• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Bronze: Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409) (Top 25%)
Silver: Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499) (Top 10%)
Gold: Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749) (Top 3%)
Platinum: 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+) (Top 0.1%)

Season 1 stats - from http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Ken

Chloe does have a decent nautilus

Bronze: Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409) (Top 25%)
Silver: Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499) (Top 10%)
Gold: Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749) (Top 3%)
Platinum: 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+) (Top 0.1%)

Season 1 stats - from http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

I see. So I'm still at the bottom of the ladder. Lol.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Is the friend list and Gaf chat bugged?

I logged in and see no one on from friend and gaf chat!!!!!!

I AM SO LONELY

edit: NM working now.

Boken

Banned
Report SUMMONS for RASIST
iL1Fk.jpg
report him for being an ugly little nerd

This game is why LoL>DotA

Blizzard

Banned
Report SUMMONS for RASIST

report him for being an ugly little nerd

This game is why LoL>DotA
What is your problem? First you say racist -- do you mean the robot thing? Then you raged on mumble even when I offered to change my style to however you want. I'm sorry I annoyed you, I was trying to tease. You gave first blood etc. :p

Boken

Banned
Read the chat in the screenshot?

edit: rasist is just a random joke see how its spelt wrongly

Yes I know you ACTUALLY WERENT THE BAD GUY. Neogaf just thought it was funny.

report summons

Blizzard

Banned
Read the chat in the screenshot?
I did. What is your explanation for the "rasist" comment? The robot thing? That lee sin was calling a teammate (not even me) a "piece of shit imbecile" and saying he would go afk, which you left out of the screenshot.

Really?

According to solo queue I am a "paint eating piece of shit".

I'll take your compliment though.

Edit: That was a good game. Won all lanes and crushed them after baron.

Corgi, it seems you started a bit earlier than we did. Maybe next time then.

Ken

Really?

According to solo queue I am a "paint eating piece of shit".

I'll take your compliment though.

Edit: That was a good game. Won all lanes and crushed them after baron.

Corgi, it seems you started a bit earlier than we did. Maybe next time then.

Just send me an invite whenever tomorrow and I will try to join.

Good games tonight, even if we didn't win very much.

I need to practice playing other roles but I sure do hate last hitting ever since I discovered the jungle.

Q8D3vil

i gave dota 2 another run, am i the only one who think LoL engine is more fluid (i know dota 2 is beta ).
i dont understand how someone can say that dota 2 u can see everything when watching tournament but in lol u cant.

Ark

Well, Skarner sure is the biggest pile of crap I've ever wasted 6300IP on. I feel scammed, but then I feel that way after buying any 6300IP champion.

Awful clear speeds, massively mana-reliant, no gap closers, pre-6 ganks are all luck based. Actually furious that I allowed myself to waste 6300IP on him.

I wish Riot would just introduce an optional subscription system so I wouldn't have to buy individual champions for such ridiculous prices, or if they stopped scamming us with their RP system.

Skarner has very good clear speeds, but yeah he is massively reliant on mana. The nerf on the mana cost on his Q was HARD.

I don't really see how he's any worse than someone like Udyr when it comes to ganks though.

Wrekt

You are leveling Q first on Skarner, right?

Edit: And I don't think the Q nerf was that big of a deal. From a full mana bar, you only got 1 less Q (at 1) before running OOM. If I didn't read the patch notes, I doubt I would have ever noticed.

Ken

Well, Skarner sure is the biggest pile of crap I've ever wasted 6300IP on. I feel scammed, but then I feel that way after buying any 6300IP champion.

Awful clear speeds, massively mana-reliant, no gap closers, pre-6 ganks are all luck based. Actually furious that I allowed myself to waste 6300IP on him.

I wish Riot would just introduce an optional subscription system so I wouldn't have to buy individual champions for such ridiculous prices, or if they stopped scamming us with their RP system.

Skarner has faster or equal clear times with Nautilus. His W is a gap closer and his Q helps you stick on them.
His ganks are more team-reliant than Nautilus; if you're team member isn't on point when you go in you're not going to score a kill or do much.

Are you running move speed quints and attack speed marks?

Avinexus

Skarner is a pubstomp. His ult is just a big "HEY! HIT THIS GUY!" sign, quite useful for solo. And its pretty much a guaranteed kill. Most people never even get a QSS against him in pubs, which is one of the the main reason he isn't used in competitive games, although I think some Asian teams still use him.

Ark

I was leveling Q yeah, his clear speeds aren't that bad, I was just being angry. Still think he's shite though, back to Nautilus I go.

Now I've got less than 500IP and I've gotta somehow farm up to buy Nocturne and Jarvan IV. I really do hate this IP system, doesn't reward you with anywhere near enough IP for a game, that or the champions are simply just too expensive.

Ken

I was leveling Q yeah, his clear speeds aren't that bad, I was just being angry. Still think he's shite though, back to Nautilus I go.

Now I've got less than 500IP and I've gotta somehow farm up to buy Nocturne and Jarvan IV. I really do hate this IP system, doesn't reward you with anywhere near enough IP for a game, that or the champions are simply just too expensive.

If you want a carry jungler, I think Nocturne would have been a better pick. Being able to build tanky or carry really helps, while Skarner seems to only lean towards tanky.

Looks like I need to practice my support characters a lot since it seems like everyone in low ELO wants to be the KILL PEOPLE lane.

Edit: And I don't think the Q nerf was that big of a deal. From a full mana bar, you only got 1 less Q (at 1) before running OOM. If I didn't read the patch notes, I doubt I would have ever noticed.
It costs 20->28 now. Back then it was just 15 across all levels. When you consider how much you need spam it, 5->13 increased mana cost really adds up. Pre-nerf, when I start with blue I don't really go OOM even while spamming E. Post-nerf I use E like once per camp.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Skarner has fantastic map presence due to his movespeed and clear times, strong ganks, good survivability, and scales well into end game. He is a great mixture of damage, tankiness, item flexibility, and control, so he actually does really well carrying teams. He is also pretty much invulnerable to counterpicking, although people can build items against his ult.

If you are having that much trouble with one of the strongest junglers in the game you need to look at your build, path, and ganks.
It costs 20->28 now. Back then it was just 15 across all levels. When you consider how much you need spam it, 5->13 increased mana cost really adds up. Pre-nerf, when I start with blue I don't really go OOM even while spamming E. Post-nerf I use E like once per camp.
Like if you are using his E to clear you are doing it wrong.

Wrekt

Something does need to be done with his E. For the mana, it doesn't restore enough health, do enough damage, or have a high enough range. I don't take a single point in it until I've already maxed Q and W.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Something does need to be done with his E. For the mana, it doesn't restore enough health, do enough damage, or have a high enough range. I don't take a single point in it until I've already maxed Q and W.
Riot only knows how to nerf champions, so I'd rather they just left him alone.

Like if you are using his E to clear you are doing it wrong.
I use 1 pt of E just for sustain. I don't get any sustain item for him. Extra spammability made his clear speed a bit better.

Only time I don't put E last is when I get a good hard leash, but that's not something to hope for in solo queue.

Blizzard

Banned

Skarner seems like a very good jungler and tank to me, but maybe the nerf made him non-viable.

And what you're supposed to do is wait until a free week, try them during the free week, and only afterwards spend 6300 IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom