• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Haven't really seen a good Jhin yet. Mid lane Jhin is useless. Too easy of a target for mages. Not convinced about bot. I haven't played him personally but something about the ultimate needs to change. I guess it comes out too delayed or something because it's really common to see people missing easy shots on it. Seems like a total failure of design for whatever sniper stuff they were going for, because the precision just isn't there.

pigeon

Banned
I'm not really sure why people think Shaco needs a rework. I mean, I hate him, but I'm pretty sure that's the design intention. I don't actually see him as overpowered. If anything, I think he's an example of successfully using stealth as a design element in a competitive game -- very powerful, but very limited and manageable.

Jeff-DSA

I haven't played a ranked match since before Ekko was released. I have probably played 2-3 normals since then and last night was the first time I've played since the summer. Screw it, I'm jumping straight into placements. I'm back.

Oh wait, I have to reset my masteries, it seems. After that, I'm back.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played a couple of games today. No idea what's going on so I just picked Janna. Janna never changes.

Had a stressful, but fulfilling ranked game as Quinn top today. I start by crushing Garen in lane so hard that he's useless, but our mid corki feeds the enemy fizz, and before i know it, I am being 3-manned over and over again by fizz, garen and tahm kench. Somehow, despite getting my laning phase trashed, Our triple adc team of Corki, Lucian and Quinn (featuring Rammus) manage to turn the game around with good teamfight mechanics, and win the game. I have never felt more giddy then I did then, knowing that Fizz's efforts were in vain.

Hard

Banned
Had a stressful, but fulfilling ranked game as Quinn top today. I start by crushing Garen in lane so hard that he's useless, but our mid corki feeds the enemy fizz, and before i know it, I am being 3-manned over and over again by fizz, garen and tahm kench. Somehow, despite getting my laning phase trashed, Our triple adc team of Corki, Lucian and Quinn (featuring Rammus) manage to turn the game around with good teamfight mechanics, and win the game. I have never felt more giddy then I did then, knowing that Fizz's efforts were in vain.

People like you deserve to ___________________

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not really sure why people think Shaco needs a rework. I mean, I hate him, but I'm pretty sure that's the design intention. I don't actually see him as overpowered. If anything, I think he's an example of successfully using stealth as a design element in a competitive game -- very powerful, but very limited and manageable.
the problem with shaco is that
a) his stealth is definitely not healthy. someone randomly appearing next to you is not good gameplay which is why they've tried with warning systems for eve and rengar, with limited results.
b) his visual design is really bad and he has little personality outside of being a troll thing that like slides while dancing

i imagine he'd keep a lot of his current kit tbh, but his passive and e would probably go for something more nuanced and interactive and i imagine they'd have to make changes to his stealth to make it acceptable

they really should make a "stealth rework" patch and add proper items for dealing with stealth and proper mechanics changes to champions that use it

none of the champions that have used stealth in the past have in any way made the game better. in almost every case it's a stat check+pínk check and that's it, that's too binary and uninteresting and definitely doesn't do justice to the concept

like i said before, i'd make pinks not work on invisible champions and balance everything around that.

There's an undertale anime?
nope, ignore boko

More like chaotic lewd

Lewd that knows no bounds and conforms to no rules
i'll take it

Played a couple of games today. No idea what's going on so I just picked Janna. Janna never changes.

if you're just gonna play janna why bother at all :>

jerd

Power has nothing to do with it really. He desperately needs a full visual update, or at the very least a VO update but I'm not sure they do those independently. I guess it's a little selfish, but I personally just think he feels terrible to play as, with, or against. I know there are people who really enjoy him, and some higher elo people/better players can make him useful well into late game, but his kit just feels so lame. Honestly if they put his passive on his Q, gave him a real visible passive, and made his clone cast his E if it's in range (obviously all of this would come with numbers changes) so it didn't completely blow your cover I think he'd be really cool.

Zky is absolutely right though, he's in a perfectly playable state, can be played around, and can be strong in the right hands so he's pretty unlikely to see a rework anytime soon. I just feel like there is a lot more potential there.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think q, jack in the box and ult will probably stick, they're all his iconic abilities and they're all pretty harmless in themselves with some tweaks, specially q

but yeah, he's gonna be dealt with later

i do think rito needs to figure out how stealth fits into their game because interacting with it right now is completely unenjoyable.

i think q, jack in the box and ult will probably stick, they're all his iconic abilities and they're all pretty harmless in themselves with some tweaks, specially q

but yeah, he's gonna be dealt with later

i do think rito needs to figure out how stealth fits into their game because interacting with it right now is completely unenjoyable.

What about removing stealth altogether. Make his ult his Q (adjusted obviously) that keeps going into the same direction you were headed to. Maybe actions as well but reduced damage (0 to non champions).

Dunno about the ult. Maybe 4 clones at the same time. Real Shaco does more damage the more clones are standing.

Calvero

Banned
I like the games where you carry so hard that your team will listen to everything you say. You hold all the power, you can throw the game on a whim.

23qwerty

n4vfCsR.png]

first game in over 2 months, pretty solid

patchday

I like the games where you carry so hard that your team will listen to everything you say. You hold all the power, you can throw the game on a whim.

I played one ranked game where I got carried so hard I kid you not I accused this dude of being Faker's alt or something

zkylon

zkylewd
What about removing stealth altogether. Make his ult his Q (adjusted obviously) that keeps going into the same direction you were headed to. Maybe actions as well but reduced damage (0 to non champions).

Dunno about the ult. Maybe 4 clones at the same time. Real Shaco does more damage the more clones are standing.

i was thinking about something like his ult is his passive and there's always two shacos on (unless you kill one, then it's on cooldown for 120s or something like that)

he can only move himself while the other one just goofs around. and you "control" both. like if u throw a dagger the closest shaco throws the dagger, same with jack in the box

idk

something goofy like that

Calvero

Banned
While I understand not wanting to surrender if there's hope of winning, I honestly don't get why people would want to keep on playing once it's clear we'll only end up wasting time.

If someone on my team is playing dumb or being an ass, I will say no every time. I will waste their time if they waste mine.

patchday

While I understand not wanting to surrender if there's hope of winning, I honestly don't get why people would want to keep on playing once it's clear we'll only end up wasting time.

I like to stay for the practice (esp if its Normals cause I dont give a care if we win I'm just practicing a new character anyway)

Now in ranked I like to keep playing and try to win

I still surrender sometimes though if my entire team is plain miserable.

subtles

I'm surprised Fiora hasn't been looked at with the number of streamers complaining about the champion. Poppy seems to have been hit quite hard.

Sofo

Had a really fun Blitz game the other day and it was also that glorious +IP (this is without the daily win bonus). I kinda sucked at hooks in lane and Sivir/Brand was a bit of a pin in the butt, but the game itself was intense haha. Galio did sooo much damage, but once I got Banshee's Veil it was just a matter of time of being ready to stun it.

It had been a while since I had played Blitz so I kinda KS'd a bit due to not being too familiar with damages (and I was going full tank runes/masteries too!)

Anivia too, ugh @_@

Fun times!

1ea26db665.jpg

Just had another wonderful rump stump with Diana.

Good way to close out the night.
I know I hate it when I'm on the receiving end but it feels sooo good to snow ball into this threat that makes people turn tail and run unless they're in a group of 3.

Anyone else tried Gunblade + Rageblade + NT on Diana?
I went Gunblade after I got tired of throwing my body into them and getting killed cause our tank wasn't there. Only got it pretty late right before the FFed but it was fun watching 3/4 of them cave in on me only to find that I keep healing outta the death blow as I melt them. Wanted to get the Lich Bane in there but nope ... :/

Might just be because I'm a noob playing other noobs that it works but I find it to be fun :)

Had one with Jinx to.

Ferga

S1-3 ADC
S3 Udyr
S4 Jarvan
S5 Reksai/Voli/Zac
S6 Udyr

Currently 9 wins 1 loss on Udyr. Once again, good old Udyr carrying me through plat.

Blizzard

Banned
There are still angry people ingame sometimes, but the dynamic lobby system replacing team builder seems like one of the best things Riot has done.

I'm not sure I've seen ANYONE complaining about wanting to play a certain role, and queue times seem reasonable. Lobbies are mostly civil now.

Leezard

There are still angry people ingame sometimes, but the dynamic lobby system replacing team builder seems like one of the best things Riot has done.

I'm not sure I've seen ANYONE complaining about wanting to play a certain role, and queue times seem reasonable. Lobbies are mostly civil now.

Yup. Even when people are having issues with each other, I find it's mostly civil. In one game our mid laner wanted to play mid Jhin for the first time, we banned him; our mid laner was not completely happy, but he was reasonable and picked Ezreal instead. It's a great success.

Also you get good things like 5x intended Draven picks.

garath

Yeah. The actual dynamic queue role chooser is splendid. I still wish they'd have an audio and ui focus cue when you are banning but other than that it's pretty sweet.

The pre selection seems pretty useless though. More and more we're getting people that don't pick anything, pick random stuff or like Leezard says - all Draven!

Btw, welcome back.

Ferga

Currently 11 win 1 loss on Udyr.

Got complimented two games in a row in post game lobby

I can probably name change, post my opgg in champselect and pose as trick2g. People will probably believe me.

JulianImp

If someone on my team is playing dumb or being an ass, I will say no every time. I will waste their time if they waste mine.

Seriously, I hate how some people go "an eye for an eye" to "spite" trolls while forgetting the two aren't the only people playing, which is giving trolls exactly what they're after in the first place and only results in pissing the rest of the team off, possibly resulting in a negative feedback loop where they "get back" at others in later games to vent their frustration using similar toxic behavior.

I still surrender sometimes though if my entire team is plain miserable.

Being three towers, a dragon and ten kills behind at minute 20 with no one in the team having any decent items yet kind of fits my definition of miserable. Even support Sona could go harass our laners with relative impunity, which was hilarious.

Tizoc

Currently 11 win 1 loss on Udyr.

Got complimented two games in a row in post game lobby

I can probably name change, post my opgg in champselect and pose as trick2g. People will probably believe me.
What're your builds and masteries on Udyr

Top Bottom