• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Talents

Banned
Oh boy Gali--
S8Gnek5.png

zkylon

zkylewd
what's with lux being dwarfed by giant monsters lately

has riot been reading my fan fiction

mecha galio looks cool

Its Galio

Yeah, seems like Galio.

He is friends with Poppy ... so I guess he's with Lux and them.

Anyway, bot lane goes 1/12 and our JG goes AFK. I point this out as reason why we had to FF ... support has the nerve to say "When I play mid I don't blame others ...".

Like really?

My champ drawing bans in LCS

This is worrying.

There's never been a better time to expand your pool! Or maybe there has, I'm not a top laner I don't know.

Also if that's Galio, the promo art really eschews the whole 'I'm a gargoyle' aesthetic that he has in his design and ult.

There's never been a better time to expand your pool! Or maybe there has, I'm not a top laner I don't know.

Also if that's Galio, the promo art really eschews the whole 'I'm a gargoyle' aesthetic that he has in his design and ult.

His ult never made thematic sense anyway. He turns into a stone and makes everyone attack him? Wat. Turning into stone would be fine if it was a passive and it let him heal.

faridmon

Switch + Zelda tomorrow, barely contain my excitement.

Anyway, Lulu feels great, although I discovered that Naut counters, we got stomped in lane in that game.

My champ drawing bans in LCS

This is worrying.

Expand that pool.

I gotta do the same. Thinking of playing the earth bender top and mid til the mid year update cause no one bans her and she seems pretty cool. Thinking about getting Yorick to. Too many games lost because someone bans Illaoi and now I gotta play Vel mid or some shit :/
My vel has dropped off ... I don't find him as fun as I use to.
I don't think Naut counters in lane unless you get hooked a bunch.

IIRC he was seen as a Garen counter not too long ago.

Cause you both just get tanky AF without being able to kill each other and you have a fuck ton of CC so once tfs start you're more useful.
Only really a counter if you're super afraid of Garen in lane though I guess.

Jarsonot

I gifted some skins recently, around 10 or so, and every time I start up the client I get a notification (well, 10 notifications) that they've been opened.

It's pretty annoying because those notifications block me from seeing my loot, or the store, or how much RP/IP I have.

Is this just a new client bug, or is there something I can do to stop seeing that the gifts have been opened every time I log on?

Expand that pool.

I gotta do the same. Thinking of playing the earth bender top and mid til the mid year update cause no one bans her and she seems pretty cool. Thinking about getting Yorick to. Too many games lost because someone bans Illaoi and now I gotta play Vel mid or some shit :/
My vel has dropped off ... I don't find him as fun as I use to.

IIRC he was seen as a Garen counter not too long ago.

Cause you both just get tanky AF without being able to kill each other and you have a fuck ton of CC so once tfs start you're more useful.
Only really a counter if you're super afraid of Garen in lane though I guess.

I'm specifically talking about support naut into support lulu, sorry I wasn't more specific. Top lane is a different beast.

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't like galio's old look at all but i still want to play him if he's a midlaner so glad he's turned into a mecha

mechas are cool

yeah as oppressive and annoying as poppy has been i really feel like they nailed pretty much everything besides numbers
i think issues with poppy are usually shared with others in her tank category, so wouldn't pin it on the rework

like maokai or nautilus have a similar issue that they deal way too much dmg for their tankiness

I'm specifically talking about support naut into support lulu, sorry I wasn't more specific. Top lane is a different beast.

Oh ...
fuck bot lane :p

New Galio tease pic made me unlock the Gate Keeper skin that's been sitting in my loot box.

I'm hoping this massive mech golem is an AP juggernaut :O
(Him being a "Tank/ Battle Mage" currently sounds a lot like juggernaut if they wanna rework him to be that way)

Playing normals with a friend who is bronze 1ish as I try to work on fundamentals and basic teamfighting/cooperation on my way to level 18. Somehow I end up laning against a gold 3 yasuo. Learning this game is a lesson in cruelty.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Playing normals with a friend who is bronze 1ish as I try to work on fundamentals and basic teamfighting/cooperation on my way to level 18. Somehow I end up laning against a gold 3 yasuo. Learning this game is a lesson in cruelty.

i hope you reported him for abusing riot's asinine matchmaking algorithm

i hope you reported him for abusing riot's asinine matchmaking algorithm

Is that a thing? I just thought it was shitty matchmaking. I'm used to stuff like that happening on Overwatch all the time, so while it was completely one sided, I figured it was just something you have to deal with in normals sometimes.

JulianImp

Is that a thing? I just thought it was shitty matchmaking. I'm used to stuff like that happening on Overwatch all the time, so while it was completely one sided, I figured it was just something you have to deal with in normals sometimes.

Nah, AFAIK awful matchmaking can and does happen. Like, I tried playing a flex game with the same people I had just won a game with, and while all of us were low bronze players we got paired up against four mid-high silver players and a freaking platinum. Of course that probably was because the matchmaking system didn't want to pair our 5-person premade against non-5man groups, so I guess it didn't find any better matches and still decided to pair the two teams together despite the obviously absurd skill difference.

It's kind of funny how whenever I play with zky and his friends I'm forced to realize just how much better at the game enemies in higher divisions are. Like, even though I may think I've got a match-up figured out, that only really applies to games played with people around my skill level.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

if by sometimes you mean literally every game yes

JulianImp

Geeze, I just had a game where my top Panth went 0/10/3 and mid Ryze went 0/7/6. My only death in the game (with no kills and seven assists) was near the end, when I didn't move out of the way and Ryze ulted himself and two of us into the whole enemy team when every single one of them had a 3K gold advantage compared to their lane opponents, so of course we all promptly died and they aced the rest of our team for an easy win.

One time we managed to take a kill on the support Karma with help of Jax and he had about 20% HP left, so of course he didn't back and tried to fight Orianna in the jungle just after she had hit level six... and then our Cait even thought it was a good idea to fight her alongside Ryze, and she also dies while Ori can just ignore our midlaner and goes straight for her since she was already weak as well. She literally walked into an Q-W just to get into auto-attack range on the other side of our blue (possibly hoping it was unwarded or something) and propmtly died.

I get that you might have a bad game or not really get a particular match-up, but Ryze and Panth dying so much made no sense. Like, even I know you should try and play safe and hope for good teamfights and a better game once laning phase ends if you're behind to avoid snowballing your disadvantage into other lanes...

Edit: Another game, another loss. Top Rumble goes 0/5 against Morde very early on, and then Morde just rapes everything because reasons. Meanwhile, adc and I make a dumb decission that gets us both killed arly on, and then he kills himself by walking into a Malphite ult, and I kind of can't find any way to come back into the game.

Final game for today will be as Singed against Yorick, and with a Nunu support in the enemy team.

Edit2: Oddly close-ish game that seemed lost initially. Ashe fed her ass off during laning phase, but after our base was ravaged for a bit we got two near-aces on them for some reason, but ultimately we couldn't capitalize on them at all because our lanes were pushed and dragon/baron were taken. Over fifty minutes of excruciating pain later, we got aced with 70s+ death timers and that was it. Nunu, Varus, Xin and Annie also made sure I'd stay put if they wanted to put a stop to my antics, so I couldn't actually get close to their backline unless I waited for CDs, but that meant my team was getting hit by the abilities instead, so it was lose-lose (Varus ult also rooting nearby teammates also screwed us over several times). Turned my 5-0 streak around for a nice 0-3 one, putting my win rate at exactly 50% with a 30-30 record. Hopefully I don't lose anymore so I can avoid falling off of B3.

I'm kind of beginning to resent Blitz players, because while Nunu was doing lots of peeling and chasing with his slows Blitz was the most boring and useless thing ever. Almost any other support champion could've been more useful than it after laning phase was over, and the fact that Ashe fed like crazy meant that it couldn't even do its thing during the early-game.

In game wit lux adc. She went lux adc because she looked at nexus or something and it said i was in my promos. I won my promos the game before though LOL.

Seems like the only way I can win now is with my Sion Mid strat.

Or maybe I should just play more mid in general .... really freaks people out when their mid tower is gone regardless of how well they're doing in their respective lanes. Gives me an excuse to play Diana again and to starting point to picking up the earth bender ...

Calvero

Banned
had a kha go into game with no smite. just powerfarmed. had an irelia go 3/7 against a tank karma, but halfway through the game our draven tells me it's my fault we're losing the game. even though i was 4/1 at that point and was the only one doing anything for picks and objective taking

Top Bottom