• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Ever

Banned
mNJDbyl.png

Fucking LCS and their 40% win rate.

We're FOTM boys.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok I take back what I said. you can definitely carry games with non damage supports. I can't count how many times redemption+locket combo won us the teamfights.

we came back from a 1vs12. with the enemy team having 6 dragons. as you can tell they threw hard.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is malphite due for a rework by any chance?
Malphite on the other hand we took a crack at, but didn't walk away with anything we thought that fit him or the game well enough. We tried things like turning him into a wall (sick Poppy / Vayne combos that never actually worked out heh), echoing earthquakes, etc. that all had some promise but just didn't work out as expected. Maybe we'll figure it out in the future.
Sounds like the biggest changes are coming in on Zac, Sejuani, and Maokai.

zkylon

zkylewd
leblanc moved up to 44% winrate, so at least she's not as bad as azir and ryze

I hope not. I don't see anything wrong with his kit.

I'd gladly support a visual upgrade tho.
malphite definitely needs one, the only reason he's probably not getting one is that it needs to be larger scope than sejuani or zac or whatever

they probably would be better off doing the rework + visual update all at once like they did with shen

Tizoc

I hope not. I don't see anything wrong with his kit.

I'd gladly support a visual upgrade tho.

Well for one thing their ultis are similar for one thing. I think it's a little awkward to have 2 characters share a similar ability like that. Though there are a few characters that have moves that function or resemble others right?

zkylon

zkylewd
i think riot should frame malphite rework as the supreme wombo combo initiator, giving him more tools than just his ult to be an enabler of ori and mf ults, while at the same time giving his ult more time to react and making his kit in general to not be so braindead

he probably should do more stuff after he blows his load too, but i think armor stacking and reducing attack speed and stuff is not very interesting, so probably not the way to go

would be cool if he like hardened and deflected abilities and skillshots and let them friendly fire

so like u shoot malph with jhin ult and end up killing your nami support or something lol

or he turns into terrain or like a wall like rito said, so now u got like obstacles in ur teamfight lol

that's fun

Newt

Malphite is one of the few champions in the game (along with Annie) where his CC has absolutely no counterplay.

Champs like Taric and Sion had the same issue, but they fixed them.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly i don't mind low "counterplay" cc, it's that coupled with crazy damage while being unkillable that's the problem

i think it's fine that champions like lissandra and vi exist to counter the yasuos and kalistas of the world. even malzahar ult i think is mostly fine if it weren't for the rest of his kit. it's just that those champions tend to not make meaningful tradeoffs and end up dealing way too much dmg or having too much clear speed or whatever

that being said i think malph could stand to have a missable q so that the followup to his ult is not 100% unescapable

it's also kind of true that champions that are supposed to deal with high mobility champions like yasuo end up just being really effective at dealing with syndra or whatever

the amateur league sounds great if they get it working, and evolution of ranked 5s

yeah I think it was fairly obvious that ranked 5s had too many problems to exist as it was. Having something more structured will be great, whatever form it comes in.

Eh, I didnt get the new rep system, its just an icon on your profile

that was just a tiny sneak peak at a part of the system - it's a pretty cool system that delivers much better on what honour should be. Looking forward to that team showing off what they're cooking up

that was just a tiny sneak peak at a part of the system - it's a pretty cool system that delivers much better on what honour should be. Looking forward to that team showing off what they're cooking up

I dont mind seeing the icon on the loading screen so my ADC stops insulting my ancestors after match

you guys should check out the new Riot Pls (now in video form featuring a good guy by the name of Joe Tung)

including talking about the major change we're making to runes and masteries, which sounds nebulous but for real it's big
Interesting. From what he said I really, really hope rune pages are on the chopping block because that kind of system would require runes being able to be set on the fly like masteries - which would invalidate why rune pages exist.

Interesting. From what he said I really, really hope rune pages are on the chopping block because that kind of system would require runes being able to be set on the fly like masteries - which would invalidate why rune pages exist.

A simple way is to remove runes and have people select from 4 runes- 3 minor one major. Ie instead of getting 9 red runes that equal 12 attack, you just pick 1 rune that equals 12 attack. Thus picking runes before a game becomes easier and palatable.

Top Bottom