes of the match). In the end, Varus and Corki drove it down middle after a 4-man wipe to finish as Yi tried in vain to go through me and Zyra defending Nexus.

All those champs feel fuckin beast now.

Anyway here's hoping your first match on the new patch isn't an hour-long heart-stopper too.
AU7Amsc.gif

I think it's time for a Cho skin.

Edit: says the match is still processing. Varus did 100k damage to lead the game and somehow didn't earn an S+ O_______O . Twitch not far behind at 88k. O__O

patchday

My biggest issue is the dance. I dance around mid or a lane and don't know what to do after the hard landing phase is over. I waste 10-15 seconds four or five times a game just walking around a lane planing my next move. It's a bad habit I really need to kick. Setting little goals like that is something that can help.

If your teammates are being dumb I recommend using the ping system rather than chat. I ping a lot in my games. Not in quick succession, just over the whole game. People seem a little less likely to tilt if you ping a couple times rather than chat and tell them what to do. Need to do Bsron? Ping omw. Want some CS? Ping back on someone trying to take it. Just once.

Keep these things in consideration at all times, laning, mid game, and beyond-
Are there any objectives?
Are any of them dead?
Do I have knowledge of the enemy team to do an objective?
Does any other lane need help or a gank?
Where is my team?
Is my team capable of doing X if I ping it?
Am I able to assist in a way that will get us ahead?
Where is the enemy team?
Is there anything I can do that isn't just farming?

Try to keep these things in mind as a checklist, after a while it'll become 2nd nature playing this game. This is crucial to knowing when, how, and where to move. Knowing your teams level of communication(Do they listen to pings? Do they talk about a gank?) is also a good indicator of knowing what you should do in regards to your team.

good discussion here. It's so easy to blame teammates but I can always think of things I did wrong more than anyone.

kayos90

I have never had more afks in my life than diamond 5, not only that but sulking players who say "Im not grouping, you all suck" or some variant, the toxicity is off the charts, almost every game is over before 25 minutes because no-body has the stomach to fight and there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

many people who are obviously boosted.

You check their match histories

The red

the bright red

If you saw my last 20 games you'd think I was boosted.... =/

I can't fathom why Diamond and plat would be any different or worse than any other division/tier. Isn't anyone going to scream that they deserve to be in a higher rank at all levels. Those people are there in every stage. Or maybe I just don't know since I've never been there.

Leezard

http://i.imgur.com/sXZZ5sB.png[IMG]

[url]http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2177760321/42941535[/url]

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

New rageblade is just busted on yi. Fortunately we had enough CC to survive it. Had to really calculate things with Cho and not use his skills for wave clear before a fight because who knows when fuckin Twitch or Yi are going to jump out of a bush. Twitch was exceptional in his timing. New Frozen Heart felt pretty good. We defended the Nexus 5 different times (couldn't leave base for the last 25 minutes of the match). In the end, Varus and Corki drove it down middle after a 4-man wipe to finish as Yi tried in vain to go through me and Zyra defending Nexus.

Anyway here's hoping your first match on the new patch isn't an hour-long heart-stopper too. [img]http://i.imgur.com/AU7Amsc.gif

Those games that don't feel that good to win but they feel terrible to lose.

Every once in a while it can be nice to experience though. Just to see these close comebacks.

faridmon

Thanks mate. Some of this stuff is sort of "duh" and a mindset thing rather than a quality thing. I think some of the stuff will definitely help me.

keep in mind, that I am still a Bronze player so the only thing I can help is simple things like this.

Sorry

kayos90

keep in mind, that I am still a Bronze player so the only thing I can help is simple things like this.

Sorry

advice is advice. Doesn't matter what level you're from to be honest. This is a crude example, and I'm not saying this to describe you at all, but if a terrible student says the e=mc^2 is an equation then that doesn't make him wrong. Sure his credibility might be crap but the content is still good. Appreciate your advice!

Those games that don't feel that good to win but they feel terrible to lose.

Every once in a while it can be nice to experience though. Just to see these close comebacks.

I must say, I feel fuckin great. In part because I'm still clearly a noob with this champ so any late-game experience is of great value. In part because seeing some many of the new reworks and items in the same game was really cool. In part because each fight was so close and the throws were going back and forth. Also, there's nothing like winning 15 minutes after your Nexus gets dropped to ~35% and repeatedly denying the enemy.

But I definitely agree you just feel like shit if you lose it and they definitely threw by not coordinating their pushes a bit better. Still we won some epic team fights along the way. We were sitting in that base and limited to our half of the map for no less than the last 35 minutes so watching Varus and Corki push down mid for the win was like watching a home run go over the fence in slow motion.

And yea, Cho's weakness is clear as hell to me now: his cooldowns. My goodness. I don't recall playing a champ that I felt so cooldown-limited on. I'm inclined to experiment with CDR builds. Maybe new Morellonomicon (sp) + the new Frozen Heart? I wanted to punch a kitten waiting for the cooldowns to end. You can imagine how that feels when a Yi and Twitch are autoing your team to death.

edit: match up - http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2177760321/42941535?tab=overview dem stats.

edit 2: we were locked mostly in our base and definitely on our side of the river from 36:00 - 1:05:00. nobody even entertained the thought of giving up.

Leezard

I must say, I feel fuckin great.

edit: match up - http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2177760321/42941535?tab=overview dem stats.

edit 2: we were locked mostly in our base and definitely on our side of the river from 36:00 - 1:05:00. nobody even entertained the thought of giving up.
That's great, then. I'm often too exhausted after such a game to be able to enjoy the win properly.

Being locked in your base for 30 minutes is crazy.
Aww geez. All these changes means I won't be able to play ranked for days. Feels bad.
But ranked will be really fun now when nobody knows what's good!

garath

sXZZ5sB.png

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2177760321/42941535

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyway here's hoping your first match on the new patch isn't an hour-long heart-stopper too.
AU7Amsc.gif

Edit: says the match is still processing. Varus did 100k damage to lead the game and somehow didn't earn an S+ O_______O . Twitch not far behind at 88k. O__O

I'm genuinely mystified by that varus build. and the fact that it produced that much damage. Wow.

Leezard

But I wanna get to masters, not have fun :/ Maybe I'll just spam leblanc and kill mages all day. Lol jk I'm not gonna get mid all week, ADC all day ever day.
photo.jpg

Fun includes winning here. Find out what's good or stick to your old and tested and stomp the ones that are trying to figure out what's happening.

I'm genuinely mystified by that varus build. and the fact that it produced that much damage. Wow.

I'm right there with you. He was straight *chunking* people. I didn't know he had so much AP in his kit but...yo. 100k damage clearly says he does.

Also, another Cho game another S-. Three straight. This time against a Fizz. He killed me once in the first 6 or 7 minutes. Finished 8/2/0. Fizz remains tricky but he played himself a few times not respecting the tank + silence + pure damage and got ate.

I'm right there with you. He was straight *chunking* people. I didn't know he had so much AP in his kit but...yo. 100k damage clearly says he does.

Also, another Cho game another S-. Three straight. This time against a Fizz. He killed me once in the first 6 or 7 minutes. Finished 8/2/0. Fizz remains tricky but he played himself a few times not respecting the tank + silence + pure damage and got ate.
Yeah cho is great against assassins. People never respect his pure damage.

Top Bottom