• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

leona support is fun but i hate playing non heal support against support with heal :/

alistar is fun if ur ad is good or graves (op as fuck)

Ken

leona support is fun but i hate playing non heal support against support with heal :/

alistar is fun if ur ad is good or graves (op as fuck)

Alistar is the one support I don't have fun playing as.

Had a terrible game of ranked this morning. Our first pick was GP and our second picked Cass and switched to Poppy at the last second, leaving me with Leona and our last two as Alistar and Hecarim jungle. Apparently the GP and Poppy didn't know any English and wanted to lane together so they went bot and I went solo top against a Mordekaiser. In the end, I had the highest CS of our team, GP counter-jungled our own Hecarim leaving the latter at level 7 at 20 minutes, and Alistar constantly made bad jokes about non-English speaking players.

Zissou

Does anyone have any recommendations for good streamers who play bot (both AD and support)? I feel like those are my worst two roles by far and I need to study up.

Inskipp

Does anyone have any recommendations for good streamers who play bot (both AD and support)? I feel like those are my worst two roles by far and I need to study up.
Aphromoo and Nhat Nguyen play in those roles respectively, and are entertaining to watch when they stream their duo-q.

Volimar

Free IP boost all weekend. 3.4 million likes on Facebook = 34% more IP in all games this weekend.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2170055

This is the long awaited reward for 2 million likes on Facebook. I'm actually somewhat disappointed. I hoped for a new free skin or RP or something. An IP boost that they just announced and a lot of people are going to miss is kind of underwhelming. Oh well.

More IP woo...

Aphromoo and Nhat Nguyen play in those roles respectively, and are entertaining to watch when they stream their duo-q.

Nhat is very fun to watch.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm all for more IP, maybe I can get another champion!

The first recent game I found recorded of them had them as Sivir and Blitzcrank, and their team got destroyed (by Vayne + Soraka and others), though Sivir had a double kill at the start. The other team had like triple the kills, and Sivir was pseudo trolling near the end selling items and buying thornmail etc. If anything it made me want to try to play Vayne if she's still viable. :p I wonder what build that Kenny player was using.

Wrekt

Lol at those downvotes.

34% is a weird number though. Why not just make it straight- up double IP?

From what I understand, they said it was double IP when they announced it. Then it took 4 months and they cut the bonus in third. I can't complain though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So DOTA2 going F2P (duh!!), but bigger than that no pay per champion as they are all unlocked from the start for competitive balance reasons. I wonder if/how this will effect Riot/LoL.

XeroSauce

Damn, that is a lot of entitlement.

Not really entitlement, just underwhelming, compared to the double weekends they gave before.

And considering that this was supposed to be this big event.

In other news, my team won our first match in the Alienware Tournament!

kn5Y8.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So DOTA2 going F2P (duh!!), but bigger than that no pay per champion as they are all unlocked from the start for competitive balance reasons. I wonder if/how this will effect Riot/LoL.
3.4% IP boost 4ever.

Vanillalite

Ah, okay. They are going to constantly release new champs, right?

We don't really know. Your getting 100+ champs to start, and they seem to imply even new champs will be free to keep the game balanced. They'll make $$$ selling just cosmetic stuff instead.

Volimar

Free IP boost all weekend. 3.4 million likes on Facebook = 34% more IP in all games this weekend.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2170055

This is the long awaited reward for 2 million likes on Facebook. I'm actually somewhat disappointed. I hoped for a new free skin or RP or something. An IP boost that they just announced and a lot of people are going to miss is kind of underwhelming. Oh well.

More IP woo...

Nhat is very fun to watch.

Update - Apparently a lot of people were disappointed with the 34% reward, so Good Guy Pendragon upped it to 100% all weekend.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Update - Apparently a lot of people were disappointed with the 34% reward, so Good Guy Pendragon upped it to 100% all weekend.

Oh.
My.
God.

TIME TO ASSEMBLE MY MAN-CAVE! THIS WEEKEND, WE FARM!

Wrekt

I applied for a local position at Riot and the job listing was taken down like 12 hours after I sent in my resume and I never heard back from them. I'm not one to ever surrender though, so I just applied for another position I am very qualified for. Though I'm guessing this one has a much worse commute (about 2,040ish miles.)

You hear me Rayven!? I'm not stopping until I have the office down the hall. Or cube. Or whatever you guys use there.

Inskipp

Oh well look at that, I guess I kind of called it.

I had plans for this weekend too... Looks like I'm gonna have to shuffle them up a bit.

XeroSauce

Apparantly Tamat posted this, then deleted it:

"If you'd prefer not to participate in this weekend, that's totally fine! Just let me know by complaining in this thread and I'll remove the bonus from your account before it begins tomorrow."

I understand that it's hard to appease the LoL community but that's kind of a low blow. I'm glad they are upping the reward.

Hero

To be fair, a 34% boost for 3 million likes as the reward for when we hit the 2 million milestone way back when was kind of crappy.

Blizzard

Banned
Normal draft seems much more difficult than ranked draft. I've lost 8/9 of my last normal games. Naturally I've been terrible, but I've had stuff like a game where two different people were disconnected at different points, and a third person went to take a dump midgame.

bjaelke

Have anyone tried Draven on the PBE? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K2eXVRrJVo
To be fair, a 34% boost for 3 million likes as the reward for when we hit the 2 million milestone way back when was kind of crappy.

They're probably saving all the major "rewards" for when DOTA2 releases. Riot will need some kind of bait if they want to keep people from jumping ship.

Don't forget you got Riot Tristana as well for liking them on Facebook.

Ken

Jax is so fun. Wrecked a Wukong top who had to lane switch several times and eventually left me to free farm.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Played a bot game with Draven on the PBE. He's really crazy to play. I didn't realize you didn't have to keep activating your Q each time to keep getting procs. He kind of does his own thing with this, hopping to his axe point to keep juggling it and do what can add up to be absolutely huge amounts of sustained damage. It's kind of confusing and hectic, but it's really fun. He is probably the hardest champion to play in the game at full capacity, and I think mages will be really dangerous to him.

What I didn't anticipate is that Draven would be a ranged AD carry. That's what he feels like, and that's what his build seems to dictate. Movement speed is huge for catching axes, so Bloodthirster into Zeal seems like a much stronger start for him than saving up for an Infinity Edge. I don't know how well he'll be able to solo lane. His escape is really strong so it's a possibility that he can take top. His E has a great push back/slow on top of his on demand movespeed buff, so he can really run around all over the place.

You can actually get multiple axe throws going. I wasn't sure if it was CDR or high attack speed that enabled this. Additionally, standing next to walls or outcropping seems to limit where the axe can land, potentially maximizing DPS. His abilities are just a lot of fun to use. It feels great catching axes on the run, pushing people around, and throwing your swirling death ultimate across the map to pick up kills as people try and escape.

Vanillalite

I'm a big LoL Supported, but man it's going to be nice when DOTA2 hits for real (yeah yeah I'm in the beta) and the idea of double XP weekends won't matter. Not having to buy rune pages, and having all of the champs unlocked from the ghetto really is a nice draw. Takes away the needless IP farming I do sometimes in LoL.

Q8D3vil

I'm a big LoL Supported, but man it's going to be nice when DOTA2 hits for real (yeah yeah I'm in the beta) and the idea of double XP weekends won't matter. Not having to buy rune pages, and having all of the champs unlocked from the ghetto really is a nice draw. Takes away the needless IP farming I do sometimes in LoL.

yeah, dota 2 model seems to be much better for the consumers so far.
now if only they can make the item system better it would have been much much better play.

Ark

What's the 'recommended' build for Nautilus jungle? Just bought him since he's on sale now and going through a bunch of guides just comes back with a different build for each guide :(

bjaelke

Double gp5, merc threads and aegis. After that you probably want some tanky items depending on the other team composition. Upgrade both gold items and pick up an oracle somewhere in between.

garath

It would be nice to not have to buy champions. Granted I wouldn't have spent nearly as much money on LoL as I have, but I would own a lot more skins :p

Double IP weekend is fantastic. Except I can never play on weekends :(

I'll definitely give Dota2 another shot when it comes out, the model sounds good. But I'm in the beta and it really hasn't clicked for me the way LoL did. I was hooked on LoL from my 2nd game. Dota2 I've played a few times and hasn't really done it.

Ken

What's the 'recommended' build for Nautilus jungle? Just bought him since he's on sale now and going through a bunch of guides just comes back with a different build for each guide :(

I build Boots of Mobility first which I can usually get after a clear + 1 wolves. After that, Philo Stone, HoG, Shureliyas, Aegis if my support isn't getting it, Frozen Heart, and Randuins or FoN.

Darius passive should function like Draven's; either only let it apply on normal OR abilites, or only on critical strikes. It's way too easy to get 5 stacks as Darius.

Okay Draven's skin is pretty cool. I suppose I'll pick him up now.

Also, Nautilus half off for 487 RP right now for people interested in him.

XeroSauce

Like the others said. Ge Philo first, Boots5, HoG, then an Aegis if your support isn't getting one early.

I like to grab a Recurve Bow for damage when I can because it adds to his damage output and clear times SO much, you can upgrade it into Wit's End whenever you feel the need for more MR.

bjaelke

I like to grab a Recurve Bow for damage when I can because it adds to his damage output and clear times SO much, you can upgrade it into Wit's End whenever you feel the need for more MR.

I actually got Zeke's Harald on him last time. Fantastic aura item. But yeah, some kind of attack speed item is also a good idea.

Ken

How do you get to level 30 and still be so bad?

Their team wasn't even very good. Our Olaf somehow fed 5 kills to Mundo because he thought he could burst him down faster than Mundo could regen (Olaf couldn't). No one on my team bought a single ward. Graves and Voli lost to Ryze and Talon bot. Ahri did okay against Varus mid (?) but still.

Edit: Now my ranked party chose Fizz after our first pick was Kass and then wondered why we don't have support.

Ark

BeCeG.png

First game as Nautilus :lol

I don't expect it to go so well again, I'll definitely try out Recurve Bow & Wits End though, thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom