• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
Just ban anyone who you think your team will have a hard time dealing with.

IMO, Blitz (hook), Mundo (tankiness), Zed (ult), Jax (splitpush), Trynd (splitpush), Yauso (that guy)

Talents

Banned
3 patches in and Riot still haven't fixed/altered team builder role placer. I get my secondary more than I do my primary. Makes the game so so boring.

Ferga

I don't think Fiora's riposte should ever be able to stun someone. It's pretty ridiculous.

She's already hard to gank and an incredible lane bully.

I feel like a good Fiora can just free farm and become a monster in almost every single game.

Nekofrog

Banned
the only good thing about Fiora is that at my elo most of them use their ripostes as part of a combo instead of waiting for actual CC to land. most of the time as irelia i can just bait the riposte by using my stun on her in a really telegraphed way for the first 2 or 3 levels, then switch it up by just running up and autoing with W on and never using E until she throws riposte out because she assumes i'm going to use E like I was using it before.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah. My last 5 ranked matches were my secondary role too. All adc :(
Have you tried switching ADC to primary and your main to secondary?

I'm assuming more people want mid than ADC though, so it makes sense. Otherwise the queue is going to be long.

Ferga

the only good thing about Fiora is that at my elo most of them use their ripostes as part of a combo instead of waiting for actual CC to land. most of the time as irelia i can just bait the riposte by using my stun on her in a really telegraphed way for the first 2 or 3 levels, then switch it up by just running up and autoing with W on and never using E until she throws riposte out because she assumes i'm going to use E like I was using it before.

90% of Fiora's I go against almost always riposte my cc when I'm ganking.

Voli Q, Udyr Stun, Reksai knockup, Zac E

It's a god damn nightmare.

Talents

Banned
Have you tried switching ADC to primary and your main to secondary?

I'm assuming more people want mid than ADC though, so it makes sense. Otherwise the queue is going to be long.

I was hoping they'd make it so you could optionally only pick 1 role at the expense of longer queues. I wouldn't mind having to wait an hour each game if it meant I got mid. I just find every other role so boring in comparison to mid.

Calvero

Banned
so had a Nasus whose largest critical strike was 2282.
anyway this Xin buff is great. so so great/

so bait it out. run up, she uses it and is immobile, wait, use your ability.

Blizzard

Banned
I was hoping they'd make it so you could optionally only pick 1 role at the expense of longer queues. I wouldn't mind having to wait an hour each game if it meant I got mid. I just find every other role so boring in comparison to mid.
You're not alone apparently, which is why everyone goes mid. >.>

Ferga

so had a Nasus whose largest critical strike was 2282.
anyway this Xin buff is great. so so great/

The problem is, she's just going to Q out and force you to use your gap closing cc to chase her.

If she's already that close to their turret turret, you want to stop the gank.

Good Fioras don't suicide push with no wards or riposte for no reason.

Nekofrog

Banned
i guess when we play we can just ban fiora over mundo or tahm since i can pretty much dumpster any champion. the problem is you can dumpster fiora and she still scales.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Most of the time you can't "bait it out". Even if they don't reflect CC the slow can be enough to escape. I can't really stress how awful Fiora is for top lane. Her kit is so forgiving, but when you can do things properly the CC reflect is absurd. That her stun lasts for 1.5 seconds is just absolutely baffling to me.

garath

Tried a duskblade rush khazix. Meh. I actually might still like ghostblade more. Gonna give it another shot. I felt off that whole game anyways.

I'm not completely sold on Duskblade. Seems the only people who want it have no trouble bursting as is.

I did have a lot of fun with Duskblade Sivir in ARAM, though. Her burst combo is really quick and safe because of spellshield. You can Q, AA, W to proc thunderlord and then Nightfall will leave them really low.

Fiora is the biggest counter to Zac ever, lol.

Most of the time you can't "bait it out". Even if they don't reflect CC the slow can be enough to escape. I can't really stress how awful Fiora is for top lane. Her kit is so forgiving, but when you can do things properly the CC reflect is absurd. That her stun lasts for 1.5 seconds is just absolutely baffling to me.
I dunno why Riot made it so Riposte can be used offensively. The slows, vital proccing and high base damage are so superfluous and unneceasary.

nah breh. you haven't heard rex lose his mind when the enemy picks poppy and he already locked in zac.

edit: christ, Kogmaw all over challenger queue right now destroying everything. his items are so cheap (rageblade).
To bad he is not that fun to play. I need to give him another try, i wish they didnt change him :/

Kenai

Reading the last few pages about the patch is depressing.

nah breh. you haven't heard rex lose his mind when the enemy picks poppy and he already locked in zac.

edit: christ, Kogmaw all over challenger queue right now destroying everything. his items are so cheap (rageblade).

I warned yall bout the Kog a few pages back. He needs babied as f*ck but if you make it out of laning phase even or better he just starts ruling the world.

To bad he is not that fun to play. I need to give him another try, i wish they didnt change him :/

I dunno, I used to pay Kog before and he doesn't really feel that different from before. You just stand still more when not actively using R.

Calvero

Banned
Screen_Shot_2016_02_10_at_6_19_59_PM.png

good. fuck this guy i reported.

I dunno, I used to pay Kog before and he doesn't really feel that different from before. You just stand still more when not actively using R.

I hate having to stand still and be a cannon, old kog you didnt have to do that if you wanted to damage. Also it is odd his W now using mana because you have to worry about his mana even more. I personally just dont like it.
Think of old kog but with the new items. So basically you W Crit and sheen proc with rapidfire that would be amazing. That seems like way more fun to me than new kog. I will probably give him another try this weekend.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_10_at_6_19_59_PM.png

good. fuck this guy i reported.
I have never gotten this once and i report people all the time.

Ferga

2.5 second reload is ridiculous, especially in a tank/cc meta.

Graves can get away with it since he has a load of upfront damage and wave clear.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wanna play kogmaw

but I wanna try to see how trash jhin is too

man, all these difficult choices

Kog is super rewarding and a blast to play if you build the comp around him

Otherwise it's constant blue balls of knowing that you can do insane dmg but you'll just die in teamfights because he's the squishiest champ

Jhin is just all around bad until either he's buffed or people find out some insane way to build him that somehow works

Nekofrog

Banned
if we do 5s we should just run juggermaw. it's disgusting right now. alistar sup, lulu mid, anything that can peel or engage top (malphite mmmmm) udyr jungle just running around stunning anyone who goes near kog.

you cant stop it, it's dumb.

Nekofrog

Banned
especially since the core Kog build right now is Rageblade/Runaans/Steraks

you will never kill kog

3 cheapish items that can be gained in most circumstances

even if you lose the early game, the midgame is just absurd and walks all over everything

you don't need splitpushing, you don't need teamfighting, you just walk up as 5 to a tower, siege, and take everything. if they engage, you kill them. if they stall, you engage and kill them.

Ferga

if we do 5s we should just run juggermaw. it's disgusting right now. alistar sup, lulu mid, anything that can peel or engage top (malphite mmmmm) udyr jungle just running around stunning anyone who goes near kog.

you cant stop it, it's dumb.

One problem.

If bot gets camped and kog gets real behind, the team does no damage for mid game.

Well, I have bottomed out. I am Bronze V, 0 points. I literally have had my team throw multiple games over the last few days, refuse to listen to me and insist they're "carrying" at 4/12/8 or some ridiculous score like that.

I know I can do better but it's hard to learn to do anything when your team incessantly feeds or your lane partner shows zero skill in their role.

Oddly enough, when I play normals, I more often than not a.) have a fun time and b.) actually do very well.

I don't get it. I just don't understand why nothing goes right for me in this game anymore. I know it's just a game but I feel like everyone else is sucking the fun out of it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Damn I should try Sterak's on Kog

I usually just go Rageblade-Hurricane-Bork and either snowball into a team-melting god or get dunked into oblivion

Top Bottom