• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Yeah games definitely feel faster but not dramatically so and you can hit full build a little quicker so i think it was a pretty smooth transition overall. I'll sure they'll straighten out all the outliers as soon as the impending assassin meta is over

zkylon

zkylewd
+1 to keystones being bad for the game

i've yet to see anything good come out of them and i still contend they should just use those ideas on items/champions and remove as much from outside the game as possible

in an ideal world there are no runes or masteries

This system is still strange.

Matching me with the same random people game after game.
Just outed the guy who decided to leave me to solo bot as Lux Sup in the lobby for select. He dodged though.

Last night I faced the same guy 3 times in a row. We were on the same team before that, I befriended him and that's how I remembered him from game to game.

My issues with keystones is they're kind of similar to a big rune of sorts. There's no gameplay on most of them, you just get a conditional big stat for doing stuff you're already gonna do like get hit or be in combat.

killatopak

Gold Member
played 2 times in a row with the same team. They liked my supp so we go 4 team. Fuck I'm supp for the rest of the provi. Can't complain cause they're pretty good anyway.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Silver V. I fucking hate placements, lost seven in a row because of cunts thinking they were God and 1v5ing. Ah well, it's done now and I'll slowly crawl up out of the shambles and back into somewhere high. Goal for this season is Gold IV.

Is there even any point in doing ranked until like the last month or so of the season. I didn't touch it as soon as I hit 30 and did it a couple of months before, got my rank then just left it. Ended in Gold V.

Also hoping when I get home in an hour or so the Lunar shop is up. I don't want any skins really but if Steel Lux, Panda Annie or Pink Taric are up I might get them if the discounts are good. Hopefully better than my Snowdown ones...

Ranked is fun and overall teams don't have a big discrepancy of skill levels so that's where you go to have more competitive matches.

Also the last month of the season is straight up the worst time to be playing ranked lol

Leezard

Ranked is fun and overall teams don't have a big discrepancy of skill levels so that's where you go to have more competitive matches.

Also the last month of the season is straight up the worst time to be playing ranked lol

Indeed. Ranked typically has higher quality games than non-ranked.

It will be fun to take my group of 3 to ranked instead of normals with dynamic.

Hard

Banned
3 - 2 so far in placements, 2 - 0 with old Shen. I need to spam him through placements before the re-work comes out.

Might be harder this season? I was Diamond 5 in S4. Went 5-5 in promos but landed in Plat 1.

Idk i haven't done mine yet but i hope not! It does seem like everyone who is D5+ ends up plat 1 though

That's because you can't place higher than Plat 1. It's impossible to do your placements and end up higher than Plat.

So getting Plat 1 is actually the best you could possibly have done.

patchday

Might be harder this season? I was Diamond 5 in S4. Went 5-5 in promos but landed in Plat 1.

I didnt know you were that high. huh, I really need to start exploiting you guys more for pro advice

---------------------------------

Q: Do you find it a big advantage to learn every champ? Even if you hate it? Just in case you have to face it?
(I have the feeling you high elo players invest time in at least playing each and every champ a few matches when time permits?)

Q: Should I just stick to champs with high win rate to try to climb out of low elo?

Q: What is considered mid elo - Gold?

[edit] Q: Where do you get your item builds? I go to champion.gg and follow high win rate builds. Should i go to probuild.net instead?

Q: As a support---- I find I forget to use that Exhaust summoner spell sometimes. Shpould I try a different summoner spell like Ignite??

Q: Do you find it a big advantage to learn every champ? Even if you hate it? Just in case you have to face it?
Not really, you gotta learn how to deal with those champions with what you're using as opposed to learning the champion per se.
Q: Should I just stick to champs with high win rate to try to climb out of low elo?
Picking OP champions won't suddenly make you win more, just stick to your guns and get better with them. Besides high winrate champions are usually banned so not a good idea to rely on them only to have them taken from you in draft.
Q: What is considered mid elo - Gold?
Gold is more like limbo, never heard people calling it mid elo, it's just Gold.

Leezard

[edit] Q: Where do you get your item builds? I go to champion.gg and follow high win rate builds. Should i go to probuild.net instead?
Champion.gg is fine. Probuilds can be hit or miss and needs some additional judgment from yourself.
Q: As a support---- I find I forget to use that Exhaust summoner spell sometimes. Shpould I try a different summoner spell like Ignite??

No, just learn to use Exhaust.

So I'm finally coming back after taking a break from playing for a while, and I realized in my first normal draft game that I have the same problem I usually do when I take breaks. I have no fucking clue what some standard safe bans are. I saw rango, mundo, and graves a fair amount, but are there any other champs that are common? I just need to have a few safe options until I get a feel for the patch.

Edit: Echoing the sentiment above for sure. Learn to use exhaust.

patchday

You guys rock! just queueing up for Ranked. So glad I can focus on only two roles (support / jungle)

Will be asking more questions about Jungling in a bit too

Leezard

So I'm finally coming back after taking a break from playing for a while, and I realized in my first normal draft game that I have the same problem I usually do when I take breaks. I have no fucking clue what some standard safe bans are. I saw rango, mundo, and graves a fair amount, but are there any other champs that are common? I just need to have a few safe options until I get a feel for the patch.

Edit: Echoing the sentiment above for sure. Learn to use exhaust.

bestbans.com is a good site for bans. It's based on statistics on both pick rate and win rate.

killatopak

Gold Member
Fought a Mundo. Holy shit is he tanky. Took five of us and around 15 seconds to kill that bitch.

So far I'm 5-3. Hopefully I'll go 7-3 and get plat 1-3 since I did finish D4 last season.

bestbans.com is a good site for bans. It's based on statistics on both pick rate and win rate.

Why Urgot?

Hard

Banned
Too late lol

Got some bad news for you bud :(

Fuck, man. Oh well.

I wonder whether I should take the time and learn new Shen, or rush through placements with a combo of Gnar / Renekton / Braum (0 - 2 with Renek) right now.

>all that Urgot

lol

Safe bans: Mundo / Jax / Fiora / Blitzcrank (low elo) / Gangplank / Tahm Kench / Rengar / Soraka / Malphite (if heavy AD) / Kindred / Zed / Graves

drawkcaB

Okay. The state of the game is way more shit than I thought it was before putting games in on the new season. I really just cannot believe how much worse the game is. the directives for the keystone masteries is awful. Introduces way too much power creep but it comes as flat damage that scales wildly unevenly across different champions. Mobility creep is awful too. Absolutely unreal, and it's a mix of the current champion imbalance combined with masteries and item changes. Strongest champions are the most braindead ones. There's no inbetween on bruisers anymore either. People are either super tanks or they just blow people up. Just hate it. I used to welcome the attention of Riot towards tweaking the game but things have just gotten out of hand and now there's all this overdesigned gunk ruining the game, and while they continue to whittle away at making keystones "balanced" the game feels like it's filled with more unfair champions and moments than ever before. Not going to see any of this stuff fixed anytime soon either. Next patch will not help at all either. Zero changes for stuff like Graves is just like...how? How?

I more or less agree. There's been a very real trend since the Cinderhulk patch of Riot overbuffing many elements of the game very quickly but needing very slowly. From season 3 to patch 5.5 a champion with a 54+% win rate was an aberration. Now it's normal to have several of them at every position.

Quite frankly the balance team lacks any semblance of sensibility. I doesn't take a genius to do a bit of math and see that, for example, Graves Q-R-AA damage is stupid. That should never even hit to testing server but somehow made it to Live. Ditto the upcoming Xin buff. This isn't rocket science.

Fought a Mundo. Holy shit is he tanky. Took five of us and around 15 seconds to kill that bitch.

So far I'm 5-3. Hopefully I'll go 7-3 and get plat 1-3 since I did finish D4 last season.

Why Urgot?

Not sure if that sites buggy at the moment. Some of what it's saying to ban is highly questionable.

Your safest option will probably just be to make sure Rengar and Jax are banned, after that just ban your counter.

Rengar will tilt your team by one shotting your inevitably out of position squishies. Jax is a giant pain right now because of Guinsoo's. They're the only two that come to mind that most of the time will become a giant pain in the ass.

Fuck, man. Oh well.

I wonder whether I should take the time and learn new Shen, or rush through placements with a combo of Gnar / Renekton / Braum (0 - 2 with Renek) right now.
Don't use a new champion for your placements lol he'll be permabanned anyways

Learn new shen. He's pretty fun top and jungle, and its always better to know the new hotness so you know how to counter it. As GI Joe says "knowing is half the battle"

the other half is violence

Leezard

Why Urgot?

>all that Urgot

lol

Safe bans: Mundo / Jax / Fiora / Blitzcrank (low elo) / Gangplank / Tahm Kench / Rengar / Soraka / Malphite (if heavy AD) / Kindred / Zed / Graves

I just looked at the site and see what you mean. The site is not working properly right now, and they show a message up top. It has been working really well the last couple of weeks though, I hope it will become better again soon.

Hard

Banned
I haven't tried him yet (college ugggh), but it seems like he's better against tanks and for extended trades now, yet worse against ranged match-ups and champions with a lot of in-built poke, like Pantheon (I believe Dodge doesn't influence skill-shots). Given how he doesn't have any ranged harass anymore, you really have to choose your fights if you want to get good trades off with him.

I miss old Shen, and it seems like Riot is trying to re-invent the wheel (again), but I'll give it a shot before passing final judgement. Maybe I'll spam some Normals with him tomorrow. Got a Calculus quiz tomorrow, need to study for that.

Still, 20% CDR Shen with Sunfire, Swifties, Spirit Visage, and Abyssal makes me rock hard.

Calvero

Banned
I haven't tried him yet (college ugggh), but it seems like he's better against tanks and for extended trades now, yet worse against ranged match-ups and champions with a lot of in-built poke, like Pantheon (I believe Dodge doesn't influence skill-shots). Given how he doesn't have any ranged harass anymore, you really have to choose your fights if you want to get good trades off with him.

I miss old Shen, and it seems like Riot is trying to re-invent the wheel (again), but I'll give it a shot before passing final judgement. Maybe I'll spam some Normals with him tomorrow. Got a Calculus quiz tomorrow, need to study for that.

Still, 20% CDR Shen with Sunfire, Swifties, Spirit Visage, and Abyssal makes me rock hard.

Fitting, considering your handle.

patchday

Oh yeah for sure. A lot of teams just go all assassins and get decimated. It can work but requires communication.
Pick alistar, become a hero

Ah I'll start practicing him more, ty

My other support tank is Leona which helped me do well in placements last season

Balthuk

Ah I'll start practicing him more, ty

My other support tank is Leona which helped me do well in placements last season

Yeah as an adc, when I see my support pick leona it makes me feel a lot safer in lane. Leona and thresh.
Braum is tanky as well, so is Tahm Kench. And then there are supporting characters like nautilus sejuani shen or whatever else you can think of.

Top Bottom