• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFatOne

URF should be a permanent game mode. Garen is still a beast, but I do love me some bard. Also, to the gaffer who suggested Shen that dude is a beast in urf. Fuck walking just tele everywhere.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just dodged a game because someone locked in Morde support and Thresh Mid

That's honestly probably the best game I've had lately

Huh..uh...huh. That's an interesting combination.

...Then again when Thresh came out I liked taking him top because his Q steroid was ridiculous back then.

~~~
Edit: They didn't ban Malzahar. I'm playing Malzahar top. What the fuck do I build on Malzahar.

Update 1-Oh my god what the fuck I have like 20 minions

Update 2-What the fuck space aids

Update 3-It turns out I don't know how to play the new Malzahar, RIP

Blizzard

Banned
Why do Swain's most popular and highest winrate mastery pages not use thunderlord's? I thought thunderlord's on Q would be a good thing, but I guess the other tree is stronger?

Why do Swain's most popular and highest winrate mastery pages not use thunderlord's? I thought thunderlord's on Q would be a good thing, but I guess the other tree is stronger?

Hrm. Q probably constantly reapplies it, E meanwhile....might only tick once? Unless it's constantly applying it. I'd have to test it out~

Blizzard

Banned
Hrm. Q probably constantly reapplies it, E meanwhile....might only tick once? Unless it's constantly applying it. I'd have to test it out~
Thunderlord's has a cooldown. Q keeps ticking and applies it, E doesn't, but either way you have to wait 25 to 15 seconds based on level to do it again.

I'm just curious why the Deathfire Touch tree is stronger -- because of the offensive options I assume.

Thunderlord's has a cooldown. Q keeps ticking and applies it, E doesn't, but either way you have to wait 25 to 15 seconds based on level to do it again.

I'm just curious why the Deathfire Touch tree is stronger -- because of the offensive options I assume.

Once you get to 6, I imagine each crow individually applies it, so his aoe damage will skyrocket I assume.

Hmm..which brings to question, does his R count as an AoE or as a single target? Either way in teamfights that's one way to deal massive damage(Because even at 2 second effectiveness, with 200-300 ap, his ulti will do an additional...wait...

Area of effect: 2 seconds for a total of 4 (+ 12.5% AP) (+ 30% bonus AD) magic damage.

One single target application of Deathfire Touch requires ~1150 AP to match the damage of a single Thunderlord's application or 64 AP per level. Deathfire Touch overtakes Thunderlord's Decree in DPS at 218 AP at level 18.

Ok well I don't know why people pick it. I wish there was some sort of sandbox mode so I could test it out~!

Edit-
On a side note, the games decided to start giving me 25 LP per win again. It remembers that I am diamond.
v9xxxgY.jpg
Edit-Edit-

For my Silver Sisters and Bronze Brothers, I believe in you-

Blizzard

Banned
Silver 4 and silver 5 player duo queue, 1:30 a.m. EDT. Bot/top and mid/jungle picked.

5 minute queue, restart
5 minute queue, restart
1-2 minutes for a lobby

I even asked a Rioter if I might be in a low-priority queue. They said the game would tell me if I was.

Silver 4 and silver 5 player duo queue, 1:30 a.m. EDT. Bot/top and mid/jungle picked.

5 minute queue, restart
5 minute queue, restart
1-2 minutes for a lobby

I even asked a Rioter if I might be in a low-priority queue. They said the game would tell me if I was.

pick support, get insta queued?

I imagine that in lower elos, everyone wants to go the 'cooler' roles. Everything but support?

Worth an experimentation.

Support usually gets quick lobbies, but I don't want to play support 100% of games. :(

Ah, alright.

Yeah, this is a theory, but I figure in Silver/Bronze elo, everyone has the mentality of 'I'm going to carry! Therefore I shall always pick the carry roles!'. This translates to Mid, Top, and ADC, and possibly Jungle(I wonder how much Yi is picked in low elo?).

Unfortunately, that does mean that the queue times are extremely long for those roles. It sucks Blizzard but...either queue up with a support, or use support to propel yourself to goooold~!

Is the League client a piece of shit, or do I just have bad luck? This things seems to black screen on me a decent amount when loading into games. Then tonight, I had the grand daddy of "what the fuck?" with it. Was in middle of game and it continually stopped taking my commands. At one point I was running from a fight, and it stopped listening. "Enter" wouldn't go into chat. My mouse could pan the camera. I could even click where I wanted to go, see the arrows appear as if it heard, but it didn't go. Everyone around me was moving and playing normal though.

Is the League client a piece of shit, or do I just have bad luck? This things seems to black screen on me a decent amount when loading into games. Then tonight, I had the grand daddy of "what the fuck?" with it. Was in middle of game and it continually stopped taking my commands. At one point I was running from a fight, and it stopped listening. "Enter" wouldn't go into chat. My mouse could pan the camera. I could even click where I wanted to go, see the arrows appear as if it heard, but it didn't go. Everyone around me was moving and playing normal though.

Anyone else getting this movement glitch where sometimes you lose all control?

By any chance, what antivirus are you using? And is it up to date/able to update?

I had the same issue last night. Opened a ticket to Riot. But yeah, it's where every minute or so, the game just stopped taking commands, right? I saw it happen to an Azir I was against too, he would just freeze up and not do anything when I attacked him.

It stopped happening to me when I updated my Windows Security Essentials(Earlier it was having trouble updating for some reason), but it's stopped since yesterday.

But it sounds like you had the same thing as me.

Calvero

Banned
FIX GAREN IN URF

Guy's match history

about the glitches, i've had the one where you lose control happen to me. Back a few patches I used to get a glitch where and mouse click I made would make me run it down mid. Literally. My champ would just walk straight mid lane and presumable try to get to the enemy base. Gave many first bloods that way. Also a double click bug, where no inputs would register unless I double clicked.

Leezard

One thing first:

The "client" refers to the out of game client. It's not particularly good.
Ingame is separate from the client and should not be an issue, most of the time.

By any chance, what antivirus are you using? And is it up to date/able to update?

I had the same issue last night. Opened a ticket to Riot. But yeah, it's where every minute or so, the game just stopped taking commands, right? I saw it happen to an Azir I was against too, he would just freeze up and not do anything when I attacked him.

It stopped happening to me when I updated my Windows Security Essentials(Earlier it was having trouble updating for some reason), but it's stopped since yesterday.

But it sounds like you had the same thing as me.
I use no antivirus, unless you count what Windows 10 has built-in...if it has anything built-in. But yeah---sounds like exactly what happened to me too. It was frustrating because it was a close ranked game, and we ended up losing because I had to restart my computer. My keyboard wasn't taking commands either, so I couldn't even close the client.

I use no antivirus, unless you count what Windows 10 has built-in...if it has anything built-in. But yeah---sounds like exactly what happened to me too. It was frustrating because it was a close ranked game, and we ended up losing because I had to restart my computer. My keyboard wasn't taking commands either, so I couldn't even close the client.

Yeah, it's not your accessories or anything.

Windows 10 MIGHT have built in security essentials...by any chance is your internet provider Frontier?

Blizzard

Banned
Ah, alright.

Yeah, this is a theory, but I figure in Silver/Bronze elo, everyone has the mentality of 'I'm going to carry! Therefore I shall always pick the carry roles!'. This translates to Mid, Top, and ADC, and possibly Jungle(I wonder how much Yi is picked in low elo?).

Unfortunately, that does mean that the queue times are extremely long for those roles. It sucks Blizzard but...either queue up with a support, or use support to propel yourself to goooold~!
I did for a while -- played Zyra like 100 games, and got to silver 4-2. I then demoted back to 5. I'm nowhere near competent enough to support to gold.

Support also adds an extra level of psychological torture above any other role.

23qwerty

Are you sure they weren't duo and just switched roles without telling the chat lol

One thing first:

The "client" refers to the out of game client. It's not particularly good.
Ingame is separate from the client and should not be an issue, most of the time.

I mean, client still works for referring to the ingame client. Context clues and such.

I did for a while -- played Zyra like 100 games, and got to silver 4-2. I then demoted back to 5. I'm nowhere near competent enough to support to gold.

Support also adds an extra level of psychological torture above any other role.

It definitely is harder to be in a support mindset without letting any toxicity get to you.

The other option is one tricking a main and just playing that, but that won't solve your queue time problem~

Leezard

I mean, client still works for referring to the ingame client. Context clues and such.

It does, but not making that distinction makes people think the ingame client runs on Adobe Air every now and again. Ingame client is fine 99% of the time, the out of game client has issues.

It does, but not making that distinction makes people think the ingame client runs on Adobe Air every now and again. Ingame client is fine 99% of the time, the out of game client has issues.

But in the context, he was clearly referring to the in game client. I mean, context clues and such, but it was pretty clear what he was referring to, and you just came up with 'client refers to out of game client' when not only should said context clues have helped you come to a conclusion, but in this case client can mean both in game and out of game client since League uses both. (Unlike, say, the DotA client, which is one application).

Hey guys, dumb question: does grevious wounds stop stuff like Aatrox/Cho/Darius/Illaoi/Swain self heal? Or heal from items like Thirster/BoTRK? I've never been clear on what it does.

taliyah < yasuo

Saw one do 70k damage yesterday. Just dancing on fools. She's technical but her damage isn't lacking; just player skill. Takes a lot of effort to get the most out of her but if you can, she seems to be worth it.

Quonny

Man, I dunno if I'm having fun anymore with ranked. My favorite part of this game is building off-meta builds and playing off-meta picks, and I'm too high ranked to do that anymore, so it's not fun.

Overwatch tonight though.

patchday

Yeah I'm ready for Overwatch too.Had a blast in URF over the weekend but all good things must come to an end I guess

I think that might be a main contributor to Hearthstone gaining critical mass (it actually bumped LoL esports from #1 spot this weekend). MOBAs tend to tilt people right there in the lobby. Riot only took baby steps to fix. I'd love to see a nice Lobby system where teammates can vote on people's kit. Rainbow Six Siege and Mass Effect 3 MP have/had this. It has always been my favorite way to cut down on trolls. Granted in Rainbow you must have that feature since 1 man can literally sink the entire match utterly. Even more so then MOBAs

URF should be a permanent game mode. Garen is still a beast, but I do love me some bard. Also, to the gaffer who suggested Shen that dude is a beast in urf. Fuck walking just tele everywhere.

I'd play this game a lot more often if that mode was around more often. Had such a blast

patchday

bad video card. I used to get black screens til I did some extensive testing and then I replaced it

And yes, my video card had worked in every other game (even DOTA).

Top Bottom