• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

Great patch. Exh nerfed and BoTRK buffed.

New warlords looking cool too.

My body is ready.

kalista_fanart_by_stepsen-d9sflwj.jpg

Newt

Oh, these patch notes keep getting better.

f50916a576014ff6f04ba28597ae94b9.png

Hopefully in a few patches, Riot will remove Flex Queue entirely.

Holding down the W key causes Galio to enter a defensive stance, gaining damage reduction but moving significantly slower. This channel can't be interrupted even if Galio gets hit with a crowd-control spell.
Oh goody

JulianImp

I wonder how his passive works (on a cd, after you use abilities, etc.), since it looks like enemies could bait you into pushing the lane if you aren't careful. His kit doesn't really look all that good for botlane IMO, because his passive probably pushes the lane when proccing his support item, W's passive shield depends on the enemy support and jungler (since it doesn't help him against adcs for the most part), E puts him in harm's way without an easy obvious CC chain or combo (unlike Thresh), and it also feels like he benefits more from being in a solo lane to get his ult up sooner while being more of a threat when he does show up.

I really like his Q's non-linear trajectory though, and I guess him getting close to you with E or ult and threatening a W will be somewhat scary.

I wonder how his passive works (on a cd, after you use abilities, etc.), since it looks like enemies could bait you into pushing the lane if you aren't careful. His kit doesn't really look all that good for botlane IMO, because his passive probably pushes the lane when proccing his support item, W's passive shield depends on the enemy support and jungler (since it doesn't help him against adcs for the most part), E puts him in harm's way without an easy obvious CC chain or combo (unlike Thresh), and it also feels like he benefits more from being in a solo lane to get his ult up sooner while being more of a threat when he does show up.

I really like his Q's non-linear trajectory though, and I guess him getting close to you with E or ult and threatening a W will be somewhat scary.
Passive is on a CD reduced by abilities hitting champions

TheFlow

Banned
wish I had a duo. so close to promos and I get a

4/16/2 kat

2/13/2 luc

39 deaths between two players. worst part is that is out of 52 kills.

:< I really gotta find me a duo.

drawkcaB

The Galio rework seems like it's sticking more to the modern concept of a tank since he's all skill shots or delayed effects, but I'm concerned that he doesn't seem to have a specific niche.

Yes, his passives make him a better pick against magic damage, but the kit has all the "tank checklist" boxes ticked off. He'll be picked when he's stronger than other tanks, and not picked when he's weaker. It's unfortunate that Riot is trying to fix a problem with the mid-season update while at the same time adding to that problem. It's seems that despite Riot's work culture there's often a significant disconnect between the champ design teams and the balance teams.

The ult being allied targeted is interesting though. It limits his engage potential without a teammate who can dive in, but at the same time his counter engage potential with that disgusting small AoE knock-up time is off the charts.

The Galio rework seems like it's sticking more to the modern concept of a tank since he's all skill shots or delayed effects, but I'm concerned that he doesn't seem to have a specific niche.

Yes, his passives make him a better pick against magic damage, but the kit has all the "tank checklist" boxes ticked off. He'll be picked when he's stronger than other tanks, and not picked when he's weaker. It's unfortunate that Riot is trying to fix a problem with the mid-season update while at the same time adding to that problem. It's seems that despite Riot's work culture there's often a significant disconnect between the champ design teams and the balance teams.

He's a long range initiator/disruptor tbh. His taunt will make him a strong pick, along with his ult which allows him to help someone/let the off-tank initiate for double trouble.

can i get a copy pasta of galio kit
Passive: Bonus AoE magic damage on one auto, scales off AD+MR, CD reduced by hitting unique champions with spells.
Q: Two wind blasts that converge in one spot for extra % damage
W: Passive magic shield that goes off CD out of combat, active can be held down for damage reduction like WW E, let go for an AoE taunt like his old ult, channel can't be interrupted by enemies
E: Dash into knockup after a small delay, only stops for champions or terrain
R: Global knockup, targeted at an ally, ally gets the damage reduction from his W

I don't want to count my Chicken Littles before they hatch but watching the gameplay videos makes him remind me a lot of Poppy and not in a good way

Until I see his CDs(They might be longish given his kit), he might be a champion who, once he pops everything, is useless for a fair amount of time. That could be a downside to him and hurt his usability as a tank.

Ever

Banned
I'm fine with that. More CC, less damage. Besides, most tanks value CDR since it's so great for keeping up spell rotations.

drawkcaB

"Less damage"

We don't know if that's actually true yet.

If you hold down Q out of Q range you won't dash through them. You have to hold down Q while in Q range, and it feels really awkward.

Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, but it feels really bad.

Pretty sure working as intended. I can't think of any other on-click ability that goes off if you hold down the key before getting in range.

Top Bottom