• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Guess who got a 2/10 Yasuo on their team who disconnected for 10 minutes during their first placement match?

cSyHoGN.gif

jerd

So they're making aatrox even lamer by putting both of his W procs on xin's W lol wow

I guess E max on xin will be gone too with the cd change so he'll just be nuts early

kenbo

So they're making aatrox even lamer by putting both of his W procs on xin's W lol wow

I guess E max on xin will be gone too with the cd change so he'll just be nuts early
Xin is going to be crazy if those changes go through
If you are in bronze and silver and someone first picks a yas dodge
no no
op.gg them and see if they've been going like 13/4 in the past games or not. it could just be a smurf climbing

drawkcaB

What is the ghetto way? I am not able to consistently do the combo, although I am probably just bad.

The ghetto way is to hold down pulverize key the second you see his headbutt motion go off and don't let go. Once the headbutt connects pulverize will go off a fraction of a second after.

The advantage is that it guarantees the headbutt+pulverize combo. The disadvantage is that during that fraction of second between headbutt finishing and pulverize going off there's a good chance you'll push the target just slightly away which can cause teammate to miss skillshots and sometimes if you started the headbutt too close to the target pulverize will go off out of range.

But if you playing with moderate to high ping or have difficulty pulling off the headbutt in general it'sa pretty solid little cheat.

i feel like xin is one of "those" champions that if riot doesn't handle his buffs VERY VERY CAREFULLY he'll break again

Xin on PBE is stupid right now. I feel like this buff is going to backfire. Once you factor in a sated devourer Xin will be dealing an additional 100+ damage every two autoattacks. It's a great buff for people who like to play AD Xin, but W's passive interaction with Sated is going to fuck this up hard....

Man I'd love a Xin Zhao rework. I feel like he's one of those champions that could be really something if they kept his simple mechanics but gave him modern champ design.

Hard

Banned
Anyone know that add-on that lets you see player stats like their KDA and W/L in client (during the loading screen)? I've been looking for it but can't find it anywhere.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how rito will nerf fiora

i feel like fiora getting tanky items lategame is unintended so she might get a shift from base dmg to scaling to force her to build more ad and keep squishy to remain relevant in dmg lategame

something along those lines, i think

Kalentan

That's actually a pretty good placement from g5. Well above average if i had to guess

Well from going 3 - 7 (We could have won the last game but the Darius... Jesus the Darius top was he BAD. Died to Graves 3 times before the 6 min mark or so.) I guess it isn't the worst. I did expect to drop into Bronze.

zkylon

zkylewd
so unlike rito to make placement so specially brutal without even mentioning it

might be necessary but it's interesting that they kept quiet about it

maybe they didn't want to discourage ppl from playing ranked

Moonlight

Banned
Fiiiinally got my first S rank! As Ahri, of course. Feeling good, gotta say. Against Heimer especially, who I've utterly hated going up against since I started the game (not as much as Annie tho) and a sort of rough start to that match, it feels even better. All the time I'm putting into the character is paying off! Probably.

Really hope I get offered a decent Ahri skin tomorrow.

drawkcaB

so unlike rito to make placement so specially brutal without even mentioning it

Do we know for sure that they've changed how placements/MMR are calculated? Seems like every game I play in normals most of the S5 silver players I'm matched with/against are bronze now.

I mean, it does make sense in a way. When you actually looked at the ranking splits gold and silver was significantly bigger than they should have been.

EDIT: I've been having some really rough luck with Skarner. Seems like I just can't get a solid team with me.

EDIT2: Oh, I know why I've been losing with Skarner. One terrible mid Azir after another. That explains it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Okay. The state of the game is way more shit than I thought it was before putting games in on the new season. I really just cannot believe how much worse the game is. the directives for the keystone masteries is awful. Introduces way too much power creep but it comes as flat damage that scales wildly unevenly across different champions. Mobility creep is awful too. Absolutely unreal, and it's a mix of the current champion imbalance combined with masteries and item changes. Strongest champions are the most braindead ones. There's no inbetween on bruisers anymore either. People are either super tanks or they just blow people up. Just hate it. I used to welcome the attention of Riot towards tweaking the game but things have just gotten out of hand and now there's all this overdesigned gunk ruining the game, and while they continue to whittle away at making keystones "balanced" the game feels like it's filled with more unfair champions and moments than ever before. Not going to see any of this stuff fixed anytime soon either. Next patch will not help at all either. Zero changes for stuff like Graves is just like...how? How?

patchday

huh, I've owned Vlad for a long time but never even bothered playing him til tonight. I kept trying to tell the new queue thingy to make me mid. nope it decided to make me Top (my secondary) every time

[edit - how to quote image so it can be small??]

LvP13Lj.png

I'm so terrified of doing placements

I dont wanna lose my nice shiny Silver border (from being Silver last season). I have feeling when I do placements I will be dropped into Bronze where i probably belong

huh, I've owned Vlad for a long time but never even bothered playing him til tonight. I kept trying to tell the new queue thingy to make me mid. nope it decided to make me Top (my secondary) every time

I dont wanna lose my nice shiny Silver border (from being Silver last season). I have feeling when I do placements I will be dropped into Bronze where i probably belong
How do you go 0/0/0 and win

patchday

I went 0/0/0 but I won my lane by busting up all the towers. That was my 1st match and I had 0 clue how to play Vlad

My last match I had to lane against illaoi. That was hard but won the lane

patchday

Well 1st match I played good enough to be invited to team up. So we formed a party of 5 and played a few matches together

People are so nice when I dont feed :D

[edit] actually we formed party for that last match where I earned 368 ip (16x party bonus)

jerd

Okay. The state of the game is way more shit than I thought it was before putting games in on the new season. I really just cannot believe how much worse the game is. the directives for the keystone masteries is awful. Introduces way too much power creep but it comes as flat damage that scales wildly unevenly across different champions. Mobility creep is awful too. Absolutely unreal, and it's a mix of the current champion imbalance combined with masteries and item changes. Strongest champions are the most braindead ones. There's no inbetween on bruisers anymore either. People are either super tanks or they just blow people up. Just hate it. I used to welcome the attention of Riot towards tweaking the game but things have just gotten out of hand and now there's all this overdesigned gunk ruining the game, and while they continue to whittle away at making keystones "balanced" the game feels like it's filled with more unfair champions and moments than ever before. Not going to see any of this stuff fixed anytime soon either. Next patch will not help at all either. Zero changes for stuff like Graves is just like...how? How?

Graves nerfs are coming but they kinda weak considering how blatantly op he is rn

Moonlight

Banned
Definitely liking Jinx, even though I accidentally screwed up my weapon switching a bit. Got a Heimer who went off on me about how useless I was going to be and told me not to get near his lane for taking her and then he goes 1/0/1 (with bot help) to my 9/2/4 after a 21 minute game, lol.

pigeon

Banned
Definitely liking Jinx, even though I accidentally screwed up my weapon switching a bit. Got a Heimer who went off on me about how useless I was going to be and told me not to get near his lane for taking her and then he goes 1/0/1 (with bot help) to my 9/2/4 after a 21 minute game, lol.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard of anybody complaining that Jinx was useless.

I am gonna have to start dodging when I sense shit aint right.

Got grouped with someone who wanted MID but got BOT. He begged and begged and acted like someone was giving it to him regardless even though they told him no. I start flipping through Sups and he asked me to Lux so I'm like "Ok :/"

Game starts, seems like shits going well. He picked Kat but I have seen strange shit go down in Bot lane so w/e. We leash the JG and then ... he goes Mid and now it's 2 Mid, 1 top 1 bot. Then I realized he asked for me to Sup with Lux cause he planned on pulling this shit (I love Janna but she can't solo a lane ..) .

We won because the other team wasn't great and their MF thought they were Trist and could solo our base when we're all in theirs. (I've pulled that off with Trist before ... feels soo good)

Damn head aches ...

Yeah, Jinx is awesome.

Nothing like those across-the-map double kills, preventing the emeny team from getting Baron cause you killed their tank and fighter from your base!

Too bad my team was feeding hard to a troll team of tanks on in that fight :/

kenbo

I can see where you're coming from with keystones.

I'm still having fun though. You feel more powerful earlier, and I suppose that if their intent was to shorten games, the keystones were part of it.

Top Bottom