• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

So I've been playing League for four years and today I tried Renekton for the very first time.

Jesus Christ, why have I waited this long. I think he's my spirit animal.

Newt

Not bad, I'll prob pick up the Corki skin.
46d27d00f451d92c8fd4486a2e1113bb.png

drawkcaB

I need to try Xin again on the PBE because I'm getting different information on how his new W passive additions work with sated devoured.

So I've been playing League for four years and today I tried Renekton for the very first time.

Jesus Christ, why have I waited this long. I think he's my spirit animal.
If you've been playing for 4 years.and not tried him yet i'd argue that highlights how mediocre the champ is - even during the ropalne season 4 phase.

An Ilaoiaoiaoaiaoaoiaoioa
Lol
Yeah that basically depends if your good at laning against her. I have destroyed her as jax before. Basically you just need to learn how to dodge all of her stuff, then if she does the soul pull thing you have to go in and force a little fight, because if not she will just get off alot of free poke.
Yeah one problem jax has is that he takes time to ramp up but once you get like 3 items you are amazing.

Just had my first outing with Diana and I took her Top against a Garen.

... I always wanted to get into tanky champs because I like the idea of just stumping your lane enemy out of lane and just setting them so far back.

But GODDAMN, it feels soooo goood watching a tanky lane bully progress from being the big man in lane to being put down.

From level 1 he's all aggro on me, trying to chase me down. I have to spam Q to get some trades in from a safe distance. But then that shield power spike comes up and I get first blood after he all ins on me. (I died to cause he ran ignite instead of TP ..)

It just keeps going down hill from there for him. He goes from being a bully to being like "Ok, guess we're on equal footing ... >_>" to running like a child every time I show up cause now I'm 2 levels above him and he can't escape my R by running under the tower.

Is there something about Garen that promotes trying to kill your lane match up every time you see them at low levels? This is my 2nd time seeing this type of Garen play ... but maybe it's a Top lane thing.

Also, anyone else run Rageblade on Diana? I wanted to try it with NT in that match but the enemy team voted ff before I could get NT. Rageblade it fun on her.

Calvero

Banned
Lol
Yeah that basically depends if your good at laning against her. I have destroyed her as jax before. Basically you just need to learn how to dodge all of her stuff, then if she does the soul pull thing you have to go in and force a little fight, because if not she will just get off alot of free poke.
Yeah one problem jax has is that he takes time to ramp up but once you get like 3 items you are amazing.

Yeah, I'm still not all that used to laning against, as I rarely am matched up against her. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it. :]

Just had my first outing with Diana and I took her Top against a Garen.

... I always wanted to get into tanky champs because I like the idea of just stumping your lane enemy out of lane and just setting them so far back.

But GODDAMN, it feels soooo goood watching a tanky lane bully progress from being the big man in lane to being put down.

From level 1 he's all aggro on me, trying to chase me down. I have to spam Q to get some trades in from a safe distance. But then that shield power spike comes up and I get first blood after he all ins on me. (I died to cause he ran ignite instead of TP ..)

It just keeps going down hill from there for him. He goes from being a bully to being like "Ok, guess we're on equal footing ... >_>" to running like a child every time I show up cause now I'm 2 levels above him and he can't escape my R by running under the tower.

Is there something about Garen that promotes trying to kill your lane match up every time you see them at low levels? This is my 2nd time seeing this type of Garen play ... but maybe it's a Top lane thing.

Also, anyone else run Rageblade on Diana? I wanted to try it with NT in that match but the enemy team voted ff before I could get NT. Rageblade it fun on her.
Yeah i dont take her top because of tanks. I would need to try jungle devour jungle diana with rageblade and nashor. Im like 99% that regular ap is way better but i still want to mess around with that.
Yeah diana mid is alot better because she is an assassin and everyone mid lane is super squishy, also it allows you to roam alot easier, because once you get 6 you want to roam.

Costy, I'm calling you out. A few hours ago, as documented on this very message board, I had dragonblade riven on sale for 40% off. This deal has been stripped away from me and replaced with motherfucking tango twisted fate. A champ I own 3 skins on already. WTF.

EDIT:To add insult upon injury, they took my deal that i had on hired gun lucian and replaced it with striker. Like, can i send a report ticket for this?

Ferga

erghhh

Another terrible personal skin sale full of old recolours.

All I want is pool party Zac or reksai..... or even brown voli...

zkylon

zkylewd
i get the feeling lizzy's gonna get nerfed cos she she can do fqc into roa. tho idk, fqc got nerfed again, so she might be ok for rito

personally i think she feels kinda bad cos your zhonyas gets delayed like forever now

I don't want to believe that

world we live in, it's rough

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
guLYFJt.png

Decided to check the offers on my NA account and they were all shit as expected but then literally the last one I click is a 70% discount on Void Fizz which is what I always play on EU (best skin, best champion).

And I have just enough RP for some reason (450 RP, I think it dates from the good old times when they gave points for server issues).

Nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how many ppl buy any of the bundles

like 3k for a bunch of random champions isn't super cheap and similarly paying all that money to have all the skins for one champion doesn't sound wise either

i'm really curious if they make any real money out of them

roa into fqc isn't strong on liss

roa into abyssal is what's strong.
it's fqc into roa (not the other way around) what's been popping up in competitive which is what i'm guessing rito's looking at the most

and sure roa into abyssal is strong cos both items are op sure

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i wonder how many ppl buy any of the bundles

like 3k for a bunch of random champions isn't super cheap and similarly paying all that money to have all the skins for one champion doesn't sound wise either

i'm really curious if they make any real money out of them

it's fqc into roa (not the other way around) what's been popping up in competitive which is what i'm guessing rito's looking at the most

and sure roa into abyssal is strong cos both items are op sure

i mean if they make more than 1.5bil a year i guess it doesn't really matter lol

garen sucks ass if he doesnt snowball so he has to kill his lane opponent.
Ohhh, I see.
Sucks for him cause I'm OK with fighting like a bitch until I feel strong enough to shut em down.

Yeah i dont take her top because of tanks. I would need to try jungle devour jungle diana with rageblade and nashor. Im like 99% that regular ap is way better but i still want to mess around with that.
Yeah diana mid is alot better because she is an assassin and everyone mid lane is super squishy, also it allows you to roam alot easier, because once you get 6 you want to roam.
I figured she would be a better JG than mid laner but that might be because the only time I took a melee champ Mid tried to poo after they swapped lanes cause their Cow got worked by my Kat.

I actually REALLY like Diana! She's the first melee non tanky champ that I liked playing ... wonder if Wukong is this fun. He seems simple and that new skin is straight fire.

Ohhh, I see.
Sucks for him cause I'm OK with fighting like a bitch until I feel strong enough to shut em down.

I figured she would be a better JG than mid laner but that might be because the only time I took a melee champ Mid tried to poo after they swapped lanes cause their Cow got worked by my Kat.

I actually REALLY like Diana! She's the first melee non tanky champ that I liked playing ... wonder if Wukong is this fun. He seems simple and that new skin is straight fire.
Yeah when you play a melee mid lane you have to play alot different than a ranged one. You have to learn how to farm and not take a bunch of poke.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean if they make more than 1.5bil a year i guess it doesn't really matter lol
everything matters, more money is more money and happier players is a way to get more money

i just find bundles to be weird value proposition because rito shouldn't ever be trying to sell ppl stuff they don't want (as in, you buy a bundle with 5 champions but only care about 3 or whatever)

like say you had something like you can pick 3 champions and you get a 10% discount on the whole thing, then 30% if you buy 4 champions at once, etc. make it available only a few times a year or whatever. or maybe limited to certain classes if u want, who knows

idk, things like that feel like they empower the players rather than put them in a weird situation of having to buy things you don't want to

but either way, i'd be interested to know how successful they are cos bundles sound to me like they're pretty outdated, but might be just me and everyone buys em, idk

kenbo

so, this friend of mine goes up to her mom and tells her if she can borrow her credit card to buy herself a new league skin and mom tells her, "get your own credit card... kappa"

dang

vayne skin is really nice also

gj

cmon boka that's like the best annie skin

cmon I have panda annie already

Luigi87

So currently if a game has Sona in it the client will crash for anyone trying to spectate.

And people think she isn't strong!

Bacon

I might be going crazy but I'm 95 percent sure the lunar store just took one discount away from me and gave me a different one when I reopened the shop. I wish I took a screenshot so i could confirm it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So it looks like I need to get better at my CSing. Any tips on how to maximise unit kills efficiently, mainly for a top/mid person?

Nekofrog

Banned
the usual way, go into a custom game with 0 runes and masteries and learn how to last hit without them by yourself with no bots. do this a few times every day. once you are to the point where you can reliably get around 70-80% of the CS with no runes or masteries, do it against bots in your own custom game. once you feel ready, you should be fine last hitting with actual runes and masteries with a little more practice.

kenbo

the usual way, go into a custom game with 0 runes and masteries and learn how to last hit without them by yourself with no bots. do this a few times every day. once you are to the point where you can reliably get around 70-80% of the CS with no runes or masteries, do it against bots in your own custom game. once you feel ready, you should be fine last hitting with actual runes and masteries with a little more practice.

WTF league of legends is kung fu now

Riot this is how you repay me? Come on it's my League-birthday. I have 3 years playing this game. :(

4AheOUY.png

Also, since it's my League-birthday™* I asked support how much money I have spent in this game. Enough to buy 320 Big Macs in my country apparently... yeah.. so go figure.

* Patent pending

Ferga

So it looks like I need to get better at my CSing. Any tips on how to maximise unit kills efficiently, mainly for a top/mid person?

Once you get better at last hitting you got to learn how to control waves, especially at level 1-3. This is what gets you a cs lead over the enemy if you are both equally skilled at csing.

You can free farm and avoid any harass from the enemy laner if you push into them quickly at level 1-2 or you can freeze caster minions just outside of your turret at level 2-3 and free farm there.

If you fast push into turret, the enemy will have to waste cds and mana to last hit under turret. Do not harass them during this time unless you 100% know the jungler is not near your lane. Too many dumbasses do this and start to auto the enemy/turret and just die to jungle ganks. Just back off and wait for the wave to reset. You will eventually force the guy to back if you keep this up since he'll be tanking minions and using mana to cs.

If you let the lane slowly push into your turret but not allow the casters to reach turret range, you freeze the lane hard. This sets up an easy gank on the enemy if they choose to cs.

Play some custom games and get a feel of how the waves will push at level 1 (its RNG btw. It's based on how the minions target each other the moment they reach the lane.) and how many minions you need to kill to get the wave to push or to freeze.

Nekofrog

Banned
Play some custom games and get a feel of how the waves will push at level 1 (its RNG btw. It's based on how the minions target each other the moment they reach the lane.) and how many minions you need to kill to get the wave to push or to freeze.

not entirely true anymore. minions have a dynamic prioritization now when they meet in lane so that you're not punished by RNG for no reason at all.

at least they're supposed to. cause i sure as hell still get chased by one minion with a vendetta against me at level 1 if i even show my face near the wave before it meets and have to run to a bush or kill it before it leaves me alone.

Top Bottom