• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

iosefe

here i was swearing up and down that Fill would make me support since every time i did put fill, i was support. i wagered that if it didin't i would go straight to ranked ater this match and put fill

it got jungle. someone dodged tho

TL2D2bA.png

no prob fam

Just played another one of my placements and went quinn top and destroyed. Our vel was complaining that we didnt have any tanks when where in champ select. Then after the game he was saying that he did the best and then i looked at the damage charts and i did the most and had the better score.
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2091705289/226276957?tab=overview
2/0 in my placements so far.
Also i think quinn is such a good pick for top lane right now, i stopped this mao from getting so much farm by just scaring him off, i ended up just standing be hide his caster minions and freezing the lane alot.

Lol, you don't get 200 CS at 20 minutes unless you're doing nothing but farming.

There was a range posted. 20-25. And yes, for an S+ I'd suspect something in the order of 10cs/minute would be expected. Along with significantly higher total damage.

But maybe not. Got any S+ matches lately? We can look at the numbers. I'm also suprised you find 200cs @ 20 minutes to be unrealistic outside of doing nothing but farming.

Edit: Here's my last S+

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2088691739/42941535?tab=stats

Significantly higher net worth, cs count and total damage than any teammates or really anyone else in the game. I had about ~180cs in that game @ 20 minutes along with a few kills. Then the lanes started collapsing so I just went to group and fight at towers n' shit.

No i dont think so, it costs alot for a support so that would be the only down side, it would also delay how tank you would get. She probably just wanted to experiment.

It was sad/funny to watch because she ended the game 6/1/8 and did more damage than their ADC (Ezreal) and Jungler (Diana)

Newt

There was a range posted. 20-25. And yes, for an S+ I'd suspect something in the order of 10cs/minute would be expected. Along with significantly higher total damage.

But maybe not. Got any S+ matches lately? We can look at the numbers. I'm also suprised you find 200cs @ 20 minutes to be unrealistic outside of doing nothing but farming.

Edit: Here's my last S+

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2088691739/42941535?tab=stats

Significantly higher net worth, cs count and total damage than any teammates or really anyone else in the game. I had about ~180cs in that game @ 20 minutes along with a few kills. Then the lanes started collapsing so I just went to group and fight at towers n' shit.
You're a Teemo top with ignite. This isn't helping your case, lol.

If you're getting 200 CS on ADC at 20 minutes, that's good, but chances are that you've been farming all game.

I think ignite would help your case, because you can't back easily.

I really have no idea what point he's trying to make or what "case" he's suggesting 0.6k worth of Ignite damage helps or hurts.

I guess I'll just continue waiting for him (or anyone) to post an S+ ADC effort. I just want to see what the cs, total damage, and other stats look like. Until then, I'll continue to believe that being at or around 200cs in 20-25 minutes is part of the target. Which is probably why they aren't handed out like candy.

But again, all conjecture until we can all see a few examples.

TheFlow

Banned
I really have no idea what point he's trying to make.

I guess I'll just continue waiting for him (or anyone) to post an S+ ADC effort. I just want to see what the cs, total damage, and other stats look like. Until then, I'll continue to believe that being at or around 200cs in 20-25 minutes is part of the target. Which is probably why they aren't handed out like candy.

But again, all conjecture until we can all see a few examples.
pretty much

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Champion rankings are based on stuff like personal MMR and the performance of other people in the game as far as I'm aware. Not really hard rules for it. If you're pulling down 15+ kills in a 30 minute game I don't think 250CS is an unreasonable benchmark. With that kind of dominance you're not getting shut out of farm.

on the subject of grades, I wonder how close this effort was to S+. It's kinda hard to get 40k+ damage on Illaoi in < 40 minutes while gearing mostly defensively.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2091931425/42941535?tab=stats

Only an S. I can't imagine the standard for Illaoi is that much higher. But I did kinda stop farming after I hit 200 (around 23 minutes, at which time I was I think 4/1/1) to group and carry. Got off some sick fuckin ults in some choke points. Healing back just enough HP when at like 10% hp to get a triple kill..feelsgoodman.

edit: while taking the most damage on the team, no less. S+ in my heart.

Leezard

Champion rankings are based on stuff like personal MMR and the performance of other people in the game as far as I'm aware. Not really hard rules for it. If you're pulling down 15+ kills in a 30 minute game I don't think 250CS is an unreasonable benchmark. With that kind of dominance you're not getting shut out of farm.

If I recall correctly it's also based on other people's performance on the same champ in a range around your personal MMR.

Yea definitely not feeling Jhin mid right now. Unless he's against a weak melee and the jungler is too dumb to go gank, he'll get his lunch money taken in mid lane.

What gives him bad waveclear? He has 3 'aoe' abilities

bad wave clear = he really can't 1-shot a wave. at best, he can bring a few creeps down to 50% or so. Waveclear is really defined by your ability to wipe out a full wave with one or two abilities.

dimb

Q is your main form of wave clear and it's just too easy to punish because of the short range. Mana costs also prohibit using the other abilities to really clear. Jhin just has no defensive tools to really make a solo lane viable. You open yourself up to clear these waves and there's no good response when people move in on you.

Leezard

They are limited and/or weak against creeps.

You probably have to use all 3 of them on the wave and still have to put out a couple of autos to clear it. W deals low damage to creeps, you will have to W and auto in order to get some creeps low enough that your Q strong enough to clear 4 creeps. Your traps have 30 seconds cooldown.

You're going to get pushed in by Corki/Ahri even if they use less mana/abilities, and Jhin's waveclear is probably matched or surpassed by Zed, not to mention that Jhin has no actual defense against assassins.

As Jhin you're going to get pushed in by champs with waveclear, out roamed by champs that roam, and you're really susceptible to getting killed by assassins since you have no defense, especially when you often have to use all your abilities in order to clear a wave.

edit: If you want a long range character in mid lane, play Ziggs or Xerath instead.

dimb

Really, everything about Jhin's kit asks for a partner and people still tried to push him in mid lane. Bouncing grenade benefits from a partner who can help whittle down the wave. Flower traps are slow enough to go off that they only truly shine with additional CC. His root snipe, which is really the strongest thing in his kit, works best when allies tag targets from long range. And his ult is only useful when the enemy cannot approach his position. On top of being maybe the most fragile champion in the game it's just one of those things where it seems really dumb to not play him in a duo lane.

Welp, today's S+.

RFFLCf3.png

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2091993177/42941535/eog

feels like fucking SHIT. One day I'll figure out how to carry with Jayce. I got quadra kills (more than once), I took all the inhibs and T3's we ever got, by myself. I solo defended the Nexus 1v3. Some of my team even contributed some damage unlike my S+ teemo game. And yet somehow I still felt completely alone. If I wasn't at a fight, they'd get wiped maybe 4-1. If I was at a fight, I was often the sole survivor.

something zed something something useless late game something.

I'm getting too old for this shit. Any suggestions on what I perhaps could have done better? All ears. FWIW I was bored so I decided to experiment with the lifesteal and LW. Both actually felt really good against their armor. The Dance felt really nice given how long fights would last. Definitely saved me a few times.

Top Bottom