• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
undyne_vs__kalista_by_puddingzz-da1ha4z.jpg

the only crossover i like more than an overwatch crossover is an undertale crossover

That sounds really bad. I've only seen him in the jungle, and I haven't had too many issues with him. I'm seeing reports of him soloing dragon at level 3 but I just haven't seen it ingame.
i think it may be salvageable, but it's def a flop

honestly idk what they were thinking, they literally removed a lot of counterplay with that passive, it's really strange

Yeah, I see what you mean. It sucks when you see 4 people push bot or something and then suddenly they get baron buff. Sure, Baron should've been warded but it's just so much pressure. I don't know what has to be done to remove it. Does Dragon still have that -50% damage on primary target? Otherwise giving it to Baron might solve it. I haven't seen someone solo Baron in a really long time though, so I'm unsure how big of an issue it is in practice.
yeah i mean, three earth dragons is not super common, but i'm guessing one or two will enable a few new champions to do it

It's hard not to want to apologize after playing a game as Lulu.
NEVER

lulu is awesome

I don't think I agree as a general principle -- like Nunu should probably always be able to solo objectives -- but I agree that champions that are great at, like, teamfighting like Zyra don't need to be able to solo objectives. Seems unnecessary.
i don't think anyone should be able to solo game deciding objectives, elemental dragons sure, but not baron, herald or elder dragons

i don't think that's very interesting

Leezard

i think it may be salvageable, but it's def a flop

honestly idk what they were thinking, they literally removed a lot of counterplay with that passive, it's really strange
I think his passive is fine, it's like Yasuo's passive except it can block some cc. You can proc it with some poke and then it's down for 20 seconds so you have a lot of time to exploit it.
His voidlings are insane though.
8 straight S's.
Cho the dream. Tried any ranked with him yet?

zkylon

zkylewd
it is

I think his passive is fine, it's like Yasuo's passive except it can block some cc. You can proc it with some poke and then it's down for 20 seconds so you have a lot of time to exploit it.
His voidlings are insane though.
problem is that yasuo is melee while malzahar is ranged and deceptively long range at that since space aids and voidlings mean he can be really far away to shove

yasuo passive is alright, he gets to shrug off some poke, but he's still succeptible to it because he's really short ranged.

malzahar just gets free cc immunity for no real reason. i don't really understand the need for that passive, i guess they mean to shift his weakness from his gank succeptibility to something else but they didn't really provide it and it just feels really bad to play against that

it's not like pre rework malzahar had a ton of counterplay, you couldn't just leblanc kill him like you would on someone like azir, because you're just gonna get ulted and killed if u dont have qss. now there's yet another reason not to interact with him.

what's the point of this passive, i don't get it

I got full metal pantheon. Idk why i bother with those I have the worst luck

i got harbinger kassadin

i also don't know why i bother lol

Leezard

it is

problem is that yasuo is melee while malzahar is ranged and deceptively long range at that since space aids and voidlings mean he can be really far away to shove

yasuo passive is alright, he gets to shrug off some poke, but he's still succeptible to it because he's really short ranged.

malzahar just gets free cc immunity for no real reason. i don't really understand the need for that passive, i guess they mean to shift his weakness from his gank succeptibility to something else but they didn't really provide it and it just feels really bad to play against that

it's not like pre rework malzahar had a ton of counterplay, you couldn't just leblanc kill him like you would on someone like azir, because you're just gonna get ulted and killed if u dont have qss. now there's yet another reason not to interact with him.

what's the point of this passive, i don't get it

Of course it's not directly comparable since they have different kits in general, but the principle is the same. You poke him once for a lot of downtime. Yasuo has less downtime but it's another kit. Someone like LB might be a bad matchup. Zyra/Ziggs/Xerath etc. should be able to poke the shield off easily though.

His kit is overtuned, but I think it's fine that they (wanted to) shift some power into his passive; his damage was reduced, in particular his E. His passive does have counterplay, and mostly reduces the ability to completely burst Malz before he has the chance to do anything, or allow him to get his ult off if he ults a target before taking any damage at all.

His W is still ridiculous right now and it's good that they are hotfix-nerfing him. I wonder if it'll be enough though.

zkylon

zkylewd
read the overwatch comics, i like them better than the league ones, they have more general world story and they got a lot more pages and writing to them

Of course it's not directly comparable since they have different kits in general, but the principle is the same. You poke him once for a lot of downtime. Yasuo has less downtime but it's another kit. Someone like LB might be a bad matchup. Zyra/Ziggs/Xerath etc. should be able to poke the shield off easily though.

His kit is overtuned, but I think it's fine that they (wanted to) shift some power into his passive; his damage was reduced, in particular his E. His passive does have counterplay, and mostly reduces the ability to completely burst Malz before he has the chance to do anything, or allow him to get his ult off if he ults a target before taking any damage at all.

His W is still ridiculous right now and it's good that they are hotfix-nerfing him. I wonder if it'll be enough though.
i mean, it's my opinion that malzahar needed way bigger changes that he got (starting with a completely new ult), so i don't think this was the right direction

it's frustrating to play against, if your champion doesn't outrange his ult you're basically zoned off, i really don't like how it feels

Leezard

read the overwatch comics, i like them better than the league ones, they have more general world story and they got a lot more pages and writing to them

i mean, it's my opinion that malzahar needed way bigger changes that he got (starting with a completely new ult), so i don't think this was the right direction

it's frustrating to play against, if your champion doesn't outrange his ult you're basically zoned off, i really don't like how it feels

I don't like playing against his ult either, but I am a bit torn on my opinion of it; I think there is a place for an ability that will completely lock down a target, especially when we are considering the mobility that exists in the game right now. I don't think there's a huge difference between it and say, Lissandra ult, considering they both are point and click cc. Liss ult has shorter range, but Malz doesn't have that mobility.

I still think the main issue is that his W/E might be too strong. Primarily the W.

Malz's ult is the least of his issues since it deals ways less damage to squishies than before.

The problem was and always will be space aids. The moment they said they'd keep his E I knew the rework would fail, and not only that but Riot gave him more tools to play with the spell without making it any less unbearable.

A targeted DoT whose counterplay is fucking eating the spell so it doesn't spread should not fucking exist in this game. I don't give a shit if its part of Malzahar's identity, it's one of the worst mechanics to ever grace League and if they're so bent on keeping it Malz can just rot in a ditch forever.
the only crossover i like more than an overwatch crossover is an undertale crossover

Malz's ult is the least of his issues since it deals ways less damage to squishies than before.

The problem was and always will be space aids. The moment they said they'd keep his E I knew the rework would fail, and not only that but Riot gave him more tools to play with the spell without making it any less unbearable.

A targeted DoT whose counterplay is fucking eating the spell so it doesn't spread should not fucking exist in this game. I don't give a shit if its part of Malzahar's identity, it's one of the worst mechanics to ever grace League and if they're so bent on keeping it Malz can just rot in a ditch forever.
I completely agree.
This is why i hate swain also but atleast there is counter play to him, DOT is the most annoying boring shit in the game, but atleast make the spell neat like teemo shooms, or cass poison. Not just some point and click bull shit.

patchday

Failed plat promos 6 times last season and never got it. 3-0'd it my first try this season.

Didn't hurt that jarvan is legitimately the freest of lo at low elo

1jpdH.png

Bonus points for the salty lucian

I am missing Jarvan. Need to get to work on unlocking him at some point

Grats yo

but shouldn't need him for a bit. trying to ride this Zyra wave for now.

Talents

Banned
Just added up all my games and I've played my Secondary role 8 more times than my Primary role this season. I'm so bored of adc...

Guess I should learn Kayle.

I mean, if riot wants to let such a toxic pos no-counter-play kit just be a thing in this game I guess I should embrace it and learn to make my games a no-fun zone.

garath

Wacthed nightblue play Diana jungle with the new rocketbelt thingy (I think?) and zhonya. Pretty potent.

I still haven't settled on some good quality junglers that fit my playstyle in the current meta :(

Wacthed nightblue play Diana jungle with the new rocketbelt thingy (I think?) and zhonya. Pretty potent.

I still haven't settled on some good quality junglers that fit my playstyle in the current meta :(
Oh fuck rocket belt would be dumb on her, with the way the rocket all do individual damage. Just get right in there face and use it and it would destroy.

Hard

Banned
Rocket Belt Annie w/ rylai's

muy bueno

also

giphy.gif

gonna have to test out new cleaver buffs on croc

i haven't played him since 6.9 dropped sickening

will try after my math final tonight

patchday

Talentz on EUW and I'm Mid/ADC. I tried to learn Jungle at the start of the season, but that's a no go for me.

being jungler can be frustrating sometimes. Last week or something like that the mid Malz is pinging like crazy the entire early game because he couldnt face Yasuo. LOL

it was so bad my other teammates noticed and complained on my behalf

Yeah I usually go mid/jg but lately been switching to mid/support for Zyra. I dont ever expect to get mid tho

zkylon

zkylewd
is friendliness pellets a line from undertale?

can't remember

I don't like playing against his ult either, but I am a bit torn on my opinion of it; I think there is a place for an ability that will completely lock down a target, especially when we are considering the mobility that exists in the game right now. I don't think there's a huge difference between it and say, Lissandra ult, considering they both are point and click cc. Liss ult has shorter range, but Malz doesn't have that mobility.

I still think the main issue is that his W/E might be too strong. Primarily the W.
that's fair, but i think lizzy's kit is really cohesive so she gets to get away with it. malzahar is just a really weird combination of spells that don't make much sense to me

so since the ult is boring i'd remove that

and lotion is kind of right, space aids is a big problem, and you can really tell they nerfed it a bunch so idk if that's such a big deal anymore. to me it's the zoning power of his passive+ult that feels really bad to play against, as well as his even stronger pushing prowess combined with the passive that feels like he gets away with way too much in lane

zkylon

zkylewd
so, my friends broke up while i was on dks3 leave and things are kind of awkward now haha

we can only invite one or the other and if by chance they're both playing she won't hop on skype or just stay quiet until he leaves. he kind of gets priority cos he's closest to one of my friends i guess so we play with him more but he's been branching out into like adc and support and it's the worst botlane play i've ever seen lol, it's awful so awful

so lesson here is a month of hookups ain't worth weirding out your ranked 5s team

It's like the first thing Flowey says to you

fking casual
well if it's the first thing flowey says i'm a lot more bound to forget it am i

unless you're one of those monsters that restarts it like ferrio

Yeah it is zky
tyty

Type2

As a bard main my mini map looks like a piece of shit wow add on with these new jungler changes. The dragon symbols make it hard to see if the area is already warded and overall it's just a lame change.

Add that with the fact that all the mages sprout out more fx than they used too it's a huge step back in visual clarity after all the hard work they did making abilities readable.

Quonny

As a bard main my mini map looks like a piece of shit wow add on with these new jungler changes. The dragon symbols make it hard to see if the area is already warded and overall it's just a lame change.

Add that with the fact that all the mages sprout out more fx than they used too it's a huge step back in visual clarity after all the hard work they did making abilities readable.

Wait until you have a Skarner on your team and Kindred on the enemy team.

candy minimap

garath

Wait until you have a Skarner on your team and Kindred on the enemy team.

candy minimap

Oh god. That sounds awful.

I don't like the timers because they are ugly. They don't fit the color pallette of the minimap and look tacked on.

I'm not against more transparacy for jungle timers but I don't like the way they presented it. I'd rather just a small table on the right with the timers or something.

Type2

Oh god. That sounds awful.

I don't like the timers because they are ugly. They don't fit the color pallette of the minimap and look tacked on.

I'm not against more transparacy for jungle timers but I don't like the way they presented it. I'd rather just a small table on the right with the timers or something.
We really are one step away from wow addons.
Install your buff timer uptime bar, jungle timers, minion wave counters, cannon wave voice alerts and more.

I'm obviously exaggerating but like you said it's just ugly and unintuitive.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think they wanted to get those things in the game for now and then tweak their prettiness

i agree that the minimap feels cluttered, but they'll probably smooth that out

btw balance chanegs on pbe, seems like buffs to anivia, swain, vlad and cassi, nerfs to malz

swain r cast time got removed which i think breezy will appreciate

Ocean is the best early game buff, having free sustain is super powerful, even just one is ultra strong
Fire is the best late game buff, it's free damage and it scales ultra hard if you stack it
Cloud is pretty nifty to have specially if you roam a lot
Earth is kinda poopers

i think they wanted to get those things in the game for now and then tweak their prettiness

i agree that the minimap feels cluttered, but they'll probably smooth that out

btw balance chanegs on pbe, seems like buffs to anivia, swain, vlad and cassi, nerfs to malz

swain r cast time got removyed which i think breezy will appreciate

List the Swain cyanges on the phone! I must habe it!

Earth is only good if you boost it with the Elder Dragon buff, IMO. Sure I'll take the extra damage to turrets but you won't see me contesting this thing.

Quonny

Earth is only good if you boost it with the Elder Dragon buff, IMO. Sure I'll take the extra damage to turrets but you won't see me contesting this thing.

This.

I mean, I'll take it, but I'm not gonna teleport for it and I'll ping my team back.

I almost think water is borderline OP if you get 2-3 stacks.

Ocean Drag is the best. Dat heal!
Fires OK I guess, more DMG is more DMG.
Earths good, helps you snow ball objectives if it stacks.
Air is ... ehh? Out of combat movement speed seems like it needs to be PRETTY STACKED to make an impact. But if all you have is air I guess it's best to get it off the map asap to get the other drags on the map or to stack it if it repeats.

And I think I just figured out how to play new Malz build wise. I rushed the New Book thing that restores 20% of mana upon leveling up, SIT ON IT, Get haunting guise, SIT ON THAT, get RCS then LT then upgrade the book.

Normally I'd just rush haunting guise and get RCS after on old Malz.

Water and fire are fucking redunkulous if you stack them, even more so if you get the Elder Dragon buff

24~36% AD/AP and 10~20% missing HP/MP every 8 seconds is B A N A N A S

Top Bottom