• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
no way it's like that

it'll be a shapeshifter of some sort, if they do multiple champions

i really hope it's not that, i feel like them hiding two champions in one silhuette was a clever idea and being robbed of the surprise is lame

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't even play the game

pls respect the wishes of ppl that do

it's not much effort for you breezy to spoilertag that shit

Nekofrog

Banned
x3SXo9j.png

the climb to masters on LAN starts here, with this first ranked game on LAN.

edit: new server, same behavior. delightful!

Just faced a Cho'Gath that had 9k health by the end of the game. 900 damage AoE on Titanic Hydra active. 1200+ true damage ult.

That is not okay.

haha

i would teach u how to talk back to them but i probably shouldn't

I'll do it

NEKO COME BEFORE ME

when they say 'o voy troll'

respond with 'vete a la verga'

when they say 'a que tener un buen juego amigos!'

When they say 'yo voy jugar Maokai'

There you go, spanish in a nutshell. You won't be steered wrong.

Leezard

We're getting a new patch this week, right?

We might get the new champ in 7.9 then, I guess.

The leak idea sounds cool, I wonder how balancing would be done if they each are supposed to be playable alone, but gain an additional ability if they are together. My guess is that they would become too strong alone and then balanced for duo play later.

More unique champs are good at least, it will be interesting to see.

MaxiLive

I played two games over the weekend vs the new improved "bots" it was interesting to see how most of my teammates didn't understand it was an April fools and decided to dive them at level 2 :p

Also our jungler confused by his buffs that were getting stolen by a "bot". I tried to explain in chat but they kept questioning it even with the other team showing of their champion level flairs.

Rito always has great April fools!

no way it's like that

it'll be a shapeshifter of some sort, if they do multiple champions

i really hope it's not that, i feel like them hiding two champions in one silhuette was a clever idea and being robbed of the surprise is lame
Yeah, I've avoided talking about the rumoured leak because of that.

Basically
I think we're getting two champions at the same time since it would make sense for them to take this long - both would need to be ready - and that the shadow in the teaser has different sets of wings

Leezard

The april fools bots if anything convinced me that all chat is pointless. I'll probably turn it off before I play other stuff.

TheFlow

Banned
You saw the type2 post already, and that's good.

Tilting and feeding as a squishy support can often mean you want to get vision in an important area but it's too risky so you just get picked off and die. That is a thing that can happen to me when I tilt at least. Best part is to just ward the least risky places and get someone to go with you to ward Nash/drake etc.

Are you having issues with jungle camp or is the laning phase itself fine?

laning phase is fine and my best. then things just go to shit once it ends.

last two games I tried taking yah advice.
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow

Leezard

laning phase is fine and my best. then things just go to shit once it ends.

last two games I tried taking yah advice.
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow
Cool.

If you're dying less in a good way, i.e. less getting caught and dying for nothing, more dying to kill some target or save an ally in a teamfight which can be much better than living. If you're dying less in a good way you should be winning more on average.

Your Nami has 59% winrate which is still great. Just keep at it and you will win. A couple of losses here and there doesn't matter unless you get tilted so much you need to play Aram/normals/other games completely to untilt.

TheFlow

Banned
Cool.

If you're dying less in a good way, i.e. less getting caught and dying for nothing, more dying to kill some target or save an ally in a teamfight which can be much better than living. If you're dying less in a good way you should be winning more on average.

Your Nami has 59% winrate which is still great. Just keep at it and you will win. A couple of losses here and there doesn't matter unless you get tilted so much you need to play Aram/normals/other games completely to untilt.
Ty! I am going to give that a try

Just faced a Cho'Gath that had 9k health by the end of the game. 900 damage AoE on Titanic Hydra active. 1200+ true damage ult.

That is not okay.

Your team had to fuck something up for it to get that far. After the first couple stacks Cho can only get his stacks from epic monsters and champs.

The april fools bots if anything convinced me that all chat is pointless. I'll probably turn it off before I play other stuff.

It taught me that my teammates don't look at the post game lobby. I had a nice 'chat' with the bots in the post game lobby lol. But at least one of my teammates didn't realize they weren't bots until we told him.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Your team had to fuck something up for it to get that far. After the first couple stacks Cho can only get his stacks from epic monsters and champs.

+9k HP is like 30 stacks full HP tank build territory. That's a long game in which the Choggy gets stupidly fed, has a full build and ults a lot of dragons/barons along the way.

At that point it's perfectly okay (and deserved) to lose (^:

Newt

How easy is it to learn lee and use him effectively in bronze/silver. Gonna start playing some flex/Aram for this week
I know this one really good Lee Sin and he usually carries in gold but he's terrible on some other champs and his Yasuo makes me want to uninstall.

Talents

Banned
How easy is it to learn lee and use him effectively in bronze/silver. Gonna start playing some flex/Aram for this week

Don't. Games in bronze/silver are gonna go long and the only thing Lee Sin is good for late game is kicking one of the enemy carries into your team so they can delete them.

I think you could get good on Lee, but the amount of time you would need to put in on Lee to start consistently carrying games would be a lot. I feel like the better choice would be to focus on a slightly less mechanical champ and try to learn how to read the map from jungle, path, etc. because if you learn that on one champ that transfers to most champs.

TheFlow

Banned
Ah gotcha fam. And yea I need to learn the jungle. It is my second choice behind support but I am more of a one trick pony with sej. Ruin king makes it harder to play her

If you like tanks you could try out Zac. He's vulnerable in his early clear but he team fights pretty well and ganks pretty well (elastic slingshot range is ridiculous). You're less of an ult-bot than when you play Sejuani and if you get ahead in a matchup he deals decent damage.

Gragas is also pretty good again. He's a good tank/initiator to play. Also flash body slam is fun.

TheFlow

Banned
If you like tanks you could try out Zac. He's vulnerable in his early clear but he team fights pretty well and ganks pretty well (elastic slingshot range is ridiculous). You're less of an ult-bot than when you play Sejuani and if you get ahead in a matchup he deals decent damage.

Gragas is also pretty good again. He's a good tank/initiator to play. Also flash body slam is fun.
Surprisingly I have never played Zach in my life. I should get on that

So with Zac you need to keep in mind that the resource your abilities use is % of current health, but picking up your blobs returns % of max health. So when you're clearing the jg, especially your first clear, use a couple of abilities first before you pick up your blobs. Once I've got at least level 3 I usually slingshot onto a camp, W, Q, then pick up my blobs to get health back. If you play jungle Zac you need to max E first because levels in E increase the range of elastic slingshot.

TheFlow

Banned
So with Zac you need to keep in mind that the resource your abilities use is % of current health, but picking up your blobs returns % of max health. So when you're clearing the jg, especially your first clear, use a couple of abilities first before you pick up your blobs. Once I've got at least level 3 I usually slingshot onto a camp, W, Q, then pick up my blobs to get health back. If you play jungle Zac you need to max E first because levels in E increase the range of elastic slingshot.
Woah didn't know that ty.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ah gotcha fam. And yea I need to learn the jungle. It is my second choice behind support but I am more of a one trick pony with sej. Ruin king makes it harder to play her
Sejuani is not really viable right now. The mastery changes are very punishing to tank junglers with low base damage because nothing helps them clear faster. Honestly you should just pick up Skarner and/or Warwick. They are very easy to use and can influence the game a lot while still being tanky. I think both will be strong for the foreseeable future. Until the tank update comes out though and we see what that brings you really should not pick something like Sejuani though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I've avoided talking about the rumoured leak because of that.

Basically
I think we're getting two champions at the same time since it would make sense for them to take this long - both would need to be ready - and that the shadow in the teaser has different sets of wings
i think that would be quite silly

but quite hype too

I played two games over the weekend vs the new improved "bots" it was interesting to see how most of my teammates didn't understand it was an April fools and decided to dive them at level 2 :p

Also our jungler confused by his buffs that were getting stolen by a "bot". I tried to explain in chat but they kept questioning it even with the other team showing of their champion level flairs.

Rito always has great April fools!

that's really funny lol

TheFlow

Banned
Sejuani is not really viable right now. The mastery changes are very punishing to tank junglers with low base damage because nothing helps them clear faster. Honestly you should just pick up Skarner and/or Warwick. They are very easy to use and can influence the game a lot while still being tanky. I think both will be strong for the foreseeable future. Until the tank update comes out though and we see what that brings you really should not pick something like Sejuani though.
Yea you are definitely right. Her damage/burst is just not there unless you go ap. I also wanna try galio jungle as well

JulianImp

When you go 13/4/4 as good old Teemo but your botlane goes 5/8/9 and 1/15/8, and you have Udyr on your team... Probably should've gone mercs instead of tabis, because after teamfights started happening I was getting the continuous cc tratment courtesy of Morg and Brand.

At least next game I won as a 3/0/14 Nami. Besides their 12/8/3 Garen, Ez ended up 4/8/4, Yi was 4/9/4, and Kat went 6/13/3, so there was no real way for them to win. It was really funny that our Fizz got pretty fed early, but later on he kept wandering alone without vision and getting collapsed upon, so he ended up 16/12/5 (like, one time he dove a tower, died and then said "whoops, forgot I didn't buy zhonyas yet").

Guess my current performance is okay-ish, so here's to hoping I make it to B2 in the next couple of days. One thing I've noticed is I tilt less now, which really helps me keep my plays concistent in moments of stress, such as teamfights. Like, I'm finally able to analyze part of the hodgepodge of particles and effects that happen in teamfights and act accordingly, rather than frantically mashing abilities in the enemy's general direction and hoping they'll land.

faridmon

Sejuani and Amimu are good Junglers that are easy to play, learn Jungle with and have the ability to help every lane easily while being tanky.

and Maokai

Top Bottom