• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Leezard

Seriously, I hate how some people go "an eye for an eye" to "spite" trolls while forgetting the two aren't the only people playing, which is giving trolls exactly what they're after in the first place and only results in pissing the rest of the team off, possibly resulting in a negative feedback loop where they "get back" at others in later games to vent their frustration using similar toxic behavior.

Being three towers, a dragon and ten kills behind at minute 20 with no one in the team having any decent items yet kind of fits my definition of miserable. Even support Sona could go harass our laners with relative impunity, which was hilarious.
That's not that bad of a disadvantage tbh. It's possible to make a comeback unless you have a completely shit team comp without cc and you notice your opponents aren't bad enough to fall for split pushing.

Remember that it's always possible to throw in solo queue.

That's not that bad of a disadvantage tbh. It's possible to make a comeback unless you have a completely shit team comp without cc and you notice your opponents aren't bad enough to fall for split pushing.

It is very possible my team does it all the time.

phinious

Whos the fotm champs right now. Went from mid gold to bottom of silver. Tried climbing my way out with blitz and nami, but i keep getting paired with shyvannas and shens. Guess I need to carry myself out.

Traps have higher AD than AP scaling and Q is just a bit higher, you'll just cripple yourself to do the same thing lol
Tbf, not that I'm advocating anyone running AP Jhin or anything, but AP scaling is always lower than AD scaling in general because AP comes in higher quantities per item.
It'd be a weak play style for him. But his ability damage would probably end up being higher even though the scaling is lower.

Of course, that's my assumption assuming the scaling are balanced appropriately. Don't have the numbers to hand.

Seems like all ad ratios would be higher because you can't get 800 ad like you can with ap.
Jhin can realistically get over 1000 AD if you have Janna, he'll deal pretty much the same if not higher damage on his hybrid scaling abilities with an AD build without half of his kit being useless.
Tbf, not that I'm advocating anyone running AP Jhin or anything, but AP scaling is always lower than AD scaling in general because AP comes in higher quantities per item.
It'd be a weak play style for him. But his ability damage would probably end up being higher even though the scaling is lower.

Of course, that's my assumption assuming the scaling are balanced appropriately. Don't have the numbers to hand.
Jhin's thing is that he can get AP-like numbers on his AD thanks to how his passive works. A full build Jhin won't have less than 700+ AD.
;.; , can't hurt trying :') . I don't expect that match being fun though.
I'm sure those 20 minutes will be painful lol it sounds almost as bad as my on hit Cho build.

Almost.

phinious

Jhin can realistically get over 1000 AD if you have Janna, he'll deal pretty much the same if not higher damage on his hybrid scaling abilities with an AD build without half of his kit being useless.

Jhin's thing is that he can get AP-like numbers on his AD thanks to how his passive works. A full build Jhin won't have less than 700+ AD.

I'm sure those 20 minutes will be painful lol it sounds almost as bad as my on hit Cho build.

Almost.

Oh I see. Thanks for explaining.

*checks op.gg*

*bans Jhin*

what ya checking? lol.

Anyway I saw someone use lich bane, luden's on him and was dealing okay damage so Yea, I'm guessing that makes sense.

I gotta get out of bronze again though, the quality of teammates I get to play with is nothing short of amazing. I try to ignore it as much as possible then try to at least hold some semblance of organization once the games start. If it's one thing I notice about people aroudn this elo is that people chase kills so much. Towers and Drags basically nonexistent to them. One pet peeve is when they continue to push mid after destroying their inhib. >.<

Newt

From what I've played of Jhin, he's actually quite a difficult champ. I can't recommend him for anyone playing ranked in bronze or silver lol.

JulianImp

Oh, it actually wasn't that last game I played, but a previous one. Here's the game in question:
s6EkVOT.png

There're games I can tell we've still got a chance at winning, and there're a couple where I don't think we do but a lane gets so fed they can carry us anyway. This wasn't one of those games, with our freaking Lee Sin feeding every single lane up to ridiculous levels, everybody on the enemy team getting at least two complete items (and Thresh even having a third), and CS for our team being downright awful except for Tristana's (with me outfarming our freaking jungler).

Bad positioning, lack of team cohesion and Lee Sin's gold delivery service helped assure we wouldn't stand a chance in hell of doing anything. How do you propose the enemy team could've thrown the game in this state? Even if they did a really risky Baron dive or something, we had no vision or map control whatsoever to capitalize on that, and the absurd gold lead meant they were way better equipped in case a fight broke out unless they did something downright dumb such as walking around with <10% health for no good reason.

From what I've played of Jhin, he's actually quite a difficult champ. I can't recommend him for anyone playing ranked in bronze or silver lol.

Tis true. He's the only marksman I feel that is worth playing so I think I'll practice him in normals. I been telling people that he's difficult. Positioning is needed lol.

Newt

Oh, it actually wasn't that last game I played, but a previous one.
Here's how you play out games like this. Identify the team dumbass (in this case it's obviously Lee Sin). Regulate his build. Say something like, "Lee go full tank". If the Lee Sin continues to ignore that, start throwing some threats in. "Lee, full tank or I'm afk".

Also start micromanaging their gameplay too, "Lee, just farm, you're too behind to gank". If they continue to do stupid shit, escalate it even more. "Lee, if I see stupid shit like that again, I'm out".

If none of these methods work, go ahead and afk at fountain. Make sure you're moving around and stuff, don't want to get flagged by leavebuster. You can also leave the game, and if your team surrenders within 3 minutes, you won't get flagged for leaving. The purpose of this is mostly to speed up the game, so you can move on to the next match.

Remember though, there's only so much you can do ingame. Champ select is the true frontier you need to conquer.

JulianImp

Here's how you play out games like this. Identify the team dumbass (in this case it's obviously Lee Sin). Regulate his build. Say something like, "Lee go full tank". If the Lee Sin continues to ignore that, start throwing some threats in. "Lee, full tank or I'm afk".

Also start micromanaging their gameplay too, "Lee, just farm, you're too behind to gank". If they continue to do stupid shit, escalate is even more. "Lee, if I see stupid shit like that again, I'm out".

If none of these methods work, go ahead and afk at fountain. Make sure you're moving around and stuff, don't want to get flagged by leavebuster. You can also leave the game, and if your team surrenders within 3 minutes, you won't get flagged for leaving. The purpose of this is mostly to speed up the game, so you can move on to the next match.

I guess I'll have to try that the next time this kind of thing happens, but the problem is I'm not knowledgeable enough with other roles so I can't go around giving advice on champion builds to try and steer them in the right track (unless I go check out recommended builds on the Internet, I guess).

After looking at Lee's loadout, it seems he had no runes, 18/7/0 masteries and his item build was:
  • Start: Jungle potion, machete
  • 5:53: Blue jungle sword (don't know its EN name)
  • 13:32: Devourer
  • 21:16: Mobility boots, Claufield's warhammer
I also remember seeing him camp mid's top river bush for minutes at a time without doing anything noteworthy (other than getting himself killed) and the one time he did come down to bot to "help" he did so by entering the lane from behind rather than from the river, which gave the enemy adc/support lots of time to safely get away. The best part is he even began the game saying he was a smurf account.

Newt

Yeah, champ select is pretty much where you want to avoid situations like this. Champions that should give you a warning as to dodge are listed below (check profiles on op.gg).

ADC:

Ezreal
Vayne
Jhin
Cait
Kalista

Support:

Thresh
Bard
Vel'Koz
Lux

Jungle

Yi
Lee Sin
Nocturne
Rengar
Nidalee

Mid

Yasuo
Zed
Viktor
Leblanc
Azir

Darius
Rengar
Illaoi
Riven
Fiora
Yasuo

If you want to know my reasoning for a specific champ, go ahead.

pigeon

Banned
So I know you've said that Caitlyn is one of the harder ADCs to play, Newt, but I'm interested in what you think is hard about her specifically. I feel like it's pretty easy to bully people in lane with her. What do you think is especially challenging about using her?

Talents

Banned
Yeah, champ select is pretty much where you want to avoid situations like this. Champions that should give you a warning as to dodge are listed below (check profiles on op.gg).

Support:

Thresh

Mid

Viktor

I understand all of them apart from Viktor and Thresh. I play Viktor quite often and have played him since before his rework. I pretty much know how to play him into any matchup. Hell he's the only champ I'm actually comfortable picking into Zed.

Newt

So I know you've said that Caitlyn is one of the harder ADCs to play, Newt, but I'm interested in what you think is hard about her specifically. I feel like it's pretty easy to bully people in lane with her. What do you think is especially challenging about using her?
She's super item dependent because she has no real steroids and her base damages are kind of low. Her early game is super strong, but she has one of the worst midgames out of any ADC. This means that you have to significantly win lane to be able to have a greater impact than the enemy ADC.

Like her best matchups are Vayne and Sivir... but if you lose lane to them you become super dependent on your team to carry you through midgame until you get to lategame where you're once again naturally strong. Also, she can only harass, her dueling is really bad.

I understand all of them apart from Viktor and Thresh. I play Viktor quite often and have played him since before his rework. I pretty much know how to play him into any matchup. Hell he's the only champ I'm actually comfortable picking into Zed.
Oh, I think Thresh is super strong in the right hands, but he's easily one of the worst for someone who just like picks him on a whim. He generally loses trades to most other supports (Janna, Nami, Naut etc) and it's really easy to mess up on his abilities (eg flay the wrong way). A Thresh who doesn't know how to trade properly will just get destroyed.

As for Viktor, I've been calling him AP Yasuo. Like Yasuo, there's nothing wrong with Viktor, and I think he's a solid champ. I consider him somewhat difficult to play, which is the reason why I might consider checking someone's profile if I need to dodge. A bad Viktor player will just get ganked over and over and he's pretty easy to gank tbh.

like i said

stupid evil
Salt.

zkylon

zkylewd
you just gotta trust my bubbles noota

the scaling being "balanced appropriately" is a really bad way of thinking about it

that's not how it works

the only reason ad champions have ap scaling is to suggest trinity force builds (in case ppl figure them out and want to use it) and for baron have some sort of extra benefit. few exceptions like ezreal and kog but most of the cases building ap makes no sense, specially in spells with both ratios

Mid

Yasuo
Zed
Viktor
Leblanc
Azir

i'm 3/5s out of mid

not bad

like i said

stupid evil
lmao

zkylon

zkylewd
personally i wouldn't put those two in the same list either but u know it's just a thumb rule based from experience

So what're the chances Nu Taric gets released by Valentine?
zero

JulianImp

I've played some Thresh, and I've noticed he's considerably harder to play correctly compared to other hook users such as Blitz or Nautilus. First and foremost, he's a tanky support that wants to build the shield item, but uses ranged attacks so you've got to last-hit properly to trigger the item. Then there's also the fact that his hook combo doesn't bring his target right next to his teammates and that it's considerably less "powerful" cc-wise than Blitz's, and that you've got to get used to properly deploying your lantern and using your E to push people the right way.

subtles

I think Yasuo is the king of all red flags. I'll never forget the week I got Yasuo in 4/6 of the games I played trying to get to Plat. I didn't think league could ever reach that kind of low.

jerd

ADC:

Ezreal

That's like 90% of games rn tho

Quonny

Been using new Shen in my ranked. 3-0 so far. He's incredibly dangerous to blind pick, but against bruisers he is incredibly powerful. Once you master his passive he's awesome. And his W is game changing in areas like the jungle.

I really, really like him.

Top Bottom