• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

What's up with all the Anivias recently? Had one Anivia who told me it was their first game with her (in a solo queue normal) and constantly put up bad walls. Told them to try her out in a bot game first and was told to shut up. They went negative.

Q8D3vil

What's up with all the Anivias recently? Had one Anivia who told me it was their first game with her (in a solo queue normal) and constantly put up bad walls. Told them to try her out in a bot game first and was told to shut up. They went negative.
if only you can play with gaffers and friend any time you want :/
fuck this community bullshit

Avinexus

I blame Scarra. I've seen a ton a Kat's recently too, Scarra plays both quite a bit on stream. I had a string yesterday of 4 games in a row with a Kat feeding on my team, at least Anivia is a good champ.

Blizzard

Banned
I blame Scarra. I've seen a ton a Kat's recently too, Scarra plays both quite a bit on stream. I had a string yesterday of 4 games in a row with a Kat feeding on my team, at least Anivia is a good champ.
The same Kat player crushing my team two games in a row made me IP-buy her and start learning her...I REALLY hope it doesn't develop into one of those situations where a champion becomes popular and gets nerfed merely because people complain about it. Don't like 60-70% of LoL champions have some ability that can disrupt Kat's ult? :( Nerfing her past her current place would suck.

garath

Scarra is also the reason I see a Soraka claiming mid every third game. Damn him!! (love his stream though. He's really informative, especially for someone that likes mid)

Boken

Banned
I had an Anivia on my team yesterday whose only damage item was Void Staff. Curse you Froggen!!!

(boots, chalice, warmogs, void staff, heart of gold, shureylias)

Sheeeeeeeeeit.

I'd say it in the DotA2 thread but I'm bad at Dota.

So, as support...

I played as Janna and went 2-0-15. This seemed quite good to me, but this is not the reception I heard in chat. Just confirming that my job is to get assists, not die, and keep people alive, correct?

Blizzard

Banned
So, as support...

I played as Janna and went 2-0-15. This seemed quite good to me, but this is not the reception I heard in chat. Just confirming that my job is to get assists, not die, and keep people alive, correct?
As a jungler, support, or possibly other role, your job is to be the scapegoat if your team is terrible so that they can unite themselves by raging at you, rather than feeling like miserable failures.

Supports are also supposed to buy gold items instead of last hitting all the minions or whatnot.

*edit* Ferrio also has good points. :(

Ferrio

Banned
So, as support...

Your job is to ward, have map awareness for your carry, buy aura type items, and assist in fights.

Your job is to ward, have map awareness for your carry, buy aura type items, and assist in fights.

Ok, I didn't ward very well, that's what I'm still learning. But... in my defense, it was an AI game, so ...ya.

Also, I didn't KS, or CS, I had the Aegis for the aura and another thing that on click gives your team 40% MS for 3 seconds.

But ya, I need to stay on top of warding. That said, I was calling people popping up behind us and all...

Ferrio

Banned
Ok, I didn't ward very well, that's what I'm still learning. But... in my defense, it was an AI game, so ...ya.

Also, I didn't KS, or CS, I had the Aegis for the aura and another thing that on click gives your team 40% MS for 3 seconds.

But ya, I need to stay on top of warding. That said, I was calling people popping up behind us and all...

You want gp5 items before any of your main build stuff. Usually a philo stone first, and a heart of gold.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If people are complaining about your performance in an AI game they need to find better things to do with their time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
WHY AREN'T YOU BUILDING AURAS OMG ARAB NOOB.

Inskipp

Here's a warding tutorial, if you want to have an in-depth look into the subject.

The site also has a general support gameplay- guide, covering the basics of the role in general. Worth looking into.

brian!

So, as support...

stats are deceptive. those are good stats, but there are plenty of examples of people with good stats completely throwing games, being in the wrong place at wrong time, etc. (not saying that's what you were doing!).

edit: oh if it was an ai game, fuk dem, who the fuck wards in an ai game

Avinexus

2-0-15 sounds fine.

Dyrus is playing AP Nautilus top. Looks really fun.

If you like AP Nautilus watch chu8 some, he plays him mid all the time. I'm gonna buy Nautilus here soon, he can do well in every single lane + jungle, too versatile not to own.

Man, I'm really starting to enjoy this game. I only play it strictly for casual fun against bots and teamed up with my buddies, but for those purposes, it's perfect.

Vayne is super fun once she gets going (aa-tumble-aa is just fun, and a third aa in there really devastates people), but I also am enjoying Sivir a lot in that role.

I have been using WW for Jungling but am curious about how the other folks are for it. Any suggestions?

I liked Xin Zhao a lot when he was on sale, so I'll probably grab him once I get up to 3500 points or whatever. But as far as melee champs with a good gap closer, anyone else to recommend?

Ferrio

Banned
Man, I'm really starting to enjoy this game. I only play it strictly for casual fun against bots and teamed up with my buddies, but for those purposes, it's perfect.

Vayne is super fun once she gets going (aa-tumble-aa is just fun, and a third aa in there really devastates people), but I also am enjoying Sivir a lot in that role.

I have been using WW for Jungling but am curious about how the other folks are for it. Any suggestions?

I liked Xin Zhao a lot when he was on sale, so I'll probably grab him once I get up to 3500 points or whatever. But as far as melee champs with a good gap closer, anyone else to recommend?

Xin is considered one of the worst champs in the game. Overall melee carry characters (Xin, Fiora, Yi, Tryndamere) have a hard time fitting in the meta. But if you're just playing bot games then it doesn't matter.

Inskipp

Jarvan, Riven and Wukong pop in mind. If you want something cheaper IP- wise, Tryndamere is a good one to pick up as well.

DTKT

Thoughts on solo top as Yorick, Jarvan, or Nautilus?

I've played a bit of Yorick and he's extremely powerful. Though, like all tops, you need to be a bit farmed in order to be effective.

He has great sustain, amazing burst when you can get all 3 ghouls up.

Ferrio

Banned
Thoughts on solo top as Yorick, Jarvan, or Nautilus?

Yorick is the king of top lane. Very few counters. Trouble is he's kinda boring to play, and late game his effectiveness is basically determined on how well your AD carry did.

Ken

Thanks. I've been playing Shen top but switched to Jarvan because he seems a bit more fun. Nautilus seems interesting too. I assume Yorick would have mana problems though with his ghouls though?

BTW, who is a good laning partner for Teemo? Thought about Blitzcrank but I also want to derp around as pink Taric for his stun and ridiculous look.

Xin is considered one of the worst champs in the game. Overall melee carry characters (Xin, Fiora, Yi, Tryndamere) have a hard time fitting in the meta. But if you're just playing bot games then it doesn't matter.

Bummer! He was fun. Oh well. I am only doing AI now, but if I move over, I'll want to use viable folks I guess? Who knows.

I have Riven--didn't know she was a good jungler. Maybe I'll give her a shot.

Solune

If you want a jungler, Skarner, Fiddle, Nocturne, and Lee Sin are typical picks.

Blizzard

Banned
Bummer! He was fun. Oh well. I am only doing AI now, but if I move over, I'll want to use viable folks I guess? Who knows.

I've played 100+ top lane games with Riven and I don't feel like she ever ends up being a great jungler, but you don't have to worry too much about that until you do PVP.

Regarding Xin, I don't know why someone would say he's one of the worst champions. When he came out he was brutally overpowered, and maybe he was nerfed too much, but if you have fun, by all means use him. In low-level/low-elo games he can still end up charging out of the jungle and murdering teams. I feel like I've had at least 2-3 games in the last week which Xin was one of the key players on the other team. If we didn't kill him almost immediately, he'd murder us all.

Now if you use Eve or Karma, those might be some of the worst champions. :p

Long story short, if you're in bot games, play someone fun. If you're in PVP games, also play someone fun -- if you're consistently GOOD at that champion, with few exceptions, you'll probably do fine in low-level games where people are playing random stuff.

Wrekt

Thanks. I've been playing Shen top but switched to Jarvan because he seems a bit more fun. Nautilus seems interesting too. I assume Yorick would have mana problems though with his ghouls though?

BTW, who is a good laning partner for Teemo? Thought about Blitzcrank but I also want to derp around as pink Taric for his stun and ridiculous look.

Teemo tends to go solo top. He gets outclassed down in the bottom lane. If you are set on the idea, I'd honestly support him with Nautilus. You will need someone that bully the enemy carry and can escape when Teemo has to disengage.

XeroSauce

Start with Q, max W, start wraiths > red > wolves > wraiths > mid gank. Start cloth 5 (vamp sceptre if you have good runes for it).

EGM92

I've been doing so well with MF in ranked. She destroys everyone as an AD carry, I'm 7/0 ranked with her in my last 7 ranked games. Even with Trolls she carries so hard. Went from 1230 ELO back to 1330 nearly out of ELO Hell.

And yea theres a bunch of shit players in the GAF channel lol

Ferrio

Banned
What is ELO hell and why is it called that?

Theoretical (it's heavily debated whether it's real or not) standing in the rankings in which the players you get paired up with are really inconsistent in their skill. Overall the ranking isn't low enough that all the players are so stupid that you can easily roll over them and rank up, but at the same time aren't all consistently good enough that you can rely on them not doing totally stupid shit.

Most often it's considered to be around the 1000-1400 range or so, since that's where most players get placed right after their initial placement matches.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sounds like I should go back to Shen or Irelia then?
Jarvan is fine if you feel like you can make it work, but he's not a very popular pick for a reason. His matchups with other dominant top laners are just really poor. And I'm not sure you want to go back to Irelia after her nerfs...but I don't really have enough play recently to say how she held up after them.

Unless you're in 1900 elo or above, you can pretty much outlane anyone simply by being better with your champion. If you've played Irelia 150 times, you'll outlane some dude who's played maybe 20 games with Riven, even if Riven's stronger than Irelia.

Blizzard

Banned
Unless you're in 1900 elo or above, you can pretty much outlane anyone simply by being better with your champion. If you've played Irelia 150 times, you'll outlane some dude who's played maybe 20 games with Riven, even if Riven's stronger than Irelia.
I've played like 120 Riven games and I still feel like I suck against Irelia because of the lifesteal, Irelia's longer stun times, and potentially double-reduced stun duration (so you can only stun her like 1/3 of a second?). As far as I know, Irelia can also build tanky and still do tons of damage, but Riven needs a good bit of AD to have decent damage. A fully built Irelia endgame seems to affect the whole game much more than a fully built Riven, to me.

However, all of this may have been before the most recent nerf, so who knows.

Man, I wish there was a demo for the champs. I'm interested in a few folks (like Irelia, Nocturne and Lee Sin), but I'd just like to see how they feel first.

Even if it was just that first single-lane tutorial level against an AI bot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really agree with this at all. Just because I've played a bunch of games with Nasus and will stomp with him if I ever get to an end game state doesn't mean I can lane against whoever I feel like. You don't have to be in the top 1% for counter picking to start mattering. If someone is playing Riven or Fiora or Tryndamere top and I take Kennen up there it doesn't really matter how many games they've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom