• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

He's just fallen out of favor after the jungle was redesigned and counterjungling became trendy. I don't recall him getting any direct nerfs.

Zissou

I didn't start playing until after the jungle was redone. How did the changes to the jungle reduce the attractiveness of playing Trundle? Was counter-jungling destined to become prevalent one way or the other, or did the changes to the jungle directly influence its rise in popularity?

bjaelke

Fast junglers are rewards due to short spawn times. Fiddle also fell out of favor after the remake - I'm not quite sure what the recent buff to his Dark Winds has done to his jungle time.

I haven't seen a lot of jungle GP either.

He is OP as hell. Surprised more people don't ban him. I expect nerfs eventually, no reason for him to do that much damage.
I actually do ban naut every chance I get. OP
I'm glad I don't play against you guys, Naut is one of my fav champs. I'm glad he doesn't get banned. I play him as support though. He gets so freaking tanky at later levels and his slow scales up so well.

isn't he one of the god tier junglers ?
some people say he have mana problems otherwise he is good

He absolutely needs blue buff. He has one of the most ridiculous jungle clear times because of his Q and W. The only time you shouldn't take the blue buff immediatley is if you get invaded because then his E would be a lot more useful to pick off an enemy quickly(try to use it on someone who doesn't have flash(use tab to check) or a flash ability(trynd).

Taking E first means that would leave you without any good jungling abilties till level 2 though. You would need a really hard leash from your team after an invasion teamfight and even then I wouldn't take that risk unless you knew the enemy team wouldn't try initiating again.

Fast junglers are rewards due to short spawn times. Fiddle also fell out of favor after the remake - I'm not quite sure what the recent buff to his Dark Winds has done to his jungle time.

I haven't seen a lot of jungle GP either.

I think that was done primarily to help his laning but I could be wrong.

I think Fiddle is great mid vs anyone that doesn't have a stun or silence.

Lolwut? Trundle is still very good. You don't see him that much anymore because the newer junglers like Naut are much easier to play and have more utility plus they're much more inclined to donate blue earlier. Trundle is one of the few junglers that if fed and just dominate a team by himself.

Inskipp

He's just fallen out of favor after the jungle was redesigned and counterjungling became trendy. I don't recall him getting any direct nerfs.
When dragon and baron received shred- immunity, it pretty much killed Trundle. That ult was his one major perk that defined him from other junglers.

With that removed, he's now just a regular bruiser with a pillar. Doesn't mean he's a bad champ, but he doesn't own any inherent advantages that would distinguish him from other junglers, save for his pillar perhaps.

XeroSauce

Lolwut? Trundle is still very good. You don't see him that much anymore because the newer junglers like Naut are much easier to play and have more utility plus they're much more inclined to donate blue earlier. Trundle is one of the few junglers that if fed and just dominate a team by himself.

I love when my friend jungles Trundle, he just roars and erects pillars all day and people REALLY underestimate Trundle on his wasteland

Enemy Renekton pushing bot tower. About 1/4 health.

I approach as Riven from the river.

Ult, shield, stun, Q.

FPS suddenly drops from 40-ish to under 10.

I miss my Q. My R goes wide.

Renekton rushes back under his tower.

My FPS goes back to normal.

:(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Enemy Renekton pushing bot tower. About 1/4 health.

I approach as Riven from the river.

Ult, shield, stun, Q.

FPS suddenly drops from 40-ish to under 10.

I miss my Q. My R goes wide.

Renekton rushes back under his tower.

My FPS goes back to normal.

:(

Windows assessment tool, my worst enemy.

Pjodor

Neo Member
I didn't start playing until after the jungle was redone. How did the changes to the jungle reduce the attractiveness of playing Trundle? Was counter-jungling destined to become prevalent one way or the other, or did the changes to the jungle directly influence its rise in popularity?
The redmake was that they mostly made the mobs easyer to kill and respawn faster. So you dont need a champion with as much sustain as you did before.

Yeah but she has a disable, which is pretty much a stun.

Oh alright. When I read your earlier statement I remember getting caught out by fiddle with his silence and then his ult. As soon as silence wore off I taunted him I used me W and then E. He flashed afterwards and I ulted once, flashed, ignited then chased with my two reserve ults. The ults finished him off before my Q even came off cooldown.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Trundle is a great pick, but he's a real pain to play. Incredibly boring skill set, and his animations are super wonky. The cast time on his ult can be really frustrating.

Gangplank is kind of a worthless jungle pick. Mana intensive if you want to clear packs fast, and below average when it comes to fitting into a team. He can't counter jungle well or defend his own jungle because of poor clear times.

Ken

Ice walls everywhere.

Most surprisingly fun game I've had all night. When I saw our team composition, I figured there was no way we could win. At about 20 minutes everyone stopped laning and just fought in mid lane for the next 10 minutes. After that I was able to get my FoN (which helped a lot since I was expecting AD Ez) and then waltzed into their base.

Blizzard

Banned
I hadn't encountered any decent Darius players until yesterday so I figured that the rampant complaining (that is apparently on the LoL) forums might be unwarranted.

Then I noticed yesterday that I kept getting killed by 300-500 true damage, which isn't that much I guess, but apparently it can go up to 900? As far as I'm aware, that's the most true damage anything in the game does, and Cho's ultimate can't be used repeatedly.

I can also understand the complaints from people about killstealing. I know I play katarina (and I SUCK now, I don't know the right item build order or something) and katarina is all about killstealing to reduce cooldowns, but at least she's doing AOE teamfight damage. With Darius, I think there was one on the other team who hadn't done much anything all game, was dying a bunch and getting shut down, whatever. Then teamfight, suddenly Darius got a triple kill (presumably due to the triple ult). So our team was like wtf ok, kill him earlier, and we won after that. But yeah, all in all it's a lot of true damage.

garath

I'm not saying that if you're godlike that you should 1v5 the enemy team (though if you could, you should). I agree that it's harder to 1v5 carry in LoL compared to other Mobas. What you said kinda highlights the problem I wanted to point out though - godlike players tend to create for themselves an individual mentality - an "I'm the best, my team sucks" mentality, and they try to rely only on themselves and bemoan a loss and blame their team.

Yes, it was your teams fault that you lost, but it's also your fault you thought yourself above them. However, everybody wants to win, even the "bads" on your team - if you're carrying, chances are they will listen to you. This is why as a clear score leader, you have to LEAD. You dont just run around as an individual and ignore your team. If your team is actually stronger, make plays, if your team isn't, catch the enemy team out of position and take objectives. People with carry mentality need to play support sometime.

People are always here complaining how they did well and their team got caught out of position bla bla, that's sad and all, but there was always something they could've done to help. If you think your team is stronger, why are you guys not pushing? If you were pushing, your team members wouldnt get randomly caught in a bush somewhere. The fact that your team members are getting caught randomly makes it sound like you were already losing or you guys weren't making the correct strategic choices - like you're off farming somewhere because you think your team is crap.

I know this post was a few days ago but "bravo". 100% correct. It's not enough to just rack up the kills in a corner, need to play the team game.

Personally it's been the hardest learning curve in the game for me. It's actually not too tough to pick a character and dominate your lane with the right matchup, but it's a lot more difficult to try and see the big picture and organize your team to a victory. It's always going through my head - "good time for baron?", "good teamfight bot, grab dragon", "what lane to push?", "can we trap him?", "are we walking into a trap?". Sometimes the team just won't listen but Boken is right, if you're super fed and are making most of the plays, people will tend to follow.

Truthfully though, I've had better luck "carrying" a game as a tanky character. You get to initiate the objectives and with the right calls, people will start to follow. I still have trouble making those calls but I'm learning. Watching streams of the pros really helps for that. The only downside is initiating and your team doesn't follow. That doesn't go well :p

edit:

The update is okay, I just feel weirdly disconnected from the controls more than before, like slight lag aside from obvious glitches. I haven't tried completely without vsync and frame cap off, though.

Also I -finally- had some decent katarina games again, I needed them so badly. 15/3/9 and 9/3/6 back to back (one ranked one normal). 70.9% wins out of 103 ranked katarina games, also.

You're making me want to start playing Kat :p

Wrekt

I was just about to buy Anivia. I hated her last time she came up on a free weekend but I didn't build her like the mana starved champ she is, and I didn't use her ult to farm creeps as much as I should have. I'm gonna use this opportunity to learn the shit out of her.

Blizzard

Banned
You're making me want to start playing Kat :p
My recommendation is don't start, unless you're 1000 elo or below. I'm down to 68% ranked wins with her now, and I had like 7 normal losses in a row (not ranked thankfully).

Nearly all of it was some or mostly my fault for not dominating people (and not playing a different champion to dominate harder), but it was so frustrating winning early and then losing teamfights.

I had some exceptional teammates too. One game the entire team was virtually silent, and only 2/5 of us had any kills at all. I had 4, someone else on my team had 2, and that was it. The other team had like 26 (our AD carry was 0/5/0 I think).

Kyuur

Katarina is great as long as you know what you're doing and your team knows how to handle team fights. She is great when your team has a LOT of hard CC (3 or 4 stuns). That is my experience anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of Galio, are there any good champions that actually shut him down? Say, sending an AD range mid? Because I felt like I sent him back to base or did a good bit of damage, but with teleport he could just keep farming, and ended up with like 954 AP. That's a lot of AP!

Mostly the issue is that the QE Galio combo seems to rapidly kill entire minion waves so he had like 350+ minions, and I'd have to dodge it at the same time and try to avoid taking minion damage.

XeroSauce

Speaking of Galio, are there any good champions that actually shut him down? Say, sending an AD range mid? Because I felt like I sent him back to base or did a good bit of damage, but with teleport he could just keep farming, and ended up with like 954 AP. That's a lot of AP!

Mostly the issue is that the QE Galio combo seems to rapidly kill entire minion waves so he had like 350+ minions, and I'd have to dodge it at the same time and try to avoid taking minion damage.

It's more of a laning vs. Galio thing then picking a champion versus him. Cait can do pretty well, Talon too.

Learning to stay away from minion clumps, getting boots early to dodge Q, and just farming until you can roam. If he's pushing the lane freeze it when you can. Shove the lane when you want to roam and you'll force him to either stay in lane to push back or roam as well, and roaming Galio doesn't do that great.

Why the hell did I buy Cait, she's free every other week. I used to roll faces with her when I was level 5. :(

Ken

Vladimir. If he keeps spamming Qs and you keep dodging, he'll run out of mana pretty quickly while you QE him.

Merovin

I was just about to buy Anivia. I hated her last time she came up on a free weekend but I didn't build her like the mana starved champ she is, and I didn't use her ult to farm creeps as much as I should have. I'm gonna use this opportunity to learn the shit out of her.

Do it. Anivia is so powerful when played right. I really need to try her out with that new item.

Katarina is great as long as you know what you're doing and your team knows how to handle team fights. She is great when your team has a LOT of hard CC (3 or 4 stuns). That is my experience anyways.

Ward placement is key as well.

With some CDR and 3 kills/assists, you can basically use your ult twice in a team fight. Pretty awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
i just got the perfect team
galio (me) mid
amumu jungler
nunu support
miss fortune ad

the chain of ulti never fucking ends.
Some combination of katarina plus amumu/wukong/galio/malphite/nunu/nautilus/alistar is good for this as well.

But for every amumu who ults someone and you get a kill, you will get 3 amumus that ult after you're dead, then die when they try to run back to their turret. :p

Been playing a lot of Leona lately... I learned just yesterday that her Q stun doesn't stop fiddle's ult. Makes no sense to me. I wonder what other fun surprises are in store.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been playing a lot of Leona lately... I learned just yesterday that her Q stun doesn't stop fiddle's ult. Makes no sense to me. I wonder what other fun surprises are in store.
Fiddle's ultimate is not channeled once activated, and cannot be stopped. Your choices are to run or kill.

Has GAF given up on the likes of Hecarim/Sejuani? I haven't seen those two since release week.

Not too sure about hecarim because I've only tried him in his free week. I found him to be rather squishy and overly reliant on getting good ganks. I love ganking with him though. I really like sejuani's skill set but I want her to get a buff :(. I bought her when she went on sale recently hoping Riot eventually buffs her. The problem with her isn't that she's neccasarily bad it's just there are better champs to choose over her for her roles.

If you absolutely need to motherfucking kill a Galio -- pick Talon.

I shit you not he rapes the poor statue into oblivion.

(Recent game a few weeks ago I had Voyboy on my team going AP mid -- he raped the shit out of the leblanc. Next game, he Galio'd mid again and started caps locking team chat asking to go top instead. Garen wouldn't let him. Talon showed up mid and proceeded to 0-5 him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom