• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Just kill Tank Ekko already.

Agree with this. It's just so clearly not how the character was designed or envisioned to be used. I mean, it's there to abuse and all so w/e, but it's just all reward and no risk. I guess there's no real way to fix it. Not like you can neuter an item just for him somehow. Oh well. Can't beat em, join em.

Quonny

I can imagine. Looking to playing her up to rank 5. being able to split fights in half or keep people from retreating like an Anivia wall on steroids is pretty exciting. Her combo seems really challenging to hit consistently too.

Her + any ADC that can all in at level 3 is super scary. The burst and CC is insane.

Xeilyn

Anyone tried Taliyah in the jungle? Her early clear seems weak and the worked ground kinda ruins things but her ganks seems strong. Im a noob and not even lvl 30 yet so i guess i shouldnt try it but would like to hear some opinions from someone more knowledgeable

Quonny

Interesting. So are you finding her better as a support? The videos seem to suggest she's designed as a mid carry.

She has all the tools of a good support. She has CC, she has really, really strong disengage, strong engage, and her base numbers are high. She also scales very well off CDR and doesn't require AP to be effective.

We'll see.

pigeon

Banned
Anyone tried Taliyah in the jungle? Her early clear seems weak and the worked ground kinda ruins things but her ganks seems strong. Im a noob and not even lvl 30 yet so i guess i shouldnt try it but would like to hear some opinions from someone more knowledgeable

I don't think Taliyah's ganks would be particularly strong, really. She has a cone ground slow and a delayed skillshot knockup, no particular tankiness, and no dash. Basically she wants to get behind you and like, put down boulders? I'd rather have Rammus, who is just as fast running from lane to lane.

Kenai

Interesting. So are you finding her better as a support? The videos seem to suggest she's designed as a mid carry.

I haven't gotten to try her mid and I am biased toward making non supports work as supports, but she does remind me of a bit of Zyra mixed in with a bit of Anivia.

Ironically ADCs who can ignore her ult with dashes are the optimal ADCs to punish during the laning phase with her W + E combo.

Xeilyn

I don't think Taliyah's ganks would be particularly strong, really. She has a cone ground slow and a delayed skillshot knockup, no particular tankiness, and no dash. Basically she wants to get behind you and like, put down boulders? I'd rather have Rammus, who is just as fast running from lane to lane.
Yeah maybe not i guess. But her ult is really good at cutting people off to secure a kill, if they vault over the wall you just throw them back

Quonny

It's a good step, and I appreciate how careful they're being with it so it isn't exploited, but 99% of my 4v5 games aren't someone never connecting or disconnecting for 90 seconds in the first 180 seconds, it's someone connecting, disconnecting, connecting, disconnecting, then saying fuck it and just staying disconnected. Probably less than 0.5% of my 1000+ games had someone either never connect or only disconnected right as the game started.

I mean, it's good, this is not a bad thing. The prereqs are very strict, but they have to be.

pigeon

Banned
"I think they're 4v5. Go ahead and give first blood so they can't remake out."

Seriously, it's a good start. Good to be careful first. I think the parameters are going to need some expansion.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
8iO3HHY.jpg

doing what huni never could :>

came back from a 7k gold deficit and 2 inhibs destroyed to win this

Swain seems so shit top, you can just bully him without even touching him by sitting on his Q with a Cowl, taking no damage and denying him CS/mana lmao

Once he gets going he's scary but in lane with someone building tanky he's a joke.

It's like 2014 all over again like with the range nerfs. Why even bother playing him now?
You mean those range nerfs that would destroy him because he didn't have the tools to exist at 500 range but in turn made him the best ADC in the game because of the mobility he got in return? : ^)

Don't think I've forgotten that, Costy-kun

Seriously now, the range nerf is whatever in comparison to the Q damage reduction, now that's gonna fucking sting forreals.

All these nerfs are great. But that means that other edge cases are going to start gaining traction...and it goes against my own philosophy of 'Buff the weak stuff to the level of the strong stuff'.

Like that Azir ult nerf...is extremely a bit over the edge. Poor Azir.

Hard

Banned
You mean those range nerfs that would destroy him because he didn't have the tools to exist at 500 range but in turn made him the best ADC in the game because of the mobility he got in return? : ^)

Don't think I've forgotten that, Costy-kun

Seriously now, the range nerf is whatever in comparison to the Q damage reduction, now that's gonna fucking sting forreals.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you don't remember the Lose-cian period of the LCS? He was in a straight garbage spot for awhile until he got buffs.

Nekofrog

Banned
No directly after his rework he was one of the most broken champions in the game. I remember laughing at Newt because he said lucian was dead but anyone who read the actual patch notes saw he had a legit 0 second cd dash as early as level 5.and it removed slows. And I think it cost 0 mana.

This caused solo lane lucian to rise for a while, and it wasn't until nerfs to him and itemization caused him to become losecian.

Time lines people

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you don't remember the Lose-cian period of the LCS? He was in a straight garbage spot for awhile until he got buffs.
Those nerfs were damage nerfs when they gutted his passive and put his Q and I think his ult down a notch.

The only thing most range nerfs do - aside from massive range nerfs like making a skill that is global not global anymore - is make the champ riskier to play, making mistakes more punisheable without directly shaving off power.

The Q range change just means he needs to be closer for Q harass. The Q damage change on the other hand directly fucks him in the backdoor.

It looks reasonably cool to me, like Kya from Legend of Korra.

Yeah, I like it and I don't get the hate. :/

I dislike that the bundle cost as much as Mech Sion. Like, I love me some Sion and I want that skin some day and I like her as a champ and love that skin ... but I haven't played her yet so IDK if she meshes with my style.

Kinda like how I'm glad I kept myself from bothering with the AS skin.

I could blow my 8k IP on her but ... no, I want to use that on 4k and 1k champs.

Top Bottom