• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
I don't like Leona. She has no disengage outside of ult, and if you get behind, you're basically useless for the rest of laning phase. Braum is much more my style.

subtles

We might be getting a Snowdown event before the summer I'm not mistaken? I remember Riot saying something about not limiting the Harrowing and other events to a certain time of the year, but don't remember the specifics.

We might be getting a Snowdown event before the summer I'm not mistaken? I remember Riot saying something about not limiting the Harrowing and other events to a certain time of the year, but don't remember the specifics.
What? No lol, they just said that so the events don't have to be on the exact date - Harrowing was in early November for example - but we're not gonna get random seasonal events through the year.

Luigi87

euIO4KE.png

Not the best, but still better than my Snowdown shop.
I main Irelia and Orianna so.. maybe I'll pick them up.
... And Ori's other skin is on sale... and her V-day one is gonna be out in 2-3 weeks... maybe I'll just buy all of Orianna's skins <_<

70% off Bucaneer Trist makes me laugh (it's a 520 skin!) but I do own Dragon Trainer Trist, so meh.

subtles

Lunar Revel shop is open!
What did everyone get?

They weren't kidding when they said they'll tailor the shop to your style/what you've been playing. I've been playing Jayce and Gangplank on my smurf and got the Forsaken and Special Forces skins. Dabbled in a bit of Ryze and got the Uncle skin. The rest were champions I played when they were on free week.

What? No lol, they just said that so the events don't have to be on the exact date - Harrowing was in early November for example - but we're not gonna get random seasonal events through the year.

Makes a lot more sense, thanks. I thought it had to do with the narrative stand point; not limiting those stories to a certain time of year. (Harrowing)

JulianImp

They weren't kidding when they said they'll tailor the shop to your style/what you've been playing.

OBJECTION! I present to you my lunar revel "sales":
  • Deep Terror Thresh 50% (he's getting the exact same sale in February, so whatever)
  • That boxing Blitz skin 30% (bad skin, bad discount)
  • Assassin Master Yi 70% (I've only played this champion once FFS, and it's a freaking 390 RP skin on top of that)
  • Red-hammer Poppy skin 20% (20%? Are you kidding me? And like Yi, I've only played her once and don't intend to do so again for quite a while)
  • Blackthorn Morgana 60% (I never considered this skin before, but it sure looks good. No custom recall animation's a bit of a letdown, though)
  • Subterranean Naut 30% (meh skin for the only champion I play often that I got a sale for, and I won't bite on 30% discounts anymore after how I got burned by Koi Nami going on monthly sale a month after the snowdown shop)
Morg and Thresh I haven't played in ages, Poppy and Yi only once, and that only leaves Blitz and Naut as champions I play (even then, I haven't played Blitz in weeks now). Yet another sale where I get nothing out of it, since I was really looking forward that Thresh skin (only cheaper) and maybe Warden Nautilus.

Oh well, I guess I might get Morgana with my leftover RP later, since I can always get Thresh next month anyway.

Tizoc

euIO4KE.png

Not the best, but still better than my Snowdown shop.
I main Irelia and Orianna so.. maybe I'll pick them up.
... And Ori's other skin is on sale... and her V-day one is gonna be out in 2-3 weeks... maybe I'll just buy all of Orianna's skins <_<

70% off Bucaneer Trist makes me laugh (it's a 520 skin!) but I do own Dragon Trainer Trist, so meh.

Wait is this on EUNE?

EDIT: Hold up do bundles not discount when you own some of their contents now?

subtles

Does anyone know where I can find the post match stats/history page for Kt vs Samsung? The main site only has the promotional tourney as far as I can see.

yfQKWVK.png

Got much better luck this time round - only one below 50%

Gonna pick up Pink Taric (hoping his VU for this skin is super gay!) and River Spirit Nami

Moonlight

Banned
PtbpWoR.png

Firecracker Jinx for 70% off is awesome. Everything else... bleh. Midnight Ahri haunts me wherever I go. This is my punishment for not buying anything off my comparatively better Snowdown Shop because I didn't want to spend money on the game back then.

Hard

Banned
Dunno if Shen is going to be played top after the rework now. His 1-2 game seems pretty weak, and he has basically no sustain or ranged abilities now, so ranged and poke champs like Pantheon and Lissandra will dump all over him. Maybe he'll be stronger as a jungler or a support against AA reliant ADCs.

Welp, that's not what I wanted.

Sure, I own all these characters and that's good ... but I only like Trist and Janna in there and I'm not interested in any Non-Dragon Trainer/ Forecast Janna skins for those 2.

Guess I'll save my RP.

jerd

I picked up warlord shen then realized he just got a VU and i have no clue what it looks like anymore :-(. Is it still best shen skin?

I don't like playing Soraka because of her hidden passive.

The one where her team members just fight like they're unkillable dum dums whenever she's around.

zkylon

zkylewd
yfQKWVK.png

Got much better luck this time round - only one below 50%

Gonna pick up Pink Taric (hoping his VU for this skin is super gay!) and River Spirit Nami
that sona skin is badass even if it doesn't have unique vfx

it's the one i most use at least

PtbpWoR.png

Firecracker Jinx for 70% off is awesome. Everything else... bleh. Midnight Ahri haunts me wherever I go. This is my punishment for not buying anything off my comparatively better Snowdown Shop because I didn't want to spend money on the game back then.
i wish i had gotten midnight ahri

it's the only one i'm missing ;_;

Talents

Banned
Literally got the most garbage Lunar Revel shop.

Already got Project Lucian, Underworld Twisted Fate, Grave Lord Azir, Bladecraft Orianna, and Academy Ekko. Genuinely laughing at how unlucky that shit is.

JulianImp

I wanted the Fizz and Lulu skins so this is a nice result.

I wish I had that kind of luck with my offers...

Oh well, at least I learned blackthorn morg isn't half bad and that I can get it for cheaper than her lunar revel skin with way better particle effects.

zkylon

zkylewd
i still don't understand how early sales work

How is Bladecraft Ori? Worth getting if I already have poro ori?

it's 750 rp quality (as in, no new particles or recall animation or anything fancy like that) but it's got a good splash and looks pretty decent in-game

i actually still use it quite a bit since i seem to have better games when wearing it for some reason

most ori skins are pretty decent, if they redid the splashes and upgraded ori's default vfx she'd have a great bunch of cheap and varied skins

poro ori is the best tho, poro ball is too good

Make sure to check the February sales schedule before you buy anything under 50% off!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/february-sales-schedule

Speaking of:

itp0NRu.png

8SSw3bm.png

Really?
i think a case could be made for less skins while guaranteeing they're all 50% or more (or less however u wanna see it), but ehh

mostly i wish the reveal animation didn't take so damn long

Bacon

it's 750 rp quality (as in, no new particles or recall animation or anything fancy like that) but it's got a good splash and looks pretty decent in-game

i actually still use it quite a bit since i seem to have better games when wearing it for some reason

most ori skins are pretty decent, if they redid the splashes and upgraded ori's default vfx she'd have a great bunch of cheap and varied skins

Cool it's 70 percent off for me so I'll probably grab it, thanks!

patchday

(gaf you still didnt tell me how to small quote my images)

So yeah this happened. Decided to go ahead and startup my placements

I'm Ryotian in the chat to the right. It's freakin' funny when a support goes nutz and starts getting "killing spree", "Godlike!!!", etc etc

Top Bottom