• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
oh nice, i couldn't find it

i see kiunch and atchius and closer and boko and rex and blizzard and ferrio but you're the only one of ot1 that still posts right?

that's kinda cool

You guys are going to make me buy a PS4 (and a TV, lol) only to play Horizon Zero Dawn dammit.

(I was sold with the next gen tuna)
there's also bloodborne and persona 5 and the last guardian i guess

probably not a good idea to spend money on like 2 games tho

"DAMN SO LOW!?!? THAT'S ALL YOU CAN F@$%ING SAY?!?!"

giphy.gif

10/10

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i see kiunch and atchius and closer and boko and rex and blizzard and ferrio but you're the only one of ot1 that still posts right?
Maybe with any frequency. There are lots of people I miss playing the game with. Hard to believe it's been so long but I guess it really does feel like ages ago.

Newt

I miss the Summons + Soda inhouses.

Also hilarious when Kayos90 got involved.

Those games were hilarious to me, even being a shitty silver player.

Ever

Banned
That one in-house when we started blind pick before picking roles and he flipped out

I kek'd

Also I think I've only made like 1 hall of shame

I wonder why :thonkang:

1.) Little did you guys know, Caitlyn was actually from the future. Maybe she saw the video, got hired at Riot and decided to make her meta your meta in 2016. :O

2.) I'm impressed at the sheer endurance on display, to be able to maintain maximum cynicism, snark, contempt and assholishness for a full 30+ minutes. The average person would have lost energy and interest. That dude earned it as I recall, but geez. Sort of sad, but perhaps this is what this community looks like. Looking down on others between Smash Bros matches, failing to see the irony.

Newt

1.) Little did you guys know, Caitlyn was actually from the future. Maybe she saw the video, got hired at Riot and decided to make her meta your meta in 2016. :O

2.) I'm impressed at the sheer endurance on display, to be able to maintain maximum cynicism, snark, contempt and assholishness for a full 30+ minutes. The average person would have lost energy and interest. That dude earned it as I recall, but geez. Sort of sad, but perhaps this is what this community looks like. Looking down on others between Smash Bros matches, failing to see the irony.
Oh we gave AD TF so many chances at redemption you don't even know.

Still that game was hilarious despite AD TF. Malphite constantly failing to ult, both ADCs with terrible builds, Malphite dying to golems. Silver games are usually bad I'm sure, but that one was a gem.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I can't believe I was part of this back since OT2. Some of you are younguns. I think dimb is the oldest member here. I might be within the 5 oldest.

I really miss some of the good old times that I had. Nothing like inhouse ARAMs or inhouse games where people taught me about life. Apparently I didn't know anything back then... =/

kayos90

A lot of people have moved on with their life and don't play League or they moved onto other games. ufo probably got busy with his writing gig, closer went on to go play Heroes, bind went onto doing.... other stuff, even scy left for a while to go play FFXIV.

Newt

Honestly I would love to quit League, but there's nothing good enough to replace it that's out right now. Heroes is a joke, Halo is pretty much dead now, I tried Dota 2 and it basically has the opposite problems that Heroes has. CSGO is fun in short bursts, but not really good enough to be my main title.

I'm really only interested in competitive type games.

I only play with friends in 3v3. Game has definitely gotten stale.
Maybe it's stale because you play Yorick :^).

kayos90

I only play with friends in 3v3. Game has definitely gotten stale.

I actually think the game has gotten more exciting than it's ever been. Personally speaking, I've just really been removed from the thread and the community because the people I enjoyed hanging out with are no longer here and they were the primary reason why I continued playing. I had a lot of dumb posts because I was immature but I spent a good amount of time with the original LoL crew and they've affected my life pretty profoundly, positive and negative. I just don't think the community now was as welcoming, friendly, and productive than the old community. Where the community is currently is vastly different than the olden days. That being said, maybe I just got old. Maybe I'm getting too sentimental.

Newt

I think you're looking through rose tinted glasses Kayos. I was around back then, and not that much has changed really.

Like it sucks that some older members like Rex and Ferrio don't play anymore, but overall the community was less welcoming back then. Half of the inhouses would just fail because people would rage and leave after the first game.

We had a huge spreadsheet, but it stopped being used like after the first 30 people.

Honestly, I like the direction GAF is going in, especially since players like Talents and Dob have NA accounts now and we can all play on the same server.

Qon (god, your old name was so much better) you should try showing up to some inhouse games, they're actually enjoyable unlike shitty solo q. #BreezyLimboDraft isn't a good example of how one is actually like.

kayos90

I think you're looking through rose tinted glasses Kayos. I was around back then, and not that much has changed really.

Like it sucks that some older members like Rex and Ferrio don't play anymore, but overall the community was less welcoming back then. Half of the inhouses would just fail because people would rage and leave after the first game.

We had a huge spreadsheet, but it stopped being used like after the first 30 people.

Honestly, I like the direction GAF is going in, especially since players like Talents and Dob have NA accounts now and we can all play on the same server.

Qon (god, your old name was so much better) you should try showing up to some inhouse games, they're actually enjoyable unlike shitty solo q. #BreezyLimboDraft isn't a good example of how one is actually like.

There was a time when the community existed when you weren't around and it was pretty different from how you described it. Idk. Maybe I've gone insane. Either that or I just personally prefer the old group compared to the current.

Newt

This is true, but that would have been around a years time.

I don't think League-GAF was great for a year and then just totally went to shit.

You don't really interact with the new group. Both old group and new group had a fair shame of problems.

kayos90

This is true, but that would have been around a years time.

I don't think League-GAF was great for a year and then just totally went to shit.

You don't really interact with the new group. Both old group and new group had a fair shame of problems.

I distinctly remember a little bit after the time you joined, and a little bit before you joined, a lot of people just started doing their own things and moving on with life, doing other stuff, etc. So I do remember the group going to a downward trend so I do distinctly recall that happening. It didn't go to shit instantenously. Just saying it did happen.

Newt

Eh, again I still think rose tinted glasses.

My definitely had the most fun playing around OT 5, Season 3.

It was like me, Neko, Pankaks, Achtius, Panda, Rex, Ferrio, Fallen and Ghost was there, but he was learning the game lol. Soda was around too I think. We played lots of ranked 5s, and whenever we lost a game we would just delete the team and start up a new one.

Honestly my main complaint is just that GAF has gotten worse, lol.

scy

At least personally, it's less rose-tinted glasses and more that the OT / community in general have been the way it is for a far longer period of time so it's the more normal one. It has been generally less interesting discussion and more memelords, "MUH TEEM", and so on with the occasional armchair designer posts that seem to be fueled mostly by rage (or trolling) rather than a real discussion. Which, granted, I'm not sure it's really that different now than before.

That said, I'm an old boring fuck who's more into technical talks and seriousness than anything else. But I also say these things as someone who struggles to even get themselves to play any so eh. No real indictment or anything of the current LoLGAF scene and more just that it fits my personality a lot less.

Ever

Banned
At least personally, it's less rose-tinted glasses and more that the OT / community in general have been the way it is for a far longer period of time so it's the more normal one. It has been generally less interesting discussion and more memelords, "MUH TEEM", and so on with the occasional armchair designer posts that seem to be fueled mostly by rage (or trolling) rather than a real discussion. Which, granted, I'm not sure it's really that different now than before.

That said, I'm an old boring fuck who's more into technical talks and seriousness than anything else. But I also say these things as someone who struggles to even get themselves to play any so eh. No real indictment or anything of the current LoLGAF scene and more just that it fits my personality a lot less.

Amen.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...orean_i_think_all_skt_fans_should_know_about/

TL,DR:

1. SKT members aren't directly streaming so they can't control what happens to the stream.

2. Kongdoo Company controls it so they can stream to Chinese streaming site.
Thus, the players aren't allowed to interact with the fans via chat and are to manually read donations only.

3. The chat you see on their screen is for you, not for the players. They don't see it.

4. Hence, welcome to spectateFaker, Huni, Peanut, and so on.

Pretty lame they're limiting fan interaction. I get all the SKT guys are supremely talented and make for interesting watching regardless, but being able to interact with and have pseudo-conversations with the streamer is a big draw to watching someone else play instead of playing yourself.

I remember watching guys like Peanut and Rush stream. They were great to watch because they communicated with fans, even with Peanut's limited English. Hopefully Kongdoo gets their head (and their team) together.

new lolgaf is defined by people who post like deadnames so im not surprised it went to shit :^)

I ran into DeadNames awhile ago on Hashinshin's stream

Not sure if that means anything, but it's out there

Newt

I have Deadnames added, he doesn't play anymore.

Also discussion died out because meta discussion doesn't apply to 99% of players and design discussion died out because people in this thread have no idea how good design works. (Starts with a B and rhymes with easy).

That being said, I still like the current thread. I remember OT 3 and 4 were full of shitposts. I never actually posted in OT 3 though because I was getting my account validated.

Talents

Banned
New LoLGAF is already 10 times better than old because you've got me. What more could you ask for?

HaloGAF don't know what it's missing.

kayos90

i like current lolgaf

kayos just likes to complain and always has :>

I mean... this is true. If it makes you feel better, I was your predecessor. Except instead of posting pictures, I would ask dumb questions about life. You are the memer you are now because of me =P

just kidding.

Newt

New LoLGAF is already 10 times better than old because you've got me. What more could you ask for?
Why don't you stop slacking off and hit 30 then?

At least then when you get autofilled into support I won't be let down.

because I'll have zero expectations :^)

zkylon

zkylewd
It's pretty weird to see that the original OT thread lasted over two years. I get it, like, the game took a relatively long time to kick things into high gear, player base wise, so it makes sense that the OT threads would follow suit, but it's still weird seeing that in terms of OT threads.
neogaf is also like HARDCORE so ppl here don't like league as much as they like doto

I mean... this is true. If it makes you feel better, I was your predecessor. Except instead of posting pictures, I would ask dumb questions about life. You are the memer you are now because of me =P

just kidding.

i owe it all to u!

drawkcaB

Outside of AD TF, this video is weirding me out because lots of these champs in my mind are still somewhat new.

Ugh, quill coat. Yuck.

neogaf is also like HARDCORE so ppl here don't like league as much as they like doto!

Not even relative to dota. Two years for the first OT, another 11 in ~5 years. The rate at which GAF burns though DotA2 and some other OTs is beyond my comprehension.

Top Bottom