• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
Here are the top 5 champions for each role according to champion.gg. Some of this stuff is not too surprising and some is...pretty surprising.

Graves -- tanky for a marksman with even better damage, can go in any lane because of his tankiness
Pantheon -- Thunderlords helps him early, new AD itemization helps him late
Quinn -- marksman damage, extreme mobility
Malphite -- everybody does physical damage, Malphite is natural predator
Nautilus -- ??? I guess he's one of the purest tanks and has some mobility with Q

Support
Janna -- best disengage/defensive support
Blitzcrank -- DA HOOK
Nautilus -- tons of CC, some mobility
(Taric -- but very low play rate compared to the others)
Sona -- strong laner with short-range poke and sustain
Leona -- best hard engage support?

Mid
Lux -- going
Talon -- AD itemization is good, AP itemization not so good
Corki -- does mixed damage with everything, so he can do sustained damage and still force enemy to itemize MR
Ahri -- just all-around strong with burst, mobility, and one of the best pick CCs
(Morgana -- but very low play rate)
Zed -- see Talon

Jungle
Udyr -- lots of sources of movement speed, Runic Echoes helps him burst
Graves -- see top
Fiddlesticks -- pretty low play rate, but Runic Echoes makes him more effective
Volibear -- juggernaut, good ganks, can get movement speed easier
Amumu -- because solo q

ADC
(Lots of low play-rate champs. Graves, Quinn, Twitch, Ashe all make appearances with very low play rates)
Corki -- see mid
Ezreal -- blue build is very strong if you can wait 30 minutes to build your first combat item
Miss Fortune -- Thunderlord's helps her, good laning and ult great in teamfights
Kalista -- hippity hop
Jinx -- teamfight hyper carry

Note that this is platinum and above, solo q only.

Yeah close to +30 is what you need. I was getting around that amount when I skipped twice. Probably getting -10 or less for losses? I remember failing a promo but had 92LP afterward

I am really thinking about to learn a mid/top champ to carry the game myself, like being support doesnt matter if mid and top fell before my suicide ADC fed the enemy adc

hT8dSgz.jpg

Only in Blind Pick will you come back from the bathroom during champion select/loading the game to find out that your ADC is a Braum.

......and then proceed to go postal.

zkylon

zkylewd
i reckon lux will get nerfed soon

wonder what they'll nerf about her

maybe 325 movespeed like ziggs, maybe make e last less time and/or a small nerf on q/w cd

i think the movespeed nerf would hurt her quite a bit but it'd probably be fair

TheFlow

Banned
I am really thinking about to learn a mid/top champ to carry the game myself, like being support doesnt matter if mid and top fell
now you getting it. Learning Jungle is probably the best way to climb in solo Q. Rush is a prime example of what a Solo Q jungler can do

Sejuani and Xin jungle carried me out bronze and then I went back to supporting.

jerd

Pretty sure you can get to silver as a jungler just wandering around the map until you happen to end up in a Lane. I know this because that's exactly how I used to jungle.

That said jungle just has such a high burden of knowledge though. I improved so much from season 4 to season 5, saw the game completely different, knew the game better, knew more about what to look for, and went from gold 4 season 4 to gold 1 season 5. Still feel like a terrible jungler. I'm not sure I would recommend it to someone who is struggling just because you can affect every lane

In fact I'm pretty sure you could make an argument that it's one of the hardest roles to "carry yourself" on. Even if you're dominating, you still only have the 4th highest earning potential in the game in terms of gold. I'm a firm believer in playing your role well to climb. If you're not climbing odds are you're not playing your role well

Hard

Banned
One good thing about your main having below 50% WR is at least it filters out the bad players and newbies :^/

I got placed in Silver V after being low-Gold last season. Still getting placed with idiots and immensely toxic people who give up at the first hurdle. It's like...really bad. Luckily I've also had Smash DLC to play with to take a break.

Needless to say, I lost my series to Silver IV which is no surprise. I'm aiming for Gold III then I'm gonna leave it there for a while. I really need people to lobby with.

My smurf has been one game away from leveling to 30 over my past 2 games, but a missing link in each of those matches decided to AFK. One left because he got shellacked by red buff, and the other left because he got his feelings hurt in champion select.

Suffrin' Succotash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerd

I got placed in Silver V after being low-Gold last season. Still getting placed with idiots and immensely toxic people who give up at the first hurdle. It's like...really bad. Luckily I've also had Smash DLC to play with to take a break.

Needless to say, I lost my series to Silver IV which is no surprise. I'm aiming for Gold III then I'm gonna leave it there for a while. I really need people to lobby with.

What's your main role? I usually play really late at night though so I'm not the best duo

client bugged out when trying to go into a ranked match and would kick me back to the splash screen. I restarted my client and it turned out that I apparently dodged a match.

goddamnit.

23qwerty

what the fuck is afk check? i go to wash my hands after being first pick and locking in and get kicked from queue? what the fuck riot holy shit

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
what the fuck is afk check? i go to wash my hands after being first pick and locking in and get kicked from queue? what the fuck riot holy shit
Someone dodged. They put you back in queue but you weren't there to hit the ready check. How is this new to you?

garath

Man, this dynamic queue is insane. Playing with 4 people guaranteed who know what they're doing in their roles.

Achieved complete kill shutout.

Cmon, step up the ad game. That's just lame.

I definitely want to try queuing with more people for ranked. One more placement then I'll be all for it. Used to do pretty well with type2 in ranked.

Hard

Banned
Yeah there has, for like 4 years now. Ever since Riot implemented the Ready Check feature if someone dodges and you don't accept the queue again in time you get kicked out of the queue and the game tells you were kicked for it.

I think he means that it wasn't explicitly stated that you "failed the AFK check" back then. Before the new client you were just kicked out of the queue.

EDIT: At least, it was only a short pop-up notification, it doesn't linger in the chat.

Type2

I definitely want to try queuing with more people for ranked. One more placement then I'll be all for it. Used to do pretty well with type2 in ranked.
I'm not having success playing this game by myself anymore. I can put out a decent performance but ultimately teammates don't want to listen, group or stop feeding.
I'm 1-5 in placements making this run a record worst for me.

Talents

Banned
So what queue does everyone else think is going to be the main one? Dynamic or Solo. I definitely feel as though higher elo players will all flock towards solo queue where as dynamic will just be a place for people to play with friends.

garath

I'm not having success playing this game by myself anymore. I can put out a decent performance but ultimately teammates don't want to listen, group or stop feeding.
I'm 1-5 in placements making this run a record worst for me.

Damn. That's harsh :( well tonight's super bowl but I'll be on around 7est rest of the week.

So what queue does everyone else think is going to be the main one? Dynamic or Solo. I definitely feel as though higher elo players will all flock towards solo queue where as dynamic will just be a place for people to play with friends.

Dynamic. Can't imagine many people being super excited about starting over again

Streamers and pros are not gonna ditch duos. High elo players will not ditch streamers and pros. Rest of the community will follow and the true solo Q will be deader than Dominion by the time the season is over.

Personally Solo Q sounds more like Reddit QQ so regardless of that I'm not playing that shit.

Repgnar

I thought Dynamic queue replaced solo queue?

Talents

Banned
Dynamic. Can't imagine many people being super excited about starting over again

I haven't even started playing ranked yet. Just patiently waiting for Solo to come out. Also hoping they adjust the role placer so it becomes more common to get mid. That'd be nice.

What's your main role? I usually play really late at night though so I'm not the best duo
I main support but sometimes like to Mid or ADC. Sometimes I'll Jungle if I feel like playing Heca or Poppy. And my sleep pattern is all over the place too so don't worry. Message me your tag. (I'm EUW though)

Moonlight

Banned
Just fought my first Leblanc. x_x

She seems crazy. She out-traded me by a landslide starting from level 1 and even though I picked up the first couple kills, when she got ahead, she was monstrous.

subtles

Just fought my first Leblanc. x_x

She seems crazy. She out-traded me by a landslide starting from level 1 and even though I picked up the first couple kills, when she got ahead, she was monstrous.

This Lulu dealt with her really well. I think facing Leblanc is more of a mental game than anything else.

This Lulu dealt with her really well. I think facing Leblanc is more of a mental game than anything else.
I agree, alot of the people have hard times learn how to play and change your play when you are behide in lane. If you give 1 kill to lb she will start to snowball basically you just want make her as weak as you can for the mid and late game because if she doesnt snowball it is very hard for her to do that much. But some people will just die to her go back to lane then die again and just repeat this till she is 4/0 and start roaming and destroying everything.

Top Bottom