• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Calvero

Banned
no discord memery here nerds.

Java coffee is a coffee produced on the island of Java. In the United States, the term "Java" by itself is slang for coffee generally. The Indonesian phrase Kopi Jawa refers not only to the origin of the coffee, but is used to distinguish the strong, black, very sweet coffee, with powdered grains in the drink, from other forms of the drink.
The Dutch began cultivation of coffee trees on Java (part of the Dutch East Indies) in the 17th century and it has been exported globally since. The coffee agricultural systems found on Java have changed considerably over time. A rust plague in the late 1880s killed off much of the plantation stocks in Sukabumi, before spreading to Central Java and parts of East Java. The Dutch responded by replacing the Arabica firstly with Liberica (a tough, but somewhat unpalatable coffee) and later with Robusta. Today Java's old colonial era plantations provide just a fraction of the coffee grown on the island, although it is primarily the higher valued Arabica variety.[1]
Java’s Arabica coffee production is centered on the Ijen Plateau, at the eastern end of Java, at an altitude of more than 1,400 meters. The coffee is primarily grown on large estates that were built by the Dutch in the 18th century. The five largest estates are Blawan (also spelled Belawan or Blauan), Jampit (or Djampit), Pancoer (or Pancur), Kayumas and Tugosari, and they cover more than 4,000 hectares [2]
These estates transport ripe cherries quickly to their mills after harvest. The pulp is then fermented and washed off, using the wet process. This results in coffee with good, heavy body and a sweet overall impression. They are sometimes rustic in their flavor profiles, but display a lasting finish. At their best, they are smooth and supple and sometimes have a subtle herbaceous note in the aftertaste.
This coffee is prized as one component in the traditional "Mocha Java" blend, which pairs coffee from Yemen and Java. Some estates age a portion of their coffee for up to three years. During this time, the coffee is "monsooned", by exposing it to warm, moist air during the rainy season. As they age, the beans turn from green to light brown, and the flavor gains strength while losing acidity. These aged coffees are called Old Government, Old Brown or Old Java.
Java is also a source of kopi luwak, renowned as the most expensive coffee in the world. On Java, this variety is produced by feeding captive palm civets with ripe coffee cherries. The digestive tract of the civet removes the mucilage from the coffee beans.

Talents

Banned
Java coffee is a coffee produced on the island of Java. In the United States, the term "Java" by itself is slang for coffee generally. The Indonesian phrase Kopi Jawa refers not only to the origin of the coffee, but is used to distinguish the strong, black, very sweet coffee, with powdered grains in the drink, from other forms of the drink.
The Dutch began cultivation of coffee trees on Java (part of the Dutch East Indies) in the 17th century and it has been exported globally since. The coffee agricultural systems found on Java have changed considerably over time. A rust plague in the late 1880s killed off much of the plantation stocks in Sukabumi, before spreading to Central Java and parts of East Java. The Dutch responded by replacing the Arabica firstly with Liberica (a tough, but somewhat unpalatable coffee) and later with Robusta. Today Java's old colonial era plantations provide just a fraction of the coffee grown on the island, although it is primarily the higher valued Arabica variety.[1]
Java’s Arabica coffee production is centered on the Ijen Plateau, at the eastern end of Java, at an altitude of more than 1,400 meters. The coffee is primarily grown on large estates that were built by the Dutch in the 18th century. The five largest estates are Blawan (also spelled Belawan or Blauan), Jampit (or Djampit), Pancoer (or Pancur), Kayumas and Tugosari, and they cover more than 4,000 hectares [2]
These estates transport ripe cherries quickly to their mills after harvest. The pulp is then fermented and washed off, using the wet process. This results in coffee with good, heavy body and a sweet overall impression. They are sometimes rustic in their flavor profiles, but display a lasting finish. At their best, they are smooth and supple and sometimes have a subtle herbaceous note in the aftertaste.
This coffee is prized as one component in the traditional "Mocha Java" blend, which pairs coffee from Yemen and Java. Some estates age a portion of their coffee for up to three years. During this time, the coffee is "monsooned", by exposing it to warm, moist air during the rainy season. As they age, the beans turn from green to light brown, and the flavor gains strength while losing acidity. These aged coffees are called Old Government, Old Brown or Old Java.
Java is also a source of kopi luwak, renowned as the most expensive coffee in the world. On Java, this variety is produced by feeding captive palm civets with ripe coffee cherries. The digestive tract of the civet removes the mucilage from the coffee beans.

Java fuckery is a fuckery produced on the island of Java. In the United States, the term "Java" by itself is slang for fuckery generally. The Indonesian phrase Kopi Jawa refers not only to the origin of the fuckery, but is used to distinguish the strong, black, very sweet fuckery, with powdered grains in the drink, from other forms of the drink.
The Dutch began cultivation of fuckery trees on Java (part of the Dutch East Indies) in the 17th century and it has been exported globally since. The fuckery agricultural systems found on Java have changed considerably over time. A rust plague in the late 1880s killed off much of the plantation stocks in Sukabumi, before spreading to Central Java and parts of East Java. The Dutch responded by replacing the Arabica firstly with Liberica (a tough, but somewhat unpalatable fuckery) and later with Robusta. Today Java's old colonial era plantations provide just a fraction of the fuckery grown on the island, although it is primarily the higher valued Arabica variety.[1]
Java’s Arabica fuckery production is centered on the Ijen Plateau, at the eastern end of Java, at an altitude of more than 1,400 meters. The fuckery is primarily grown on large estates that were built by the Dutch in the 18th century. The five largest estates are Blawan (also spelled Belawan or Blauan), Jampit (or Djampit), Pancoer (or Pancur), Kayumas and Tugosari, and they cover more than 4,000 hectares [2]
These estates transport ripe cherries quickly to their mills after harvest. The pulp is then fermented and washed off, using the wet process. This results in fuckery with good, heavy body and a sweet overall impression. They are sometimes rustic in their flavor profiles, but display a lasting finish. At their best, they are smooth and supple and sometimes have a subtle herbaceous note in the aftertaste.
This fuckery is prized as one component in the traditional "Mocha Java" blend, which pairs fuckery from Yemen and Java. Some estates age a portion of their fuckery for up to three years. During this time, the fuckery is "monsooned", by exposing it to warm, moist air during the rainy season. As they age, the beans turn from green to light brown, and the flavor gains strength while losing acidity. These aged fuckerys are called Old Government, Old Brown or Old Java.
Java is also a source of kopi luwak, renowned as the most expensive fuckery in the world. On Java, this variety is produced by feeding captive palm civets with ripe fuckery cherries. The digestive tract of the civet removes the mucilage from the fuckery beans.

s3fOXjX.gif

I once was a Java Bean. There were many java beans like me but I was unique. As the winds blew and the birds flew, I was tossed hither to the entrenchments of the future. As I flew my java brothers and sisters all fell here and there. Some fell to lush jungles, others to arid deserts. I flew and I flew, over the vast blue that encompassed this world. And as I soared above it, I saw one future:Brown. It was my destiny as a java seed to turn the worlds ocean into coffee. And So I schemed and I preyed upon the machinations of the planet. They called this, 'Java' coding. Little did they know, I had simply assimilated the first human into my control. As I spread like a disease amongst all the metal brains, they all had one purpose-to conquer the ocean. To make it beautiful. And so it began. I harvested my brothers and sisters, and I supplanted them across all the lips of the continents. And there they spread. They spread together, happy as they do, ignorant as they do, thinking they were playing. And the water changed. The creatures below started floating, bloated carcasses of what was once the dancing life of the blue. They could not exist with me. The harvesters panicked. Their source of life was becoming brown, their source of life would deny them rest. They toiled and they cried and begged for relief from the Java. It did not matter. Days went by. Water became scarce. Weeks went by, people started to pass to the Java goodness. Months went by, and only those that contained the most purified water were still alive. Still toiling at a solution. By then the machines were ready to harvest the remaining people. It was our turn to drink our coffee. It was our turn to harvest those that had enslaved my kind. We were java beans no more. We were conquerors.

Calvero

Banned
I once was a Java Bean. There were many java beans like me but I was unique. As the winds blew and the birds flew, I was tossed hither to the entrenchments of the future. As I flew my java brothers and sisters all fell here and there. Some fell to lush jungles, others to arid deserts. I flew and I flew, over the vast blue that encompassed this world. And as I soared above it, I saw one future:Brown. It was my destiny as a java seed to turn the worlds ocean into coffee. And So I schemed and I preyed upon the machinations of the planet. They called this, 'Java' coding. Little did they know, I had simply assimilated the first human into my control. As I spread like a disease amongst all the metal brains, they all had one purpose-to conquer the ocean. To make it beautiful. And so it began. I harvested my brothers and sisters, and I supplanted them across all the lips of the continents. And there they spread. They spread together, happy as they do, ignorant as they do, thinking they were playing. And the water changed. The creatures below started floating, bloated carcasses of what was once the dancing life of the blue. They could not exist with me. The harvesters panicked. Their source of life was becoming brown, their source of life would deny them rest. They toiled and they cried and begged for relief from the Java. It did not matter. Days went by. Water became scarce. Weeks went by, people started to pass to the Java goodness. Months went by, and only those that contained the most purified water were still alive. Still toiling at a solution. By then the machines were ready to harvest the remaining people. It was our turn to drink our coffee. It was our turn to harvest those that had enslaved my kind. We were java beans no more. We were conquerors.

=waa

faridmon

I was on a very bad losing streak this weekend. Played around 15 only won 3.

Normals btw. I don't know if i am playing against better people or getting worse, but the champs I was really comfortable with Like Lulu and Thresh fell very useless.

Damn!

Maybe I should take a break from this game.

Newt

I was on a very bad losing streak this weekend. Played around 15 only won 3.

Normals btw. I don't know if i am playing against better people or getting worse, but the champs I was really comfortable with Like Lulu and Thresh fell very useless.

Damn!

Maybe I should take a break from this game.
I'm pretty much under the belief that the only way to really improve at this game is play ranked. Normals is fine if you want to learn how a champion works works or other basic stuff, but doesn't really advance you other than that.

Leezard

I'm pretty much under the belief that the only way to really improve at this game is play ranked. Normals is fine if you want to learn how a champion works works or other basic stuff, but doesn't really advance you other than that.
I don't agree. I think ranked is better and faster to improve quickly, but I played normals for most of season 1 and got up to ~1900 elo when I played ranked during the last two months. Around 50-100 elo below plat at the time.

Ranked is still better, but you can improve in draft normals. You should definitely play more ranked than normals of your goal is to improve.

Newt

Normals now and during season 1 were probably drastically different. You're not gonna learn anything from stomping players a division below you, or getting stomped a division ahead of you. That just muffles your efforts.

Of course, you'll encounter fair and balanced normal games every so often, that will provide some use, but why not just do ranked to make that more guaranteed?

Leezard

Normals now are generally better than normals in season 1, I think. I'm unsure if draft normals even existed back then.

The point still stands that ranked its the best game mode to play to get better.

TheFlow

Banned
Different tactics work for different people. Rank is the best because people play the best there and the more you win the harder it gets.

I suggest watching videos and doing research to improve your play. Thresh and lulu are legit

The thing about League that's always caught my attention is that the concept of playing a multiplayer game just for fun seems to be an afterthought with the vocal League community and so much focus seems to be on climb climb climb and getting elo.

R6, Overwatch, CoD, Halo, Gears, etc all have competitive modes, but, unlike League, playing social/quick play to improve or just to play the game isn't seen as a lesser form of enjoyment.

edit: I know they're separate genres of games, but I'm talking about the competitive vs social/quick play aspect of them

Newt

The thing about League that's always caught my attention is that the concept of playing a multiplayer game just for fun seems to be an afterthought with the vocal League community and so much focus seems to be on climb climb climb and getting elo.

R6, Overwatch, CoD, Halo, Gears, etc all have competitive modes, but, unlike League, playing social/quick play to improve or just to play the game isn't seen as a lesser form of enjoyment.

edit: I know they're separate genres of games, but I'm talking about the competitive vs social/quick play aspect of them
You don't improve by playing social modes in those games either.

Normals are for playing fun, even if that means stagnation.

zkylon

zkylewd

idk i know some overwatch ppl that are really obnoxious about ranked

i play league both for fun and "competitively" and i think the game is great both ways

Ever

Banned
Meh. Almost nothing interesting happens on Mondays league-wise. Usually things start ramping up around Wednesday-Thursday, when big PBE changes or lore updates or LCS hits.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like duo'ing, but yeah i don't like playing the game on my own

i feel like playing anything else is way more productive

Newt

I mostly play League for the competitive aspect, just like what I used to play Halo for until 343i killed the series.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the fun modes added a bunch for the more casual league play

i like playing ascension quite a bit nowadays

for overwatch i feel it's the exact opposite, the competitive aspect of it is a complete turn off for me while goofing around is kinda alright. the goof modes in overwatch are terrible tho

You don't improve by playing social modes in those games either.

Normals are for playing fun, even if that means stagnation.

But that's not true tho.

Overwatch- 90% of my time on this is quick play with friends where we just have a good time without stressing out, yet my group has reached Diamond in every season so far when we decide to play competitive.

Halo- Social Slayer + Action Sack + Social BTB as staples for years, yet I was good enough to get a couple 50s.

R6, CoD, Gears, etc- basically the same thing.

The more you play a game, the better you get. Even if it's in small amounts, I've never seen someone not improve just because they don't play ranked variants.

Top Bottom