• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
can't be an ubi open world, this one's fun and has good gameplay

i do realize one could say the same about wrpgs, but fallout 2 exists

Nekofrog

Banned
there's a really, really great game buried underneath a lot of technical issues with botw. every time i play it i just wish it was a PC game that I could run at 60fps with all the eye candy in the world :(

23qwerty

there's a really, really great game buried underneath a lot of technical issues with botw. every time i play it i just wish it was a PC game that I could run at 60fps with all the eye candy in the world :(

Cross your fingers for a 60fps hack with Cemu
unlikely but at least should be able to get solid 30fps + 4k eventually

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
You didn't think ACIV: Black Flag was fun?

Typical Cho player.

I generally have better things to spend time/money on than Ass Creed games.

Played 1, 2 and 3 and 2 was the only one that would qualify as a good game. 1 was a boring, downright insulting tech demo and by 3 I was done with the formula so I didn't even finish that.

mfw ass creed
nbNXXSx.png

Calvero

Banned
i really enjoyed the first assassin's creed game. at least what i played of it. during the last third my xbox RRoD and i just never played it again. 2 was a lot better. and then never touched the games again.

Nekofrog

Banned
Cross your fingers for a 60fps hack with Cemu
unlikely but at least should be able to get solid 30fps + 4k eventually

yeah, i played skyward sword on the wii until i couldn't take it anymore and decided to emulate it and it looked fantastic. unfortunately the game wasn't any fun, but botw is fun as heck so far

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
i'm confused

are u saying fallout 2 is fun or are u saying it's not fun?

I'm saying that while it's common for WRPG to have boring at best, genuinely bad at worst gameplay/combat, Fallout 2-styled battles are the exception. It's still far from perfect but it's comprehensible, challenging and actions taken have a meaty impact to them. Helps that it's proper turn based, tho.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wonder why ahri is back in pro play

she doesn't feel weak but she feels unimpactful to me

edit: also lethality meta seems to have completely killed off taliyah

rip

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
So... is Horizon Zero Dawn cool or not? It's the only game from PS4 that has my attention.

I'm not too far in but it looks insane, it plays great, the main character is legit good and the story so far seems interesting.

Can't say if the game shits the bed later on but I'm very satisfied with my purchase thus far.

Oscar

Newbie here (installed a few hours ago)

Any of those on sale characters worth it? I'm digging Mundo and Yasuo's abilities/playstyle.

Do characters ever go higher than 50% off?

zkylon

zkylewd
it'd be cooler if syndra was in it

Any of those on sale characters worth it? I'm digging Mundo and Yasuo's abilities/playstyle.

nope, they're never any cheaper than that

mundo is very cheap with ip, you don't want to spend real money on him

Newt

Honestly, I would just stay away from Yasuo.

Though, I do think Mundo is a fun champ and would be good for a player getting used to the game.

Personally I've never bought a champion with RP though. I started on Ashe like most ADC mains probably did.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
a bunch of robo kogs and robo cho gaths

yeah the robots are super cute

zhxf3Af.jpg

i feel bad hunting them

I would advise against spending real money on champs, that's pretty much what IP is for. Buy instead a cool skin for a champ you enjoy playing.

Oscar

mundo is very cheap with ip, you don't want to spend real money on him
You're right, he's pretty cheap. I have 426 ip after 3 bot matches, just gonna farm the 1300 for him.

Would ya'll recommend any of the bundles? Champions/Digital Collector's/Starter.

I don't own any champions.

Newt

I would just play with the free week roster. It's not like you're gonna feed when you don't get Viktor or anything, you're just starting out.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're right, he's pretty cheap. I have 426 ip after 3 bot matches, just gonna farm the 1300 for him.

Would ya'll recommend any of the bundles? Champions/Digital Collector's/Starter.

I don't own any champions.
if u only played a few hours i think i'd recommend you wait until you find yourself really enjoying the game to spend real money on it. league's a great game and is totally worth ur money but wait a bit before u spend money

play the free week champions for now and wait until you find a champion you really really like before buying them

also there's some free champions u can get for following riot on twitter and stuff, check the ot for info

Crit changes? I wonder what they're going to do.

what if

everyone started with a base crit. And you can increase this crit by building whatever you need. IE, melee by building AD will gain crit dependent on how much AD they get. Mages will get crit depending on the AP they get.

Oh yeah AP can crit now.

That'd be cool.

Newt

what if

everyone started with a base crit. And you can increase this crit by building whatever you need. IE, melee by building AD will gain crit dependent on how much AD they get. Mages will get crit depending on the AP they get.

Oh yeah AP can crit now.

That'd be cool.
That would just eliminate the point of crit in general.

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of ots, trip down memory lane

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!
who other than me remembers southerndragon? this one was the one i started posting on and it feels so fucking long ago. look at those fucking champion portraits! what the fuck is up with shaco lmao

also the boken tips lol

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u
this one has soda telling people to picture him naked while playing which i find weird but me and soda never saw eye to eye on anything so that's his thing not gonna judge! also there's this weirdo scy person idk who that is :>

that banner is still cool

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma
ofc banner is fucked cos i hosted it somewhere stupid. rush job by kayos, rip

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot
this is where it started getting serious, dobi wasn't fully unchained yet but close

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute
i never understood the jojo stuff but dobi finally on his element just working his craft. i remember being very confused about everything in this ot. also i finally overtake boko in posts

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!
best thread, rip boko to the neogaf mod dictatorship. the mid part is the best of any ot lol

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.
back to jojo stuff, and rip deadnames lol

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009
dobi making his best kayos impression, i think i was banned for half of this thread lol

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh
dobi redeemed with second best thread. i helped a bit on this one and a beautiful relationship was born. also costy sold his soul to phreak for quinn buffs. idk why dobi was so dead set on giving me a gnar avatar

League of Legends |OT11| ♪ going ♪
dobi screwed me so bad on this one but hey i did my best lol. i actually learned a lot of basic design bullshit from doing this so it was fun to do and imagine everyone's reactions

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.
phoned it in with this one and i think it's kind of depressing given the recent lyte stuff but whatever lol. breezy never got to make his own thread tho so maybe ot14...

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable
this one was pretty cool, i liked the nev bits

---

couldn't find ot1 :<

Crit changes? I wonder what they're going to do.
i wonder this too, there's the easy solution of using crit as some sort of autoattack damage modifier that stacks on hits and whatever crit % u buy just reduces the amount of autos u have to hit to get that crit, but i feel that would just make it predictable for really high elo and pro play, not for the majority of the playerbase, and it would probably not solve any of the itemization problems crit creates

honestly if they just removed crit and made adcs scale off one or two items like mages that would be better for them although idk for the game

i appreciate the fact that scaling works differently for different roles, i like the idea that adcs are weaker early while mids are stronger, i think that makes the game feel more dynamic and have more of a "storyline" than if everyone is similarly strong all the time

JulianImp

Like others have said, play around with the free champions until you can pinpoint particular champs and roles you like playing, and only then buy them.

I think the biggest hurdle to understanding the game at first is learning what each champion does with their skills and which roles/lanes they tend to play since there's so many of them by now, but don't worry about it as it'll come naturally over time. The weekly champion rotation after your account reaches level 5 (I think) also means that you'll be playing against them a lot on any given week, which is great for helping you remember their play patterns and quirks, at least on a basic level.

Top Bottom