• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

drawkcaB

Just had one of those games that from the moment it started it was a long, steady, drip feed of misery until the inevitable loss.

On a related note, witnessed yet another example of Riot's shit ass balancing. How the fuck has Jhin not been properly toned down yet? What a fucking joke.

honestly idk about any of it

i feel like league has a chronic problem from being too "solvable" in how quickly metas develop and get perfected and idk if any big systemic changes like removing masteries or adding new mechanics to summoner spells would be beneficial or not in that regard

like i want the game to expand in a way that leads to more variety in champions and classes and win conditions and strategy, so removing stuff doesn't sound entirely convincing even if i think runes and masteries have done little positive for the game until now

I'm not even concerned about that perspective. Removing runes and masteries just removes a layer of balancing and streamlines the whole process. We've seen them cause problem after problem after problem, and for what? A bit of [false] player choice? League being static is a whole other kettle of fish (although my idea of choosing summs and being able to swap them does open up lots of stuff).

Didnt riot come full circle again with the masteries? they nerfed the masteries because were too strong, buffed items, then buffed other masteries, items nerfed alonside the buffed masteries because other roles were using those masteries , then buffed lethality with some items, ADC masteries were buffed , then nerfed because other lanes were using them.

On a related note, witnessed yet another example of Riot's shit ass balancing. How the fuck has Jhin not been properly toned down yet? What a fucking joke.

If Jhin knows to always stay behind his minions is like having two sorakas for the entire match unless your jungles ganks or the support and Jhin himself gets bored of farming

Leezard

speaking of shit patch, i cannot understand how shaco is still unnerfed after so many patches of him dominating solo q

fuck that champion

Shaco did get nerfed with the sweeping lens changes, or rather they added counterplay to his boxes. Since his boxes activate when sweeped, you can do an invade and sweep his starting point in the jungle to remove all of the boxes without putting yourself in danger by activating them manually.

If you remove all of his boxes level 1 his power is significantly reduced since he can't jungle as fast as before.

zkylon

zkylewd
phreak's patch rundown is really illuminating

Shaco did get nerfed with the sweeping lens changes, or rather they added counterplay to his boxes. Since his boxes activate when sweeped, you can do an invade and sweep his starting point in the jungle to remove all of the boxes without putting yourself in danger by activating them manually.

If you remove all of his boxes level 1 his power is significantly reduced since he can't jungle as fast as before.
that's really interesting, although probably a lot less generally applicable than a more direct nerf since it requires someone to sacrifice trinket wards for it and for people to risk an invade for it and whatnot

idk i feel like they should just his numbers a little bit considering his high winrate+playrate+he's fucking shaco :p

Leezard

that's really interesting, although probably a lot less generally applicable than a more direct nerf since it requires someone to sacrifice trinket wards for it and for people to risk an invade for it and whatnot

idk i feel like they should just his numbers a little bit considering his high winrate+playrate+he's fucking shaco :p

Yeah, it requires your team to actually do something, but your jungler should be able to skip his yellow trinket for a red trinket without issues. Invades against Shaco typically aren't super-risky since you generally know he has to stand in the blue/red buff pit and put down boxes. You can sweep the boxes over the wall which makes it quite good. Of course, the enemies could counter-invade but then you got an interesting 5v4 level 1.

I don't like Shaco either, but I think it will be interesting to see how this added counterplay will change his powerlevels. It promotes an active level 1, but it won't matter if 2/3 of your teammates are afk the first minute of the game.

Newt

The problem with Shaco is that he's such a brain dead champion that if he's overtuned literally everyone who plays him can reap the benefits. Champions like Ryze and Azir don't have that issue.

Leezard

Shaco might very well need number nerfs, but when Ryze and Azir were overtuned (as in >50% winrate) they had a high pickrate and got great results anyway.

People who played them and were good got insane winrates of course, but they were still often the best pick for people who couldn't play them that well.

To be fair >50% winrate on Azir could be called grossly overtuned, as he's probably kinda balanced with something 44% winrate so even 48% winrate could be called overtuned. Shaco does not have that kind of margin due to his relative ease of play, as you say.

vERG5Sk.jpg

Love Shaco on ARURF. We were getting dumpstered the entire game. I just splitpushed and forcing them to defend but they couldn't catch me. Clone was nearly almost always up so I could take some cheap shots at towers.

Talents

Banned
I wonder if Riot are gonna buff Taliyah. I feel like she's on the verge of becoming meta again with just a single buff, but right now something just feels off about her

I wonder if Riot are gonna buff Taliyah. I feel like she's on the verge of becoming meta again with just a single buff, but right now something just feels off about her
Riot said they aren't buffing her. Taliyah is fine, she's even picked in competitive from time to time, no need to break her recklessly again.

zkylon

zkylewd
winrate with experienced players is good for every champion and her curve is not like ryze's or azir's that just skyrockets all ridiculous like

i'm talking pretty small buff here, kind of like when ahri got like 10 more dmg on her q or something like that

just a little bump cos taliyah brings good things to the game and it would be nice if she were played more often

drawkcaB

Early stats say that the XP change for champions behind in levels has helped quite a few tank junglers, so that's nice. Tank junglers that dramatically fall behind in clear speed starting after level 9 (Rammus, Volibear, Nautilus) have seen some really nice gains.

zkylon

zkylewd
rubberbanding like that is a bit worrying but if they get the tuning right it might be an acceptable workaround for the difference in fast and slow clearers

fast clearers will still have more money tho, so idk

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think it even hurts her that much, it just makes it very apparent how little her rework did to make her easier to balance or to make her less frustrating to play against

drawkcaB

rubberbanding like that is a bit worrying but if they get the tuning right it might be an acceptable workaround for the difference in fast and slow clearers

fast clearers will still have more money tho, so idk

The math is that you have to be a full level below the average of your teammates. It doesn't let you rubberband to the level of your own solo laners, and doesn't let you rubberband to the level in the opposing jungler if your team is losing. It gives tank junglers the possibility of increasing their gank frequency in the early game. It's a risk/reward proposition: if early and more frequent ganks are successful then the tank jungler trades his own power (in the form of gold and xp) in exchange for more power in his teammates. Right now, that choice isn't there. If you go for a heavy gank strategy strengthening your team doesn't compensate for your own weakness since you'll start to get your face kicked in eventually.

The alternative is giving tank junglers more damage to farm camps faster. That can either be done by making Cinderhulk's monster damage better or giving them more innate damage. But buffing Cinderhulk affects other champions that are already good (e.g. Rek'Sai, Warwick) and buffing innate damage increases strength in other positions.

I hope this trend holds, one step closer to being able to whip out jungle Tahm Kench again.

Talents

Banned
Exhaust nerfs on PBE as well.

Exhausts target enemy champion, reducing their Movement Speed by 30%, and their damage dealt by 40% for 2.5 seconds."No longer reduced attack speed by 30%No longer reduced armor and MR by 10

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think those nerfs will change much, specially for champions like yasuo or corki that are abusing the spell to brute force trades

i thought they were gonna hit cd?

TheFlow

Banned
honestly leo with knights vow 2.0 and redemption is so op in low elo. How op is it? I am winning games with adc quinn.

What I build

rush Eye of the Equnoix

then redemption followed by knight's vow and boots.

then locket. for the extra buff in mr and armor.

after that for your last item build whatever works best against the enemy team. normally a visage or frozen heart.

JulianImp

Played a couple ARURF games, and it's kind of fun on some champs. My favorites so far have been Mao (sapling warding all over the place) and Tahm (ridiculous CC chains and free TP). Worst champ I got so far was Amumu (okay-ish, but I hate walking into people and spamming E with the occasional Q for the remainder of the fight).

Calvero

Banned
i mean does it really fucking matter in low elo

i won a mid Janna game against a Victor that didn't know what he was doing. nothing matters in low elo

1upsuper

I've played a number of games so far and I'm enjoying League more than I expected. I realize I'm going to lose that starting roster of characters at some point. Do you guys recommend I just go with the flow of the rotations to figure out who I like to play, and then pick them up with IP? This whole not-actually-having-characters thing is antithetical to pretty much every game I've ever played, so it just feels weird to me.

Top Bottom