• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Breezy you better not be trolling me bout Nasus. buying him now (well hes so cheap)

I'm not even Joking

Tips on Nasus-
Have an MR page set up and an Armor page set up(That is, either MR quints or Armor quints)
Don't trade until you get Sheen
Don't spam E or W to harass unless you have your sheen as they use alotta mana
Always be wary of ganks. Expect to be ganked immediately at all times and this will help your laning.
Triforce is good, you can crit more than ADCs(With the exception of Cait and a charged up auto) with it and Q(I've done crits as high as 1600)
Farm as much as you can
Try to build Triforce first with a Glacial Shroud as a side item(And/or Spectres Cowl if the enemy is AP)
Merc Treads if they have heavy CC, Ninja Tabi otherwise
Spirit Visage should be the 2nd item you complete
Dead Mans Plate should be the 3rd
During the Mid/late game, either buy Warmogs for the 4k+ Health or Frozen Heart if they have heavy auto attackers

As always, be mindful of the opponent. For example Renektons and Rumbles can bully you levels 1-5, but once you get that Sheen you can efficiently trade with them. Sheen will also heal you about 80 health points on last hits(When you get Spirit Visage, which should be around level 9, you'll start healing for upwards of 200 health with each Q if it's been properly farmed), either way Sheen gives you a decent sustainability in lane as well as letting you trade efficiently(If your Q farm has been good, you can chunk your opponents of their health.)

Once you reach level 10-12, you'll be able to win any fight 1v1 and the opponent will have to gang up on you. If you reach level 16 and are decently farmed as well as completing a few items, even the whole enemy team will have trouble taking you down(Making you the perfect initiator/peeler).

As for your wither, that's a whole other minigame right there. Wither priority is as follows-
1.Enemy ADC that can't cleanse out of it immediately
2.Enemy Mid
3.Everyone else

During laning-
1.Use Wither if a gank is right there
2.Trade with the opponent if you have Sheen with Wither, you can usually get 1-2 Q hits before it runs out post level 5(It's easy to cause them to waste flash)
3.Always use wither during the beginning of a trade, not to chase. Since it lasts for 5 seconds and increases over time, not only will they not be able to trade as efficiently, but they'll be forced to flash if they're trying to run.

For his E-
1.E is only good for farming if you have a huge wave and you're not under tower
2.E lowers the enemies armor, so because of this it will cause your tower to hit minions alot harder(Thus bad for farming under tower)
3.Because of its property, the combo for attacking an opponent is E+Q. This will guarantee your Q will hit massively, and even though it's mana intensive, if the opponent doesn't have pots, 2 or 3 applications of this combo will guarantee your opponent leave the lane(Easy to do if the opponent is melee).
4.E is a great finishing move since its damage is frontloaded, many a time I've had an opponent flash with sub 200 health thinking they got away, but being able to E them and kill them is satisfying.

On his R-
1.It gives him a huge health boost
2.It increases your own base attack as long as you stand near enemies
3.It also does %damage to enemies, meaning that the longer they stand with you the faster they die
4.You can use it to avoid 'executions', IE Lux laser or Gangplank ulti, because of the health steroid
5.If an opponent has ignite, you'll still gain the full HP, another way to deny ignite killing you

Nasus is great when played properly. But at the same time he does have shortcomings, such as a dangerous early game and dependency on his Q stacking as well as items to round him out. He can't trade early against some characters that are aggressive and have front loaded damage(Irelia, Rumble, Renekton). For these cases its best to work on farming Sheen and then trading with them, they can't heal fast enough compared to Nasus to trade effectively.

Leezard

Good old season 1 ranked. I played ranked for a week or so after release in season 1, I got up to 1550 elo or so by playing Mordekaiser, Vlad and Katarina. You started on 1200 elo. 1550 was something like low gold back then, which is similar to low/mid plat now. Then I didn't play any more ranked until the end of the season; I got up to 1850-1900 elo or so, the limit to get Plat was 1950, IIRC.

Good old season 1 ranked. I played ranked for a week or so after release in season 1, I got up to 1550 elo or so by playing Mordekaiser, Vlad and Katarina. You started on 1200 elo. 1550 was something like low gold back then, which is similar to low/mid plat now. Then I didn't play any more ranked until the end of the season; I got up to 1850-1900 elo or so, the limit to get Plat was 1950, IIRC.

And there was no Diamond back then, right? Man. Those were the days.

Leezard

And there was no Diamond back then, right? Man. Those were the days.

Yeah, Plat was the best rank.

Bonus points that there was a large period of time during S1 where you did not get any penalties for dodging. I never abused it but I should have if I really wanted to climb.

jerd

I was a 3v3 only player. Randomly decided to jump into ranked at the end of season 3 with like 15 total SR games, all of which I played in duo lanes like Maokai/Xin. Hung around mid silver as a jungle main with literally 0 game knowledge. I would occasionally get lost on the map

zkylon

zkylewd
i gotta say, idk what everyone else is building, but i'm rushing roa like every game now

roa->morellos/zhonyas->deathcap

i really like it, tried it on lulu, lizzy and lux and it felt really good on everyone, i get a ton of sustain in lane to look for aggressive trades and it's easy to move to ap after i finish my roa

Leezard

New Athenes feels good too. I prefer it to Mikael's, and I'll only buy Mikael's if the active is actually needed.

The only awkward part is that it gives 20% cdr so I want to get swifties instead of lucidity. It makes it so I have to plan the build path earlier in the game.

Leezard

What was the change on Athene's?

It's now a support item. It's cheaper and gives less AP.

It gives your next shield or heal on an ally an extra heal equal to a percentage of the damage you dealt (pre-mitigation) to enemies since your last heal.

For an active damage dealing support that typically means around 100-150 extra heal every time you use your heal/shield in a team fight. There's a cap depending on your level, at lvl 18 the cap is 270.

It's a really big boost compared to what AP scaling does to healing.

Calvero

Banned

It gives your next shield or heal on an ally an extra heal equal to a percentage of the damage you dealt (pre-mitigation) to enemies since your last heal.

For an active damage dealing support that typically means around 100-150 extra heal every time you use your heal/shield in a team fight. There's a cap depending on your level, at lvl 18 the cap is 270.

that's really cool

Sammyroc

Neo Member
As with the rest of her changed splashes, pure anime.

I can tell you what she's not wearing, though, and that's undies.

faridmon

I am on a bad losing streak.

Got promoted back to Bronze 1, but as a support and with Riot trying to balance team out, I get laned with adc, who are in Bronze 4 and 5 and I am having tough time supporting them at all. I know you guys advised me to act independently and just have more utility option for the whole team, but on the laning phase its just harder and harder to actually have some small advantage since the enemy team know how to farm way better.

also it doesn't help the fact I am super rusty with Morgana

I think I am going to be stuck on Bronze 1 and even drop to bronze 2 for while.

Oh man, have to try it out on Sona.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Type2, Breezy, Breakfast. Yall willing to rank Friday? If we find a 5th it'd be nice to get a 5 man going to get some practice in since we're all the same rank and everything.

garath

Type2, Breezy, Breakfast. Yall willing to rank Friday? If we find a 5th it'd be nice to get a 5 man going to get some practice in since we're all the same rank and everything.

I'd do that except my playtime isn't the longest. I usually get a game or two around 7pm est.

Type2 - support
Kayos - ?
Breezy - top
Breakfast - jungle/top
Garath - jungle/ashe

It almost works if you are mid

kayos90

I'd do that except my playtime isn't the longest. I usually get a game or two around 7pm est.

Type2 - support
Kayos - ?
Breezy - top
Breakfast - jungle/top
Garath - jungle/ashe

It almost works if you are mid

I can play ADC proficiently and flex to top if need be. Ideally i'd like to play ADC since I do not enjoy playing tanks. I suck at mid now. I haven't played mid since season 2/3.

patchday

I'm not even Joking

Tips on Nasus-
Have an MR page set up and an Armor page set up(That is, either MR quints or Armor quints)
Don't trade until you get Sheen
Don't spam E or W to harass unless you have your sheen as they use alotta mana
Always be wary of ganks. Expect to be ganked immediately at all times and this will help your laning.
Triforce is good, you can crit more than ADCs(With the exception of Cait and a charged up auto) with it and Q(I've done crits as high as 1600)
Farm as much as you can
Try to build Triforce first with a Glacial Shroud as a side item(And/or Spectres Cowl if the enemy is AP)
Merc Treads if they have heavy CC, Ninja Tabi otherwise
Spirit Visage should be the 2nd item you complete
Dead Mans Plate should be the 3rd
During the Mid/late game, either buy Warmogs for the 4k+ Health or Frozen Heart if they have heavy auto attackers

As always, be mindful of the opponent. For example Renektons and Rumbles can bully you levels 1-5, but once you get that Sheen you can efficiently trade with them. Sheen will also heal you about 80 health points on last hits(When you get Spirit Visage, which should be around level 9, you'll start healing for upwards of 200 health with each Q if it's been properly farmed), either way Sheen gives you a decent sustainability in lane as well as letting you trade efficiently(If your Q farm has been good, you can chunk your opponents of their health.)

Once you reach level 10-12, you'll be able to win any fight 1v1 and the opponent will have to gang up on you. If you reach level 16 and are decently farmed as well as completing a few items, even the whole enemy team will have trouble taking you down(Making you the perfect initiator/peeler).

As for your wither, that's a whole other minigame right there. Wither priority is as follows-
1.Enemy ADC that can't cleanse out of it immediately
2.Enemy Mid
3.Everyone else

During laning-
1.Use Wither if a gank is right there
2.Trade with the opponent if you have Sheen with Wither, you can usually get 1-2 Q hits before it runs out post level 5(It's easy to cause them to waste flash)
3.Always use wither during the beginning of a trade, not to chase. Since it lasts for 5 seconds and increases over time, not only will they not be able to trade as efficiently, but they'll be forced to flash if they're trying to run.

For his E-
1.E is only good for farming if you have a huge wave and you're not under tower
2.E lowers the enemies armor, so because of this it will cause your tower to hit minions alot harder(Thus bad for farming under tower)
3.Because of its property, the combo for attacking an opponent is E+Q. This will guarantee your Q will hit massively, and even though it's mana intensive, if the opponent doesn't have pots, 2 or 3 applications of this combo will guarantee your opponent leave the lane(Easy to do if the opponent is melee).
4.E is a great finishing move since its damage is frontloaded, many a time I've had an opponent flash with sub 200 health thinking they got away, but being able to E them and kill them is satisfying.

On his R-
1.It gives him a huge health boost
2.It increases your own base attack as long as you stand near enemies
3.It also does %damage to enemies, meaning that the longer they stand with you the faster they die
4.You can use it to avoid 'executions', IE Lux laser or Gangplank ulti, because of the health steroid
5.If an opponent has ignite, you'll still gain the full HP, another way to deny ignite killing you

Nasus is great when played properly. But at the same time he does have shortcomings, such as a dangerous early game and dependency on his Q stacking as well as items to round him out. He can't trade early against some characters that are aggressive and have front loaded damage(Irelia, Rumble, Renekton). For these cases its best to work on farming Sheen and then trading with them, they can't heal fast enough compared to Nasus to trade effectively.

Thanks Breezy! Will practice him in a bot match and then hop straight into Normals. Will print out these tips (looks like a nice guide)

garath

I can play ADC proficiently and flex to top if need be. Ideally i'd like to play ADC since I do not enjoy playing tanks. I suck at mid now. I haven't played mid since season 2/3.

Hmm. I guess that would leave breakfasts or me mid. I can play a passable ahri and talon. Used to be a mean zyra support. Bet I could play her mid.

My mid play is about as good as a breakfast burrito from a gas station in the middle of nowhere. But, yeah, I'm down to play w/e.

edit: just make sure we pick or ban Kindred so we don't get waxed by one of those Taric/Kindred combos again.

garath

Well I'll be on Friday night around 7pm est (plus or minus 10 min depending on the toddler) ready for some gold ranked. I'll pick up that mid slot if no one else wants to. Or if breezy isn't on then neko can mid, I can jungle and breakfasts can top or something.

We can make it work.

pigeon

Banned
Thanks Breezy! Will practice him in a bot match and then hop straight into Normals. Will print out these tips (looks like a nice guide)

Just going to put out here that I don't really agree with this build path. The entire point of playing Nasus is that he gets damage for free with every last hit. His largest damage scaling stat is CDR. He does not need to build Triforce early.

I would rush Frozen Heart against physical or Spirit Visage against magic, then get the other one for 30% CDR and a lot of tankiness. I used to build Sheen next to get 40% CDR but I would actually not do that any more -- I would build Warmog's now that it has CDR on it. You will do plenty of damage without Sheen/Triforce and be impossible to kill. It is possible that this is stupid and you should still build Sheen into Triforce or Gauntlet, but I definitely would build tank first.

zkylon

zkylewd
feels really good on damn near everyone.
yeah, i think i'd still wouldn't buy it on like xerath and velkoz and i only built it on lux cos i was against lb (btw madlifeing her trashy diamond distortions all game long was supremely satisfying lol)

i think on long range mages i'd still rush morellos if doing an easy matchup, same for ahri and leblanc. i'm not sure about viktor, i feel doing one core upgrade into roa could work really well for him since his q shield scales off mana now but it's probably still better to do triple core into morellos.

i'd say mage itemization is not really better than before, outside of zhonyas/abyssal being a lot less dumb. like, i don't disagree with the changes to athenes but roa feels way too good as a laning item to the point that i rush it on everyone and that's not great

and i don't think roa is op, it just took the place of athenes cos morellos is just not the greatest laning item since it has nothing for defense and only has mana regen. the new tome thingie just doesn't feel great in lane, i've not seen anyone build that and i've been just getting fiendish codex and sitting in it in case i need to go zhonyas

Just going to put out here that I don't really agree with this build path. The entire point of playing Nasus is that he gets damage for free with every last hit. His largest damage scaling stat is CDR. He does not need to build Triforce early.

I would rush Frozen Heart against physical or Spirit Visage against magic, then get the other one for 30% CDR and a lot of tankiness. I used to build Sheen next to get 40% CDR but I would actually not do that any more -- I would build Warmog's now that it has CDR on it. You will do plenty of damage without Sheen/Triforce and be impossible to kill. It is possible that this is stupid and you should still build Sheen into Triforce or Gauntlet, but I definitely would build tank first.

That's why I build a glacial shroud early to just have, because that and sheen is 20%. And I usually build Triforce because I'm confident that I can get more kills with it, and the proc from Triforce is stronger than sheen making 1 hitting minions alot easier.(Not to mention it makes trading with him dangerous).

That's just me though and how I currently build him. I was going to put 'Build SV/DMP first before triforce' but that would go against how I'm currently playing him.

CDR is important for Nasus, but once you build Sheen+Glacial Shroud you're at a good starting point CDR wise that you can afford to build Triforce(I also use scaling MR Blues/Armor Yellows along with either MR/Armor quints depending on what their comp favors which helps in my survivability pre-SV/DMP.). Triforce is really strong for chasing too simply because of the MS boost and the Phage proc(Which allows me to take flash instead of ghost)

Nekofrog

Banned
Newt have you tried black cleaver on ashe yet? Tabbz said her q applies 4 stacks of its passive in 1 auto and with runaans you shred the entire team in an instant

Also rito nasus is best

garath

Newt have you tried black cleaver on ashe yet? Tabbz said her q applies 4 stacks of its passive in 1 auto and with runaans you shred the entire team in an instant

Also rito nasus is best

Good grief. That sounds broken as hell. I love it. Buying it next.

pigeon

Banned
CDR is important for Nasus, but once you build Sheen+Glacial Shroud you're at a good starting point CDR wise that you can afford to build Triforce(I also use scaling MR Blues/Armor Yellows along with either MR/Armor quints depending on what their comp favors which helps in my survivability pre-SV/DMP.). Triforce is really strong for chasing too simply because of the MS boost and the Phage proc(Which allows me to take flash instead of ghost)

Movement boost is valuable. I should note that I have been building Stormraider Nasus, so I get the big speed boost from that when I'm going for the kill. That makes the Phage proc less necessary.

Movement boost is valuable. I should note that I have been building Stormraider Nasus, so I get the big speed boost from that when I'm going for the kill. That makes the Phage proc less necessary.

Ew. I get the health boost from big minions since it helps with this whole 'triforce first' build.

Yeah I'm going to start practicing some Darius

all this Nasus talk is making me uneasy

Spoilers:
Nasus makes Darius his bitch

kayos90

Thanks for all the responses. Look forward to getting something going. Ideally I would love to get a consistent 5 man going if possible to be honest.

Nasus makes everyone his bitch, eventually.

Just gotta end the game before we get to that point.

No I mean

Darius cannot win against a competent Nasus in lane, no matter how hard he tries. If you really want to shutdown Nasus and set him behind before the doomsday clock reaches midnight, you pick Teemo. I wish I was joking.

Calvero

Banned
I like picking Teemo into Nasus. I don't even care about winning, but it's hilarious to tilt him by Blinding him right when he Qs for a stack.

Repgnar

I am on a bad losing streak.

What have you been playing mostly besides Morgana? I've been playing Blitz a ton this season and have been pretty successful with him regardless how good the ADC is. Thresh is pretty similar with his hook but gives a bit more utility for ganks/escape/teamfights/etc. Braum is another strong pick but requires a bit more from your ADC(Proccing passive, going in with you) but gives the best support for team fights of the three.

Top Bottom