• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
From some dude on the internet:
Supremacy kinda does sound like a king of the hill mode...
Maybe it's a dedicated ARAB mode? The team fights to hold the hill. One lane only.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So it'll be dominion without the lane bullshit.

I'm interested.

Inskipp

New League of Legends Supremacy game mode is likely on its way

Riot have apparently registered a lot of 'supremacy' websites recently. Could be the hinted PvE mode?
I think it should be mentioned that Riot has not stated anything regarding Supremacy currently, only real fact we have present (and indeed in that article you linked) is the fact that they have reserved domain names for it. There is no mention of what it is yet. Some folks are suggesting that it could be some sort of big tournament as well.

I could be wrong of course, but whatever the case, I think people should avoid jumping to conclusions until Riot announces any info about it.

Inskipp

That is true, but it super simplified.

Forget lane control, just PUSH PUSH PUSH.
Pushing can be good, but controlling the creep waves so that you can stack your sides creep count into a big pile can be really beneficial for the pushing effort.

Also, I've noticed that controlling the heal buff in the middle of the lane can turn into a very heated conflict, especially right from the start. I've seen many people waste flash just to get it at the moment it spawns.

Pushing can be good, but controlling the creep waves so that you can stack your sides creep count into a big pile can be really beneficial for the pushing effort.

Also, I've noticed that controlling the heal buff in the middle of the lane can turn into a very heated conflict, especially right from the start. I've seen many people waste flash just to get it at the moment it spawns.

Definitely grants an advantage, but most people waste it. As Yorick, I can usually take that time to build up my creep wave and I nuke 'em from a distance, negating the advantage that heal pack gave. People expose themselves stupidly for that buff.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Had the best game in a while for me last night.

I went 0/2/23 as Sona and we basically dominated even when they were winning mid early game. We had good map control, decent warding, dragon control, a nice baron grab, and a really good base push. They tried to quit, but 2 of them just refused.

Haly

Dominion has lane bullshit?
There's always some unlucky SOB who has to play the PvE game bot.

It's a mode designed to emphasize champion interaction and reduce passive lanefarming, yet the predominant strategy is to assign someone to, surprise, passive lane farming.

Easily the biggest failing of Dominion.

Ferga

Tip when laning against soraka:

When your jungler ganks and the enemy soraka heals the ad carry, Stop attacking the ad carry and kill soraka. The armour buff is way too much for you to trade with the ad carry. You have a better chance of killing the soraka.

Boken

Banned
I knew a dedicated ARAB map would be a hit with the masses!

/promoted to lead designer

Time to make a champion whose ult is to take off her clothes and stun everybody around!

Haly

Stripetease skins that lose bits and pieces of their armor as they take damage*.

Getting away with 10 health never felt so good.

Not available for Yordles and animals.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Stripetease skins that lose bits and pieces of their armor as they take damage*.

Just shut up and take it.

I5t1T.jpg

Ferrio

Banned

Just have it like soul calibur. Parts of your armor flying off when you're hit with big spells.

There's always some unlucky SOB who has to play the PvE game bot.

It's a mode designed to emphasize champion interaction and reduce passive lanefarming, yet the predominant strategy is to assign someone to, surprise, passive lane farming.

Easily the biggest failing of Dominion.

?

I do bot. It's a pretty strong 1v1 lane... Passive farming? It always feels hyper-aggressive.

Haly

Depends on who you're up against, but I feel that more often than not it's the defensive pushing/ricing guys that do best in bot.

Like Heimer and Yorick.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Had a pretty amazing game with Viktor. He can just chunk people so hard. Completely crushes Veigar too with his range and shield.

Ferrio

Banned
I'd love an official arab mode. It's a good stress reliever after a regular summoner's rift game. Just can build stupid and have fun. Hard to get mad at them since... fuck it's random whatcha going to do?

Ken

Who can counter Vayne? Probably Caitlyn with her attack range, right? Been losing games because bottom feeds Vayne too much (while I was top Pantheon).

Ferrio

Banned
Who can counter Vayne? Probably Caitlyn with her attack range, right? Been losing games because bottom feeds Vayne too much (while I was top Pantheon).

Don't feed her. Feed any carry they're going to dominate. Vayne is at her weakest early game, every other AD crushes her. If they're losing to her early game then they're just getting outplayed.

edit: Mundo support? How is that even suppose to work?

Ken

Yeah it was a solo queue game so my team was all randoms. I should have left top to help bot after Vayne went 2/0 on Mundo/Sivir.

Yeah Vayne gets stomped by any AD carry that has a good early game. So Cait is a really good counter. Pretty much everyone tears Vayne apart, just make sure she can't farm properly. If game goes long enough though, she'll still be a terror

garath

I freakin love this game. I wish it was 10 years ago when I was single and had no responsibilities outside of work. I'd be playing 5-6 hours a day instead of 10 hours a week. Playing as little as I do, I level very slowly and while I know I've been getting better, I have to shake off the rust every time I sit down to play. I rarely get to play more than 2-3 games back to back. It's very saddening.

But, besides all that, I enjoy the game immensely and I'll probably continue to have great fun and success in normals. I may never get a chance to try ranked because of the playtime issue though.

Boken

Banned
I like you garath. Dunno why, but I just do.

If you're not new to mobas, you could buy some EXP boosts and shoot yourself to max level. I think many people need the leveling though, I certainly did and I had played DotA before. Eventually you'll reach a point where you don't feel rusty every time you play. Give it time, leveling just means you can finally work on building your rune book. Draft mode is pretty much like ranked play as well.

I rarely play more than 2-3 ranked games back to back anyway. Too intense!

killamockingbrd

Neo Member
I freakin love this game. I wish it was 10 years ago when I was single and had no responsibilities outside of work. I'd be playing 5-6 hours a day instead of 10 hours a week. Playing as little as I do, I level very slowly and while I know I've been getting better, I have to shake off the rust every time I sit down to play. I rarely get to play more than 2-3 games back to back. It's very saddening.

But, besides all that, I enjoy the game immensely and I'll probably continue to have great fun and success in normals. I may never get a chance to try ranked because of the playtime issue though.

That's kind of a blessing though. This way you always have the urge to come back instead of getting burned out the game and not wanting to play. I know it's a different genre but that's what happened to me with Battlefield 3--I played it so much for about a month after release I never have had the urge to touch it again.

garath

I like you garath. Dunno why, but I just do.

If you're not new to mobas, you could buy some EXP boosts and shoot yourself to max level. I think many people need the leveling though, I certainly did and I had played DotA before. Eventually you'll reach a point where you don't feel rusty every time you play.

I rarely play more than 2-3 ranked games back to back anyway. Too intense!

Lol. Thanks :)

I actually agree with you on needing the leveling. Every time I look at that boosts page and think it's a good idea, I derp in a game hard and shudder to think how hard a better player would exploit my mistakes. Plus I continue to build IP as I level and keep grabbing those runes. I imagine if I'm still playing as much as I am now when I hit 30 I'll probably just cave and buy the 7 rune page bundle. Level 22 now so another couple months haha.

This is my first MOBA though I was a pretty hardcore competitive FPS player for many years so I feel like I pick stuff up. Not to mention I watch lots of pro streams. It really does help. Ones like scarra, Ocelote or OddOne that kind of stream of consciousness while they play gives some good insight into how they react in certain situations.

That's kind of a blessing though. This way you always have the urge to come back instead of getting burned out the game and not wanting to play. I know it's a different genre but that's what happened to me with Battlefield 3--I played it so much for about a month after release I never have had the urge to touch it again.

True. That is the nice part of it. Though I rarely stick with a game period unless it's mp competitive. I just can't get enough of shooting people in the face.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sivir counters Vayne.
Vayne's roll is strong against Boomerang Blade, her stun is hard to shield against, and she'll win in trades. Vayne even gets a speed boost of her own to help her chase Sivir. Then mid/late game Vayne will crush Sivir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom