• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Been using new Shen in my ranked. 3-0 so far. He's incredibly dangerous to blind pick, but against bruisers he is incredibly powerful. Once you master his passive he's awesome. And his W is game changing in areas like the jungle.

I really, really like him.

This is my feeling about the new Shen too. I feel like if you get into a matchup against a ranged top laner and he's not significantly worse or you're not significantly better, it's going to be a tough lane.

Yeah, champ select is pretty much where you want to avoid situations like this. Champions that should give you a warning as to dodge are listed below (check profiles on op.gg).

ADC:

Ezreal
Vayne
Jhin
Cait
Kalista

Support:

Thresh
Bard
Vel'Koz
Lux

Jungle

Yi
Lee Sin
Nocturne
Rengar
Nidalee

Mid

Yasuo
Zed
Viktor
Leblanc
Azir

Darius
Rengar
Illaoi
Riven
Fiora
Yasuo

If you want to know my reasoning for a specific champ, go ahead.

I would like to hear the reasoning for Illaoi and especially Fiora. Also Viktor Lol, Im surprised you didn't have shaco in the jungle section.

Newt

Already mentioned Viktor.

As for Illaoi, she's a champion with no CC. You have to real know what you're doing to be useful. I see her the same as I see Darius.

zkylon

zkylewd
cmon, illaoi and fiora

how do you not roll your eyes when u get them on ur team

i would probably add ori to that list

i think i have maybe once seen an ori i respected :p

Fiora is like the Yasuo of top lane. You gotta be decent with her otherwise you get stomped

Agreed on Ori, but no one plays Ori but high level people so whatever.

pigeon

Banned
Illaoi is a teamfight/area control juggernaut, which is just really hard to play effectively. Even other juggernauts can kite Illaoi, because without a tentacle nearby she doesn't do anything.

I don't really think that's a player problem, I think the champ itself is just designed for a situation which very rarely comes up in the current meta.

Fiora is a melee carry like Yasuo and has many of the same problems, except that she's stronger in lane at the cost of having even less utility. Everything she does is offense -- even her utility (ult) is offense! So a bad Fiora contributes basically nothing to the team. Also pretty much every matchup with Fiora is a skill matchup because of her W.

Nekofrog

Banned
Already mentioned Viktor.

As for Illaoi, she's a champion with no CC. You have to real know what you're doing to be useful. I see her the same as I see Darius.

good darius players are completely oppressive in lane and even if down 3 or 4 kills still puts out a ludicrious amount of damage in a teamfight

illaoi feels like the intended purpose of the champion fits a meta like season 1 or 2 when mobility wasnt as free and easy to come by. if she had been released then she'd have wrekt everything and then been reworked in the juggernaut update

Newt

good darius players are completely oppressive in lane and even if down 3 or 4 kills still puts out a ludicrious amount of damage in a teamfight
Good Yasuo players can completely turn around a teamfight with a well placed q. That's not the point.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fiora is like the Yasuo of top lane. You gotta be decent with her otherwise you get stomped

Agreed on Ori, but no one plays Ori but high level people so whatever.
yo i play ori and i'm not no one

Stuff like Ori and Draven I would put on the list, but they're so uncommon it's not even worth it.
draven is rare but whenever i've seen him played i've gotten hard carried so idk, probably not on my personal list

*checks op.gg*

*bans Jhin*

That happened last night ..
HgcCMoy.jpg

Guy decided not to ban him but the Bot guy decided to change to Twitch. They got into it again and someone Dodged.

Yep, sounds like Allowee alright. I find building Ice Gauntlets first way more useful than building steraaks or bc. Then Mallet especially if you have Supressor mastery. I dunno, I love expecting ganks then positionin my self for the gank to dunk for a double lol.

Fiora... Eh.. Fuck that broken bitch.
I only use her when I want to secure a win since it's so easy to stomp.

Nekofrog

Banned
Good Yasuo players can completely turn around a teamfight with a well placed q. That's not the point.

i disagree. it's really easy for a darius to build super tanky, spam Q and auto things and kill it in an R, while surviving the fight.

it's really difficult for a yasuo to do anything outside of master. darius can be used at any elo effectively.

Zeds Lifedrinkers wtf does that even mean

I miss takes caviars

apparently rito took my frostqueen blitz and deemed him to be a duelist, because i am now one of blitzcranks duelists

garath

Fiora is like so easy to stomp lane though. Even if she falls behind early, she'll still win 1v1 once she hits 6. I don't even play top and I stomp lane with her when I've played her.

The trap she falls into is really failing the teamfights. I watch so many fed fioras just suicide over and over thinking they are godly because they were 1v1 and 1v2'ing with ease in the laning phase.

I don't mind having fioras on my team. I just know I have to create splitting opportunities for her and give her the vision to dominate the top half of the map early.

Hard

Banned
That happened last night ..

Guy decided not to ban him but the Bot guy decided to change to Twitch. They got into it again and someone Dodged.

Whomever banned Jhin & whomever dodged did the right thing. That lobby was going to be toxic from the get-go.

Fiora is like so easy to stomp lane though. Even if she falls behind early, she'll still win 1v1 once she hits 6. I don't even play top and I stomp lane with her when I've played her.

The trap she falls into is really failing the teamfights. I watch so many fed fioras just suicide over and over thinking they are godly because they were 1v1 and 1v2'ing with ease in the laning phase.

I don't mind having fioras on my team. I just know I have to create splitting opportunities for her and give her the vision to dominate the top half of the map early.

% health true damage is so stuuuuuupid. Please revert it into physical, or magic please, so there's at least SOME counterplay.

I get why Vayne has it, it fits her identity as a tank-buster, and her kit enforces it as such. Fiora, there's just no need.

Nekofrog

Banned
no one type of attack should mitigate both armor and HP on something like fiora's proc system. that's too much

at least with irelia you can just build HP and shit on her. imagine if W did %hp based damage on every auto.

pls rito do that for me.

pigeon

Banned
% health true damage is so stuuuuuupid. Please revert it into physical, or magic please, so there's at least SOME counterplay.

I get why Vayne has it, it fits her identity as a tank-buster, and her kit enforces it as such. Fiora, there's just no need.

This is so weird. Fiora shows you which 90 degree angle she needs to be in when she hits you, and it's your job to not let her hit you there. Counterplay doesn't just mean "I can buy an item to beat her." Just don't stand in a place where she can Q your vitals, or if she does Q you, then outplay her W. If she blows her ult in lane, just bail out.

Who are you guys playing into Fiora?

zkylon

zkylewd
imo fiora is just a numbers problem

% hp true dmg is not a problem on vayne and it's not really on fiora, fiora's problem right now is that she has access to that too easy and that she can build quite heavy for a light fighter and still pretty much oneshot carries

i think she should be forced to itemize more dmg to get the same effects (as in, lower bases, and higher ratios to compensate, not necessarily in the same rate) and whatever survivability she lost just put it into riposte (maybe reduce cd if correctly riposte'd, idk)

pigeon

Banned
imo fiora is just a numbers problem

% hp true dmg is not a problem on vayne and it's not really on fiora, fiora's problem right now is that she has access to that too easy and that she can build quite heavy for a light fighter and still pretty much oneshot carries

i think she should be forced to itemize more dmg to get the same effects (as in, lower bases, and higher ratios to compensate, not necessarily in the same rate) and whatever survivability she lost just put it into riposte (maybe reduce cd if correctly riposte'd, idk)

The biggest weird problem I see with Fiora's design is that she's actually deliberately designed to scale badly with crit (because both halves of E get reduced benefit), which is antithetical to what I thought was Riot's normal melee carry strategy of just making them build ADC items.

So I don't really disagree, and I think basically she should get somewhat lower numbers but get crit scaling in her passive and Q and maybe reduce the crit penalties in her E. Then she has to build Zeal like all the other carries and can't just pick up Titanic and be beefy.

But overall, like, I don't really understand the deep hatred for her, I think she's very strong right now but I don't really experience her as oppressive in lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's probably to push her into hydra builds cos waveclear is so important for solo laners and a sort-of-squishy melee champion with no ranged spells or other waveclear other than autos is probably in trouble without it

hydra is definitely gonna be core on her and other stuff would probably shift her more into an assassin or bruiser route or something

TOO CUTE. She's so heavy. Posed next to a Nendo for size. Comes with this cool card with a code so you can make sure you got an authentic one.

Very nice.

looks great, series 2 off to a great start

Nekofrog

Banned
thats the thing. she's not oppressive in lane. you can put her behind early but you can NEVER shut her down completely unless your jungler is legit 100% camping her over and over and over. as soon as she hits 6, she can obliterate any lead you got on her unless it's a totally astronomical one.

Nekofrog

Banned
Fiora is supposed to be someone that can 1v1 anything in the game, she needs the passive so she can beat tanks and juggernauts.

you should be rewarded if you out duel what is designed to be the ultimate duelist. as it is, you just put a small road bump in her power spike that allows her to 1v1 nearly anyone at level 6 regardless of what happened before that

Hard

Banned
At least up the cool-down and tone down the % of the true damage.

What would be a nice compensation buff would be to cut the cool-down of Riposte by ~50% if she successfully parries an enemy attack or ability.

you should be rewarded if you out duel what is designed to be the ultimate duelist. as it is, you just put a small road bump in her power spike that allows her to 1v1 nearly anyone at level 6 regardless of what happened before that
You can still beat her at 6, even more so if she's behind. Out dueling her shouldn't mean "she's irrelevant", her kit is meant to turn disadvantages around if you play right.

Nekofrog

Banned
You can still beat her at 6, even more so if she's behind. Out dueling her shouldn't mean "she's irrelevant", her kit is meant to turn disadvantages around if you play right.

her kit might be meant to do that, but right now her "kit", at level 6, means get a Q proc on a vital, press R, walk around and hit all vitals and win fight. riposte something in the middle of that.

it's absurd how easy it is despite what you've done before that. there's outplay and then there's "lol cena wins" level 6 fiora.

Nerf the things surrounding the ult then. Reduce the MS she gets early, how long she has to proc the vitals, etc.

What I think is stupid about her is that Riposte has a slow/AS slow, it's unnecessary, if you bait Riposte she needs to suffer for it. That's another thing that could be hit, make it so she can't just use it to chase during ult with the slow.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you just turned the %hp true damage into physical, it would solve a lot of problems.

true damage is fine as a stat.

%hp damage is fine as a stat.

bundling them up on a champion like that is just asking for trouble, especially when they have the ability to cancel out nearly any form of cc/damage with an ability.

Deleting her from the game would certainly solve things, yeah.

You act as if armor is irrelevant vs her when competitive Fioras are forced to rush Cleaver to stay relevant. Her passive is not the problem. Not saying she's fine mind you, but the passive is the wrong place to hit.

Nekofrog

Banned
wut?

there's a reason fiora is picked into tank tops in OGN. like, intentionally picked. she dumpsters them regardless of tank stats.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nerf the things surrounding the ult then. Reduce the MS she gets early, how long she has to proc the vitals, etc.

What I think is stupid about her is that Riposte has a slow/AS slow, it's unnecessary, if you bait Riposte she needs to suffer for it. That's another thing that could be hit, make it so she can't just use it to chase during ult with the slow.
i think that wouldn't be good, maybe yes to the attack speed slow but i think having a bit of utility is always good to avoid making champions too one-note

Calvero

Banned
Yeah, champ select is pretty much where you want to avoid situations like this. Champions that should give you a warning as to dodge are listed below (check profiles on op.gg).

ADC:

Ezreal
Vayne
Jhin
Cait
Kalista

Support:

Thresh
Bard
Vel'Koz
Lux

Jungle

Yi
Lee Sin
Nocturne
Rengar
Nidalee

Mid

Yasuo
Zed
Viktor
Leblanc
Azir

Darius
Rengar
Illaoi
Riven
Fiora
Yasuo

If you want to know my reasoning for a specific champ, go ahead.

why ban yasuo? everyone is so good with him

wut?

there's a reason fiora is picked into tank tops in OGN. like, intentionally picked. she dumpsters them regardless of tank stats.
I'm not saying she's bad vs tanks but armor + HP does help.

I gotta say, maybe doing what Zky said and making her more item dependant could work I guess. Not that it matters since she'll probably go crazy with Duskblade, fuck that item.
i think that wouldn't be good, maybe yes to the attack speed slow but i think having a bit of utility is always good to avoid making champions too one-note
The slow isn't used for utility, it's used to snowball harder. She has a stun she can use, Riposte being something you can just throw is dumb.

jerd

I'm always fascinated by stuff like this, it's like outsider music. Somehow somebody got the idea that AP Udyr was a good idea. How and why? It invites so much curiosity.

It wouldn't be good without the 10% move speed that runic echoes gives. With that and swifties he just flies

Top Bottom