• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

faridmon

Thanks that sure will help me alot, My problem is I am always running out of bullets for enemy champs I have to get use to hit and repositioning

Yeah, managing the bullets is indeed a learning curve. It became a second nature for me since I don't normally attack in rapid succession.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally caught up with the juicy drama. as princess zkylana, lewd arbiter of lolgaf, i gotta say that i'll stay out of it and ppl should just try to be nice to each other :>

sometimes people need to vent, sometimes they need legitimate advice, sometimes the advice you can give them isn't what they want to hear, etc. try and be nice.

i think "learn to carry" is not the easiest concept to explain, either. like, people have so different ideas of what "winning lane" means, but ultimately whatever you did in lane doesn't mean anything unless you affect the people outside of your lane and that's where carrying comes from. if you won lane and are now roaming bot and getting ur team a double kill and a turret, that's great, you're carrying. you don't have to get the two kills yourself and do mlg plays, just extend your advantage to the rest of ur team. if you won lane and are now a splitpush threat that is gonna chip away at turrets whenever they have the chance, that's great, you're carrying, but if the only thing you're doing is delivering waves to the top laner that's behind then you're not really doing anything. and if you won lane so hard that the other laner is super starved and needs to steal jungle creeps or needs jungle assist to reset the wave cos you froze it and they're absolutely fucked then yeah, you're carrying. similarly with objective control, teamfighting, etc.

and ultimately you need to do the type of carrying your team needs, not the carrying you want. the team doesn't have to adjust to you, you have to adjust to them, so it's a lot about identifying what your team needs you to do. i'm not of the 1v9 mentality, but you just have to meaningfuly contribute, not just be ahead of your lane.

a lot comes from general game knowledge that tells you when to make objective calls and how to play matchups and being really comfortable taking calculated risks which is probably the weakness most players share, not knowing when to take advantage of cooldowns and power spikes from items and levels.

faridmon

Just went up against a Voli with Heal, Ghost AND StormRaiders ... didn't know wtf to expect but he played cocky and didn't have Grasp soooo I made him see the light.

Another game, another case of the system not giving me mid for w/e reason. I just wanna play some mages without having to worry about the team being screwed over cause I went Zyra top or something instead of tanky top :(

You won't probably play mid for a while since they the update just came out and everyone is curious about the mage update mid.

You could try some top and see where that gets you.

Or supp lol

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like guinsoo might be more interesting for her, although vayne carrying around a blasting wand is gonna be hilarious lol

maybe they should've added an advanced item that's like amp tome + long sword + 300g that gives some ap and ad and a smaller on-hit stacking thing, like bami's cinder for guinsoo, tho maybe that with recurve bow makes a weird amount of on-hit stuffs.

but idk, i hate the idea of balancing items around bad build paths, that just sounds like bad design to me, and the guinsoo changes help a bit but it's still awkward af

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, Riot has managed to make Malz even more obnoxious to play against than before, bravo.
yea like i said when i saw the rework, malz's changes don't really fix anything that made him awful to play against. i think he's a little bit more interactive now, but that's about it

yea like i said when i saw the rework, malz's changes don't really fix anything that made him awful to play against. i think he's a little bit more interactive now, but that's about it
He's even less interactive. Malz at least had to somewhat control space aids in order to CS and aiming his Q was hard.

Now? You EW a wave and walk away with +6 CS, you get Rylai's and you keep refreshing his E forever with the now easy to land Q and you don't even need your ult to delete someone anymore.

Riot basically took everything that made Malz awful to play against, cranked it up to 11 and removed any counterplay he had.

zkylon

zkylewd
He's even less interactive. Malz at least had to somewhat control space aids in order to CS and aiming his Q was hard.

Now? You EW a wave and walk away with +6 CS, you get Rylai's and you keep refreshing his E forever with the now easy to land Q and you don't even need your ult to delete someone anymore.

Riot basically took everything that made Malz awful to play against, cranked it up to 11 and removed any counterplay he had.

that's very disappointing but i guess things are gonna be busted after what's essentially a second preseason

http://i.imgur.com/5zw6y3s.gifv

And he only had three items. I guess he used his passive twice, I misremembered, but it was still 3 autos + satchel. No lichbane either.

No way he doesn't have a huge amount of AP. Did they buff his passive bomb damage?

~~~

Dyrus is liking Tali. He freaked out that her mines were set off by dashes, when Irelia dashed through it

Also holy shit her Q area lasts for atleast 3 minutes

Leezard

So, we were speaking about the CLG analyst that classified champion difficulty in a better way than what is in the client right now.

Part 1 (Aatrox-Irelia)

Part 2 (Janna - Pantheon)

Part 3 (Poppy - Thresh)

Part 4 (Tristana - Zyra)

From what I've looked at it looks mostly well written and well thought out.

I think this is a good resource to have for both new players and intermediate players. A lot of effort has gone into this.

Samples:
qZWJkZn.jpg

Oh, a Rabadons. The match ended at level 17, and he's 16 in the gif, so with the new AP ratio on his passive(.5 at his level) in conjunction with Rabadons(Or a Large rod/blasting wand in inventory, unless he got 3k gold from that one push) it makes sense that he destroyed that tower.

With his items and level, I don't see anything wrong with the damage he did. Turrets also have less health now, and they're subject to penetration.

So yeah, a whole lotta nothing. You made it sound like he was some penniless ziggs with no items lol

And yes, it should matter if he has a large rod/blasting wand in inventory~ Juss saying @_@

He's a lotta fun, a very safe mid with long range poke and damage. He's fun to play as, most of all~
Yeah he seems like a mage i would like. Because usually one problem with mages is that they cant take towers that fast, but he is just going to be a tower buster. Which is something i like when playing solo Q.

zkylon

zkylewd
found someone named "zlykon jay", lol

gross

So, we were speaking about the CLG analyst that classified champion difficulty in a better way than what is in the client right now.

Part 1 (Aatrox-Irelia)

Part 3 (Poppy - Thresh)

Part 4 (Tristana - Zyra)

I think this is a good resource to have for both new players and intermediate players. A lot of effort has gone into this.

Samples:

yea i thought it was pretty good from what i saw

only issue is that he uses like a 20 point scale that seems like total overkill to me

glad's ori's at 10, that's really good for my ego :>

Leezard

I think she has a lot of sieging potential with the way her seeds spawn now.
Reddit seems to think she's super strong. Didn't get to test her in pvp due to bans though
She definitely has a lot more uptime on her plants now. Her lane harass is excellent. I would have to play her against one of the more tanky supports to judge her completely, but she seems to be one of the strongest harassers now.
yea i thought it was pretty good from what i saw

only issue is that he uses like a 20 point scale that seems like total overkill to me

glad's ori's at 10, that's really good for my ego :>
What do you think of adding it to the end of the OP of this thread? While it might not be accurate through the whole 2016, I think it's a good resource for anyone that wants to look up champs to play.

garath

Part 1 (Aatrox-Irelia)

Part 3 (Poppy - Thresh)

Part 4 (Tristana - Zyra)

Samples:

Wow. Pretty awesome. Don't like the recommended junglers but that's whatever. The champ analysis is pretty good

She definitely has a lot more uptime on her plants now. Her lane harass is excellent. I would have to play her against one of the more tanky supports to judge her completely, but she seems to be one of the strongest harassers now.
I hope Riot goes easy on the nerfs if any.

zkylon

zkylewd
What do you think of adding it to the end of the OP of this thread? While it might not be accurate through the whole 2016, I think it's a good resource for anyone that wants to look up champs to play.
yeah, maybe, gotta redo the second ot pictures cos place i was hosting them on copy.com is dead and all the links are broken now

next ot isn't too far away so idk if i'm not just gonna wait for that, maybe

i hope dobs helps me out with this one

cos if he doesn't, well, you'll see...

6YdSsBr.jpg

lame pic but, you know, get scared

Top Bottom