• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Watching patch preview..........

AHRI NOOO AHRI :(

Base damage decrease and ratio up mean laning phase nerf, she used to be able to kill people as soon as she hit 6, now I have to buy item?

I caught the enemy team at Baron. Called the team over, and initiated, with the notion to steal.

I didn't steal.

But I killed 3 of their teammates and assisted in the death of a 4th before dying as Yorick

Pretty sure the game turned right then and there.

Edit: 1326 what what

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
But she gets a new skin so it's all okay!

She does? Google result........

830px-Ahri_FireFoxSkin.jpg

They turn her into a squirrel.

Ferga

I'm just stuck in 1400 elo :|

Win-lose-win-lose-win-win (YES!)-lose elo worth 2 games

Everytime i get close to gold again, I lose 3games in a row

Why oh why can't i carry and support hard enough

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I figured Graves was going to get the nerf bat. I almost bought him as my last purchase, but I figured he was ripe to get nerfed. Now I wonder who the AD Carry flavour of the month will be?!?

Also the Swain buff seems pretty pimp. I don't own him, but think he might end up being my next purchase.

Q8D3vil

I figured Graves was going to get the nerf bat. I almost bought him as my last purchase, but I figured he was ripe to get nerfed. Now I wonder who the AD Carry flavour of the month will be?!?

Also the Swain buff seems pretty pimp. I don't own him, but think he might end up being my next purchase.
ezrael if his buff went through.

Ark

Tempted to buy and try Swain next, but I reckon with these new buffs he's probably going to be free next week, hopefully so anyway.

Hopefully next weeks free-week is pretty decent and I can spend all the IP that I'm going to be collecting this weekend on new champions. I only have like 20-ish champions, I never seem to buy many. I just buy a couple for each role and play them all the time.

I've wanted to try jungle Skarner for the longest time now, but usually every time I see him in a game the team that has him on their team loses. He seems decent, just not decent enough, from what I've seen anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
Which AD carries are considered not useless in competitive play? I saw a Vayne doing well at like 2200 elo against Sivir. I assume Kogmaw is still one of them as long as the team is full of shields and snares to protect him.

y2dvd

Playing Diablo and then jumping back to this game is a hella bad idea. Controls are similar enough to where I forget which is which. Like sometimes I'll try left-clicking to move or i'll hit the number keys to try and do a spell only to use an item lol.

IMO the AD carries post-patch will be:

TOP: Corki, Kog'maw

GOOD: Ashe, Varus, Graves

STILL GOOD: Tristana, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Kennen, Caitlyn

OK: Vayne, Urgot, Twitch

Blizzard

Banned
I only do well with Katarina when not playing with Boken. It is known. =(

(I feel like this alt-printscreen PNG is blurry too, am I going insane?)

kat_2isj08.png

I just had my most amazing jungle Udyr ever. Amumu = shut down HARD.

msiQq.png

When the match started we quickly agreed on counterjungling since we know Amumu really needs that blue, so I took bear first. Odds were in our favor because we have strong Lv1 champs. We camped the bush between midlane and blue. Cass decides to go through there presumably to leash, so she got murdered very promptly. 5 seconds later blue spawns but no one was there. We stole blue ASAP even if it was a big risk now. Afterwards we retreated and gave Kass our blue.

I proceed to go do my first 1-2 clears, successfully ganked mid, then bought cloth, wards and potions to counterjungle. I think I landed a kill on Amumu, then later on got killed by enemy Cass because I got too greedy. I got it back with another gank anyway. :p

Throughout the match, I timed blue spawns like I've never did before. I was also warding more than usual. Graves and Leona straight up murdering bottom which gave me more time to counterjungle and gank other lanes. I don't think Amumu ever got blue for longer than 10 seconds lol. Another thing I liked was that Kass somehow was always there at the right time.

You might be wondering about the derpy builds of Cass and Amumu. They just decided to throw the match away after some time.

Replay file here if anyone wants to watch:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/479191/

Blizzard

Banned
What should I look for before considering an invade in terms of team composition of both teams?
I don't know much about it, but personally I consider CC, CV, and blitzcrank. If they have CV and blitzcrank that's like a double invade sign. If they have alistar that means you presumably shouldn't invade since he'll punch the ground and you will fly in the air.

Wrekt

What should I look for before considering an invade in terms of team composition of both teams?

Champs that are high damage with some innate tankiness without items (Pantheon, Graves)
Champs that will take hard CC as their first point (Taric, Alistar)
Junglers that can't operate early without blue (Fiddlesticks, Amumu)

Culinary

Does anyone want to play? Alot of my friends are moving away from league and I'm running out of people to reliably play with. I love 5v5 customs, but can rarely get one with my current group.

Blizzard

Banned
Just nearly had a dedicated ranked griefer on my team again, it had been a while. Thankfully someone else dodged. They said stuff like we would lose, -13, "yes i griefer" in the ranked champion select lobby. Take a look at their last 10 games, including the triple armor one, or the 0/22/0 game with all shoes: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23563953#history

Rayven, is there any way to report someone for review like that if they weren't actually in your game? I assume eventually the tribunal will look at it but it sucks for ranked people until it happens.

Merovin

Just nearly had a dedicated ranked griefer on my team again, it had been a while. Thankfully someone else dodged. They said stuff like we would lose, -13, "yes i griefer" in the ranked champion select lobby. Take a look at their last 10 games, including the triple armor one, or the 0/22/0 game with all shoes: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23563953#history

Rayven, is there any way to report someone for review like that if they weren't actually in your game? I assume eventually the tribunal will look at it but it sucks for ranked people until it happens.

You lucked out big time there. Jesus, how can people even be like that? And why are they always in my games too?!

Blizzard

Banned
You lucked out big time there. Jesus, how can people even be like that? And why are they always in my games too?!
I think I've only ever had one dedicated griefer in a ranked game, so presumably it is fairly rare. The guy announced he'd feed, ran up the middle and side lanes to go 0/15 or 0/22 before surrender or whatever, the whole gamut. You'd think it takes so long to get to level 30 people wouldn't want to risk their accounts, but apparently not (or they don't actually get banned doing it).

Merovin

I think I've only ever had one dedicated griefer in a ranked game, so presumably it is fairly rare. The guy announced he'd feed, ran up the middle and side lanes to go 0/15 or 0/22 before surrender or whatever, the whole gamut. You'd think it takes so long to get to level 30 people wouldn't want to risk their accounts, but apparently not (or they don't actually get banned doing it).

Some of the griefers I have encountered, have stated how they only get banned for a day or two, so it's worth it "for the lols". Seems to be more common on EU-West based off of the games I have played and what I have read.

Slouisk

Neo Member
The graves buffs are completely fine and justified in my opinion. The w is completely game beakIng and op in my opinion. I actually think it could be nerfed even more. The q change makes it so you actually have to get close to burst which is the total poin of the champ anyway. Basically graves just is going to need a little more skill to play now but the burst and lane dominance is still there just harder to achieve now.

I just had the weirdest game.

I select Garen, and the next guy picks Singed and locks.

"IT'S ALL OVER", they exclaim. "We have no jungle!", they cry.

Indeed. So we go Garen, Ashe|Janna, Ryze|Singed.

30-6. They surrender at 20.

The wonders of low-ELO matches.

Ken

The graves buffs are completely fine and justified in my opinion. The w is completely game beakIng and op in my opinion. I actually think it could be nerfed even more. The q change makes it so you actually have to get close to burst which is the total poin of the champ anyway. Basically graves just is going to need a little more skill to play now but the burst and lane dominance is still there just harder to achieve now.

Yeah I hate playing against Graves because he hit me for TONS OF DAMAGE from so far away while Ezreal's Q hits him for 1/3 of what a single Q of his does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom