• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
So what queue does everyone else think is going to be the main one? Dynamic or Solo. I definitely feel as though higher elo players will all flock towards solo queue where as dynamic will just be a place for people to play with friends.

Riot wants almost everybody to play in dynamic queue, so they're going to play with rewards and whatnot until they feel satisfied that they'll get that. Taking duo out is probably part of that -- as Stone Ocean observes, streamers get a lot of benefit of out being able to duo, so without that they'll probably just stay in dynamic.

I anticipate solo queue having, like, a ward skin or something as rewards -- pretty minimal -- because getting to be "solo ranked" is supposed to be its own reward. So aspirational players will stay in dynamic for the rewards and to follow streamers/pros, streamers/pros will stay in dynamic, and what's left is, what, people who really just hate dynamic queue on a personal level.

corneliusb

Neo Member
Finally did my placements(started playing at start of S3). Put them off forever. Went 7-3 and got Silver 2 which seems ok. If anyone wants to play add me my IGN is corneliusb on NA. Don't have anyone to play with as I emigrated from UK last year! Although not today, Superbowl + Beer time.

6-4 = Silver 4, are you yanking my nipples right now

That's what I get for winning the last placement match by making a team collapse in all chat.

Repgnar

6-4 = Silver 4, are you yanking my nipples right now

That's what I get for winning the last placement match by making a team collapse in all chat.

Hmm, that's weird. I finished G5 or G4 last season, went 7-3 and actually moved up to G3. Now i'm two games away from my promo series to plat! Dynamic queue too stronk.

Manus

I went 5-5 last season and got placed in silver 2. Went 5-5 this season and got bronze 4. I just don't understand their placements. Could be because I didn't play ranked in pre season.

patchday

I went 5-5 last season and got placed in silver 2. Went 5-5 this season and got bronze 4. I just don't understand their placements. Could be because I didn't play ranked in pre season.

same here, and I went 6/10 during placements.

(honestly I always felt like I belonged in Bronze tho)

Luigi87

2016 season placements are significantly more harsh than they have been previous years. It's the hardest soft reset that Riot can likely do, lol

But yeah, heck some people who finished Plat last season placed in Silver this season even.

I'm confused.

What do I have to do to get a S+?

Died only once, matched as the most warding champ on the map, made more kills than the enemy team combined, most CS, most dmg, made just shy of half my teams kills, took towers like a boss, 11 killing spree, most gold ....

Why did I only get S? What more does the game want from me to get S+?!?

patchday

I'm confused.

Died only once, matched as the most warding champ on the map, made more kills than the enemy team combined, most CS, most dmg, made just shy of half my teams kills, took towers like a boss, 11 killing spree, most gold ....

mastery system is not very well fleshed out I ignroe those scores completely. It only gives points for wins and only for summoner's rift. its a bullshit system too me through and through. The UI will only show your top 3 mastered characters too even if you have a lot more when other players visit yer profile

edit- correction, you get some points for losing but way more for winning. It doesnt even give a shit if you went 20/0/20, if your team loses then awful point payout

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm confused.

it's a bit random but your score compared to your teammates or your game doesn't matter, just compared to the average jinx

so you clearly excel'd the average jinx so you got an s, but maybe not super excel'd cos jinxes tend to get good scores or whatever

but yea, it's kind of random

also your big mistake was not getting blue trinket

no one had blue trinket or red trinket

bad

Neol

I'm confused.

Obviously cause you didn't upgrade your trinket. /s

Honestly don't think to much of it. The rating system is pretty bs imo.

patchday

Now one nice thing bout Mastery system is the Mastery icon (Lv.5). I cant help but feel a little more confident in my teammate if they have a mastery icon I cant lie

patchday

Man whats wrong with people. This is just Normals- but since team lacked a tank I say I will go Poppy or Malph. What does a teammate do? Ban Poppy

grrr. See this is why I never show my picks. I just pick some random hero that is somewhat like the hero I'm bout to play. I never usually play OP heroes so my guys should never get banned under normal circumstances

pigeon

Banned
Man whats wrong with people. This is just Normals- but since team lacked a tank I say I will go Poppy or Malph. What does a teammate do? Ban Poppy

grrr. See this is why I never show my picks. I just pick some random hero that is somewhat like the hero I'm bout to play. I never usually play OP heroes so my guys should never get banned under normal circumstances

Just ban whatever they wanted to play.

Then ask what they're going to play instead and pick it.

garath

They probably would have banned poppy regardless. She is ridiculous right now.

But I'm not a big fan of the preselect either. Haven't really seen anything good come out of it. Half the people don't pick anything or pick weird stuff.

Newt

They probably would have banned poppy regardless. She is ridiculous right now.

But I'm not a big fan of the preselect either. Haven't really seen anything good come out of it. Half the people don't pick anything or pick weird stuff.
I'm a big fan of it. If I see something that I don't like, like Yasuo, I can easily just ban it and make some sort of excuse.

I'm confused.

You'll probably never get S+ on an ADC with 200cs in 30 minutes. That's 20-25 minute farm, ideally. Total damage was also unremarkable.

Obviously cause you didn't upgrade your trinket. /s

Honestly don't think to much of it. The rating system is pretty bs imo.

it's a bit random but your score compared to your teammates or your game doesn't matter, just compared to the average jinx

so you clearly excel'd the average jinx so you got an s, but maybe not super excel'd cos jinxes tend to get good scores or whatever

but yea, it's kind of random

also your big mistake was not getting blue trinket

no one had blue trinket or red trinket

bad

i got an S+ as taric once

i believe it pits your score against the average no?

That ... makes sense actually. I can see why, doing well with a champ that's played a ton and does well on arvg should net you lower score than doing well with a champ that's not as common or doesn't normally do well.

And yeah, I need to get better with upgrading my wards. Normally if I'm ahead I completely forget to do that but if I'm even or behind I remember ... cause I'm afraid of every dark place on the map.

Here we pushed them outta lane and all the action was Mid fairly fast so it just slipped my mind.

Now one nice thing bout Mastery system is the Mastery icon (Lv.5). I cant help but feel a little more confident in my teammate if they have a mastery icon I cant lie

Same.

Seeing a Level 5 Illiaoaiao with a skin makes me feel like they know what's up.

Leezard

JyD1mB4.png

There we go, back to Diamond.

Blitzcrank's Avengers isn't as good as Zyra's Flames though. :(

Top Bottom