• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Fracas

#fuckonami
Taliyah got hotfixed

Q mana cost slightly down, worked ground duration down

I feel like the latter needs a slight rework. It feels so counterintuitive

Luigi87

Thought of a new summoner name so I made a smurf account, and am glad it wasn't taken

nwWSOkE.jpg

Taliyah got hotfixed

Agreed. It's fine for landing but not for team fights. I feel like worked ground just debilitates me. Get it to lower some cool downs or make Q better in some way.

Taliyah got hotfixed

I think they need to step back and really look at her kit ... cause this champ could be soooo cool but they made some damn strange choices.

Her Passive can be fused with her Q Passive for example. BAM, at level one you're likely gonna take Q anyway so you ge the wall MS and some kinda better normal passive.
Make Worked Ground effect SOME OTHER parts to her damn kit other than Q.
Change that stupid mine field that's so close if someone's in it they're right in her danger zone. Make it a charge up wall like how Sion or Poppy charge up their moves or something that fits her lore's theme (Hey, she DID make a wall to protect herself in the lore..).
Make her ult unpassable by the tons of mobile champs that are commonly picked.
Allow her to knock herself up over walls.

There's so much I could see working for her :/

I just don't see a flow to her kit. Like ... there's the knock-up-into-mine-field combo but that's all I see really.

With a champ like Sion or Diana or Talon or Poppy you SEE clear connections and paths on which way you wanna rotate their skills because of how they skills work off each other and complement each other. For example, Poppy and ram someone like Graves, pop her W to stop him from dashing so that he has to eat a Q. Or she can pop her W to speed herself up to get into position to wall slam someone into a stun and force them to eat both parts of her Q and so on. Sion can slow you with E as he charges his W and use that time to get into range for his Q. These are clear connections in the kit that play off each other.

I don't see that with her.

EDIT- I got 2 mastery tokens for Sion ... but I need my blue dust for champs Riot, not all of us got the full set >:/

I was expecting Riot do something about her Rock armor or made a passive around giving her an extra armor or explode when reciving enough damage

Hm..

1 Rock? Horrible. How big is the area anyways? It does decent damage but the fact that it's a skillshot with a caveat that using it weakens it makes it..eh. Good for moving skirmishes, horrible for holding objectives. And the damage reduction is no joke.

That's pretty decent. Counters dash champions. Does this include someone like Leblanc, I wonder since it's not technically a dash but a targeted jump? Probably not(Since it has the properties of flash and flash doesn't count as a dash).

Holy shit

They somehow managed to make her ultimate the worst ability in the game. It creates a wall sure, but anivia can create walls on a 10 second cooldown. Not only that, it does no damage.

...They managed to make Aurelion Sols flight ability into a worse ult. Holy crap. That is bad and sad. Not only that, there is no player fantasy to be had here. Nothing about that ability would make me say 'Wow that was great, that skill was fun to use.'

It's...it's something. That's for sure. Her kit has no cohesion with itself, no synergy, it's just a mish mash of random abilities.

Like, I've criticized Aurelion Sols kit, but atleast it has cohesion and there is synergy with it. This is just a Frankenstein of abilities that sound cool in concept but really doesn't work as a whole.

Edit-Edit-

Before you take this as a 'Wow Breezy was just waiting to hate something', I was excited for Taliyaj. I love Shurima champion, I love the thematic concept of sand/ground(Whether it's Nasus strengthening himself up with the sands of the desert or malphite launching shards of rocks), Taliyah is just disappointing.

I called it, from liek before she was out :p

They really need to expand the Report selections to include "Chose Yi". This is how the end of a game just went:

-Lost team fight to enemy team with Baron
-Enemy team plows into our base and destroys us all the way to Nexus towers. We spawn in time to stop them, kill 4.
-We all spawn up. Next team fight wins it. We all post in team chat to play it cool, wait for right moment
-We are all gathered at front of base. I run back to heal from a poke fight
-Yi ULTS AND RUNS FACE FIRST DOWN MID LANE INTO 5 ENEMY COMBATANTS
-Gets murdered. Rest of team follows his dumbass, though I don't fault them
-We lose. Yi complains he can't carry us all

In conclusion, please delete Yi, Riot.

What a weird champ, Taliyah

Her Q is amazing but severy hindered if you want to use it again in the same spot and you have to wait a decent amount of time to use it again on the same spot while other mid laners can zone you every 10 seconds.
Her W is pretty bizzare like why? the moment you mark the location then the direction the enemy is already murdering you or far away. why would you need to manually do the direction instead of W W push the enemy towards you or just let W push the enemy upwards
Her E is effective for squishies, tanks dont care, pretty risky to try it on TFs because Taliya cant run away easily

And Her R is really bad like maybe to avoid to be a copy paste of Thrall's heroic ability (heroes of the storm). I am not sure if the casting is channeled or instant

What a weird champ, Taliyah

Her Q is amazing but severy hindered if you want to use it again in the same spot and you have to wait a decent amount of time to use it again on the same spot while other mid laners can zone you every 10 seconds.
Her W is pretty bizzare like why? the moment you mark the location then the direction the enemy is already murdering you or far away. why would you need to manually do the direction instead of W W push the enemy towards you or just let W push the enemy upwards
Her E is effective for squishies for tanks dont care, pretty risky to try it on TFs because Taliya cant run away easily

And Her R is really bad like maybe to avoid to be a copy paste of Thrall's heroic ability (heroes of the storm). I am not sure if the casting is channeled or instant

Thralls ult is like 100x better than Taliyah.

Agree, small, nearly instant casting and direct to the point of breaking or settings TFs while Taliyah is more like an utility ability to move faster or just stop the flow of whatever idea Riot was thinking in that moment

How to make Tali relevant-

Her R now deals damage, instead of a wall it sunders the earth creating a rift that's wide enough that flashes/small dashes won't be able to cross it.

Her E now shields allies who step on it.

And replace her Q with giant rocks or something.

grats newt you did it

but i'm coming for that diamond

you can't stop me

Edit-I think I'll stay at mastery level 6, purple is a better color than blue

Newt

According to Ghost I have away my account to someone else and then took it back.

Honestly, I have no idea how or why I demoted from d4 to p5.

Blizzard

Banned
Newt made me play Lucian. I forgot how much I hate his micro mechanics to do the resets / animation cancels. It gives me carpal tunnel and I fail at doing them right.

This being silver 4, I died a million times, the enemy ADC had 700+ AD, and we won anyway in 62.5 minutes. I went godlike at one point and got a triple kill before ending it. Clown fiesta.

faridmon

Fuck me man.

Silver 5 is the real hell. Want to get demoted to Bronze again so I can actually play with competent people.

I thought by the time I reach Silver, I will play with or against people who actually mastered the basic of the game, but Holy Shit, man!

The match I have played last night, our ADC was salty because I told hemi/her to stay under base and roamed to get some kills for top and jungle (4 times!) Top and Jungle became fed except that ADC went rage mode on me and started feeding.

Mid game, people started cooling down because we were leading, and then realised that Top and Jungle were idiots. Chasing people down and not going for objectives. In fact, 3 of our inner turrets (bot and mid) went down, because 4 of these idiots were chasing Nasus and tower diving. I mean WTF?

So by the end, the had all turrets, with fewer kills and mid started flaming.

Man, I though I was over this shit!

Blizzard

Banned
Fuck me man.

Silver 5 is the real hell. Want to get demoted to Bronze again so I can actually play with competent people.

I thought by the time I reach Silver, I will play with or against people who actually mastered the basic of the game, but Holy Shit, man!

The match I have played last night, our ADC was salty because I told hemi/her to stay under base and roamed to get some kills for top and jungle (4 times!) Top and Jungle became fed except that ADC went rage mode on me and started feeding.

Mid game, people started cooling down because we were leading, and then realised that Top and Jungle were idiots. Chasing people down and not going for objectives. In fact, 3 of our inner turrets (bot and mid) went down, because 4 of these idiots were chasing Nasus and tower diving. I mean WTF?

It keeps happening up through diamond to varying degrees.

Leezard

In general, higher ranked games are much higher quality.

Since people in general make fewer mistakes there the mistakes that happen, even if they are relatively small, will stand out more.

TheFlow

Banned
Fuck me man.

try to stay cool bruh. you can't win them all. focus on not typing unless you have no other choice ingame. Instead of complaining about teammates ask for tips and advice on handle said teammates.

faridmon

try to stay cool bruh. you can't win them all. focus on not typing unless you have no other choice ingame. Instead of complaining about teammates ask for tips and advice on handle said teammates.

Yeah, I think thats where it all went wrong.

I totally lost my cool and just kept on typing and complaining with people not listening to anything (Yes I know, my fault) but I never had more frustrating game for a long time

:(

I think I'll have to set my expectation more realistically and just focus on doing my part.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fuck me man.

Wanna play with me?

patchday

does Taliyah really have worst win rate or is na.op.gg just broken? how can she be the worst? Guess cause shes brand new and folks dont know the items quite yet

Tizoc

Taliyah continues to be irrelevant

Question
Have you tried going Hextech GPL instead of Rod of Ages? IT's active can help him quite well.
I tested Swain without a catalyst upgrade, rushing morello.
It kinda works but the MP he gets from Catylst is rather beneficial

Question
Have you tried going Hextech GPL instead of Rod of Ages? IT's active can help him quite well.
I tested Swain without a catalyst upgrade, rushing morello.
It kinda works but the MP he gets from Catylst is rather beneficial

I tried it once but the synergy of catalyst and the mana he gets is ridic. Being able to have your ult on for long stretches of time, and healing constantly from mana use+ult is just too much.

Talents

Banned
Man my LP gain at D1 sucks. Getting +16 or +17 a win and Losing -18. It's not like my win ratio is bad either, it hovers around 58-60%

Top Bottom