• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

It's probably more oppressive in mid because passive seeds usually spawn closer together so she can bring up a shit ton of plants at the same time lol

Leezard

i think it's very oppressive even midlane

very unfun to play against, reminds me of heimer in how much you gotta keep track of
It's probably more oppressive in mid because passive seeds usually spawn closer together so she can bring up a shit ton of plants at the same time lol
Shouldn't it be slightly less oppressive post-level 1 since mid zyra needs to cs as well? It's difficult to both focus on harassing and farming at the same time, I'm thinking. There might be more champs that can match her too, right? I'm thinking someone like Ziggs, Xerath, Malz.

I can imagine it's really oppressive if you have the wrong matchup.

I don't think I would like to lane against Zyra as almost any other support right now. She's so long ranged I think it would be difficult even with Nami. Blitzcrank or Thresh might be the best contenders.

She might be a bit broken since she can now harass on level 1 as well as she could harass on level 2 after waiting for two seeds, and she can do it with less downtime on level 1 now than before on level 2. It unlocked a lot of pain since nearly noone can match that harass.

Shouldn't it be slightly less oppressive post-level 1 since mid zyra needs to cs as well? It's difficult to both focus on harassing and farming at the same time, I'm thinking. There might be more champs that can match her too, right? I'm thinking someone like Ziggs, Xerath, Malz.
Csing isn't really a problem when you have pretty much the best ranged auto attack in the game

Hard

Banned
The buff seems kinda unnecessary tbh

BQwb7W.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd

I can imagine it's really oppressive if you have the wrong matchup.

I don't think I would like to lane against Zyra as almost any other support right now. She's so long ranged I think it would be difficult even with Nami. Blitzcrank or Thresh might be the best contenders.

She might be a bit broken since she can now harass on level 1 as well as she could harass on level 2 after waiting for two seeds, and she can do it with less downtime on level 1 now than before on level 2. It unlocked a lot of pain since nearly noone can match that harass.
i'm not sure about the cs stuff, i don't have a ton of experience against old zyra mid but i don't remember this kind of non stop harass. she just gets 2 or 3 plants pretty easy since her q is so long ranged and they last long enough to zone you off creeps or just retaliation. we traded flash/ignites at like lvl 4 and then i killed her at 6 cos fuck u im still syndra but i had to buy refilling potion and catalyst because of the crazy harass

i never really liked zyra even before the rework because i don't think turret gameplay in league is something that's very fun. i think it's fair they doubled down on it cos it's kind of the only interesting thing zyra had going on for her, but i think it could use some tweaking to make it less frustrating

if the q plants attacks were skillshots maybe i'd be happier, idk

So it's mainly to let him survive a tick from a dot or ignite? I guess he's using his Q heal anyway, but it feels like a weird buff.
i think that's percent, not flat hp

Leezard

i'm not sure about the cs stuff, i don't have a ton of experience against old zyra mid but i don't remember this kind of non stop harass. she just gets 2 or 3 plants pretty easy since her q is so long ranged and they last long enough to zone you off creeps or just retaliation. we traded flash/ignites at like lvl 4 and then i killed her at 6 cos fuck u im still syndra but i had to buy refilling potion and catalyst because of the crazy harass

i never really liked zyra even before the rework because i don't think turret gameplay in league is something that's very fun. i think it's fair they doubled down on it cos it's kind of the only interesting thing zyra had going on for her, but i think it could use some tweaking to make it less frustrating

if the q plants attacks were skillshots maybe i'd be happier, idk
Yeah, the main thing with Zyra now is that she has a lot less downtime on her harass, and that she is able to start harassing on level 1. The actual damage of each poking session is probably less now, but it matters little since she has so low downtime between her harass now.
i think that's percent, not flat hp
That would make lifesteal on Trynda during his ult really crazy.

Hard

Banned

So I played my first game as a Silver surfer today. Queued Top / Mid, got mid ofc. The difference in skill between B1 & S5 wasn't really noticeable, though disparity between silver players was. Around 15 minutes in, I was ahead of this Talon by more than 40 CS. Ofc I'm Annie, but this guy's CS'ing was weak, I expected more. Quinn straight up carried this game, just crapped on Olaf and went all over the map. We probably would have won much sooner had Jhin not sniped the rift herald. It's interesting to see how players carry on the other side. It's a refreshing change from my "bring the map to me" style.

Kinda disappointing tbh, I could totally get to Gold spamming Renekton if I wasn't going home to wi-fi this Summer.

Yeah, the main thing with Zyra now is that she has a lot less downtime on her harass, and that she is able to start harassing on level 1. The actual damage of each poking session is probably less now, but it matters little since she has so low downtime between her harass now.

Wait, it'd be %? Hahaha woooow

So I'm sure the MMR system has changed

what determines how many points you get

My W/L ratio is positive right now....I got 1 point less than my previous ranked match after this win though >_> It's not on a downard spiral, is it.

Leezard

Wait, it'd be %? Hahaha woooow

So I'm sure the MMR system has changed

what determines how many points you get

My W/L ratio is positive right now....I got 1 point less than my previous ranked match after this win though >_> It's not on a downard spiral, is it.

I dunno, % would be crazy. We'll see soon, I guess.

You get points depending on the relation between your hidden MMR, your actual rank, and the enemies you face/teammates you have. If you have better MMR than your rank, you might get +21/-16. If you have greatly better MMR you might get +30/-10. If your mmr is about right for your place you get something like +18/-18. If it's just one point less it's nothing to worry about. You might get one more or less point depending on your MMR in relation to the MMR of those you face.

I dunno, % would be crazy. We'll see soon, I guess.

You get points depending on the relation between your hidden MMR and your actual position. If you have better MMR than your rank, you might get +21/-16. If you have greatly better MMR you might get +30/-10. If your mmr is about right for your place you get something like +18/-18.

Hrm. I got 22 pionts. Last match I got 23 points(No losses in between). So I'm guessing I'm getting close to my 'real' mmr. But I'm going to have to blow past it to make the system remember that Diamonds are forever, aren't I?

v9xxxgY.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess that's kind of the idea, but considering midlane zyra solo'd baron on my game i'm not sure about less dmg lol

what can i say, i think my idea of letting her use seeds to upgrade her living plants and reset their timers was better :p

yeah, considering his lifesteal it's basically a really long kayle ult

scary

Leezard

Hrm. I got 22 pionts. Last match I got 23 points(No losses in between). So I'm guessing I'm getting close to my 'real' mmr. But I'm going to have to blow past it to make the system remember that Diamonds are forever, aren't I?

http://i.imgur.com/v9xxxgY.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I wouldn't think too much about it. Those are still good gains and your mmr will continue to rise.
[quote="zkylon, post: 202743723"]i guess that's kind of the idea, but considering midlane zyra solo'd baron on my game i'm not sure about less dmg lol

what can i say, i think my idea of letting her use seeds to upgrade her living plants and reset their timers was better :p

yeah, considering his lifesteal it's basically a really long kayle ult

scary[/QUOTE]
I don't know how fed zyra has to be be able to solo Baron. Did it go fast?

Calvero

Banned
i really don't like that launch skin, looks really washed out and i don't like the design

the lore stuff is cool i guess, but i'm not gonna read like 10 of those things, probably just gonna do azir, xerath, sivir and taliyah

also inquisitor skins are available

yeah Taliyah's launch skin is horrible. Much prefer her normal design.

D'Va has a "hue hue" taunt in the PTBR Overwatch dub

Guess I found a main

And come on, Yasuoliah is cool. Ice particles look much better, specially the workes ground one since you can actually see it

Bacon

Anyone else's mastery emotes stop working on this patch? Not being able to bm after dodging skill shots is pretty much the most painful thing for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
so is "get rockt" a thing for taliyah or i'm the only one that finds it clever

I don't know how fed zyra has to be be able to solo Baron. Did it go fast?
i hadn't thought about this but it's actually really key: this game was the three earth dragon game. so she had a ton of extra dmg against neutrals

that being said, i don't think she should be able to do that even with three of those dragons, that's just silly. specially that it took 20 freaking seconds lol

but it's not a small detail

yeah Taliyah's launch skin is horrible. Much prefer her normal design.
yeah i don't get it. they're usually really on point with the designs, this one is just weirdly ugly. it's washy and bland and nothing about it pops or excites or whatever.

i'm just waiting the pool party skin

D'Va has a "hue hue" taunt in the PTBR Overwatch dub

Guess I found a main

And come on, Yasuoliah is cool. Ice particles look much better, specially the workes ground one since you can actually see it
d.va is awesome. when she ults and drops a massive nuke she goes NERF THIS

she's the best

so is "get rockt" a thing for taliyah or i'm the only one that finds it clever

That's horrible

That's like they're trying to kickstart a meme

how long until an announcer goes 'OH GET ROCKT TALIYAH IS IN THE HOUSE BOOYAH' I'm going to cringe and punch somebody

Hard

Banned
Hey all,

We've got a balance hotfix that, all going according to plan, should be going out sometime late this week or early next week. It contains small to moderate buffs to Swain, Vlad and Cass and a small to moderate nerf to Malz. Our expectation is that we'll do additional work on each of those champions in the next patch too (these changes won't address all their issues). This hotfix isn't intended to be a massive change, more to take the edge off major balance outliers while we assess the reworked kit's learning curves, the state of the meta and work on additional changes. We're also looking at whether the Ocean Drake buff is too strong with one stack and might also make adjustments to that before 6.10, not sure yet.

Tentative change lists:

Cassiopeia: More useability and general power on Twin Fangs. Future changes (non hotfix) likely to focus on other skills)

E Cooldown to 0.75 from 0.9
E Mana cost to 40-80 from 60-80
E Range back to the previous range model (700 range center to center instead of 550 range edge to edge). On average slightly longer against small targets (like most other mid laners and minions), slightly shorter against large targets (like most tanks)
Malzahar: Higher mana costs to constrain pushing and jungling, less safe jungling, slightly weaker ult

Q mana cost to 80 from 60
W mana cost to 80 from 60
Neutral monster damage reduction to 50% from 75%
R damage to 5/7/9% from 6/8/10%
Swain: Increased damage on Q to account for its lower consistency, bug fix

Q damage to 30-110 from 25-85
R cast time on toggle on removed (unintended, shouldn't have shipped)
Vlad: Adding power, mid game especially, and increasing healing from empowered Q, in part to offset E cost

Q empowered missing health ratio increased to 4% AP from 2.5%
E base damage increased to 30-90/60-180 from 30-70/60-140

malz nerfs good

zkylon

zkylewd
taliyah champ insights: http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/n...preview/champion-insights-taliyah-stoneweaver

i was listening to the league community podcast on taliyah today

danielzklein is absolutely hilarious, the guy's adorable lol

honestly the podcast is really enjoyable, i skip the episodes that don't deal with league's design/don't cute girls like nikki taylor in em since those are boring and they're a bit disgustingly happy on rito love but they're pretty insightful and entertaining

if there isn't a pool party skin, i would lose all faith
yup, cuties deserve swimsuits

such is life

malz nerfs good
yeah, much deserved

i appreciate the hotfix, ppl may think "why they didn't catch this sooner"

reality is rito gets 1000x the feedback in 1 hour of live than in weeks of internal testing

That's horrible

That's like they're trying to kickstart a meme

how long until an announcer goes 'OH GET ROCKT TALIYAH IS IN THE HOUSE BOOYAH' I'm going to cringe and punch somebody
lol sorry

i came up with it when walking home and i thought i was so clever haha

patchday

So went ahead and played support Zyra since I couldnt secure mid.

my poor adc was begging to get last hits.

nope sorry I cant control my plants. the bloodthirsty little things are amped to whole another level now

starting to hope I can ride the Zyra wave out of bronze V

Nekofrog

Banned
If there are any legit stuck in Bronze people that want to duo with one of my fresh smurfs in ranked for the sole purpose of learning, let me know i'll be around tonight

WARNING: to offset me being plat smurfing in bronze, I will ONLY PLAY from the following list:

-Lane Eve (top or mid)
-ADC Gnar
-ADC Leblanc or Ahri
-Mordekaiser
-Nami mid or top
-Vi mid or top
-Yasuo anywhere

let me know

Top Bottom