• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Old school olaf build

If you want to get out of 1200s you're going to have to carry harder chloe

1200s? I'm still doing my placement ranked matches of "not last hitting, not calling MIAs, not buying wards, terrible team comps and then wonder why we lose, contesting Baron? LOL, Nautilus can jungle!?!?!?" phase.

I try to let people take whatever roles they want but even that fails. The Fizz asked if he should jungle or do another lane. I told him he could jungle but he decides to go bot. When I tell him he should have gone support bot he told he me can't play support. Then why did he let me jungle? AHHHH.

I really can't carry with Nautilus. These last two games, what would normally be potential ganks for me ended up being me trying to defend the tower for the laner that died/is too low because they overextended before I got there/etc. instead. I might have to go back to someone less fun but can carry. Who would be better for carrying from the jungle: Nocturne, Skarner, or Lee Sin? Under the assumption that Lee is banned, I'm guessing it's between the first two? Or someone less conventional like Jax?

Nice, Ark.

Boken

Banned
1200s? I'm still doing my placement ranked matches of "not last hitting, not calling MIAs, not buying wards, terrible team comps and then wonder why we lose, contesting Baron? LOL, Nautilus can jungle!?!?!?" phase.

Everybody starts at 1200 for their placement matches IIRC

I totally just got Nautilus on sale, and got Olaf with IP to accompany him.

Then I realized I only had 2 more champs remaining at 3150 IP, so I got them, too (Urgot and LeBlanc).

:x

Oh well, 20 to go, time to IP farm! I have 2 champs to get at 4800 and the rest at 6300... blegh

Edit: 116700 total... balls.
Edit 2: How much do you win in a normal game?

Blizzard

Banned
How do you IP farm though? Doesn't it require winning games to be effective? Losing literally 9/10 of my normal draft games means it's nearly impossible to farm IP that way, and I don't want to farm in ranked. =/

Im current at 1190, if someone wants i can due queue in ranked
Send me an invite if you want. Apparently I gave myself carpal tunnel playing too much yesterday, but I'm close to that elo.

On another note, Draven's ultimate looks crazy, I didn't expect that at all.

On ANOTHER another note, I played against robot amumu for the first time, and hearing that global laugh echoing in your head from somewhere in the jungle is SO CREEPY.

Wrekt

Guys, don't ask me how I know this, but Smite Malphite with jungle runes/masteries is the best support in the game.

Ken

Cursed it. Played 2 normals and a ranked after that and lost all of them because my teams were just atrocious. Think I'll take a break and go back into ranked later.

Yeah, I've found that Nautilus can't carry terrible teams. If you want to play some normals, send me a buddy request or message. My IGN is in one of the screen caps from another post.

I'll keep playing ranked solo because if I'm with someone I'll feel bad if we lose and they lose ELO (and I don't care much about my ELO to be honest).

I guess you can IP farm by playing some bot games since they're easy (there is a daily limit though). Since IP is based on the duration of the game it doesn't really matter whether you play Dominion or SR. Dominion is easier though.

Wish we got some RP though. I'm sitting on 28k IP while waiting for the 6k champs to drop in price.

I plan on farming by playing games and winning them. :p

If the rate's the same, Dominion might be what I do, since I do better there. However, I need the SR practice. Hrm...

Just tried playing DotA 2.

No thanks. Yuck.

What didn't you like about it?

I'm thinking of jumping back in.

That seems kind of silly.

I was doing that, until I just blew through 12k of IP.

Still got 12k left, though.
smiley_smug.gif

bjaelke

Played a bot game with Draven on the PBE. He's really crazy to play. I didn't realize you didn't have to keep activating your Q each time to keep getting procs. He kind of does his own thing with this, hopping to his axe point to keep juggling it and do what can add up to be absolutely huge amounts of sustained damage. It's kind of confusing and hectic, but it's really fun. He is probably the hardest champion to play in the game at full capacity, and I think mages will be really dangerous to him.

What I didn't anticipate is that Draven would be a ranged AD carry. That's what he feels like, and that's what his build seems to dictate. Movement speed is huge for catching axes, so Bloodthirster into Zeal seems like a much stronger start for him than saving up for an Infinity Edge. I don't know how well he'll be able to solo lane. His escape is really strong so it's a possibility that he can take top. His E has a great push back/slow on top of his on demand movespeed buff, so he can really run around all over the place.

You can actually get multiple axe throws going. I wasn't sure if it was CDR or high attack speed that enabled this. Additionally, standing next to walls or outcropping seems to limit where the axe can land, potentially maximizing DPS. His abilities are just a lot of fun to use. It feels great catching axes on the run, pushing people around, and throwing your swirling death ultimate across the map to pick up kills as people try and escape.
I just had my axe land on top of a tree wall twice. Really annoying when you want to keep E active.

He might be the first champion I've considered getting Executioner's Calling. This can obviously have something to do with the fact that I was playing against Warwick. But the crit chance and passive fit really well with Draven imo.

Ark

Yeah, I've found that Nautilus can't carry terrible teams. If you want to play some normals, send me a buddy request or message. My IGN is in one of the screen caps from another post.

I'll keep playing ranked solo because if I'm with someone I'll feel bad if we lose and they lose ELO (and I don't care much about my ELO to be honest).

I assume you're on the North American servers? I'm one of the few LoL-GAF'ers on EU-West :L

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just had my axe land on top of a tree wall twice. Really annoying when you want to keep E active.
I only ever saw it partially move on to a wall, still leaving the possibility to grab the axe.

Boken

Banned
Watching dance, schma, dan and summons play.

MAYBE ILL JOIN IN NEXT ONE

BTW, ranked games give you the most bonus ip from ip boost.

Igladius

Neo Member
is anyone watching the World Invitational? Riot is (of course) getting stomped, as expected. What I'm wondering is why they are playing on the old map (pre-Darius patch)??

Why make the new map, yet not show it off on the world stage? (o_O)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
is anyone watching the World Invitational? Riot is (of course) getting stomped, as expected. What I'm wondering is why they are playing on the old map (pre-Darius patch)??

Maybe it was played before that patch and we're just seeing a prerecorded video?

Blizzard

Banned
I assume it's just my fault, but I've lost like 8-10 out of my last 12-13. Whatever I used to be able to do with katarina or riven before I stopped playing over 1200 elo is gone, and I do nothing but die since I came back. In addition I continue to get stuff like 1/10 players top lane, and it seems like I NEVER see that on the other team. Does matchmaking ever end up putting you against better players consistently?

Igladius

Neo Member
everywhere I am looking/reading says that it is a live event. yet still the old map. (-__-)

Edit: Riot just lost round 1 by almost 20 friggin' kills.

Ken

I assume it's just my fault, but I've lost like 8-10 out of my last 12-13. Whatever I used to be able to do with katarina or riven before I stopped playing over 1200 elo is gone, and I do nothing but die since I came back. In addition I continue to get stuff like 1/10 players top lane, and it seems like I NEVER see that on the other team. Does matchmaking ever end up putting you against better players consistently?

Go play some normal games? Or play with bad-GAF.

garath

Oh man. I forgot about that. Crap. Wanted to watch.

It's pre-recorded. Snoopeh was in vegas a few weeks ago.

Boken

Banned
Tournament realms are often a patch behind (it is prerecorded though)
Maknoon is such a charmer. Dodge hook, press laugh.

Blizzard

Banned
Go play some normal games? Or play with bad-GAF.
I tried that. Going from ranked to normal meant going from winning 50-60% of games to winning literally 10-15%.

And it turns out all I needed to do was complain about it. I just had an 18/1/4 katarina game against AP tristana (it hurt early but did not hurt ENOUGH). I felt so stupid too, the one death was from when I was sitting in a bush recalling with 5300+ gold, and the bush was too close to the enemy team. Two people jumped over a wall to get me. :(

Igladius

Neo Member
Oh man. I forgot about that. Crap. Wanted to watch.

It's pre-recorded. Snoopeh was in vegas a few weeks ago.

It was a total beat-down by the World Team, too. Riot was winning mid-game in the second round 9-18 with like a 2k gold advantage and blew it. Got Baron stolen after getting Aced. Just...wow.

but its good to know it was actually pre-recorded. I wasn't happy when it loaded up with the old map.

Merovin

Anyone from America interested in Riot Nasus? (Not 100% sure the code is going to work, I just used it on EU West and it was fine, and I'm pretty sure they can be used on each server), so the first one to quote this, enjoy (potentially)!

Ken

Anyone from America interested in Riot Nasus? (Not 100% sure the code is going to work, I just used it on EU West and it was fine, and I'm pretty sure they can be used on each server), so the first one to quote this, enjoy (potentially)!

Sure. I like skins.

Einbroch

Banned
What didn't you like about it?

I'm thinking of jumping back in.

I like playing support, and support in DotA 2 seems sooooo boring. You can't poke because you'll get insta-stun-dead, you're not supposed to creep, so you just stand there picking your nose.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it was insanely boring.

Wrekt

I like playing support, and support in DotA 2 seems sooooo boring. You can't poke because you'll get insta-stun-dead, you're not supposed to creep, so you just stand there picking your nose.

Probly better to ask the DotA thread, but as I understand it, the meta is 3 solo lanes + jungler + roamer and they don't use a LoL-style support.

Ken

Sounds great.

Hide in the forest and harass.

Roam to help out your lanes/counter-ward/check runes.

Always carry a TP to defend a tower/teammate.

The lack of gold/10 items hurts, but you're not supposed to keep up in levels/farm with your teammates.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deny, harass, pull, ward, roam, etc.

And you can poke without fear of being blown up instantly, but not against every lane comp. Just like an Graves-Blitz or Jarven-Liona comp would fuck you up if you started to get too aggressive, many lane comps in DOTA also punish aggressive play.

I've played this a few times in the past and now that iLoL seems to work pretty well I want to start playing a little more consistently. I've read the guides on the first page and plan on reading more, but I was wondering how the learning curve is? Do most feel like they progress often or is there a lot of walls (if that makes sense)?

So far I've played a lot of Caitlyn, but I want to mix it up a bit.

I've played this a few times in the past and now that iLoL seems to work pretty well I want to start playing a little more consistently. I've read the guides on the first page and plan on reading more, but I was wondering how the learning curve is? Do most feel like they progress often or is there a lot of walls (if that makes sense)?

So far I've played a lot of Caitlyn, but I want to mix it up a bit.

I think, personally, that the biggest hurdle is knowing what the other champion is capable of and at what range/distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom