• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Calvero

Banned
Bard ADC, Fizz supp, no Mundo ban, and whatever the hell Tryndamere was doing. hahaha

Screen_Shot_2016_01_27_at_11_19_27_AM.png

For those who've tried a combination of Jungle/Top or Jungle/Mid in order to increase the likelihood of getting Jungle, has it worked? I've only done three dynamic queue normal draft matches and in two of the three I've been put as support. I actually like support, but I really need to practice my jungle picks.

Going Mid/Jungle or Jungle/Mid always gets me Jungle.

garath

For those who've tried a combination of Jungle/Top or Jungle/Mid in order to increase the likelihood of getting Jungle, has it worked? I've only done three dynamic queue normal draft matches and in two of the three I've been put as support. I actually like support, but I really need to practice my jungle picks.

Jungle/mid is the only reliable combo I've tried so far. I have not tried top or support as a secondary but from neko's posts I'd say that mid is more popular than top and a better secondary to force jungle.

If I choose bot as a secondary I get it 9 out of 10 times. I really really wish they did more to prioritize primary selection. I get games in less than 10 seconds. I'd happily wait longer to get primary.

With mid as a secondary I get jungle 75% of the time best guess.

pigeon

Banned

I queue top/jungle and I get about 50/50 at my relatively poor elo.

I really don't think it's a good idea to fake your second pick to try to get your first pick more often. People really want to try to game around the system but I doubt it has positive EV.

garath

Oh well, another bronze match, another people going opposite to his lane and blame previous troll for screwing his matches before.

I am at the very bottom of bronze V, again

Want out of bronze? My suggestion is specialize in one or two hard carry champs. Spam them every single game. Best if it's a role you are good at and someone that can literally steamroll a whole team. Get very very good at those champs and just start putting the team on your back. It's how the high elo guys do it. They just have a bigger champ pool. Us normal players with less than 40 hours a week of playtime need to shrink that champ pool.

If it were me (and it may be after I do placements) I would jungle khazix and ekko every single game and just plan on killing absolutely everyone to win the game. If I got another role, I'd probably dodge and go right back to jungle next game. I'd rather lose the LP than the MMR and game time.

Like if you are a top laner, go renekton or irelia or fiora. Carry the whole game starting by crushing your own lane then take that presence to the rest of the map through TP or roams.

Ah Silver, where the enemy laner complained he got camped and saying I was a bad Fiora. I'm not a great Fiora, but if I can beat you and deny you minions, then you're a worse Rumble.

But alas, you proceed to complain at me for picking Fiora and say I picked a broken champion. I responded with "Well, pick Malphite, Renekton or Poppy. They can counter Poppy easily" and to be fair, I picked Fiora before him, so a counter would have been easy.

Sadly, no one wants to admit someone fucked up.

Instead, they complain that being camped is unfair.

Bacon

Want out of bronze? My suggestion is specialize in one or two hard carry champs. Spam them every single game. Best if it's a role you are good at and someone that can literally steamroll a whole team. Get very very good at those champs and just start putting the team on your back. It's how the high elo guys do it. They just have a bigger champ pool. Us normal players with less than 40 hours a week of playtime need to shrink that champ pool.

If it were me (and it may be after I do placements) I would jungle khazix and ekko every single game and just plan on killing absolutely everyone to win the game. If I got another role, I'd probably dodge and go right back to jungle next game. I'd rather lose the LP than the MMR and game time.

Like if you are a top laner, go renekton or irelia or fiora. Carry the whole game starting by crushing your own lane then take that presence to the rest of the map through to or roams.

Dyrus was saying on his stream the other night that he is *only* playing 5 hours a day and that's why he isn't a top tier player anymore. Really put in perspective that for the players at the top of the ladder this game is a full time job and you need to devote a lot of time to become really good at it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really like the management shift Riot has made in the past 18 months or so.

Really starting to buckle down on specific things and say "look, this is our goal, let's do this" instead of nebulous plans that are half-assed.

New client. They have a plan. Champion rollouts. Plan. Reworks. Plan.

yeah, i like that they've done stuff like saying "we like thunderlords, it's op but we're gonna use it as the anchor to balance other things around and also to communicate to players that this is the kind of thing we like and are gonna try and make more of"

u know, like i said a billion years ago they should've done. here's tf, here's ori, here's caitlyn, or whatever, these are champions that are cool and unique and have interesting gameplay with pros and cons and whatnot and we want to make more of.

Dyrus was saying on his stream the other night that he is *only* playing 5 hours a day and that's why he isn't a top tier player anymore. Really put in perspective that for the players at the top of the ladder this game is a full time job and you need to devote a lot of time to become really good at it.
Yeah and you really have to want to win. Like you have to play best champs and always stay up on the meta. Like scarra is only master and he usually doesnt that well because he will play off meta champs and try to have fun with it not just play the best possible pick every time.

The next big thing i want in league is voice chat. With it being such a competive game it would make it so much easy, if you had normal teammates.

Nekofrog

Banned
wtf at that karma buff

she's already kind of annoyingly strong

edit: that khazix buff, wow. slowly shifting back to the old style

Your clean untouched MMR (hidden match maker rating) is right around silver 2 if I recall. So you'll play with and against players in that vicinity during the early placements. If you lose you'll start to see the quality of players drop. If you win it'll go up. You get very big swings the first 50 or so ranked games.

Did you duo at all? Seems like a really big drop for 6-4. They almost definitely made it more steep this season. Last season I went 6-4 or 5-5 or something like that and was placed in gold 4, one division lower than the gold 3 I finished the previous season. This season seems like everyone is losing an entire tier at a minimum.

Yeah, me and a friend duo'd all 10 games. We expected that to happen so no biggie. He was Plat last season and ended at Gold. All of the people who I knew played the game ended a tier lower this season when compared to last.

garath

Yeah. It's really staggering how deep the game is mechanically and analytically. To be very good at it you have to master it on so many levels. I.e. to be a top tier player you need more than just mechanical skill. You need to know all the champs, the matchups, the items, how champs interact with items vs your own, best ways to build in each scenario, how to manage minions, etc etc. It goes on and on.

But the lower you go, the better chance you have of climbing just with some of that. I.e. getting out of bronze can be accomplished by just being better at your champ than the enemy is at theirs. With 100s of games on khazix you can stop thinking about how to respond to a situation and just do it. Jump in, kill their carry, jump out. Something happen? Oops, you automatically press your ult and move out of danage. No thinking involved. It starts to get automatic and you get better at managing your power spikes and matchups with a smaller timeframe. Even a bronze team is likely to win if you constantly create 5v4s or 5v3s with their biggest damage source dead.

The challenger level guys literally just play all day. I kind of wish I was younger when this game came out. I used to be ultra competitive and I could have devoted a lot more time in college than I can now. That time went to ultima online and everquest though lol.

wtf at that karma buff

she's already kind of annoyingly strong

edit: that khazix buff, wow. slowly shifting back to the old style

Holy crap. That's likely a big buff to khazix. But dammit, do they know how long it took to train my fingers to stop trying to W in the air? Now I have to relearn that and they'll probably just take it away again. Lol

I can't wait to try new shen and jhin in the jungle!

The nunu buff makes me cry though. that is a huge huge buff. Wtf. With the amount of cdr around he's going to be a perma slow machine.

Leezard

HUD font size now properly scales with HUD settings, rather than system DPI settings. Sorry, 4k users!

That's something a lot of people have waited for.

Similar to Ryze, Cassiopeia now retains her previous movement or attack command after E - Twin Fang's cast finishes

Welp, Cassio might become really strong off of this.

Luigi87

I knew there would be a new Ori skin today, I just knew it.

Also just finished a game where I felt oh so good. Playing Ori, team goes to Baron, but instead I wait in the small bush and put the ball in the curved bush near the enemy's blue (fortunately we were right-side team), as soon as nearly all the enemy champs enter the bush to contest (ignoring my ball) ult burst. Team follows up for an ace and we just push to win.
Mm, so satisfying.

More interested in how the new item performs, but this ties back to my previous argument about my gripes with how cheap and easy it is to get movement speed. It's becoming unhealthy now.

On the flip side, I like the Sunfire Cape buffs.

Duskblade sounds fucking stupid, more flat arpen and extra burst for people that have no trouble bursting someone down? Are you serious?

Apparently, assassins were really struggling according to Riot, so this is a band aid until they rework the assassin class. I'm more pissed about the movement speed stat that has become so easy to acquire in recent patches.

TheFlow

Banned
tired of playing with bad teams.

First let me tell you about our Rene top who didn't have a damage item till 20 mins in, our yas mid who ended up 3/15, and how the enemy team had a 16/1 malphite.

"TheFlow why are you upset?" Let me tell you why, because for 40 mins my team fought a Leo, Vlad, and fed malphite and not one yep not one built a item with armor pen, health steal, or a ruin king. Plus we had no ap champs.

Learned my lesson in bronze, stop playing support and just go Adc/mid/jungle. Gotta carry myself out this cesspool

Hard

Banned
Apparently, assassins were really struggling according to Riot, so this is a band aid until they rework the assassin class. I'm more pissed about the movement speed stat that has become so easy to acquire in recent patches.

The fuck? Was Ghostblade and Malmortius not enough? As if Talon wasn't EZ enough

drawkcaB

Holy shit that Xin Zhao buff for W. It's the change I didn't know I always wanted. And just like that, Devourer Xin can go fuck off into space. AD Xin Zhao baby!! Back in the pool you go you manly sonofabitch!

The only AD assassin that is struggling now is possibly Talon and even then I can't say for sure because no one plays him.

Can't wait till I get hit by a Rengar/Zed/Panth/Riven/Fiora/Yi using this fucking thing, fucking hell.

Edwardo

The only AD assassin that is struggling now is possibly Talon and even then I can't say for sure because no one plays him.

Can't wait till I get hit by a Rengar/Zed/Panth/Riven/Fiora/Yi using this fucking thing, fucking hell.

I've been seeing talon in almost every other game lately lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
New model and texture for her and the Ball!
New recall animation - he loves me, he loves me not. (Can robots even love?)
New particles for all of her skills - pink, pink, and more pink!
New sound effects on all skills and recall animation!
pink robots in love

isn't that what life is all about

also yea that ad item sounds pretty strong tho 3250 is pretty expensive so idk

Was hoping they would make a HeartSeeker Jinx.

Blowing someone away with a rocket from across the map that explodes into a pretty HEART? That's like .... a built in taunt.

I know Ashe has the ult but it's harder to grab a kill with that imo, better used for stunning.

Luigi87

I want Jinx to have an original skin that really fits her crazy personality. There is so much they can do with her.

She also already has two holiday-centric skins (Lunar Revel, and Harrowing), and the latter... I just don't like.

Quonny

Stop with the Sona skins.

Just stop. While I complain about Ahri skins, at least Ahri has a somewhat fun kit and isn't impossible to balance, unlike Sona.

graaaaaaahhhhhhh

garath

Khazix needs a non-terrible skin that isn't mecha. Ekko also needs a decent skin..academy sucks and not really a sandstorm fan.

pigeon

Banned
I am actually pretty interested in the change to wall collision detection. It seems like it should make flashing over stuff generally easier in exchange for eliminating the "sweet spots" that high level players have probably learned and mastered and are going to miss.

I like the new ward debris updates. We'll see if it ends up being useful data.

Stop with the Sona skins.

Just stop. While I complain about Ahri skins, at least Ahri has a somewhat fun kit and isn't impossible to balance, unlike Sona.

graaaaaaahhhhhhh

I don't even know why she is getting more skins considering she's a weak champion that desperately need buffs or a rework in my opinion.

Terrible as a support unless you're in low elo. Terrible as a mid laner. Frustrates me that she's getting another skin. I fucking hate Sona so much.

Sona is really not as weak as you guys think she is lol.

Why would I want a support that has a kit that gives weak movement speed buff (that can be provided by Nami), a heal with a shield (which again, without the shield, can be provided by Nami or Soraka), a poke/attack damage buff (which again, there are so many other supports that can poke better or have Janna for extra AD) and her only form of CC being her ult, which can be cleansed by CC?

And don't get me started on how item dependent she is. "Build Lich Bane" they say. "Sona is really good with Lich Bane".

If a fucking support needs damage items to unlock her true potential on a support income, then no, I'm sorry. That's utterly worthless and a detriment to the team.

Fuck Sona. Fuck her as a champion.

Top Bottom