• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Calvero

Banned
reddit is full of shit. they'd defend all these troll supports, but last year when QT would play shit like fizz support but actually lane with his adc they'd yell about how he should be punished lmao

You can tell none of these fucks have ever played ADC with a troll support that leaves you to 1v2.

C'mon man. If I only gank top as a Jungler then my bot lane will report me 50% of the time. And if I never hand over blues I'll get reported most of the time. People just want to report you all the time. (Said someone who I have to assume is projecting?)

zkylon

zkylewd
i like reddit as a news site, but we shouldn't care what they think or say

sadly the league community chose it as its hub rather than the rito forums

Feel like building on new WW is like the complete opposite to building something like a Crit ADC. Like, if you're playing Jinx you know there's a set build that's flat out best for her with room for like an item or 2 that's situational. With WW you can kinda just build w/e you want cause nothing stands out as the best option, doesn't seem like his dmg deffers much.

Everyone seems like they think TF and/ OR TH into full tank on him is best but I just don't get the TF rush. He doesn't have a spammable Sheen proc, won't make him a great tower taker like Susan/ Illaoi or Jax/ Yorick and it cost sooo damn much. Sure, AS and CDR and sheen on Q make sense and TF is a spike for most mana using melee fighters in some way but I don't think it's the best option. Still trying to figure him out. Think I'm gonna start doing TH and Bork.

On a side note I feel like getting back into Diana. Wish they would rework her E to be something with mobility. Yeah, she's a "diver". But every diver seems like they have atleast one option to make distance when shit doesn't work out. That's why many build her to be an assassin, if she can't kill the target she ulted ... welp, gotta keep trying or die/ get completely chunked as you run away.

remist

What's next for reddit to defend, a support that lanes mid all game and leaves the adc to die alone bot?
If it worked and you could climb to high elo with a 50%+ win rate. Why not? I'm fine with riot deciding to ban stuff like counter jungle nunu support, but they need to stop doing it in a disengenous way by pretending they dont enforce the meta when they absolutely do, at least when it comes to lanes and roles.

Newt

I really doubt these people are getting banned for playing Nunu support. I've played so many Nunu ADC games, and haven't been banned. Sounds like these people are just inting.

remist

I really doubt these people are getting banned for playing Nunu support. I've played so many Nunu ADC games, and haven't been banned. Sounds like these people are just inting.
Guy in question is d3 with a 56% win rate on smite support nunu. Issue is he does more counter jungling than supporting.

Guy in question is d3 with a 56% win rate on smite support nunu. Issue is he does more counter jungling than supporting.
Apparently he has a 55% win rate on Nunu because he's a jungle player and used to play him jungle a lot. Most of his supp Nunu games he just feeds hardcore.

He doesn't play support, he gets matched as support and just double jungles instead.

What he does in the game doesn't matter as long as he's not breaking the rules. Not being in lane as a support is not against the rules because the 1-1-1-2 stat isn't an official League comp.

I'm not saying that I'm a fan of this guy, but he's literally just playing the game how he wants to, and he wards, communicates, and tires to win games. He's not doing anything wrong in a technical sense.

If he just instalocks the Nunu, and goes through the entire game without saying a word, that might be a "refusing to communicate with the team" sort of situation, but that's not the case with this dude.

I'm also not entirely sure where this "failing to communicate" thing is coming from. I have hours of VODs on my Twitch channel dating back to when I first theorycrafted this strategy that you can see here: twitch.tv/itslevi . I type a paragraph long explanation at the beginning of every champion select. I answer questions and give champion recommendations if people ask. I communicate more than almost anyone I've played with in game both with pings and chat since working with my team is essential to my strategy's success.

remist

Apparently he has a 55% win rate on Nunu because he's a jungle player and used to play him jungle a lot. Most of his supp Nunu games he just feeds hardcore.
His op.gg season 7 win rate is 56% with nunu and as far as i can tell from what he is saying and looking at his op.gg that is exclusively support. He plays ivern when he gets jungle and dodges if either gets banned.

JulianImp

Blasted autofill jungler Shaco going 1/11... Mid had Veigar in it, so I though he'd constantly be there while Veigar had his E down to take flash and then go for the kill, but that wasn't the case and both him and mid Annie fed hardcore.

It also didn't help that my adc Sivir insisted on pushing the wave at all costs, even when Shaco asked her to stop. I think she even went for Runaan's for her very first item. Then she'd get all-inned by Malph/Ez and die in spite of my heals and cc. One time she even chased Malphite while autoinh him while Ez was in front of her hitting her over and over, and it took my Exhaust to keep her from getting herself killed while she even failed to get the Malph (who was still at around 30-40% HP after her silly all-in).

Now I'm about to lane against the legendary Veigar support. I wonder what he's going to do if he needs to steal farm with his Q to get stronger in the lategame.

What he does in the game doesn't matter as long as he's not breaking the rules. Not being in lane as a support is not against the rules because the 1-1-1-2 stat isn't an official League comp.

I'm not saying that I'm a fan of this guy, but he's literally just playing the game how he wants to, and he wards, communicates, and tires to win games. He's not doing anything wrong in a technical sense.

If he just instalocks the Nunu, and goes through the entire game without saying a word, that might be a "refusing to communicate with the team" sort of situation, but that's not the case with this dude.
If he's getting reported enough to get banned then clearly he's doing something to upset other players often enough beyond simply picking some off meta stuff when he gets autofilled.

There's a lot more to communication than copying a paragraph and pasting it in champ select. If he wants to play experimental shit, get a duo ADC that is ok with 1v2ing. Play flex with a premade. The fact that he wins doesn't mean he isn't making the game miserable for people having to 1v2 in a role that can't fucking 1v2 vs competent players.

Welcome to Flex Bronze where people ignore Soraka. free climbing to Silver for me

idk the link but meddler was talking about different ideas they had for malphite cos they wanted to do him for the tank reworks, but they didn't find a solid kit they liked

how about a cool sona tho

bSRyyKI.jpg

The mask should be on her boobs

He is negatively affecting his team by going double jgl. You screw the jnglr by messing up the xp. Screw adc because they are now 2v1. Screw the team due to the above adc behind, jnglr havin no pressure.

remist

If he's getting reported enough to get banned then clearly he's doing something to upset other players often enough beyond simply picking some off meta stuff when he gets autofilled.
If he is going to get banned he should actually have broken the rules. If getting reported too much is bannable then there is no need for manual audits in the first place. They need to either make a rule enforcing the 1-1-1-2 meta or leave it be.

If he is going to get banned he should actually have broken the rules. If getting reported too much is bannable then there is no need for manual audits in the first place. They need to either make a rule enforcing the 1-1-1-2 meta or leave it be.
That I can agree with. Riot needs to step up and take a stand on this kind of shit. Either off meta playstyles in solo Q are ok or they are not, choose one and enforce it.

There's a lot more to communication than copying a paragraph and pasting it in champ select. If he wants to play experimental shit, get a duo ADC that is ok with 1v2ing. Play flex with a premade. The fact that he wins doesn't mean he isn't making the game miserable for people having to 1v2 in a role that can't fucking 1v2 vs competent players.

He is negatively affecting his team by going double jgl. You screw the jnglr by messing up the xp. Screw adc because they are now 2v1. Screw the team due to the above adc behind, jnglr havin no pressure.

If this guy was ever on my team, I probably wouldn't be thrilled about it, but like I said earlier, what he's doing isn't against the rules. There isn't anything in the rulebook saying that someone can't double jungle, or leave their bot lane partner to do stuff around the map and making it a 1v2. Riot can't punish people for playing the video game how they want to unless the clearly specify that all Summoners need to follow the meta...which is something I can't see happening.

remist

He is winning more than he is losing in high diamond and he provided statistics that he is setting the enemy jungler back in pressure and in average gold more than his adc is losing out. The adc also gets a lvl advantage and he gets way more neutral objectives then the enemy team. It's unquestionably working it's just pissing off his adc who has to 1 v 2.
Nah, guy must have been a complete asshole to have been banned no matter what he says.
He got pretty specific feedback on the riot forums and there is no mention of toxic behavior. He was banned for "lack of communication with teammates" which means playing off meta against your teamates objections.

I just saw a really interesting interaction on QT's stream. Draven took thresh lantern, but got hit by Jayce E in the middle and the Draven just reappeared back where he had taken the lantern. Whoops? I wonder if that's a bug. I would've expected it to just stop him exactly where he'd gotten hit and not back at the start of the lantern.

subtles

I just saw a really interesting interaction on QT's stream. Draven took thresh lantern, but got hit by Jayce E in the middle and the Draven just reappeared back where he had taken the lantern. Whoops? I wonder if that's a bug. I would've expected it to just stop him exactly where he'd gotten hit and not back at the start of the lantern.

It also does that for Leblanc distortion and Zed shadow since it's a displacement.

If this guy was ever on my team, I probably wouldn't be thrilled about it, but like I said earlier, what he's doing isn't against the rules. There isn't anything in the rulebook saying that someone can't double jungle, or leave their bot lane partner to do stuff around the map and making it a 1v2. Riot can't punish people for playing the video game how they want to unless the clearly specify that all Summoners need to follow the meta...which is something I can't see happening.
Depending on how champ select chat went, I would report him even if we won. If this was a guy goin Leona top then meh w/e floats your boat as long as your not purposely feeding/trolling.

He is winning more than he is losing in high diamond and he provided statistics that he is setting the enemy jungler back in pressure and in average gold more than his adc is losing out. The adc also gets a lvl advantage and he gets way more neutral objectives then the enemy team. It's unquestionably working it's just pissing off his adc who has to 1 v 2.

He got pretty specific feedback on the riot forums and there is no mention of toxic behavior. He was banned for "lack of communication with teammates" which means playing off meta against your teamates objections.
If at champ select he goes "Im doing dbl jgl" and his adc goes " I don't want to 1 v 2" then he should just support him. There's a difference in going an off meta champ in a role ur assigned and forcing a 2v1 because you don't want to support. Everything can't be all roses if he was reported for it enuff to get banned.

drawkcaB

It's good that he's communicating with this team, but nowhere does he indicate that the team has accepted what he wants to do. If the team says, no, we want a normal support and lane arrangement, and he plant smite Nunu anyways, it's difficult to feel sympathy for the guy. As others have said, if he's hell bent on doing this then bring in a duo or play flex with an arranged team. Not matter how much he explains it, with what length of copy-pasted text, his expectations of getting his teammates to accept, understand, and plan such an unorthodox comp in the time required to get through champ select is ridiculous.

It's unfortunate that the meta has crystallized so much, but a single player forcing the other four to bend isn't acceptable either. That said I'm not frustrated by this player, but rather by Riot.

JulianImp

The support player ended up being a freaking Ashe who never even built a sightstone and rushed the ancient coin support item without buying anything else before completing it for some dumb reason, and the Veigar proceeded to get owned by an Annie that carried most teamfights for us. I gained 23 LP from that, so I guess the game still wants me to climb some more, thankfully.

Welcome to Flex Bronze where people ignore Soraka. free climbing to Silver for me

So much this. It's okay to ignore that 0/99/0 tank that jumps onto you with not a single finished item on him/her and start focusing on actual threats instead, but Raka kind of works like Sona in that the threat they represent is kind of masked for newer players due to how they help their teammates in less obvious ways than chunking you or doing CC chains unlike other supports.

It's good that he's communicating with this team, but nowhere does he indicate that the team has accepted what he wants to do.

His team not accepting how he wants to spend his time isn't his problem. I don't accept it when people play Yasuo, but Yasuo players are free to do w/e they want (if Yas isn't banned).

a single player forcing the other four to bend isn't acceptable either.

Neither is four people forcing one person to bend to their wishes.

That said I'm not frustrated by this player, but rather by Riot.

Likewise

Leezard

If it worked and you could climb to high elo with a 50%+ win rate. Why not? I'm fine with riot deciding to ban stuff like counter jungle nunu support, but they need to stop doing it in a disengenous way by pretending they dont enforce the meta when they absolutely do, at least when it comes to lanes and roles.

I don't think it's riot that enforces the meta here, it's the community. Otherwise he wouldn't get reported that much.

I don't think we got complete information here yet either. Last time with the support singed it turned out that he had a good winrate from playing non-support singed and then just fed and lost as singed support.

I don't think the lane setup really deserves to be called the "meta" right now either, it's just how the game is played since 5+ years back.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's actually "refusing to cooperate with teammates" and I hit people with this all the time when they throw some dumb fit and refuse to group/cooperate/do anything other than run down their lane and ignore the game going on.

Totally baffling that so many people stand up for losers like this Nunu player when they'd whine about it if they ever had to play on the same team as him.

JulianImp

This is why they just need a kick option in champ select.

I don't know, while it could help against real trolls, I could easily see people kicking others out of their one-trick champs merely because they aren't top tier meta picks. I'd rather have whoever doesn't like a pick to dodge rather than allowing people to gang up on a player because s/he intends to run a non-lethality adc or something.

If anything, I'd be all for reporting players in champ select so that people could tell on players who troll with their picks without having to sit through a full game with them in the first place. It'd probably have to be a lot less severe and require more repeat offenses to actually enact a ban though, since it'd probably be really easy to get lots of reports simply because you want to play a lower-tier champion (poor Urgot mains would probably get reported a lot).

1-1-1-2 is practically the meta forced by riot for the time being. Dont follow it in solo queue, and you will get banned.

remist

It's actually "refusing to cooperate with teammates" and I hit people with this all the time when they throw some dumb fit and refuse to group/cooperate/do anything other than run down their lane and ignore the game going on.

Totally baffling that so many people stand up for losers like this Nunu player when they'd whine about it if they ever had to play on the same team as him.

I'm personally more concerned with my teammates playing seriously to win and not trolling or raging. And this nunu is obviously trying to win whatever his strategy. And I'm fine with them banning it but they need to be explicit and not leave it up to the whims of the community.

TheFlow

Banned
watching your teammates do things that only a person with 2 weeks of Lol experience make is painful.

you know it is bad when you gotta tell your adc what to build.

cost me my promos.

Top Bottom