• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

Vayne's roll is strong against Boomerang Blade
Easy to anticipate roll, therefore not missing my Q.
her stun is hard to shield against, and she'll win in trades.
No it isn't, there is a very loud sound effect and a distinct animation with noticable delay before she launches the stun.

Also, Sivir wins in lane trades. Q + W = Superior harass.
Vayne even gets a speed boost of her own
So does Sivir.
Then mid/late game Vayne will crush Sivir.
Maybe lategame, but definitely not mid-game. Sivirs ult brings so much utility to the team, and is a decent steroid on its own. Not to mention the damage your W brings in when mixed in.

KevinRo

omg I feel like I just stole candy from a baby.

The opposite team had pushed us everywhere in all lanes. My team was losing by 10 kills and had all our tier 1/2 turrets gone to their none. I was playing like shit and my lane partner fed our lane. Basically every lane was lost. It was depressing. Everyone was negative and our jungler apologized as if the game was over.

All the while that was happening, I felt like we could still win the game. I was trying to direct everyone on my team to do certain objectives. I kept on warding baron and noticed that the other team never went to go get it. I directed the nooblets on my team to get baron while I their AD was bot. We ended up getting it uncontested and the entire game changed from there on. Ended up winning the next 3 teamfights and pushed mid to take their nexus.

THIS GAME.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Patch notes and champ spotlight are out. I don't like the changes to Janna =\
They seem like fairly inoffensive nerfs to Janna to me. The Kayle heal changes seem like a joke. I'm not really sure what to think of Hecarim. He reminds me a lot of Skarner with more movement and less slow.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
My beautiful Doran's ring! WHY WHY YOU nerf my ring.

What the hell I suppose to build now that I can't stack 5 of them? Rod of Ages? Straight to warmog for Ahri?!?!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Are the Doran's nerfs really that big of a deal that people just won't take them 1st anymore? I still see people taking them as 1st buy items anyways.

I wonder how big the ATMOGS nerf will end up being.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, what was up with ranked tonight. I got in late, wanted to play a ranked game, and had to sit through like six lobby dodges (one of which may have been someone raging because I was trying to go katarina top). When I finally got into a game some 20+ minutes later, it was kat mid versus fizz. I think I like that matchup -- I went 16/0/6 until they surrendered when we were pushing their nexus turrets. Bot lane fed and went down early on our side, but their team had people afk/disconnecting part of the time so it wasn't fair.

I'm still digging all smartcast katarina! I actually remembered to use gunblade a few times this game too. I need to put it on smartcast, and bind like 'a' to place a ward so I can do the ward->shunpo thing really quickly, and then I'll presumably be all set to mash buttons and act pro.

DTKT

Man, what was up with ranked tonight. I got in late, wanted to play a ranked game, and had to sit through like six lobby dodges (one of which may have been someone raging because I was trying to go katarina top). When I finally got into a game some 20+ minutes later, it was kat mid versus fizz. I think I like that matchup -- I went 16/0/6 until they surrendered when we were pushing their nexus turrets. Bot lane fed and went down early on our side, but their team had people afk/disconnecting part of the time so it wasn't fair.

I'm still digging all smartcast katarina! I actually remembered to use gunblade a few times this game too. I need to put it on smartcast, and bind like 'a' to place a ward so I can do the ward->shunpo thing really quickly, and then I'll presumably be all set to mash buttons and act pro.

A true Scarra in the making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PY5RMxY8Z8

Blizzard

Banned
Haha at the chat line like "I think we just got omnislashed".

But no, it was low elo and I think the only hard CC on the other team was Fizz's ult and Ashe's ult, and I don't think either ever really caused problems. You have to be really lucky to get a team with that few CC's. Normally there are like 6 stun/silence/knockups and I need to play Ziggs or something instead.

Vanillalite

MiG Frost did Dragon at 2:30 with the help of top lane. Jesus christ ballsy plays

I wonder is that even worth it if you basically have to get your whole team out of lane early? Seems like top lane would be getting hella out farmed coming down to help.

Boken

Banned
I think he was behind by 8 or so cs, which is around the worth of dragon to one so top doesn't seem to lose that much, especially if you're fast.

Vanillalite

I think he was behind by 8 or so cs, which is around the worth of dragon to one so top doesn't seem to lose that much, especially if you're fast.

Seems hard for anyone to be fast only 2-3 mins or so in. LOL

Ballsy move I'd agree. Hats off to them for pulling it off!

Feature

Banned
apparently if najin wins the second game, the third game will be a full blind pick game. Hope that happens. Would be a first timer I think.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes, Sejuani is kind of terrible (she has nice slows, but Nautilus has stun/knockup/pull).

Just get Nautilus.

If you want a champion nobody plays that is decent, get Viktor. I think he's secretly OP.
Downside of Viktor is you may have 3-4 games where you are WTFuseless until you figure out how to properly aim the deathray or whatever. That's how I felt trying Lee Sin and Orianna for the first time too.

I want to hear how the tourney blind pick game goes. Sounds silly. :D

I forgot to mention, isn't it really satisfying,when people keep dodging, and you end up matched against someone from your previous lobby who was talking about how badly you would do, only to end up crushing their team?

garath

Yes, Sejuani is kind of terrible (she has nice slows, but Nautilus has stun/knockup/pull).

Downside of Viktor is you may have 3-4 games where you are WTFuseless until you figure out how to properly aim the deathray or whatever. That's how I felt trying Lee Sin and Orianna for the first time too.

I want to hear how the tourney blind pick game goes. Sounds silly. :D

I forgot to mention, isn't it really satisfying,when people keep dodging, and you end up matched against someone from your previous lobby who was talking about how badly you would do, only to end up crushing their team?

It's pretty funny.

You have Olaf vs Olaf top, Ryze vs Ryze mid and Urgot vs Urgot bot.

Blizzard

Banned
ugh

Fuck this game sometimes. We have a nid and a teemo... and they send me, Fiora, bot. Against Malphite.

We were crushed. Fucking randoms.
You gotta decide that in lobby, yo

Also play with GAF players, they're pro, yo

Also also, does anyone have any Hecarim impressions? One of my friends said they've already ranged from "Hecarim is meh" to "omg hecarim is op plz nerf" kind of comments.

Ken

Also also, does anyone have any Hecarim impressions? One of my friends said they've already ranged from "Hecarim is meh" to "omg hecarim is op plz nerf" kind of comments.

Only tried jungling with him in one quick match. Seemed okay. His E seems nice to gank with but his ult is a little underwhelming. Still not sure what to build with him.

I am weak.

Solune

So what does everyone think of Sejuani? Thinking about buying her because no one uses her, lol.

Or maybe get nautilus instead?

I use her because I bought her and I'm gonna put that IP to use damnit. But yes she's bad, scales shitty, has no innate tank passive/abilities. She's ok as a ganker since her slows are gadlyke and her ult has a huge radius but it's not worth the investment.

Ferrio

Banned
I use her because I bought her and I'm gonna put that IP to use damnit. But yes she's bad, scales shitty, has no innate tank passive/abilities. She's ok as a ganker since her slows are gadlyke and her ult has a huge radius but it's not worth the investment.

Her ult got that much needed CD reduction this patch, something I've been harping on that she needed. Pity they didn't reduce her E too.

Is Vayne really that bad? I got her yesterday on sale and am really enjoying her, but I only play against AI. I'm kind of enjoying playing a ranged champ a lot--who are the other suggestions?

Ken

Is Vayne really that bad? I got her yesterday on sale and am really enjoying her, but I only play against AI. I'm kind of enjoying playing a ranged champ a lot--who are the other suggestions?

Caitlyn is nice for people learning ranged AD carries, IMO. Her range lets you harass every AD champ safely aside from a Kog'Maw with level 2 W, I think. Aside from her, Graves is fun too in my experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom