• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KS'ing (or just killing) with shunpo is great because you can instantly use it again, plus of course getting the ult almost ready to use again. Flash + shunpo kill + shunpo kill + shunpo escape is funny.

Yeah her passive is great. Shunpo+ult, and if someone dies you can Shunpo again to the next champ (who is likely running away).

She's the perfect hero to practice smart-casting with.

Played some smite today. It's a 3rd person moba that just went beta this weekend. It's kinda rough right now, item choices are pretty bland.. and I'm not sure how serious the game can be played. They take a lot of cues from LoL *alot* more than dota. That said it's a neat take on the genre. My only big complaint so far is the champions are really bland. It's 20 bucks to get into the beta with starter pack if you feel like trying it out, but it'll eventually be F2P (though you'll have these champs unlocked permenantly come release)

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

Also... if you think LoL has no shame with boobs...

Some screens
Just want to point out that our Wukong and their Sun Wukong are both based off of the Monkey King. Also, even though it's in atrocious 3rd person, this looks interesting to me, if only because there's 15 heroes. Definitely going to try it out.

Ferrio

Banned
Just want to point out that our Wukong and their Sun Wukong are both based off of the Monkey King. Also, even though it's in atrocious 3rd person, this looks interesting to me, if only because there's 15 heroes. Definitely going to try it out.

Just take note that the game is still very rough, so don't expect much. Items and Skills all seem very samey too. Also everything is technically a skillshot since you don't have the ability to target.

Just take note that the game is still very rough, so don't expect much. Items and Skills all seem very samey too. Also everything is technically a skillshot since you don't have the ability to target.
All that stuff sounds good to me, but thanks for the warning.

Ark

I've read that Riot will refund a champ purchase if you really don't like it. They probably don't do it frequently for the same account but it wouldn't hurt to hit up support.

Hmm I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for letting me know.

That, was brilliant. Thanks :p

Quit for two days, try again, and you are predicted to win one of your first two games.

Played one game this morning, lost because my team was awful. Even me playing my fail safe Taric support didn't work. I'll try again on Thursday.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for letting me know.

That, was brilliant. Thanks :p

Played one game this morning, lost because my team was awful. Even me playing my fail safe Taric support didn't work. I'll try again on Thursday.
I hope my prediction works. =( Though as support you will have very limited impact if the team is bad.

Skarner for sure.
Good call, I guess I forgot about that. Even if his E is useless, he seems decent.

PROSONA
AiZqf.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Two kills? You KS'ing bastard!

I love KSing as Sona

Boken

Banned
Leesin was hardly buffed, people just didn't recongise the true potential of having 7 frigging different abilities at once.

Blizzard

Banned
Draven patch notes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/draven-patch-notes

•Fixed a bug that caused players to hear Sad Robot Amumu's voice across the map
SADNESS

Darius:
•Hemorrhage (Passive) bonus Attack Damage ratio reduced to 0.3 from 0.4
•Noxian Guillotine will now only refresh its cooldown when it deals the killing blow

Nautilus lost 20 damage from the shield titan's wrath thing. Hopefully is won't totally destroy him.

Kog'maw apparently was too strong:
•Living Artillery damage bonus to Champions reduced to 125% from 150%

Swain has a 2-second shorter cooldown on something, I don't like this.

Koomaster

Two kills? You KS'ing bastard!

I love KSing as Sona
I had a game where I could not stop KS'ing as Sona. I felt so bad; had something like 15 kills by the end.

'Oh noes that guy is getting away, let me queue up my slowing power chord *you have slain an enemy*... oh killed him.'

'Oh my teammate needs healing I'll just *finger slips to Q* *Ace!*... son of a...'

'Let me switch to my blue aura to give my lanemate more power *you have slain an enemy*... how was that champ even in my range to kill?'

'I'm comin' to help, I'm rushin' to help you guys, I'm comin' to the team fight, just wait for me, almost there let me throw in a W and then a Q to help wear 'em down... *Double Kill* I uh...'

'Alright for reals guys, for really reals I'm just gonna sit back, throw in some auto attacks to harass these guys, it's all good *you have slain an enemy* what no I didn't mea *Double Kill!* wait how do I sto *Triple Kill!*... I worked my fingers to the bone to play you these fine kill steals.'

'Look at those champs running away, let's have a Sona Dance Party so you guys can finish them off *Double Kill* ... fuck it, going AD Sona.'

Blizzard

Banned
At least they are buffing Ezreal.
I'm not happy about that either. I think I got destroyed by an AP mid ezreal since the skillshots seem nearly too fast to dodge, and he's nearly ungankable due to the double flash. (I assume the downside to AP ezreal is that he doesn't do much damage lategame and is a poke champion?)

Boken

Banned
Summons thought process: Gets destroyed by X champion, X champion is STRONG.

-Every champion in league is strong now.

Summon's the buff is more of a buff for AD Ez so you don't have to worry about your AP mid ezreals

Blizzard

Banned
The way I look at it, if anyone beats me, my champions aren't strong enough. This can cause problems if anyone else ever uses a champion I use -- I need some sort of buff aura that only works for me but not other players.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Corki must be using Valkyrie to dodge the AD ranged nerfs. No idea how he didn't get hit too. He will easily be the dominant pick post patch.

dimb

Loads of people will buy Draven and miss tons of CS and get owned hard by mages who can properly predict the axe lands. Fortunately his kit coherency/damage is probably good enough for people to get by.
Why would they do that, it wasn't that strong to begin with?
He is one of the best junglers right now, and maybe the strongest ganker next to like Alistar. His scaling into late game is pretty underwhelming though, and this will probably make that a bigger weakness. Early ganks win a lot of games though.

Blizzard

Banned
Loads of people will buy Draven and miss tons of CS and get owned hard by mages who can properly predict the axe lands. Fortunately his kit coherency/damage is probably good enough for people to get by.
Why would there be mages in the bottom lane?

Also, how can anyone predict where the axe lands? Unless I was missing something from that preview video, the landing spots seemed to be picked virtually at random. Unless hitting slightly to one side causes a predictable pattern or something (I didn't have sound for the video).

Ken

I'm not happy about that either. I think I got destroyed by an AP mid ezreal since the skillshots seem nearly too fast to dodge, and he's nearly ungankable due to the double flash. (I assume the downside to AP ezreal is that he doesn't do much damage lategame and is a poke champion?)

AP Ez doesn't do much damage early and mid game. He'll constantly poke at you with W and...that's about it for the first 30 minutes or so.

Of course, I play AD Ez so his buffs don't really mean much to me since I don't even level Essence Flux until 7.

dimb

Also, how can anyone predict where the axe lands? Unless I was missing something from that preview video, the landing spots seemed to be picked virtually at random. Unless hitting slightly to one side causes a predictable pattern or something (I didn't have sound for the video).
I meant mages would be able to shut him down in team fights, double AP comps, which will be stronger with a refreshed Swain, will be powerful against him in particular. There are still AD bot champions who can take advantage of knowing someone's positioning, particularly champs like Corki or Urgot.

And you can watch the axe as it flies through the air, and it has a general location based on movement and positioning. It isn't completely random.

He is one of the best junglers right now, and maybe the strongest ganker next to like Alistar. His scaling into late game is pretty underwhelming though, and this will probably make that a bigger weakness. Early ganks win a lot of games though.

I still need to try his jangling. But I would imagine him to be an op ganker. Even without his level 6 Nautilus can easily help take down an enemy if he gets the jump on them.

To initiate I would flash or ghost then
a)autoattack stun
b)shield+autoattack
c)exhaust
d)pull
e)slow aoe
f)autoattack stun

I try to position behind the enemy to get maximum effect of blocking his path.

Ken

I still need to try his jangling. But I would imagine him to be an op ganker. Even without his level 6 Nautilus can easily help take down an enemy if he gets the jump on them.

To initiate I would flash or ghost then
a)autoattack stun
b)shield+autoattack
c)exhaust
d)pull
e)slow aoe
f)autoattack stun

I try to position behind the enemy to get maximum effect of blocking his path.

I never initiate with Flash or Ghost. Just pop out from behind them, auto attack stun, they flash, hook them back to you, ult if needed, and tower dive like a man.

I once hooked onto someone trying to run to a ledge to flash over it but the hook drew them back a little causing them to flash into the ledge but not over.

What do you do when you've pushed a lane towards the enemies turret in top lane?

It is stated in the champion spotlight that it falls depending on where he is running when it hits.

AP Ez is just like AD Kennen - the opposite, intended builds for them deal far more damage overall. However, due to exploitation of other strengths in their kit, they can fit their purpose well.

Stoning's AP Ez video shows off what he is capable of.

Leesin was hardly buffed, people just didn't recongise the true potential of having 7 frigging different abilities at once.

His passive got a major buff. His ult got a buff. His Q's missile speed got buffed. All this like a day after he came out cuz he was so bad. So yea I would say he got a significant buff.

Man. Everytime I think about playing this again memories of terrible teammates and leavers haunt me.

Still, I think I will give it a shot again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom