• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Ranged mostly

I think she's 4800 now but I love playing Miss Fortune. She's not the best late game carry unless fed but she's a great laner and I find her fun to play. Abuse your opponent early game with your damage then when they start standing back, double shot off the back of the creep wave to keep hitting them. Eventually you either zone them or kill them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Only buy characters you've played and know you like, particularly early on.

I haven't played him yet but I think Draven's weakness will be positioning in team fights. Being forced to move to certain spots in the middle of a team fight to catch your spinning blades, possibly setting yourself up in a bad position, or lose out on DPS seems pretty hard.

I realize that the blade does land depending on if you're running forward or running backwards, bur you're still, in a way, being forced to move to certain spots that may not always be the best position to be in.

I agree. I think good use of his E in a teamfight is really important too. You can probably only use it once but one good use of it and you can separate their team in half making it easier for your team to focus someone down quickly. Anivia or trundle wall plus his separation can really mess a team up badly.

When are we going to get another AP Mid? We must be due one soon, the only decent recent one was Ahri, I guess you could count Ziggs but no one plays him any more and Vicktor is damned near useless.

We have so many AP mids in the game atm. Half the champs I own are AP mid. Maybe it's just my bias towards liking mid champ skillsets. I personally feel like we need a new tank.

Draven is stupid fun, just wish the catch axe symbol was more recognizable in team fights. Also he needs a Macho Man skin, badly. Macho Man Draven....Think of the glory!

Q8D3vil

What ranked elo has over 40 kills one one team alone. D:

1000 elo rank of sadness.
their team started 4 players so it was 3v4 but then eventually they connected, i was rumble and pretty much i kill everyone of them easy (they troll picked tryndamere as their carry).

we probably could have won if our shitty last pick troll ryze didnt come back from disconnected and fed 5 kills (i told him to not touch the game and leave it because he was under leveled but he ignored it anyway).
the most bullshit game in LoL i have ever played.

AcridMeat

Banned
Draven is stupid fun, just wish the catch axe symbol was more recognizable in team fights. Also he needs a Macho Man skin, badly. Macho Man Draven....Think of the glory!
I would buy that.

Therefore it shouldn't be made. I don't want to buy RP again.

edit:
Only buy characters you've played and know you like, particularly early on.
Unless you use the tried and true method of no runes. Then you have all this IP for all these champs.

I got put in with a 4-man premade in draft and they asked me to AD carry. I thought it was my lucky day.

Their support player picks taric, so I pick corki and figure we're going for a kill lane. Last second he switches to janna, which I would've definitely gone someone less squishy with.

We get in game and he's terrible. Never AAs the enemy cait or soraka even when they can't hit him back, shields me when i'm not even close to engaging so it's on CD while cait comes in and outranges me, and not once during an exchange lands a storm on cait. It was like a 2v1 lane and since they had sustain and I didn't, I had to hug my tower and go back to base far too often.

On top of that, our jungle fed cait by going in right as they had a full wave of minions just outside of our tower range and giving her a kill over me. Then he blames us for not going in even though I'm at 30% and they are both full health.

We lose since the other lanes are feeding and even though I managed decent farm and am 0-0-0, they blame me for not carrying them.

Sometimes this community really gets to me.

C0Nib.jpg

My best game today. I don't think it was going to get better than that. I killed Jarvan so many times.

Telaso

Banned
I got put in with a 4-man premade in draft and they asked me to AD carry. I thought it was my lucky day.

Their support player picks taric, so I pick corki and figure we're going for a kill lane. Last second he switches to janna, which I would've definitely gone someone less squishy with.

We get in game and he's terrible. Never AAs the enemy cait or soraka even when they can't hit him back, shields me when i'm not even close to engaging so it's on CD while cait comes in and outranges me, and not once during an exchange lands a storm on cait. It was like a 2v1 lane and since they had sustain and I didn't, I had to hug my tower and go back to base far too often.

On top of that, our jungle fed cait by going in right as they had a full wave of minions just outside of our tower range and giving her a kill over me. Then he blames us for not going in even though I'm at 30% and they are both full health.

We lose since the other lanes are feeding and even though I managed decent farm and am 0-0-0, they blame me for not carrying them.

Sometimes this community really gets to me.

I know your pain man, just had a game where insta lock Corki first pick. I end up playing support janna because they asked me to.

At level 2 the corki decides he cant farm well enough. So sits in the tower until the creeps push up. Other bot lane realizes this, and freezes the lane. He doesnt even try to do anything. This was in ranked... i really was about to freak out, cant believe how dumb some people are....

What gets me is when people complain when you won't join in when they decide to suicide in your lane. Doesn't matter if you had less than 10% hp against enemies that were at full health, apparently you are expected to jump in and kill the enemy without dying.

I just realized high school is out and all the little shitheads are now online.

Can we have an age filter? Please? For fucks sake, before I grind my teeth.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
lol @ putting barriers of entry on a F2P game.

dimb

I'm not pointing fingers, but you're the one first picking Teemo bromine.

Q8D3vil

I think he means in ranked. And it sounds like he doesn't want to play ranked any more.

Teemo is a good counterpick to certain champions top.

unless he is super fed, he have no good rule in the end game since he die quickly and have 0 cc.
unless he picks few lucky kills with mushrooms he is useless.

Q8D3vil

Every AD carry says otherwise but ok.

ad's have much better range and most of them have better escape mechanism (like graves, cait and corki) and they do insane crit damage in the end game if they farm well even without getting kills.

teemo in the other hand is annoying little shit but thats it for him.

Blizzard

Banned

I'd rather have high school kids playing games than anyone who uses the word "kid" or "kids" in ingame chat. People going "listen kid" or "damn kids, bla bla bla elo hell" etc., when they are the ones going 0/10 and making horrible decisions or whatever make me sad.

Blizzard

Banned
That I did, but I hated the team's attitude before the game even started.

Ranked had been a very, very nice experience up until yesterday, where I ran into several teams consecutively that were full of dicks.
You can't blame your team for making you pick Teemo.

That said, Teemo is the cutest champion and ergo the best. The yordle aura alone should have carried you to victory.

Ken

"I don't have an AD ranged carry, or a support. And I don't have rune pages for anything besides top, mid, and jungle. Therefore, I should be allowed to do only those roles regardless of what everyone else wants or called for."

wat.

Blizzard

Banned
"I don't have an AD ranged carry, or a support. And I don't have rune pages for anything besides top, mid, and jungle. Therefore, I should be allowed to do only those roles regardless of what everyone else wants or called for."

wat.
If only there were an AD ranged carry, or a support character, that could be obtained for free with a skin for each!

Ken

If only there were an AD ranged carry, or a support character, that could be obtained for free with a skin for each!

"And by mid rune pages I mean I don't have a rune page for Akali to trigger both of her passives but I'll choose Akali against Veigar anyways."

Ranked is the best.

Boken

Banned
"And by mid rune pages I mean I don't have a rune page for Akali to trigger both of her passives but I'll choose Akali against Veigar anyways."

Ranked is the best.

I dunno, you have a guy who can play 3 roles (which is pretty good) and he probably told this beforehand. There's no real problem with this. (Though I think everybody who plays ranked should be at least be ready to support). If your team can somehow force a guy to go to the one lane he cant operate in, you're kinda setting yourself for a fall.

It kinda seems like you're getting annoyed that he can "only" play top, mid and jungle? That sounds unreasonable, chloe.

What's Fiora like guys? Saw she was on sale and I haven't seen her around since the week she came out.
She's alright. Greatest level 2 fighting capability in the game I think (lame udyr not withstanding). She has a very simple play style and can snowball pretty well, but also gets countered quite hard by strong top lanes. Her high damage can be abused against people who don't expect it (many people). I also like omnislashing. She's basically Master Yi in team fights though.

Ken

I dunno, you have a guy who can play 3 roles (which is pretty good) and he probably told this beforehand. There's no real problem with this. (Though I think everybody who plays ranked should be at least be ready to support). If your team can somehow force a guy to go to the one lane he cant operate in, you're kinda setting yourself for a fall.

It kinda seems like you're getting annoyed that he can "only" play top, mid and jungle? That sounds unreasonable, chloe.

Well, we ended up letting him go mid since I'm like whatever and went support Soraka, but it's still kind of annoying the way he said it (almost in a "not support or AFK way). He called top initially (after me and another guy) and it wasn't until after we had chosen our roles that he decided to tell us he doesn't want bot lane. That and he failed miserably at mid and constantly DC'd throughout the game so in the end I guess it means nothing that he could play mid lane. I guess I'm kind of glad we didn't give him bot lane if his mid lane (a lane he could supposedly play) was so bad.

Maybe I'm just being unreasonable or I'm just a little irked that these last two games I called top first and ended up playing support in both because everyone else wants to be real manly men and kill everything.

Called top in this game but the guy chose Garen and said he didn't see me call top. 0/5 against Shyvana in the first 15 minutes.

zzz.

Koomaster

What gets me is when people complain when you won't join in when they decide to suicide in your lane. Doesn't matter if you had less than 10% hp against enemies that were at full health, apparently you are expected to jump in and kill the enemy without dying.
Happened to me the other day; was playing Sona in lane with a Vayne who had a death wish. I healed her every time it was off CD and even used the summoner spell. Eventually I just couldn't keep up and she died - then blamed me for not attacking with her. Yes, you with no health and me vs two other champs at full health - sounds promising.

I guess people like that just want their support to go down with the ship as it were. She actually told me not to heal her anymore, so I didn't the rest of the game. She died a lot; oh well.

dimb

I would say it's extraordinarily rare. If you're wanting a more traditional strong top lane champion you might want to practice olaf, yorick, garen, or maybe even riven.
Garen is probably one of the worst bruisers in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom