• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Blind pick is the Dark Souls of League

Eh test our cdr runes
Give him 10% cooldown and then test hhim out
I personally like hedtech gpl on swain since u get 80 ap rght away also the active can help in landing his w
Consider maybe morello? Dang thing gives 100 ap now
U want hourglass for its active and armor it may not be much but it is a decent buff to have

Morellos gives that much? Hrm

Definitely will try something out when I play again

zkylon

zkylewd
QkCPsEo.jpg

feverseaaa

viktor doing good huh?

btw what is your ign? I do not think you are zkylon (NA)
battle bunny zky but i don't play much

idk if viktor's good, he felt much better to me but he was so deep in the dumpster before that it's not hard for him to improve

jerd

I'm surprised syndra is so bad when voyboy played her it was almost like veigar with her ult one shotting carries. I guess the power off her Q killed her sustained damage?

Wait I just noticed that everyone is still maxing E second which doesn't really make sense anymore

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm surprised syndra is so bad when voyboy played her it was almost like veigar with her ult one shotting carries. I guess the power off her Q killed her sustained damage?

Wait I just noticed that everyone is still maxing E second which doesn't really make sense anymore

yea for sure max w second

also like, i wouldn't say she's bad, she's just worse cos better oneshotting is not something you needed before and the multi stuns is so hard to set up and so situational that what you actually got is a bit less midgame damage on your q, and now you're forced to max w second which means you don't get as many qe stuns which is kind of her thing (offset a bit by lower cd on her e). she might also not mesh great with the new itemization, idk

i don't like the rework at all, the idea of syndra's passive is that when you max every spell you get an upgraded version of it, but now your maxed q is super lame. 2 seconds more duration on your balls? that's so fucking lame. you used to have what felt like an extra power spike and her balls getting extra vfx and everything. same with the w, i guess it can grab more balls but how often will you be able to do that.

and like they didn't do anything about her super lame maxed e which is the only one that actually needed to change.

if they wanted to have her balls last longer why not just put that in a passive on her ult, it's not like it makes her op to have it at 6 instead of 9. heck, make it 1/1.5/2 for every ult rank for all i care

syndra rework feels like a really safe rework that didn't do anything for her and changed her unnecessarily. want syndra to be back to being relevant? fucking buff her q back up so that it's not the weakest earlygame midlaner nuke. i think ryze q deals more dmg than syndra's ffs

Oh, I love me some off-meta picks. I plan to go Sona Mid as soon as I get around to getting her.

But I feel like there's off-meta and there's troll picks that are just gonna give you a head ache for the next 20+mins. Like Nasus JG, I've had a game with one before and I know how much of a shit show it can become. i've had a Thresh top that worked GREAT because he can set up some great ganks and can hold his own top side vs melee champs ... wouldn't make him the ADC on a team though.

I feel like that kinda stuff should be reserved for playing around with friends. I mean, sometimes I'll go along with a game that has no ADC or some REALLY off meta JG (JG and ADC are the only roles I'm picky about. I have had games that felt unwinnable because "we basically have no JG (deaths to JG camps+counter Jg = they're under leveled and playing a champ that can't do shit without gold or levels)" or cause we don't have enough dmg).

If I smell a head ache I dodge and do something more interesting for 5-15 mins.

thresh top n sona mid are even more troll than nasus jungle lol

at least nasus jg was an actual thing once.

Hard

Banned
8lMOGj.jpg

BAH GAWD KANG, Is Twitch meta again?

Nice. I remember main-ing him back in S4/5, though I could never do that well with him. I should pick him up again.

Tizoc

Blind pick is the Dark Souls of League

Morellos gives that much? Hrm

Definitely will try something out when I play again

No offense mate but did you really not read the Patch notes or just skim through all AP items? :p
I was legit shocked that Morello gives 100 AP now, but def. test out Hextech GPL on Swain and see if you prefer it :3
Oh and Warmog gives cooldown now too hah~

No offense mate but did you really not read the Patch notes or just skim through all AP items? :p
I was legit shocked that Morello gives 100 AP now, but def. test out Hextech GPL on Swain and see if you prefer it :3
Oh and Warmog gives cooldown now too hah~

item patch notes are boring so I tend to skip them

Leezard

8lMOGj.jpg

BAH GAWD KANG, Is Twitch meta again?

Nice. I remember main-ing him back in S4/5, though I could never do that well with him. I should pick him up again.

Twitch is looking really strong for some reason. I don't know what made him get that high winrate in this patch though.

Hard

Banned
Twitch is looking really strong for some reason. I don't know what made him get that high winrate in this patch though.

I think it's a combination of things

1. Cheap power spike (Ghostblade + Runaan's)

2. Snowball potential (Just press E to execute and secure kills)

3. Immobile mages are everywhere, making it easier for him to roam

4. Strong team fighting with his ult and AS steroids

5. Twitch is good against Lucian (which is everywhere)

6. Underrated laning phase

7. Kickass fan art

Leezard

There we go, D2. Just a little more until I get back to my personal best at D1. Playing with Talents today, we had two easy games. One where the enemy Rek'sai had Heal instead of Smite and one where everyone on our team performed well. The best part of the second game had to be that we canceled the enemy Viktor's series to D1.

Zyra has been fantastic so far too.

3. Immobile mages are everywhere, making it easier for him to roam
t

If anything, I guess it's this. It's the only real change this patch. Twitch has been kinda-strong a while though.

garath

I am genuinely beside myself. I don't think I can play League again today.

I have been on a terrible losing streak. It's not my teammates fault, it's mine. I haven't played nearly as well as I should have. But this game... I played very well. I fought for this win so hard. We had it in our grasp. 2 of their inhibs down, them stuck in base. We had vayne yasuo and me and we could have done baron super fast. But no, yasuo backs. Then the team mills around our own base and they get baron. They come at us and they're split. Thresh and Olaf bot and the rest mid. All we had to do was group, let malphite ult the Draven, Lux and Elise in the mid lane and then yasuo and me follow up, let the stupid bot inhib go. But no, malphite goes bot and I follow him because he's the initiation. Then suddenly I see Vayne dead and Malphite ults just lux and it's all over. WTF. It was the most obvious win condition ever and we couldn't execute. I'm so damn sad. I needed this win.

Z3gATN2.png

I mean...

BMDLZLp.png

What else could I have done?

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2181602099/42766588?tab=overview

The yasuo pushed lux constantly. The bot lane got smashed and even though I played clean up a few times there wasn't anything I could do to help them the way they were playing and the malph didn't use a single good TP. But somehow we were still in it. Ugh.

I think I love Eve in this meta though. With a little more practice I think I can make her really viable in most situations. Her early game is rough though. Really rough. They did something to nerf her early clears something fierce.

I sold the jungle item for thornmail in the end. Not sure if there was a better option. Maybe should have done a Zhonya's or something. Didn't have a lot of time to decide.

thresh top n sona mid are even more troll than nasus jungle lol

at least nasus jg was an actual thing once.

To me, Mid/ Top lane anything goes as long as it can be useful to the team and protect that tower.

I just normally go tanky top to put a tank on the team but I have done top Malz just cause I wanted to play him vs Cho.

First two games were rough. I'd work on csing and understanding enemy pathing. If you don't want to follow someone up on something ping them off. Sometimes people will still blame you but at least you warn them before they commit.
Playing against zyra is annoying as hell so I feel your pain there.

When it comes to CSing in mid lane, I don't have the greatest record. Lol Funny thing is, I still don't know how to tell somebody to fallback after playing for a good year. :p

Yeah, that was really rough on me with Veigar. It doesn't help that her buffs were so good.

I found it funny how I just never got support as well. One thing is, I need to learn Top Maokai. I've only really been taking him mid because of his sapling buff.

Type2

When it comes to CSing in mid lane, I don't have the greatest record. Lol Funny thing is, I still don't know how to tell somebody to fallback after playing for a good year. :p

Yeah, that was really rough on me with Veigar. It doesn't help that her buffs were so good.

I found it funny how I just never got support as well. One thing is, I need to learn Top Maokai. I've only really been taking him mid because of his sapling buff.
I like to invade a lot as jungle and I wasn't respecting your mid lane opponents enough with their dominant cs lead. Look up how to issue pings and try your best to communicate. Sometimes you have to trust a teammate that a situation will be successful if you come other times you don't join their feeding party. Your cages and stuff were good but you just fell too far behind. You can always look for defensive or sustain focused builds and do your best to secure farm if you lose lane.

Once I get support I started slapping the enemy botlane which felt great after two crappy games in the jungle. The singed/alkali one was particularly frustrating because I knew exactly where they would go and it kept me from my red side camps.

Ferga

Probably the emergence of immobile mids

All the good twitches I see just farm safely to 6 and roam mid whenever they can.

garath

I need to pick up a new mid-laner. Preferably something with mobility. Any suggestions?

Full tank Eve? Interesting.

Was 2 for 2 on pretty dominant games with her today. First I lost of course but the second my team steamrolled (thanks breakfasts for the good luck lol). I'm really liking Eve if you can get past the rough early start. I can't really do the buff second, have to do another small camp.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i still can't figure out how to play twitch

like i just get bodied by everyone in laning phase and get too far behind to catch up

Welp, just dodged a game cause the Trundle JG didn't have Smite and refused to reply to all of us begging him to take smite with 17 secs on the clock.

I think that's justified. I want dragons and I don't like sharing my lane cause "I didn't take smite, what am I supposed to do? :("

Bacon

i still can't figure out how to play twitch

like i just get bodied by everyone in laning phase and get too far behind to catch up

Same. He's one of the few adcs that I just cannot get a good game with. Even with draven I can usually fuck around and get a bunch of kills even though I'm not great at managing the axes. With twitch I just get totally fucked in lane and can't come back.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Same. He's one of the few adcs that I just cannot get a good game with. Even with draven I can usually fuck around and get a bunch of kills even though I'm not great at managing the axes. With twitch I just get totally fucked in lane and can't come back.

yeah, i struggle with other adc's like caitlyn or kalista but at least i kinda know how to use them and can have good games with them

with twitch i have no clue how to do anything but feed

Just won my first game with Fizz ... fuck, slippery champs are pretty damn fun!
2 people died just chasing me outta their base cause they had such a tunneled hard on for me.
But I can't CS with him for shit :/

Not sure if I'm building right with him or not.

you can build a lot of different ways with fizz really

Sammyroc

Neo Member
Yea he seems strong. I learned the hard way. He didn't even seem relevant and still managed double my damage output. That was an S performance from me. Didn't matter in the slightest.

Yeah, his passive change just lets him get so much free AP for doing basic things that he did before, and his ult has an insane AP ratio on it for how much AP he can get now. I can easily delete squishies with just my ult when they're at half-health.

Mark my words, Veigar will eventually take the spotlight if people realize how good his numbers are right now.

Leezard

I didn't think people would actually buy Rageblade on Vayne.

You're wasting around 900 gold for buying AP, but the question is, how much do you value proccing Silver bolts every 2 hits?

I haven't seen a Vayne perform well yet this patch, but I imagine it can still be a good second/third item or so.

After a 1-game break from S's, Cho is back in line.

6ME4baW.png

It's a really hard matchup for Yasuo, I find. He basically loses windwall every time he walks up to the lane and the silence forces him to fear the knockup. Sooner or later, he's gonna get caught.

Also a funny moment where i baited a Lee. I had maybe 20% hp and he landed Q. I knew he would come so I Q'd the ground before me. Sure enough, greedy Lee Q'd in, got knockuped and bit and bit right in the ass, removing him from the game for approximately 27 seconds.

;)

Don't know if this thread or the Championship thread in gaming is more important, but TDK, Renegades, and TIP are fucking dead.

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/competitive-ruling-renegades-and-tdk

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/competitive-ruling-team-impulse

Goddamn.

Which team was it last year(2 years ago?) that was poaching people/trying to poach a Rioter/get inside info from Rioter? Wolves something? Copenhagen Wolves? Not related but it reminds me of that.

Leezard

Goddamn.

Which team was it last year(2 years ago?) that was poaching people/trying to poach a Rioter/get inside info from Rioter? Wolves something? Copenhagen Wolves? Not related but it reminds me of that.

Yeah, that was CW with Deficio. He's banned from casting their games, and I think he was banned from dealing with them too.

Top Bottom