• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

just play Kha'Zix and Yi in the jungle, where they belong.
I don't JG.

#lane4lyfe

Yi works fine top as long as it's not a super bad match up from what I've played. Just chill, farm, play safe, get BoTRK and then you can try killing people.

Kha'Zix mid or top is def gonna be a "last pick" champ, no blind picking. I think he could do well against AS seeing as anyone with a leap/ dash kinda fucks his day up. Might try him into Kat cause she's being played a lot now and if you scare her enuff she'll use her blink to get CS.

The problem is every half decent laner will be a bad match up for Yi. Your one form of harass pushes the lane, you're useless without farm, you're immobile, you're squishy.

Even super passive stuff like Singed can just eat you up with minor jungler help because your kit just doesn't work with lane dynamics.

The problem is every half decent laner will be a bad match up for Yi. Your one form of harass pushes the lane, you're useless without farm, you're immobile, you're squishy.

Even super passive stuff like Singed can just eat you up with minor jungler help because your kit just doesn't work with lane dynamics.

Yeah, it's a struggle.

Anytime I play him top I get camped. Getting camped can be a form of help for the team as long as you know you're likely to get their JG attention and play around it so that they're just wasting their time trying to gank you. It's only worked out for me because I'm ok with "playing like a bitch" under tower until I can get some items that allow me to scare them off and only use Q to clear under tower and dodge harass.

Even tops with not-so-great early games like Jax are not something you want to fuck with cause many duelist tops have some kinda hard CC that will shut you down. But with just BoTRK and like part of a 2nd item really spikes your power.

Leezard

champion.gg has some stats for the new patch.

MLPgewS.png

With the exception of Malz, Fiddle hit the jackpot with the update. He'll probably get away without nerfs for a while, too.

zkylon

zkylewd
out of my mids, viktor got considerably higher winrate now (couldn't get any lower, could it lol) and syndra dropped a bit more

ori and lizzy seem to be a big deal higher too

really curious what to build on ori, i was thinking roa into morellos like i did with syndra but i can see tear into morellos being really good too

garath

champion.gg has some stats for the new patch.

MLPgewS.png

With the exception of Malz, Fiddle hit the jackpot with the update. He'll probably get away without nerfs for a while, too.

Oh yeah. Cheaper zhonya, rocket belt, probably things that benefit him quite a bit.

23qwerty

wow master yi's winrate now is straight garbo

I guess that's what happens when you nerf a champ because of an item and then remove that item

Hard

Banned
Normally I don't like Master Yi players, but he got absolutely Sejuani'd. I don't think the buff to Bloodrazor is going to help him, he really needs direct buffs.

Also:

bKvncL.jpg

Goddamn tank meta. I just laned against a Jax who rushed Randuin's Omen. This is seriously giving me Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, Takayasu Arteritis, and Angiolymphoid Hyperplasia with Eosinophilia all in one.

wow master yi's winrate now is straight garbo

I guess that's what happens when you nerf a champ because of an item and then remove that item
Nah, Yi would be shit regardless, Devourer Rageblade was a crutch, now he has to deal with the same bullshit as other auto attacky carries except he's melee so it's even worse.

Anything works if people let you grab 4000+ gold unscathed, I guess.

Lane Yi is a low ELO thing.

Yeah, I'm B2 and lots of people in my wooden potato Elo don't know how play with waves or when to harass or what match ups are good/ bad.

IDK how many times I've come out 10-15+ ahead in CS against a ranged champ because I'm melee and they figure that their range means they can AA me w/e they want ... leading to them forgetting to CS.

I'm still learning this stuff myself but I watch a lot of vids that help me with some basics. For example, I just found out that AS seems to hard counter Zyra. Him using his fucking W to CS kills my plants, didn't know about that when I picked her into him. Someone who is just OK with the Croc can stump any top I use other than Garen it seems cause I rarely play against him and it seems like I don't play many champs who can stand up to his bully ways early game. Wanna play assassins so that I can learn more about roaming as I normally don't leave lane until their tower is down or mine is taken.

patchday

out of my mids, viktor got considerably higher winrate now (couldn't get any lower, could it lol) and syndra dropped a bit more

ori and lizzy seem to be a big deal higher too

really curious what to build on ori, i was thinking roa into morellos like i did with syndra but i can see tear into morellos being really good too

viktor doing good huh?

btw what is your ign? I do not think you are zkylon (NA)

garath

Hmm. Tried fiddle jungle. I didn't have the right rune page with cdr. And the W didn't feel very strong. Dunno. I'm probably not a great fiddle. I had a good early game but just didn't make it work too well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it me or does scarra feed alot in most of his games, i just checked his op.gg to confirm it, everytime i tune in he is playing consistently terrible.

I know he is ex pro, doesnt need to tryhard but he seems to take the game really seriously, makes notes on his mistakes but does the stupidest stuff, especially when behind.

I miss old scarra :(

Wow, Cassio win rate is in the dumpster. I'm ready for the overbuff!

Surprised Viktor seems to be back. He can't reliably instagib people any more, but in team fights you can kinda just throw down your ult and run away while everyone gradually dies.

edit: wtf, Vlad is right down there with Cass. He felt so powerful to me. Probably my favourite rework.

jerd

I kinda love scarra. Probably my second favorite after voyboy, who also had a tendency to feed. Maybe that says something about me

Also:

bKvncL.jpg

Goddamn tank meta. I just laned against a Jax who rushed Randuin's Omen. This is seriously giving me Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, Takayasu Arteritis, and Angiolymphoid Hyperplasia with Eosinophilia all in one.

I'm not sure what randuins has to do with tank meta since it's a straight situational item now and most of its power is loaded into anti crit. It's actually insanely inefficient against non adc types and doesn't contribute to damage at all, which is the real problem with tanks right now.

"Tank meta" is full on meme status. People just use it any time they lose to a tank

I'm not sure what randuins has to do with tank meta since it's a straight situational item now and most of its power is loaded into anti crit. It's actually insanely inefficient against non adc types and doesn't contribute to damage at all, which is the real problem with tanks right now.

"Tank meta" is full on meme status. People just use it any time they lose to a tank

I'm gonna say that Nasus is pretty OP and he verifies the tank meta opness.

Then again it's just Nasus and he's always been like that.

Edit-Holy shit Swains winrate tanked. Fucking noobs trying him out.

Just had to dodge a game cause ADC wanted to ADC with Thresh. Is this a thing? Said in chat "So ... no one's gonna say anything about bot locking ADC?" and only got a lol.

IDK, I just knew that I was top, 3rd pick and the enemy team of course picked bot lane picks first and I didn't wanna deal with a game with no ADC and the possibility of being counter picked ontop of that.

My 2nd dodge of the day ... first was cause the enemy team last picked Yas and their comp was so confusing I didn't know if he was top or mid ... and I had AS locked in so I didn't wanna be bothered with that shit either.

23qwerty

full AD thresh is fucking hilarious btw

tumblr_nc71c5gLLb1sdk5d7o1_r1_500.gif

he has 200% ad scaling on his flay passive so it's not the worst thing in the world, it's not great though

First time playing with gaffers and it goes like this. :( I feel disgraceful.

*sigh* Gaaah.

Edit: That Voli focus.. I saw everyone go for him, that I felt the need to as well. Should have went for Lucian.

Gonna break my Diana break and try the new Rageblade on her (Plus Imma try to roam for once, need to get better about that.).

I mean, provided I get mid ..
EDIT- Noooope, it was so prefect. I was last pick Mid, enemy mid is Zed (I don't have a problem playing Diana into him) everything was good but the fucking JG picks Viktor JG.

I don't give a fuck if maybe it's some viable lil known thing, I'm not dealing with yet another possible troll JG this week. Def not with the enemy team having a fucking Shaco ...

Still trying to figure out where to fit Cooldown into swains build. I tend to go for Liandry than Zhongya and by then it's like 'why do I need cooldown'.

jerd

Zhonya and Abyssal have CD now? Goddamn Riot. Just give all mage items CD while you're at it @_@

Yeah that's the kinda shitty thing is you pretty much hit cdr cap with any build without even trying. I'm not sure if it was intentional but it seems like it takes a bit of strategy out of builds

I will never understand why I can wait 1:41 for a match to be set up and be given my SECONDARY role.

Why even bother asking for a primary role if your system isn't even gonna try to give it to me the the estimated amount of time? Feel like the 2 1/2- 3 min mark is where the system should just take the first open slot it finds.

Yeah that's the kinda shitty thing is you pretty much hit cdr cap with any build without even trying. I'm not sure if it was intentional but it seems like it takes a bit of strategy out of builds

I think Riot stated that they want it to be easier to hit max cdr. Now you don't have to buy Ionian boots on stuff like Viktor and Lissandra (if going for RoA), which is great. Manaless AP's like Kennen and Rumble also benefit since previously cdr was tied to mana items.

I don't think I'd ever want both Zhonya and Abyssal on the same build now. That's 2 items slots for what, 120 ap?

Type2

First time playing with gaffers and it goes like this. :( I feel disgraceful.

*sigh* Gaaah.

Edit: That Voli focus.. I saw everyone go for him, that I felt the need to as well. Should have went for Lucian.
First two games were rough. I'd work on csing and understanding enemy pathing. If you don't want to follow someone up on something ping them off. Sometimes people will still blame you but at least you warn them before they commit.
Playing against zyra is annoying as hell so I feel your pain there.

Tried Rageblade Diana ... not at all impressed. It feels much more like a ranged item now that it has to be stacked after 6 attacks.

Just played Voli vs Susan again ... we FFed @ 20. I solo killed him early but Shy kept camping my lane to get him back in the game and I didn't get one damn visit from the Lee I leashed (who also didn't get any damn drags and went 0/3/0).

Also, mid was Zed vs Kayle ... he fed early and it went exactly how you would expect.

EDIT2- Just dodged my last game for tonight cause someone locked in Nasus Jg and I was gonna make my first attempt at a Wukong game against a Darius ... seemed like a shit show ready to happen. :/

Tizoc

Still trying to figure out where to fit Cooldown into swains build. I tend to go for Liandry than Zhongya and by then it's like 'why do I need cooldown'.
Eh test our cdr runes
Give him 10% cooldown and then test hhim out
I personally like hedtech gpl on swain since u get 80 ap rght away also the active can help in landing his w
Consider maybe morello? Dang thing gives 100 ap now
U want hourglass for its active and armor it may not be much but it is a decent buff to have

so ends the Cho streak of S's at 12. Got punched in the gut with an A+, probably dropped after fountain diving them. Thought it was a good effort, having laned against an Azir and seeing multiple 3-man ganks before 10 minutes (died once diving his tower). Was like 6/2/8 or something like that and outfarmed everyone but a Yasuo on my team, IIRC.

jerd

Gonna break my Diana break and try the new Rageblade on her (Plus Imma try to roam for once, need to get better about that.).

I mean, provided I get mid ..
EDIT- Noooope, it was so prefect. I was last pick Mid, enemy mid is Zed (I don't have a problem playing Diana into him) everything was good but the fucking JG picks Viktor JG.

I don't give a fuck if maybe it's some viable lil known thing, I'm not dealing with yet another possible troll JG this week. Def not with the enemy team having a fucking Shaco ...

Tried Rageblade Diana ... not at all impressed. It feels much more like a ranged item now that it has to be stacked after 6 attacks.

Just played Voli vs Susan again ... we FFed @ 20. I solo killed him early but Shy kept camping my lane to get him back in the game and I didn't get one damn visit from the Lee I leashed (who also didn't get any damn drags and went 0/3/0).

Also, mid was Zed vs Kayle ... he fed early and it went exactly how you would expect.

EDIT2- Just dodged my last game for tonight cause someone locked in Nasus Jg and I was gonna make my first attempt at a Wukong game against a Darius ... seemed like a shit show ready to happen. :/

I generally wouldn't bother dodging normals. The outcome doesn't matter at all and you're not always gonna get a perfect meta fitting game. Just use weird games as ways to practice particular matchups and game knowledge as other people's picks will pretty much never influence those things. Obviously if there is just something you'd rather do for 10 minutes then dodge away but if it's just because people pick off meta stuff I don't really see a reason to dodge

I generally wouldn't bother dodging normals. The outcome doesn't matter at all and you're not always gonna get a perfect meta fitting game. Just use weird games as ways to practice particular matchups and game knowledge as other people's picks will pretty much never influence those things. Obviously if there is just something you'd rather do for 10 minutes then dodge away but if it's just because people pick off meta stuff I don't really see a reason to dodge

Oh, I love me some off-meta picks. I plan to go Sona Mid as soon as I get around to getting her.

But I feel like there's off-meta and there's troll picks that are just gonna give you a head ache for the next 20+mins. Like Nasus JG, I've had a game with one before and I know how much of a shit show it can become. i've had a Thresh top that worked GREAT because he can set up some great ganks and can hold his own top side vs melee champs ... wouldn't make him the ADC on a team though.

I feel like that kinda stuff should be reserved for playing around with friends. I mean, sometimes I'll go along with a game that has no ADC or some REALLY off meta JG (JG and ADC are the only roles I'm picky about. I have had games that felt unwinnable because "we basically have no JG (deaths to JG camps+counter Jg = they're under leveled and playing a champ that can't do shit without gold or levels)" or cause we don't have enough dmg).

If I smell a head ache I dodge and do something more interesting for 5-15 mins.

Top Bottom