• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

System Requirements for: PC Minimum | PC Recommended
2 GHz Processor
1 GB RAM
750 MB available hard drive space
DirectX® 9.0 capable video card
Keyboard and Mouse

Ferrio

Banned
Is Vayne really that bad? I got her yesterday on sale and am really enjoying her, but I only play against AI. I'm kind of enjoying playing a ranged champ a lot--who are the other suggestions?

Bad? No, but a lackluster early game in which she can get shut down. She absolutely can destroy entire teams late game but requires good positioning and such. She got nerfed pretty good a few months back that really set her back from her former self (and much much more than her original self).

Bad? No, but a lackluster early game in which she can get shut down. She absolutely can destroy entire teams late game but requires good positioning and such. She got nerfed pretty good a few months back that really set her back from her former self (and much much more than her original self).

Cool, I'll keep up with her then.

Basically I've been trying to go Vayne mid, but if someone else wants that, I've been running WW jungle.

Jungling is pretty fun so far.

Ferrio

Banned
Cool, I'll keep up with her then.

Basically I've been trying to go Vayne mid, but if someone else wants that, I've been running WW jungle.

Jungling is pretty fun so far.

Don't vayne mid. Least don't go vayne mid VS an AP champ, you'll get destroyed. Some ranged ADs are good counters to AP, vayne isn't one of them. Also there's a lack of surfaces to take advantage of her E. She really needs a support since she's so weak early game.

Boken

Banned
Is Vayne really that bad? I got her yesterday on sale and am really enjoying her, but I only play against AI. I'm kind of enjoying playing a ranged champ a lot--who are the other suggestions?
Vayne isn't "bad" she's one of the strongest late game champions in the game. She suffers from a weak laning phase though, and human players might abuse that fact.
You seem... jealous.
I don't see any system reqs in the OP. What's the absolute lowest spec I could get this running @ 60fps?

This game has very very low baseline... I think most comps should be good.

Don't vayne mid. Least don't go vayne mid VS an AP champ, you'll get destroyed. Some ranged ADs are good counters to AP, vayne isn't one of them. Also there's a lack of surfaces to take advantage of her E. She really needs a support since she's so weak early game.

Cool, that makes sense. I'm so super casual that it probably doesn't impact me. I'm just enjoying learning characters and playing AI.

Achtius

argh.. I hate signed. was doing great at bot as urgot. then he came down and rape me repeatedly and took over bot for gp >_>

Blizzard

Banned
I went katarina mid and this guy picked kennen and we already had top, and we're like, support kennen? And someone's like naw, dawg, you should go AD kennen, that's what the pros do.

I thought it was a crazy suggestion, and it may have been the guy's first time trying it, but it worked shockingly well for him (with soraka bot lane).

I went katarina mid and this guy picked kennen and we already had top, and we're like, support kennen? And someone's like naw, dawg, you should go AD kennen, that's what the pros do.

I thought it was a crazy suggestion, and it may have been the guy's first time trying it, but it worked shockingly well for him (with soraka bot lane).
It works out okay because of his W.

I don't know what I'm talking about but playing AD Kennen feels like the rest of his skills are there just to apply stacks of his passive, yet it has diminishing returns. That's fine with AP because then his skills also do a lot of damage—I think his ratios are similar to Kog'Maw... except Kog'Maw has built-in AS, then of course his W, and then his ult scales off AD. Again I don't know what I'm talking about, that's just how I felt trying it.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, I don't plan to buy hecarim in the near future, but I want to know what would happen with the master yi dunk build. So much bonus movespeed would make him ultimatepowerful, right?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It works out okay because of his W.

I don't know what I'm talking about but playing AD Kennen feels like the rest of his skills are there just to apply stacks of his passive, yet it has diminishing returns. That's fine with AP because then his skills also do a lot of damage—I think his ratios are similar to Kog'Maw... except Kog'Maw has built-in AS, then of course his W, and then his ult scales off AD. Again I don't know what I'm talking about, that's just how I felt trying it.

Kennen is one of the few AP champ that have the same attack speed scaling as AD champ, and he has okay melee range. He's skill isn't that bad for ad if you treat them as escape, positioning, and just a bit of extra damage since he can still auto attack while ulting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Also, I don't plan to buy hecarim in the near future, but I want to know what would happen with the master yi dunk build. So much bonus movespeed would make him ultimatepowerful, right?
His passive is bad. You will get nothing.

You'd have to have 200 bonus movement speed (520) to get 50 AD out of it, at level 18.

Kennen is one of the few AP champ that have the same attack speed scaling as AD champ, and he has okay melee range. He's skill isn't that bad for ad if you treat them as escape, positioning, and just a bit of extra damage since he can still auto attack while ulting.
Right. I mean... "not that bad" is kind of what I was talking about. Not bad, but also not conducive to AD carries.

AD Kennen is no joke.

IMO, the best AP characters to play AD are Kennen, Zilean, Twisted Fate, and Orianna. Nidalee can work and obviously so can Fizz.

Zilean in particular is a guy I was really surprised at the effectiveness of. His range is really good and he scales decently.

I've heard Lux, Brand, and Leblanc are decent AD carrys but I have no experience with them.

You'd have to have 200 bonus movement speed (520) to get 50 AD out of it, at level 18.

Well, a complete dunk build normally gets you to a bit over 600MS once move really fast boots start working. That's about 75AD from the bonus, so it's kinda like having Yi E turned on all the time.

Darn I wanna try dunking with Hecarim.

methane47

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I dont understand.
WHAT MORE COULD I HAVE DONE to win this game???!?!?!
Sigh... ALL it takes is ONE garbage lane/excessive feeder to ruin EVERYTHING

How the hell do you explain this??
t3HNAl.png

Boken

Banned
SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I dont understand.
WHAT MORE COULD I HAVE DONE to win this game???!?!?!
Sigh... ALL it takes is ONE garbage lane/excessive feeder to ruin EVERYTHING

How the hell do you explain this??
t3HNAl.png

You guys were ahead 100% of the time. You guys need to learn to press your advantages. One garbage lane doesnt ruin 2 owning lanes I'm afraid. Though that singed build is kinda funny. Rofl. Maybe he was trolling

methane47

You guys were ahead 100% of the time. You guys need to learn to press your advantages. One garbage lane doesnt ruin 2 owning lanes I'm afraid. Though that singed build is kinda funny. Rofl. Maybe he was trolling

It was ridiculous... I was soloing my top lane with shacco coming in from mid to gank every once in a while..... NExt thing i know... WTF 2 heroes destroy ashe and singed over and over and over..... destroy two turrets...

I then high tail it down to bot.... harass or kill the 2 guys... then look up.. wtf Mid lost a tower... me and shacco come and start sharing up some slaps in mid... WTF ashe and singed are on top of a tower attacking it next to an enemy hero..

its like shacco me and annie were just trying to bandage the problem everytime it arose... but whenever i wanted to push a lane... another lane would fail.

inky

At that point I guess it would've been best if you kept pushing yourselves instead of going back and trying to salvage the other lanes. You had a clear advantage on gold (so items) and with good map awareness maybe you could've pushed faster than the enemy team without getting caught or at least force them back to deal with you.

Wrekt

AD Kennen is no joke.

IMO, the best AP characters to play AD are Kennen, Zilean, Twisted Fate, and Orianna. Nidalee can work and obviously so can Fizz.

Zilean in particular is a guy I was really surprised at the effectiveness of. His range is really good and he scales decently.

I've heard Lux, Brand, and Leblanc are decent AD carrys but I have no experience with them.

Malzahar is actually a decent AD carry, as his voidlings scale 1:1 with his AD. You just need to have enough mana to constantly churn them out.

garath

As much as I love this game, there are nights I wonder why I stick with it.

4 games in a row of absolute lunatics on my team. One where I asked for mid (politely, I never demand and I switch when someone else is deadset) with Kassadin but had someone who wanted to try AP soraka for the first time. That one didn't go well. Another time I asked for mid again (It's really my best role) and had another person insta lock Annie like 20 seconds after I picked my champ and say "NO HUE HUEHUE, I MID". Of course the people that do that are rarely good at the role. I always switch when people do that and sometimes it pays off, but not often. I desperately need a better early game AD carry. Vayne is way too late game for blind pick pubs and for some reason I'm just not that good at Sivir. Hope Ezreal, Graves or Miss fortune go on sale this week.

That was the way the entire night went. On top of the shitty teams, every single match went over an hour. I mean, come on. At least let me get into another game. I know it's just a drop in the LoL bucket but jeez.

My only redeeming moment was the final game before I went to bed where I insisted on mid, I took Kassadin intending to carry as hard as I could. I went 12/0/10 with 176 CS after 20 min (pretty good for me wandering so much). More than that, my team was generally following my lead and I took us to 3 dragons and a baron. Felt good. Sad to get first win of the day after 5 matches though :(

Kassadin is just such a nasty champion. The poor Cassio in mid just didn't stand a chance. From the moment I hit 6, I zoned her every time she got close to the lane. Their Udyr jungler tried to help but the fact the he lacks a gap closer meant he couldn't touch me. They had a very poor team against a Kassadin. Yay Blind pick in my favor! haha.

Blizzard

Banned
An odd thing (which shouldn't be odd to me) is when people not only are apparently trying something for the first time, but want to try it in ranked. "Oh I'll buy XYZ new champion with this unorthodox build in the jungle without bothering to even try a normal game to make sure the timing works and I can hit the skills."

It can work sometimes, but yikes. Another bad thing in ranked is the people who are like, I can only play one role, or two max. Why do you even want to play ranked if you can only play one thing?

garath

An odd thing (which shouldn't be odd to me) is when people not only are apparently trying something for the first time, but want to try it in ranked. "Oh I'll buy XYZ new champion with this unorthodox build in the jungle without bothering to even try a normal game to make sure the timing works and I can hit the skills."

It can work sometimes, but yikes. Another bad thing in ranked is the people who are like, I can only play one role, or two max. Why do you even want to play ranked if you can only play one thing?

Exactly why I don't mind switching roles if I have to. Mid is my best, I have the most champions for that role and I've played it the most but I can jungle, top, support and AD no problem. I have champions for it and have played each of them quite a bit.

Sure I'm only doing normals but that's the best place to get that practice. Obviously I'd rather play my best role most of the time because I feel like I have the best chance of contributing to a win but good team comp helps quite a bit and I'll do what I can for it.

If you can only play 1 or 2 roles, don't rank. Seriously.

Blizzard

Banned
176 cs in 20 minutes on Kass while roaming?

Jesus christ you're better than me, Garath!
You say that like being better than you is impressive! *trollface.gif*

I think I'm slowly learning to farm minions with Katarina once I get lots of blades though I still may not be good at it. Laning against a talon mid I think I kept within 10-20 minion kills of him up through the 170-ish range, and I think I was outkilling him while he mostly just had assists. I still haven't been brave enough to try mid katarina with mobility boots for side lane ganks. I just gank with normal level 2 shoes.

Malzahar is actually a decent AD carry, as his voidlings scale 1:1 with his AD. You just need to have enough mana to constantly churn them out.

Forgot to mention him. I've actually played AD Malz a few times, he has a surprisingly high hp/armor base stat and damage as well. When you add voidlings into the mix, it's like having a 3v1 lane down bot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You say that like being better than you is impressive! *trollface.gif*

I think I'm slowly learning to farm minions with Katarina once I get lots of blades though I still may not be good at it. Laning against a talon mid I think I kept within 10-20 minion kills of him up through the 170-ish range, and I think I was outkilling him while he mostly just had assists. I still haven't been brave enough to try mid katarina with mobility boots for side lane ganks. I just gank with normal level 2 shoes.
She's not a good ganker. Why would anyone run mobility boots on her? She's a team fight character. Build her to do that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They will have to go further than that.

HATS.

HATS FOR EVERYONE.

(Half of LoL wears hats anyway)

Blizzard

Banned
She's not a good ganker. Why would anyone run mobility boots on her? She's a team fight character. Build her to do that.
I haven't yet, and I probably won't. I sometimes gank because if the other mid laner is successfully ganking and I'm not, they may get an advantage. In contrast, if I'm doing well mid lane and I have a chance to grab a side lane kill or two, that's a way for me to influence the game in my favor, and that can be really needed in solo queue games at like -9000 elo.

It's also why I kind of like playing Ziggs mid lane, since I can in theory ult the side lanes without having to go very far.

If the side lane is pushed back, Katarina doesn't have to be a good ganker as long as she can get close enough to shunpo and ult while the lane person stuns.

garath

176 cs in 20 minutes on Kass while roaming?

Jesus christ you're better than me, Garath!

Lol, I doubt that. It was a rare game where it seemed like everything was going right. Usually when I start roaming, I neglect the CS and I lose my advantage.

CS'ing is the skill that I work on the most. Watching the pros play the one thing I see is they know when to engage and when to keep farming. And they are ALWAYS looking for more farm - grab neutrals when wandering, push your creep wave then farm another lane while teammate is at base, etc.

It's remarkable to see so much teamfighting but still every single carry has 200+ CS on the high elo games. I watch them do it and say "I can do that!" but it's so much harder than it looks.

BTW, my summoner name is garathk if anyone wants to shoot me a friend invite and play some. I hop in the NeoGAF channel but I forget to check it more often than not.

I haven't yet, and I probably won't. I sometimes gank because if the other mid laner is successfully ganking and I'm not, they may get an advantage. In contrast, if I'm doing well mid lane and I have a chance to grab a side lane kill or two, that's a way for me to influence the game in my favor, and that can be really needed in solo queue games at like -9000 elo.

It's also why I kind of like playing Ziggs mid lane, since I can in theory ult the side lanes without having to go very far.

If the side lane is pushed back, Katarina doesn't have to be a good ganker as long as she can get close enough to shunpo and ult while the lane person stuns.

Take my lowly normal game experience with a grain of salt but when I see my mid opponent go gank another lane, I push the creep wave hard and follow. Typically the other mid gets a jump on the lane but then if I'm following I can help the lane escape or counter-gank. Katarina can definitely go for some counter-ganks if the opponent mid is ganking. I wouldn't go mobility boots though. Even if you don't go to counter-gank, push the wave so they lose as many creeps as possible.

Blizzard

Banned
I wouldn't go mobility boots though. Even if you don't go to counter-gank, push the wave so they lose as many creeps as possible.
Yep, for some bizarre reason a gragas mid went bot in a GAF game and pushed down the two turrets there, 3 or 4 champions bot lane crushing our team, so I killed the two turrets mid. All of our lanes were losing and I'd fed like 2 or 3 deaths myself, and yet we won due to getting the mid turrets, other turrets, and late game ult combos (amumu + kat + I think sona + whatever).

Goddamn now there's 31 champs I don't own. I seriously hope they slow down a bit when they hit DotA 2s hero count.
They've slowed down to one every 3 weeks I thought...or am I crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom