• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Neol

The transformation of Graves over the past few months is astounding. Its kinda cool that Riot wants to keep it this way but yea he's pretty much instaban at this point.

I really don't understand Riot's desire to dumb down items by removing almost all actives. At this point I think the only items I buy with an active are Randuin's, Ghostblade and Hourglass. Active items are cool, Riot.

Nah they don't want to be like Dota.

Don't rush ruby sightstone

its passive reduces the CD of active item, use it alot for Face of the mountain, is that bad?

Stick to two roles and a couple champs in each of those roles. You already have some good winrates with jinx and sejuani, build on that. Don't build hurricane on jinx. Especially don't rush hurricane on jinx.

Ok, Seju and Jinx

Mmmm a random jinx build the 1,3k sword, rushed the hurricane and destroyed our team, I tried and it was okay.

kenbo

Really wish you could use any champ in a custom game or something.

Playing so much Mid lane has made me interested in trying out casters cause sometimes they outright shit on certain Melee champs I play. Also made me more interested in Ekko cause I feel like he could be like Diana. But they cost too damn much to buy without testing and the week rotation doesn't always have champs I want to try.
no stick to diana

I really don't understand Riot's desire to dumb down items by removing almost all actives. At this point I think the only items I buy with an active are Randuin's, Ghostblade and Hourglass. Active items are cool, Riot.

active items get less power budget

plus - most 'passives' items are adc items and adc is so mechanically intensive that they dont want a bunch of actives to begin with. and there are too many stat sticks to justify good actives and no stats for an adc

active items get less power budget

plus - most 'passives' items are adc items and adc is so mechanically intensive that they dont want a bunch of actives to begin with. and there are too many stat sticks to justify good actives and no stats for an adc
I see no reason to object to most champs wanting to buy at least 1 active item in the course of a game. ADC lifestyle isn't that damn mechanically intensive that pressing an extra button is suddenly undue burden. Let's be reasonable.

iosefe

i fucking love naut

also bronze hubris

enemy team nearly killed our nexus, but decided to tyr and go for kills. it was down to 1k, so we held them off, got a baron, aced them, pushed inner and inhib turret, GTFO, recoup, turtle for a bit, kill a couple, baron, turtle, ACE again, then push to win

One item is not "almost all actives".

there are only a handful of them that aren't support items anyway, and that was the only offensive one designed for AP carries. The point remains, though the scope can be better stated. The trend towards passives and passives with cooldowns and uncontrollable active states is a missed opportunity and feels shallow. I blame HOTS.

there are only a handful of them that aren't support items anyway, and that was the only offensive one designed for AP carries. The point remains, though the scope can be better stated. The trend towards passives and passives with cooldowns and uncontrollable active states is a missed opportunity and feels shallow. I blame HOTS.
What trend? Riot has added mostly active items until this preseason.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, i disagree with the actives thing, entirely

adding passives to the game isn't dumbing them down, in fact in some cases it's quite the opposite

manging cooldowns and burst timing takes a lot more skill than saying "i want more dmg now" and activating rfc

What's that? Fuck Abyssal too because the passive is too strong? You got it boss, crank that combine cost up!
i mean, i liked dfg a lot, i just think this item is kind of the same

big difference is that dfg made champions like lizzy assassins which wasn't super cool for counterplay sake cos all the cc she has but idk how fun it's gonna be to get auto'd once by zed for 1/3rd of your health. there's not much counterplay in that except i guess being even more pressured to buy zhonyas

which is still garbage

no stick to diana

Just lost a match. In champ select the enemy team banned both Ahri AND Diana (my only reliable mids) so I swapped for sup Lu Lu (probly shoulda done Janna but I wanted to try Lu Lu. Feel like we lost cause of the toxic Garen being mad that he had to lane against Teemo, begging for level 2-3 ganks and leaving his lane cause he was upset).

First time I have ever seen Diana banned. They're catching on to her, gotta beef up my list :mad:

don't ever write lulu like that ever again

Lulu%CC%81.PNG

Been a while since I drink a Lu Lu

don't ever write lulu like that ever again

Oh wow, didn't notice how wrong that looked cause I was waiting for champ select lol!

Just had to dodge this one. Someone trying to go Jhin Jg and the enemy team had a Zed. I'm not really afraid of Zed, he's just one of those champs that you can't feed or else they become a nightmare and Zed players seem thirsty as hell for a kill as early as they can get it and someone trying to JG with Jhin seems like a prime time feeder.

(Remember playing against one as The Dragon Lady. It was going well until he slipped out of lane at level 4 to gank top. Feel like it was going well cause Shyvana doesn't have mana and is decently bulky.).

Had a JG Jhin before ... was not a good game.

Oh, ok, so on top of the new AD ratio on his heal the new bonus damage on Xin's W also procs Warlods.

It's all right, being alive is overrated anyways.

Neol

look, i don't get angry easy but you've gotten the closest to getting me angry anyone in this god forsaken thread ever has

all ff12 characters that aren't called balthier suck

Fran is alright but yea its not the best cast.

At least we got Vaan for memes

drawkcaB

Oh, ok, so on top of the new AD ratio on his heal the new bonus damage on Xin's W also procs Warlods.

It's all right, being alive is overrated anyways.

Wait, did no one else pick up on that interaction right away?

I'm not entirely convinced it's better than the bonus AD though.

jerd

If you were wondering getting assassinated as fed Gragas with 250 armor surprisingly does NOT feel good. Not sure I'm gonna play much this patch

Wait, did no one else pick up on that interaction right away?

I'm not entirely convinced it's better than the bonus AD though.
I thought it was just bonus damage like they did with Ashe to make sure she couldn't keep Warlord's up 24/7; It doesn't have to be better than the AD ratio, you just get both at the same time and a bunch of AS lol, this is an insane buff what the fuck
Oh god. Is that post patch? Guess we're still banning graves.
Yeeep.
If you were wondering getting assassinated as fed Gragas with 250 armor surprisingly does NOT feel good. Not sure I'm gonna play much this patch
I'm probably done playing ADC for good as long as Duskblade exists. I'll just be doing the assassinating myself, can't beat em join em, either that or I'm just playing hyper tanks like Sion.

look, i don't get angry easy but you've gotten the closest to getting me angry anyone in this god forsaken thread ever has

all ff12 characters that aren't called balthier suck

Welp, hope you can forgive me. Unless it's Pokemon I really suck at strange names. Hell, I suck at spelling normal names.

Just got Diana to level 5 Mastery with this match. Thought it was gonna be a shit show when I saw Snydra. Before level 6 I don't like fucking with ranged mid lane champs ... but she was Sup and Yasuo was mid. Why are Yasuo players so damn cocky? They seem to think that because they don't have mana they can just do what ever they want and dare you to get in melee range. It's the same story over and over ... guess it's cause low level people like me don't know how to play him well? :/

Dude had those wind walls on point and understood that I need to land the Qs to jump on him though.

Gonna buy the Lunar Diana skin now. Decided to only buy skins for champs if I can get them to level 5 Mastery to make sure I'm not wasting RP on something I'm not fully feeling. Plus I think Skins show a bit of pride in your champ.

drawkcaB

I thought it was just bonus damage like they did with Ashe to make sure she couldn't keep Warlord's up 24/7; It doesn't have to be better than the AD ratio, you just get both at the same time and a bunch of AS lol, this is an insane buff what the fuck

Yeeep.

I'm probably done playing ADC for good as long as Duskblade exists. I'll just be doing the assassinating myself, can't beat em join em, either that or I'm just playing hyper tanks like Sion.

I meant the bonus AD from Fervor. The name of the mastery escaped me at the moment.

I still don't understand why Riot thought Duskblade would be a good idea.

Because as Zky will tell you, certain (maybe most?) AD Assassins lose their relevancy after about 30 minutes. They no longer do enough to burst anyone and without their combo being off CD (a combo which usually includes a fairly high CD ultimate), they simply become large minions in late game team fights. Not that the damage they can put out isn't appreciated, but if an assassin can only injure rather than assassinate, they aren't able to do their job.

The problem is in the implementation. Every team is going to have two of these Duskblades on their team, and it won't be only designated Assassin champs carrying them. That's a fairly scary prospect.

Top Bottom