• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Tailer

Damn seems like I can't see any of my friends in euw :(, just get an unknown error whenever I log in tried to repair but doesn't seem to make any difference, is it just me?

Damn seems like I can't see any of my friends in euw :(, just get an unknown error whenever I log in tried to repair but doesn't seem to make any difference, is it just me?

God dammit my first weekend back with internet after moving house and I get this shit.

Leezard

Chat server is down, it seems.

edit: 5 minutes later I could reconnect to chat and it seems to work kinda fine. I can see three people on my friend list.

Interesting. Just had a Garen game where I lead the game in:

- Kills (1/3 of all the team's kills)
- Gold (3k more than anyone else in the game)
- Total damage done
- CS (~320 in about 35 minutes).

Had just 1 death. Just an S.

Maybe total kills is an important variable? Had 9, but our team had only 27.

KanyeShrug

You should start practicing smart-casting. It makes using your combos and abilities much faster and smoother, and makes reacting to the enemy much easier. Almost as important as learning to play with unlocked camera. Knowing the distance on your champ's abilities just comes with practice.

O.O

it's where instead of pressing a skill and then selecting where you want the skill to go, you just press the skill and it goes to wherever your mouse is, significantly better than the default way. most people use smartcast once they get the hang of the game I think.

go into your keybind settings when in game and there's a little thing you click below each skill button to enable smart cast

7Mbt3EC.png

see the little arrow below each key and number?

it takes a while to get used to but it's significantly better to use overall imo

Will try this out, not sure how it's gonna work on every champ I play though.
THanks!

In other news, all my non Sion Mid games have been sooo bad tonight. The Cass one was a damn pain, let someone swap mid with me in the lobby. They fed and tho my Cho shat on Jax there was lil I could do when he actually started building lifesteal and no one would come top side to help.

Been using Ghost instead of Flash recently and OMG ... I like this WAAAAY more than flash! Easy to run away with, easy to chase people down with ...works so well. I'm guessing it's best for tanky or brawler melee champs though. It did save my Cass a few times though ... thinking of trying it on Kass seeing as after level 6 he basically gets a dmg Flash.

Leezard

Interesting. Just had a Garen game where I lead the game in:

- Kills (1/3 of all the team's kills)
- Gold (3k more than anyone else in the game)
- Total damage done
- CS (~320 in about 35 minutes).

Had just 1 death. Just an S.

Maybe total kills is an important variable? Had 9, but our team had only 27.

KanyeShrug
How much did you ward? Both trinkets and pink wards count.

faridmon

You should start practicing smart-casting. It makes using your combos and abilities much faster and smoother, and makes reacting to the enemy much easier. Almost as important as learning to play with unlocked camera. Knowing the distance on your champ's abilities just comes with practice.

Holy crap, I don't play with these in mind.

No wonder I stuck in Bronze for ever.

pigeon

Banned
URF Swain is probably not that strong but his level 1 is kind of absurd. Two crows at a time. If they teleport to turret you can probably chunk them back to base.

Illaoi is like a graham cracker. Sure, it's good, but nobody wakes up saying "Man, I'm in the mood for a graham cracker today."

I don't disagree. I just find her to be a really effective pick against dive-happy comps. I've found pretty good success with her in and out of ranked (that screen shot was a decent ranked match I suppose). People are often times not ready for the tentacle slaps. That said, she's legit awful against mobile picks, which represent a large portion of the meta. My eyes light up when I see a lack of mobility in the same way Yi pickers get horny when they see no cc on the enemy team.

Illaoi is like a graham cracker. Sure, it's good, but nobody wakes up saying "Man, I'm in the mood for a graham cracker today."

Cinnamon Graham Cracker? Yo those are the bomb man. Don't you dare insult the Graham Cracker. I wake up every day thinking it's a good time for a Graham Cracker. Mhmmmm.

I don't disagree. I just find her to be a really effective pick against dive-happy comps. I've found pretty good success with her in and out of ranked (that screen shot was a decent ranked match I suppose). People are often times not ready for the tentacle slaps. That said, she's legit awful against mobile picks, which represent a large portion of the meta. My eyes light up when I see a lack of mobility in the same way Yi pickers get horny when they see no cc on the enemy team.

Yeah, I've had a few Illaois carry me with her kit under the right circumstances. I just wish more people knew when to pick her.

patchday

I dont understand the loot system. My teammates earned S+ and I didnt receive a chest. Plus I never received a chest on this character (Taric)

I dont understand the loot system. My teammates earned S+ and I didnt receive a chest. Plus I never received a chest on this character (Taric)

also every champion can only get you one loot chest ever

and if your teammates get an S on a champion, that champion becomes locked out even if you're not premade

and you can only get 1 chest per game meaning if multiple queued up teammates get an S, you only get 1

That's my understanding.

Finally tried Alistar in URF. That was hilarious.

AP Alistar is so much fun. One game I got absolutely rekt by an Ahri who would charm me mid-headbutt, flash my headbutt and charm, ult away from headbutt and charm etc. and then proceed to one shot me through my ultimate. Forever tilted after that game.

Tried Caitlyn for luls and her lane phase is even more dominant with Q spam. R every 18 seconds is hilarious. Once you hit late game it's business as usual; killing squishies with 2 autos. Honestly that champ feels like cheating when you get full build.

pigeon

Banned
URF Swain is probably not that strong but his level 1 is kind of absurd. Two crows at a time. If they teleport to turret you can probably chunk them back to base.

I was wrong, Swain's incredibly stupid in URF. I just built him wrong the first time. Build Rylai's early, Oprah's giving out slows.

Calvero

Banned
what's the most unfun thing i could try out in URF? and when I say unfun, I don't mean OP. literally something that would make you say "why the fuck would you pick that?"

aurelion sol
You take that back! I just got an S with him in Urf. Being able to keep my stars going 24/7 makes him pretty good. But yeah...he kind of sucks in Urf. Can't take real great advantage of the mode as much as other champions can.

Zyra was damn fun in Urf. Probably the most fun I've had.

pigeon

Banned
what's the most unfun thing i could try out in URF? and when I say unfun, I don't mean OP. literally something that would make you say "why the fuck would you pick that?"

Fiddle. He has to channel and he relies on healing.

Kayle is also a super tedious pick for everybody since all you do is float up and auto people and bubble.

Sammyroc

Neo Member

Maybe Yasuo, since the URF CDR doesn't affect him at all outside of windwall and ult.

Top Bottom