• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

scy

Man, I was half confused at how it's taken you this long to get to 30 on that NA account but I've been leveling a random other account for nearly a month now and it's like ... not even level 20 yet.

Also discussion died out because meta discussion doesn't apply to 99% of players...

I feel it weird to state this alongside the whole "GAF is getting worse" thing? I'd say they're fairly hand-in-hand in many ways. For what it's worth, it's less a League GAF specific thing and more a GAF in-general thing where you'll find most these communities to be less about the actual playing and bettering understanding of the game.

neogaf is also like HARDCORE so ppl here don't like league as much as they like doto

If there's one thing I've come to accept about GAF, it's the most casual place ever that likes to front otherwise.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel it weird to state this alongside the whole "GAF is getting worse" thing? I'd say they're fairly hand-in-hand in many ways. For what it's worth, it's less a League GAF specific thing and more a GAF in-general thing where you'll find most these communities to be less about the actual playing and bettering understanding of the game.

I have no idea why but I spit my drink out reading this.

zkylon

zkylewd
leveling is the worst

i would be 100% against buying accounts if leveling wasn't this bad

Not even relative to dota. Two years for the first OT, another 11 in ~5 years. The rate at which GAF burns though DotA2 and some other OTs is beyond my comprehension.

well u know

i joined in ot 2

mystery solved :>

If there's one thing I've come to accept about GAF, it's the most casual place ever that likes to front otherwise.
well either case ppl here like their doto a whole bunch

Ever

Banned
I should totally pick up heroes again. Hopefully it's not as terrible as it was when I stopped. Just hit 40 too.

drawkcaB

Sometimes I think GAF isn't as good as it used to be too. Going down to General Discussion used to be something I'd do for fun because there was always a few fast moving threads that were hilarious. PS2/Xbox and early to mid PS3/X360 era console wars were a hoot.

But if I'm being honest, the reason I don't find GAF as funny is probably me. Adulthood has been taking its toll since I had my first kid.

i joined in ot 2

mystery solved :>

So if there's 20,000 posts per OT, in order to go from one OT every 24 months to one every ~6 months, you'd have to be responsible for 15,000 waifu posts. Yep, math checks out.

Newt

I should totally pick up heroes again. Hopefully it's not as terrible as it was when I stopped. Just hit 40 too.
I wish it wasn't the case, but heroes is just straight up trash. Shame too, because the game has some really good ideas in it.

Ever

Banned
I don't post in GD / OT not because I remember what happened the last several times I tried (didn't go well), but because it's not really interesting anymore. 1/2 of GD is just BoTW circle jerking and switch hardware player support.

And OT...eh.

EDIT: Galio teaser is out

The """""""""art""""""""""" of him is going to be sick.

Heroes is a game you play if you want to have fun without committing 30 minutes into a single match.

And my armchair designing is fantastic thank you very much.

The thing with discussions is that the game doesn't really change as fast as it did back then - for good reason, no one liked sporadic balance changes - so there's not much to talk about constantly unless you guys would like me to incessantly bitch about the state of bot lane until the preseason.

Galio looks like some Dark Souls boss lol

drawkcaB

Geez, Galio is totally different...

...does he jungle though?

I want to play Bard support but for some reason Riot doesn't want to give him any tangible buffs. Seems like a fantastic competitive support, I'd have thought Riot would have given him a significant push by now.

Is there any indication of when we'll see the actual kit? I don't know where we are in the patch cycle right now, but I assume he won't show up on PBE until the next patch comes out.

they previewed his abilities in the teaser.

looks like he has a charge, a windblast and a big ass CC that involves him flying in.

my guess is that he's gonna be busted in competitive play since he looks like he has a ridiculous amount of mobility and crowd control.

Galio looks like a non-garbage version of Aatrox kit-wise
Is there any indication of when we'll see the actual kit? I don't know where we are in the patch cycle right now, but I assume he won't show up on PBE until the next patch comes out.
Full reveal should be in the next two days

I thought they were gonna make Galio ranged cause they said "it's strange for him to be melee when all his skills are so ranged (which makes no sense cause Illaoi is the same way)".

Guess they just decided to beef up the melee aspect of him. Outside of the wind attack I don't recognized anything from his current kit.

Also that charge in smack down is very much like a skill I was thinking about for a theoretical juggernaut champ.

I like Galios design

his face reminds me of my mages face
G83gi00.png

And yeah if his kit has mobility and CC, he's gonna be op. grats rito you made galio popular.

zkylon

zkylewd
galio looks so dumb, i luv it

So if there's 20,000 posts per OT, in order to go from one OT every 24 months to one every ~6 months, you'd have to be responsible for 15,000 waifu posts. Yep, math checks out.
all thanks to me yip yip

they previewed his abilities in the teaser.

looks like he has a charge, a windblast and a big ass CC that involves him flying in.

my guess is that he's gonna be busted in competitive play since he looks like he has a ridiculous amount of mobility and crowd control.
yea that sounds a bit silly

Oh yeah, Galio is in my top 10 of favorite champions. I always liked his visual design and always thought his ultimate was cool(as impractical as it was later into the game when CC became more and more prevalent.)

zkylon

zkylewd
how does that ghost rage video have almost 400 views, who's watching this stuff

ghost and noot

He's got wings and has a 'jump into the air then knock people up in a circle' ability. Also the tornado is analogous to the aatrox Q.

I don't think you can actually call them similar until we actually see descriptions of the abilities.
isn't aatrox q the jump?

edit: i guess that doesn't matter, i just always found it weird that he has like jump on q

zkylon

zkylewd
GAF gets a shit load of views. even a community thread is gonna get a lot of views from people not participating

that's a lot tho

all the videos i've posted here have gotten like 12 views lol

i didn't even get all of u assholes to watch my videos lol

ghost and noot

isn't aatrox q the jump?

edit: i guess that doesn't matter, i just always found it weird that he has like jump on q

Is it? I have no idea. I just know he has the triangle skillshot, the knock up, some other ability, and his ult is either an AD or AS steroid?

Ever

Banned
Played a game of HoTS after like 6 months

Played Jaina

walked out of base

Valeera pops out of stealth and one shots me

respawn

walk out of base

Kerrigan pops out and one shots me

respawn

team fight

kite with spells and kill most of enemy team